[Game] Deify page 12

468 posts

Flag Post

Asmel

I appear in a column of smoke. I speak as calmly and orderly as I can, “The dragons are mad, but I got some info. It was hard to squeeze out, but I managed to have it happen.” I look around and sigh, “I also managed to get some evidence on what is truly happening.” I take out a bag. “The answer lies in this, but I am not as inclined to examine the damage done to it as the others.”

Flag Post

Richter
Ignoring the deities’s apparent disregard for my warning, I proceed to leave the Pantheon to check up on my followers.

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Asmel, lend me that object. I might be able to recognize it from one of my books”

Flag Post

Asmel

“I am certain you know what it is once you do see it.” I proceed to reach into the bag and pull out a little green conial thing. Lay the bag on the ground with the opening and the green thing facing away from me, I conjure a weight onto the green thing, crushing it, but not the bag opening. Waddling backwards while pulling the bag along, I unveil a dragon corpse first from the tail, then onward being taken from the bag. The dragon’s body fits neatly into the giant meeting room.

“I am surprised my bag could hold it, despite me already knowing this bag being able to hold mostly anything…” I then kneel by the dragons flank. Indicating several scorched spots along the dragons body, I continue, “As you can see, these are burn marks along the side of the body. These are not cause by a torch, but instead by magic. That is all I know about this magic, and I would like to ask for your help. This is not done by any of my followers, but instead as someone posing as them. They killed thirteen of these dragons. The dragons themselves saw fire being launched and their allies taken down. What do you think of this?”

Flag Post

Xinuriel

I get on my knees and examine the burns. After some minutes of investigation of the carcass I sentence “Blue fire. Only thing that can cause severe burns to a dragon. And the only books that teach how to do it where in my library which was ransaked while we where in the meeting. Ladies and gentlemen, let me inform you that we probably have a spy betwen us”

Flag Post

Blue fire. Only thing that can cause severe burns to a dragon.

[Ergos Materia taught some of her followers how to build plasma weapons hot enough to severely burn dragons without much difficulty. These weapons are likely powered or at least assisted by magic. But no, none of my plans involve her followers posing as Asmelians.]

And the only books that teach how to do it where in my library

[Why should Xinuriel have monopoly on this “blue fire”? If there is such a monopoly, which I think shouldn’t, the monopoly should belong to, you know, the actual god of fire, as mentioned in BC’s opening posts.]

Flag Post
Why should Xinuriel have monopoly on this “blue fire”

[Xinuriel’s library has existed since he was created. Blue Fire may be a dead knowledge, with all the books burnt out or destroyed in a war or something like that. But, as stated before, his library holds all books known by man and gods, excluding personal records]

Flag Post

[I am going for now, as I am pretty busy…]

Flag Post

[Let’s continue the discussion in the signup thread. I shouldn’t have started it here.]

Flag Post

Frostix
“If there is a spy in our mist then I will help find them in any way possible”

Flag Post

Malokiden
“Hold on luto it seems a more important issue has arrive for the time being”

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
A slight disturbance in the air, and the scorched earth and stained blood turns to cool, refreshing air, an aura of cleanliness and brightness. Teleportation complete, I survey the scene.
“Sorry I’m late,” I say, though I was not really sorry at all. I had been harnessing from the remains of a gigantic battle when I was given the summons to the meeting. Summons! I would kill them and feed on their pain if I had the power to do so.
I see other familiar faces as well, like the mischeivious faces of trickster gods and the blunt one of the god of war. Others, like the smiling, ever-punchable face of Xephonite, were not as welcome. I just hope the summons interrupted some big-ass harness, like leeching from a million followers praying in harmony or something.
Then again, he was one of the more popular gods. He got more power than I got and he didn’t even need to lift a finger. I don’t bother greeting him, but I do nod hellos to some of my friends and acquaintances.

Flag Post

Azorel
“You think another deity is trying to spy on us?”

Flag Post

Frostix
I see Arkfurionsk enter the room and give him an icy stare, I than move so that he wouldn’t see me

Flag Post

Asmel

“Hmmmm… Blue fire…” I turn to see Arkfurionsk enter. I beckon to him. “My followers were recently at one another of their stupid wars to resurrect Asmel, and they declared war on the dragons. These dragons were not killed by my followers, my followers have no magically ability whatsoever…” I show him the burn marks along the flank of the dragon corpse, “Do you know as much about death as you do to pain? Did you recently get a surge of power from several dying dragons, and if so, did it tell you something?”

Flag Post

Malokiden
“Why hello Arkurionisk. Long time no see. Hows the cult been?”

Flag Post

Richter
“So there’s a bloody spy amongst the gods,” I ask my informants, “Do you know who it is?”
“No, my lord,” they reply, “But whomever it may be would probably be someone not entirely loyal to his or her fellows.”
“I doubt that claim, I’m afraid,” I respond, “I will head back anyway, but I simply cannot see any wanting to betray the Pantheon.”
“Er… milord, we don’t think it’s a lack of spies that makes you unable to see that happening,” they say as I proceed away.
I burst into laughter on the way to the Pantheon, obviously taking their comments as mere jokes.

Flag Post

Kitaska

After overlooking all these event, and how the mood in the room suddenly going tense, my ears start to lay flat. “Come on guys… you guys are assuming things as their worst…” I hate to see a quarrel start out. I look towards the dead dragon, and start talking to Asmel, “I may be able to smooth the relationship between you and the dragons if you want.”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel gives Arkfurionsk Inferfurie the death glare. Yet Azorel holds back his desire to attack.

Edit @Blood_Shadow: I read it.

Flag Post

[You guys did read this post, right?]

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/320718-sign-ups-deify?page=7#posts-6779176

[It makes this whole discussion about “blue fire” and spies rather pointless.]

Flag Post

Luto

“Alright. Cards can wait.” I say to Malokiden. I feel a chill run down my spine and as I turn my head to look around it becomes obvious why. “Hello Arkfurionsk”.

Flag Post

Richter
I sniff the air as I enter the Pantheon and quickly turn to the source of the stench I detect, saying, “I smell blood on you, newcomer.” Moving cautiously closer to the fount of the scent, I tell him, “Arkfurionsk, I believe. I don’t know why you have blood on your hands now, but see to it that it doesn’t become a god’s in the future…”

Flag Post

@Kipdon: There aren’t any spies if you read Blood_Shadow’s post.

Flag Post

Hangman
(smoke enters a room from all sides and gathers into one form on the armchair) well, that was fun… I should visit earth more often… (grins with glee as he turns on the TV, watching his loyal subjects) okay, status check… War between Devils and Logic Angels? (flips through a few channels) Check The Shadows living in solidarity? Check, obviously…. God I hate check lists…

Flag Post

[I did read it, I don’t see how it relates to a lack of spies. Then again, I don’t know where the spy tangent came from in the first place. Still, I thought it would have been a cool relative point of conflict amongst a bunch of all-powerful deities. Regardless, I will remove traces of the spy argument form that post.]