[Game] Deify page 13

468 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kipdon:

[I did read it, I don’t see how it relates to a lack of spies. Then again, I don’t know where the spy tangent came from in the first place. Still, I thought it would have been a cool relative point of conflict amongst a bunch of all-powerful deities. Regardless, I will remove traces of the spy argument form that post.]

[The spies started from this…]

Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Xinuriel

I get on my knees and examine the burns. After some minutes of investigation of the carcass I sentence “Blue fire. Only thing that can cause severe burns to a dragon. And the only books that teach how to do it where in my library which was ransaked while we where in the meeting. Ladies and gentlemen, let me inform you that we probably have a spy betwen us”

Flag Post

@FelineForumer Thanks for finding the post

@Everyone and if you look it talks about blue fire and since the information from blue fire isn’t real. then neither are the spies (probably)

Flag Post

[Iffy on that, anyway. Also, does this game take place in modern/post-modern era and I missed a couple of beats, or are gods just allowed to bring in total history- and logic-breaking concepts?]

Flag Post

[It seems to be a mixture of ages. Modern machines, but also dragons and kolbolds.]

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel tries to ignore the god of screams and continue to play poker for fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kipdon:

[Iffy on that, anyway. Also, does this game take place in modern/post-modern era and I missed a couple of beats, or are gods just allowed to bring in total history- and logic-breaking concepts?]

anything is possible as a god. As a God, time is like what space is to us. They can easily drift across the ages or just sit and let time push them forward at it’s amazingly slow pace, or even sit in a single period of time. While all Gods though can make themselves skip through time, only a god of time could provide such for mere mortals.

Flag Post

[Is that an implication about EM’s “master?” I suspected he was time-based, but still… There are just so many things in this RP that I find imbalanced.]

Flag Post

[People, make the discussions about the game in the sign-ups thread]

Flag Post

Let me make an analogy (not only cuz analogies are fun; but cuz I thought it up and I dont want to waste it)

Imagine a beach. Now imagine that the water and it’s current is time. Mortals are like the rocks found at the bottom of the water; forced to move at the slow rhythmic pace of the water. Gods are like human swimmers, in total control of their movement throughout time. However Time Gods are like specialized swimmers who are able to touch to bottom of the water and pick up one of these stones and have the choice of holding onto the stone (thus immobilizing time for that individual) or throwing the stone (sending the subject hurling through time). There is no speed in between; either they freeze or they practically teleport, also there is very little room for error. A slight bit too much force might send the subject a few hundred years extra; which is a long time for humans.
I apologize for the length of this; but I love analogies

Flag Post

anything is possible as a god.

[This is most definitely not true. BC said that in the opening posts of the signup thread.]

[I’ve discussed the limitations of a deity’s power with BC. A PC-level deity is powerful enough to cause large-scale disasters, like hurricanes or earthquakes, but is not powerful enough to affect the whole planet, as the biosphere is only a very, very, very small part of Earth. Certain laws of physics still must be followed, such as the conservation of energy. A deity cannot do anything that violates logic. Time travel is apparently stupidly difficult even for deities stronger than PC-level, though limited precognition is okay. And obviously a deity can’t do things that BC forbids in the signup thread, like brainwashing mortals or other deities. There can be exceptions to these things, but they must obtain BC’s explicit permission.]

[Regarding time and technology… I get the feeling that it’s mostly medieval times but with advanced magic. There may be places that are much more technologically advanced than others, but they shouldn’t be too common. Ergos Materia is the goddess of technology, yes, but that alone doesn’t justify her ridiculously advanced technology that is way ahead of her time; I have another reason for this that I won’t reveal yet.]

Flag Post

[That last point just translates to me as, “I’m breaking cultural fairness for a reason which nobody will ever know.” My apologies, but there’s more sarcasm flowing through my body than blood right now. Also, I’m quitting this RP. I would continue with Levi, but I get the feeling that Ergos Materia will make his existence pointless given that she receives power from a greater “master,” she’s more powerful than all the other gods anyway, and Levi is half as strong as the normal PC deities on a good day. Case and point, I tried to underpower my character to justify the appearance of more powerful allies for him, but even that was controversial, despite the situations which I think are even more controversial currently in progress. I’m just tired of the perceived inequality, so I’m done. FYI, there are others who agree with my ranting.]

