[Sign-Ups] Deify page 8

231 posts

Flag Post

@Behemoth542 keep playing :D third times the charm right?

Flag Post

There is a completely logical explanation for why the character was made.

And I repeat, do you realize how complicated, out of the way, and stupid this sounds?

Yes.

Why must you be utterly CONVINCED that Minnakht is copying you.

Why must you be so hell bent on saying that the intent is malicious and on purpose.

Did it ever run through your skull that this could all be coincidence and that this isn’t just one elaborate scheme against you because of an argument you had with this person in the past.

Did it ever run through your skull that-

…why do I bother. You don’t know anything. It will just be a waste of my time and brain cells if I try to explain. If I don’t explain, Minnakht slanders me. If I do explain to try to counter his slander, I waste my time and brain cells. Either way I lose, so it’s not like it makes a difference.

In short… I try to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Well, as everything I do seems to cause problems, I shall stop playing from this very moment. It was fun, but seems that I’m ruining it. Sorry for causing so much troubles.

If you meant the all-knowing library and the blue fire… You should’ve just discussed with the GM and other players before introducing such important concepts. Mistakes like those can be easily overlooked if you learn from them, and they aren’t worth quitting the game over.

Flag Post

I recognize that I’ve should told BC and the rest, but I don’t you’re exactly the most indicaed one to tell that, B_S. You’ve only told BC about your stuff, and, if I’m right, you don’t want to tell the players anything. Anyway, to the rest, if you want to know what I have in mind, just ask. I forget most times to tell what I’m planning

Flag Post

You’ve only told BC about your stuff, and, if I’m right, you don’t want to tell the players anything.

You’re under no obligation to tell me anything you don’t want to. However, you are under the obligation to tell the GM of your plans, if you don’t want to risk them getting rejected.

you don’t want to tell the players anything.

I thought people didn’t like spoilers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ronaga:

[Just a reminder B_S. It seems like you have all of this stuff to “be revealed later”. Just keep in mind that this is an RP not per-written story. I know how you complained about how the other players reacted themselves to a god that you wanted to take care of yourself. Just keep in mind that in the future the circumstances may not give you the option to reveal this stuff. There are other players who’s characters personalities tie into what happen. Just factor these things unless you want another “Sapherion” to happen"]

Oh, to hell with it. I might as well just reveal everything right now, seeing as apparently you guys aren’t too big on suspense.

Name: Tempus Loci.

Alternate Names: Telerius Logian, his name as a mortal. Virtually no one in existence know of this name.

Titles: The Lord of Time and Space; the (self-proclaimed) Ruler of All That Was, All That Is, and All That Will Be; the Tinkerer of Everything; the Master Scientist; the Seeker of Ultimate Knowledge; the Truthseeker; the Abuser of Loopholes; the Master of Exploitation; the Breaker of Limits; the Ultimate Munchkin.

Appearance: Tempus Loci appears humanoid, but is always covered from head to toe by a hooded, plain gray cloak. When he reaches out with his hands, they appear human but are covered completely by gray gloves. His face is covered by a featureless gray mask, and I mean really featureless; it’s just a smooth convex surface made of some unknown gray material, without any openings for eyes or other facial features. Virtually no one has seen it, but underneath his clothes Tempus Loci resembles a young male human of medium height and build, with lightly tanned skin, short, messy brown hair, gray eyes, and a reasonably handsome face. His expression is neutral, and his eyes obscure, so that little can be discerned by observing him.

Personality:
- Base: “Knowledge is power”; this is the central, sacred doctrine of Tempus Loci. He craves knowledge above nearly all else, knowledge that will allow him to do whatever he wishes however he wishes. He wants to know how to control all of existence and everything within. He is determined more than any other being to decipher the laws that govern how the universe functions, laws that bind even deities, and bend these laws of his will and advantage. He possesses the selfishness and greed of a mortal, but his intent in itself is not overtly malicious, for he desires power and control over others but not necessarily its usage to make others suffer.
- Perceived: Tempus Loci is believed by his worshippers to be the wisest, most ingenious being in existence. There is little that Tempus Loci knows not, and even these will be known by him in due time.
- Overall: Tempus Loci is an indescribably brilliant entity with an insatiable thirst for knowledge and the power that comes with it.

Focus: The space-time continuum. The usage of space or time as a deific focus was long thought to be impossible by other deities, as the two were believed to be abstract concepts. However, Tempus Loci was able to discover that space and time were, in fact, two facets of a single actual, physical entity, and thus claim said entity as his focus. This allows him to, among other things, create a massive pocket universe that is nevertheless almost totally undetectable by those he wishes to hide from.
[Here I’m talking about relativistic spacetime. You know, with time dilations and length contractions and stuff. Spacetime is an actual, physical entity, not an abstract concept.]

Portfolio: Space, time, knowledge, science, technology, power, control, exploitation, greed, truth.

