[Sign-Ups] Deify page 9

231 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

I’d like to give an explanation to the library. I was thinking that Xinuriel followers, though they’re fewer than most deities cults, are scattered all around the Earth or whatever the world is called. Their way to help their god would be to collect books and papyres lost over the globe. Then they’ll put them in an altar on a shrine, where Xinuriel collects them and puts them in the library. Seems good?

No objections here.

Originally posted by Kipdon:

In my experience, that’s not why RPs die. All the RPs I’ve seen die do so because I join them.
Of course, the trend you see may be observable in the same join = thread death pattern.

If all you have to say is that correlation doesn’t always mean causation, you’re not saying much. I think player laziness causes game deaths, and BC agrees.

Flag Post

I probably have severe clinical depression, and barely get any enjoyment out of anything. My free time is rather limited. I was having difficulties in the very beginning to think of decent enough plots for this game. And now it seems that my desire to stave off stagnation by setting an eventual future goal for players is not wanted. So I’m wondering if I should still even play.

Case in point: BC’s previous RP, Reclaim, died barely after it just begun, due to him not giving the players anything to do or any obvious goals, despite the game having an interesting setting and backstory. BC himself tends to not do anything unless asked to. I genuinely fear that if I don’t give people at least some kind of vaguely defined long-term goal, this game will die off, as BC said he won’t be making an overarching plot himself. That’s pretty much the only reason I’m here. But do you players want this? If you guys don’t, I might as well not bother.

Despite what Minnakht may claim, I’m not asking for sympathy here, as I automatically filter it all out anyways. I just want an answer. Do you guys want a goal or not?

Flag Post

You could be inconspicuous and not warp the game around yourself for a change.

Flag Post

Well I’m not one for giant goals but I am one for antagonistic like characters. people like me and helltank. We may not have big plans for world domination but we do pose problems of mayhem, tricks, and general asshatery. It also causes alliances to form. But I will leave the choice to my fellow RPers because I think I might have a biased opinion.Baisicly I’m a man of many little problems. not one big one

Flag Post

@Blood_Shadow I think a long term goal where you’re the villain is fine. Besides this is a pretty interesting concept for an rp. I think its great.

Originally posted by Minnakht:

I wouldn’t say he’s warping the game around himself. I mean he is the villain, yes. But he’s not actually doing anything major right now. Aside from experiments, which has had no effect to the plot thus far.

Flag Post

So I notice the game has been going to shambles slightly, just because a lot of the players are doing things without informing anyone else first. As a result, I’m now going to require anything that a player might want to add to the game beyond typical mythological lore for anything – e.g. stuff like blue fire, potential plot-changers and/or plot additions such as B_S’ villain – to be approved by me first. This will be in the rules, I will thank you for reading them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

I am like a black hole. I warp everything around me and eventually suck in everything. And I don’t want to change.

Flag Post

I know.

Flag Post

Why are you pointing out the obvious then?

Flag Post

Well done, Minnakht. Captain_Catface would be proud.

Flag Post

Not sure what are you praising me about, but thanks!

Honestly though, you could do with being something else than a villain or a pair of incredibly important characters destined for each other.
Restrictions breed creativity, you know? You could do with not being what you want to be sometimes, ‘cause if you are, you keep being the same thing over and over and that’s boring for everyone involved.

Flag Post

Name: Lotharien
Alt. Names: Longcoat,
Appearance: what appears to be a snow-white, faceless body, no rude bits (I do not want anybody saying "I kick him in the nuts), strange threads that appear unaffected by gravity, generally just floats there.
Personality:
Base: classy, pedantic, likes uniformity, slightly… fussy. Good-humoured, too.
Perceived: rational, calm, gentle, has a sense of humour.
Overall: a fairly rational, level-headed entity, usually able to keep emotions in check, possibly slightly obsessively compulsive.
Focus: Gravity..? Failing that, water.
-Portfolio: strives for progress, free thought, science, order, happiness… not a great fan of the religion thing, much prefers independence among followers.
Backstory: humans have never agreed. Around 28,000 years ago, a group of clans were at war with another clan. This one was much stronger, thanks to its (not incredibly powerful) god. Eventually, the other clan realised that to beat the enemy, they needed their own deity. They built a great temple. They prayed. And the altar exploded.
Lotharien had been born.

Flag Post

…not sure about the focus, Nerdsoft. And if you’d been paying attention, you’d realise that the majority of the world is roughly medieval in nature, with only a few areas having technology greater than that.

Flag Post

How about now? Please do not confuse him with Slenderman.

Flag Post

Try doing something you can touch, feel or see for the focus, that might help. =3

Lightning, money, gemstones, reflections, axes have been chosen amoung others as peoples focus.

Flag Post

Gravity can be felt. But failing that… water.

Flag Post

Gravity is a physical force and should by all means be a valid physical focus.

Flag Post

Water would not be a valid focus, Nerdsoft. Gravity, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable. Lotharien is accepted.

Flag Post

water? really? Fostix is ice remember so don’t try anything funny if you do choose water

Flag Post
Originally posted by thedude0:

water? really? Fostix is ice remember so don’t try anything funny if you do choose water

Because BC said fire, water, earth, air are all already taken as foci by more powerful deities.

Flag Post

ok but I won’t stand for anything funny like using hot water to melt Frotix

Flag Post
Originally posted by thedude0:

ok but I won’t stand for anything funny like using hot water to melt Frotix

[If someone is actually allowed to kill PCs within this game without the owner’s consent, then they hardly need to abide your warning.]

Flag Post

I got permission from BC to make a war occur between two kingdoms. Anyone think this would make a good event? (You can either choose one side, be neutral, be neutral peaceful, or neutral chaotic.)
(Peaceful means you try to stop the war.)
(Chaotic means you encourage the war. :P)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

I got permission from BC to make a war occur between two kingdoms. Anyone think this would make a good event? (You can either choose one side, be neutral, be neutral peaceful, or neutral chaotic.)
(Peaceful means you try to stop the war.)
(Chaotic means you encourage the war. :P)

[I don’t know why you’re setting all these bloody alignment parameters. People would do whatever they wanted anyway, it’s not as if you have to tell them a bunch of specific options and then name them.]

[If you want to go to the trouble of all this though, then sure.]

Flag Post

Well there won’t truly be any alignment parameters, You can just forget that I said about that. :P I was just saying that you could potentially make them fight eachother if you want for your god’s enjoyment. Or just try to stop the war rather then staying out of it or choosing a side. And of course your deity can always change what they decide to do.