Flag Post

I’m breaking cultural fairness for a reason which nobody will ever know.

[Because BC let me be the main antagonist, in case it wasn’t obvious. If you can’t live with that, well…]

Flag Post

[Just a reminder B_S. It seems like you have all of this stuff to “be revealed later”. Just keep in mind that this is an RP not per-written story. I know how you complained about how the other players reacted themselves to a god that you wanted to take care of yourself. Just keep in mind that in the future the circumstances may not give you the option to reveal this stuff. There are other players who’s characters personalities tie into what happen. Just factor these things unless you want another “Sapherion” to happen]

Flag Post

[Let me make something clear here. You seem to be upset due to a lack of “equality”, Kipdon, and that is understandable. However, if we’re all equal, the game will go nowhere. There can be no meaningful conflict if any conflict can be solved by all of the player characters ganging up on the offender, especially since everyone is literally a god. There can be no meaningful conflict if the antagonist doesn’t have enough power to be an actual threat to the players. Sure, the GM himself can take the spot of the powerful antagonist, but BC explicitly said that he himself will not be doing too much hosting in this game. And he has given the position of main antagonist to me when I asked. My antagonist is still far from strong enough to take on the world head-on (e.g. there are at least four deities in the world stronger than him), which is why he mainly relies on secrecy at least for now. He is a threat, but not such an overwhelming one that it’s impossible for the players to win. But if the villain is the same as the protagonists, then it’ll be nigh impossible for the protagonists to lose, barring extreme stupidity on their part. Would you still want equality in that case?]

[I revealed mostly everything I’ve kept secret so far, in the signup thread, by the way.]

Flag Post

[Just Play The Darn Game!]
Luto

“Wanna play Blackjack?” I whisper to Azorel.

Flag Post

Hangman
(continues with his Check List) The Shadows are undergoing an internal protest about their core ethics Check Wait, whatÉ!É (stupid question mark button wont work) (looks on the monitor, watching the arguing between The Shadows top two members) Oh Shit….
(walks out of his room and looks around for other deities) I Guess I will settle that later, I should introduce myself to other deites

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
Talk of spies-like it mattered, if there was really one the rest of us would just beat him down and whoever he worked for- and dragons sweeps the room. Luto turns to look at me, while Frostix and Azorel, the little bastards, glare at me. Asmel asks me some nonsense about dragons are blue fire. I turn my mind back to what I know about dragons; it was true that about a year ago I harnessed from a mortally wounded dragon.
“I got some from a dying dragons a year back,” I say. “If your followers are trying to kill dragons, tell ’em to bring hooks. Those can slip under dragon scales. This new blue fire rumor going around is a load of shit. Blue fire is just regular fire, but with a different color.”

Malokiden greets me, and I nod approvingly towards him. His work has allowed me many an easy leech before. Richter is a different story. I’m not sure what his true intentions are(perhaps very little; he seems to be constantly impartial and unforgiving, seeking only to punish “sin”, by his definition). However, I suspect he treats me coolly because, well, his holy justice thing doesn’t like my killing.

“I smell blood on you, newcomer. Arkfurionsk, I believe. I don’t know why you have blood on your hands now, but see to it that it doesn’t become a god’s in the future…”

A short carved knife appears in my hand. Frankly, I’m itching for a fight, I’m more than a little irritated at having been dragged away mid-harness, and sucking in all that pain has made me bloodthirsty.

“In the future, Richter? I wash my hand in god’s blood. You know a goddess named Zephidon? Spirit of the Loom. She was a weakling, but was amassing a big follower base and decided to set up shop in my patch.”

“Do you know what I did to Zephidon, Richter? I trapped her in a web of her own power and stabbed her to death with a magic knife.” I glance meaningfully at the one in my hand. “Her followers all converted to my sect; it was a massive permanent power increase.”

I spit in his face and shove him away from me. “You’re ten times stronger than Zephidon, but mind you don’t falter, or I’ll be on you like a pack of wolves.” He was of equal strength, maybe stronger, but I didn’t mind. I had tasted more battle than him.