Backstory:
Tempus Loci was once Telerius Logian, a mere mortal man from an alternate timeline. Born a genius and blessed with even greater intelligence by a god of science and technology whom he once worshipped, Telerius was the greatest of all scientific minds at that time. As his technological advancements allowed humans to bend the world to their will almost as deities did, Telerius became fascinated by the sheer power and knowledge could bring, a fascination that became desire and quickly spiralled out of control. He attempted to build a device that would allow him to do the unthinkable: strip the divinity from a deity and claim it as his own. Through a combination of weariness and almost willingness on the deity’s own part, and sheer luck, Telerius managed to steal the divinity from his patron deity and ascend to godhood. But in retrospect, Telerius didn’t quite think everything through, as he painfully found out when a number of other deities came to hunt him down. Desperate and having nowhere to run, Telerius spent much of his power to fling himself through time itself into the distant past.
Having arrived at more than 50,000 years ago, when the first sapient beings were just beginning to form, Telerius decided to be much more careful this time around; leaping through time almost killed him and he wasn’t willing to attempt it again. Seeking out the deity of technology that was once his patron, who was just born not long ago as the sapients first began to tinker with the world, Telerius attempted to steal that deity’s divine power again, this time aided by divine power of his own. Despite the paradoxical nature of such an event, Telerius succeeded, becoming much more powerful than the average deity in the process. He took on the name Tempus Loci, and began his experiments.
First, he created his own pocket universe, using his control over spacetime to ensure that no one is aware of his existence.
Second, he created life, intelligent life specifically designed to worship him above all else and increase his power further. As of present time Tempus Loci has an entire planet of them, fearsome war machines that provide him with power and ready to conquer or destroy in his name.
Third, he tried to go even further, and create deities, deities that will serve him with absolute loyalty and devotion. However, this is no easy task, and most of his creations were failures; only two such artificial deities survived.
Fourth, he tried to determine how far a deity’s focus could stretch. As Telerius Logian, he knew that all matter was the same on a subatomic level, so the first of his two artificial deities was able to claim matter itself as its focus. All forms energy was the same and could be converted into one another, so the second artificial deity took energy as a focus. He could not get their foci to stretch much beyond that.
Fifth, he tried to see if he could allow a single deity to have two foci. Attempting to do so directly failed. But he knew that matter and energy were in fact one and the same. Taking advantage of this fact, Tempus Loci took his two artificial deities, welded them together, and synchronized their thoughts until they were, for all intents and purposes, a single deity. He named this deity Ergos Materia, the deity of matter-energy. She chose to take on the form of a beautiful human female so that her presence would be as pleasing as possible to her master, as Tempus Loci was once a man. From this point onwards, Ergos Materia functioned as his most loyal confidant and devoted servant.
Sixth, he tried to bring other deities to his side, as creating deities out of scratch obviously wasn’t working so well. Back in his original timeline as a mortal, Tempus Loci knew that directly controlling another deity’s mind was not possible, but he wasn’t about to let that stop him. On her master’s behalf, Ergos Materia went to the world and made contact with Nekross, a vile, greedy, but relatively weak god of necromancy and undeath. He was offered a large batch of artificial worshippers created by Tempus Loci, which he almost immediately accepted due to the promise of greater power that came with the worship. But those artificial worshippers believed with all their hearts that Nekross was a deity who became the servant of Tempus Loci in exchange for power. Over time, that influenced Nekross’s overall personality enough that he decided to actually serve Tempus Loci. The first attempt being successful, Tempus Loci proceeded to do the same to three more deities over the millennia, giving power to these weaker deities but warping their minds at the same time.
Tempus Loci also performed a number of other experiments, often on his own servants. He was able to change the focus of Lethea, a goddess of poison and pestilence, so that she controlled chemistry and chemicals in general. He elevated a mortal known as Andros to godhood using only his own power, and made it so that Andros’s focus was as narrow as the man’s former mortal body. He worked closely with Psychosis, a goddess whose focus was the human brain, to determine the exact nature of consciousness and sapience, hoping to allow him to alter the minds of mortals and deities alike with greater ease. He tried to see if power could be gained by deities worshipping other deities, so that he could gain more power from his deific servants. He refined his method of stealing another deity’s godhood, so that he could, if nothing else, reliably take away the powers of his servants should they betray him. But more than anything else, Tempus Loci continued his search for ultimate knowledge, knowledge that would give him ultimate power.
Nowadays, Tempus Loci is almost totally unknown to the world and its deities, hiding in his nigh-undetectable pocket universe and sustaining himself on his planet of artificial worshippers alone. He interacts with the world through a covenant of his five deific servants (Ergos Materia, Nekross, Lethea, Andros, Psychosis), which the world thinks of as nothing more than a somewhat unusually large alliance of deities. And he prepare for the day when he will rule all.

That should tell you everything you’d want to know. If you ask why BC allowed this… I helped him make this game the day the idea first formed in his mind. I asked him if I can be the main antagonist, and he agreed.

Flag Post

[that wall….of text…I didn’t mean reveal everything at once. what I mainly was trying to say was to be flexible. Don’t worry I’m not going to bother to read it. Although I’m probably going to need to. Eh I’ll give the first paragraph and decide if I want to continue]

Flag Post

[One day… when the RPG is over… I shall write a book out of it. This could be a great book]

Flag Post

[One day… when the RPG is over… I shall write a book out of it. This could be a great book]

Can the book be central to my chracter’s POV? :D

Flag Post

I’m……trying to think of words……but after reading that………..can SOME other persons reaction to this? because I don’t even know where to start? All I can say right now I thought this was supposed to be a free RP where everyone just did what they did and THAT would make the plot. But no. It is all planed out for us to fight an all powerful deity that’s like 10 times stronger than everyone else in the end. I’m sorry but i thought we had free will of what was going to happen.

Flag Post
Can the book be central to my chracter’s POV? :D

Main character shall be the one who wins at the end, I think

Flag Post

I agree with Ronaga, one of the fun things of this kind of RPG is that the plot is choosen while we play. If this was following a strict storyline, we could have been told before at least.

Flag Post

If you’re going to do that despite me begging you not to, I’m going to quit the game immediately before making any significant impacts on the game; I’ve prepared ways of safely removing my vital characters from the game without screwing up the plot or setting. This is nothing personal, and I really mean no offense to your writing skills, but I cannot stand anyone other than myself controlling characters I’ve created. If I ever write a novel myself, there’s no way I’m going to look at any fanfiction of the novel, assuming it’s popular enough to get any.

I agree with Ronaga, one of the fun things of this kind of RPG is that the plot is choosen while we play. If this was following a strict storyline, we could have been told before at least.

Who said this has a restricted storyline? I have no plans other than a villain who is only about 1.5 times the power of an average PC.

Flag Post

Maybe you could write the book, B_S?

Flag Post

No. Again, I have no plans regarding any actual storyline. I’m just waiting to see whatever you guys throw at me, and try to adapt without screwing anything up. There’s no way I can possibly make a book out of it, at least not now.

Flag Post

Yeah but its a fact that it is a definite villain. That no matter what we do we will have to drop everything we are doing and fight some dude for control of the universe. what do you do afterward? “oh superpowerful final boss dude is dead…….what now” it gives no chance for any other plot to rise. If any does rise its more like a sidequest and eventually we have to fight the final boss with a preplanned plot. This might as well be a rpg video game. Rps are for you to play a role. where relations change. alliances are made. and small enough conflicts that the role play moves on afterward. Fitting such a climax puts a CLIMAX there. That’s basic story telling. once the climax happens then the falling action eventually leads to the end

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

No. Again, I have no plans regarding any actual storyline. I’m just waiting to see whatever you guys throw at me, and try to adapt without screwing anything up. There’s no way I can possibly make a book out of it, at least not now.

I was thinking on writing it at the end of the game, when everything ends.

Flag Post

what do you do afterward? “oh superpowerful final boss dude is dead…….what now” it gives no chance for any other plot to rise.

Why not? You do whatever you want after my villain is defeated. No one said my villain has to be final.

If any does rise its more like a sidequest and eventually we have to fight the final boss with a preplanned plot.

Did I not just flat out tell you that I do not have a plan? I have a vague goal in mind, but no idea how to get there. If there is no goal at all, the game stagnates due to the players being lazy and having nothing to do. I’ve seen it happen too many times.

Flag Post

GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

LETS STOP ARGUING AND PLAY THE F——ING GAME!!!

Flag Post

So, let me see if I got this right. Only thing that has been planned at this moment is that we will be fighting your characters, right? If that’s the only thing, and the when and how will be decided while playing, I think that is ok.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:

GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

LETS STOP ARGUING AND PLAY THE F——ING GAME!!!

Ignoring the problem does not make it disappear.

So, let me see if I got this right. Only thing that has been planned at this moment is that we will be fighting your characters, right? If that’s the only thing, and the when and how will be decided while playing, I think that is ok.

Yes. Finally someone who gets it.

Flag Post

Ok. Sorry for all the troubles, B_S. I think that there’s not much else to discuss, so we could go back to play the game

Flag Post

we’ll decide what to do about this tomorrow. I have to get to bed so I can deal with school. Lets spends sometime what to do about this weather we should allow it and let the other roleplayers react. I’m just use to chat rooms. Where yeah lazy players would come and go but the few dedicated RPers would keep the role play alive. Thats what I was hoping for when I saw there was no time limit for sign ups so new players can flow in and the lazy ones can get kicked out by the GM. But lets just take some time to think about it.

Flag Post

weather we should allow it

BC already allowed it; I doubt he’ll change his mind. And if he does, I’ll try to change it back. We’ve both seen too many RPs die off due to player laziness if there isn’t at least some sort of goal present.

Flag Post

I’d like to give an explanation to the library. I was thinking that Xinuriel followers, though they’re fewer than most deities cults, are scattered all around the Earth or whatever the world is called. Their way to help their god would be to collect books and papyres lost over the globe. Then they’ll put them in an altar on a shrine, where Xinuriel collects them and puts them in the library. Seems good?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

weather we should allow it

BC already allowed it; I doubt he’ll change his mind. And if he does, I’ll try to change it back. We’ve both seen too many RPs die off due to player laziness if there isn’t at least some sort of goal present.

In my experience, that’s not why RPs die. All the RPs I’ve seen die do so because I join them.
Of course, the trend you see may be observable in the same join = thread death pattern.