Flag Post

Ferren

“Arkfurionsk, I would say not necessarily. Belief does not imply existence and vice versa.” I have the feeling I would have glanced at him with skepticism, if I were present. I scry his thread of war, tweaking it until I find a battle between them. “I would not be so quick to believe you can fight this one, I see this battle in the web, and it will be his victory.” I smile an invisible smile before returning to the web, hoping for any major wars I can scout out and prepare for, but unfortunately it was a clean schedule. Maybe I can get some other work done.

“Anyway, a conflict of this sort will not help you or your petty pride, Arkfurionsk. Better go assault more weaker beings.” Perhaps I would not have been so rude if I were actually present, but I doubt he could overcome me in my own field of expertise, perhaps he could overcome me in other ways, but if it was a fight, I’m sure I would win. I guess the reason I got so annoyed was the way he spoke of his victories, all trickery and no actual feats of combat, picking on the weak and peaceful such as her.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
I lash out with a claw at the deity who had spoken, but it was some goddess whom I couldn’t place a name to-Ferren?

“That is precisely what I intend to do, Ferren. Prey on weaker beings until I’m strong enough to prey on stronger ones.” A grim smile touches my lips. “Besides, I think you’re lying. Your web makes mistakes, doesn’t it?”

[Hey, ocelot, BC clearly stated that all PC deities would fight each other to a standstill, that is, a complete tie. I don’t mind egos getting out of control and out come the “you noob! I could whip you with one hand!” but when it comes to making actual prophecies that one PC deity would triumph over another… it basically means that either your prophecy is wrong or you’re lying, since we know there will definitely be no winner.]

Flag Post

Azorel
“Not now Luto.” Azorel says. Azorel gets up furious at what Arkfurionsk Inferfurie had to say, and punches him straight in the face. “That’s for Zephidon, and this is for her followers.” Azorel starts punching furiously. After about ten seconds he stops abruptly. “Sorry, I lost control of myself.” Holding back his anger Azorel gets up and starts walking away, not wanting to make a scene. Especially in the meeting hall of deities, a sacred place.

Flag Post

Frostix
I see Azorel punch up Arkfurionsk and then see him leave, I follow to talk to him and to get away from Arkfurionsk. When I get near him I say “Hi”

Flag Post

Momjir Vrig
Every one hundred thousand seconds, there comes the time of maintenance.
The beast with 6038 heads has survived the day. Time for it to become a beast with 6039 heads. Steadily, we progress with the answering of this question.
The other experiments are progressing at a similar rate. Going up is much easier than going down. Most living creatures live without much more than the necessities, seeing what we can subtract yields the answer ‘not much.’
Then we consider what could we do for the rest of the cycle. Hibernation is an option. The Great City is an option, but we do not wish to take it. It is frustrating.
Visiting the hubworld is an option. My form appears there, in the sky, great and dripping, surveying the other gods.
How mortal-looking they seem. Petty squabbles, uninspired forms. It is as if they wished to blend in with mortals rather than commanding awe as they should. Alas, I am not one to improve them. My power is not over them. Their power is not over mine, not lesser than it either – yet the choose to exercise it in such an insignificant manner.
Mortals rely on me. I can not disappoint them. They seem to be.
The gods here could prove to be amusing to watch. Studying their patterns would not hurt. They also have more of a chance to interact than those mortals who mutter words directed to me into thin air. As if I could hear them… there is many of them. One, as an individual, has no chance of contacting me, having all the competition in all worlds.
Other gods may address me as an equal. And while squabbles are one thing I am tired of, it might be because of the poor community. This one better prove itself better.

Flag Post

Asmel

“None of this pointing of fingers is getting us anywhere. The fact still remains that there is a wizard amoung my followers… Magic can burn a dragon, but not a torch. This is all I know, along with that none of my followers should know magic. I am asking if anyone in this room knows about tracing or identifying magic.”

I focus my attention to Arkfurionsk, “I do not need them to kill the dragons, this is their war that they brought on themselves, and they would not use hooks as for some reason they perfer to use their fists.”

I lastly turn to Kitty, “I would not mind, just try to get as much information from them as you can.”

Flag Post

Richter
I leer at Arkfurionsk, indignation obvious despite the lack of expression. “I guess mere taunts aren’t good enough for you. You gotta go so far as to assault an officer.” I extend my sword as my scale merges into itself, forming a shield. Pointing my sword at Arkfurionsk, I end with, “Court is in session!”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel turns around. “Is something wrong Frostix?”