[Game] Deify page 17

468 posts

Flag Post

Asmel

“Lotharien, long time no see,” I state to the new arrival when I appear in with a puff of smoke, speaking loudly I declare, “My Asmelians are not my greatest threat right now, two of my profitable nations are going to war! The Cynthretica and the Anetechs are at war!” I lastly turn to Lotharien again, "Anyhow, how have you been? "

Flag Post

Lotharien
“Fine, thank you. So two nations are going to war? Humans.” I make a displeased noise. “Well, I suppose all one can do is get one’s populace out. And try to stop them killing each other. Farewell, I must save my people!” Then I fly off at, oh, mach four? disturbing an unfortunate flock of albatross.

Flag Post

Asmel

“It over food if anyone wants to know. I do not know any more, but I am also going down. I will try to stand beside the Cynthretica captain, but not directly take a part in the war.” I declare before disappearing into smoke.

Flag Post

Misc.
News of the war spreads far and wide. Even most deities learn of it.

Azorel
Azorel starts walking towards the two kingdoms. He ponders which side to join but ultimately comes to a conclusion. Azorel heads towards Anetechs.

Flag Post

Lotharien
Sighing, I head after Azorel. I use the force of gravity to drag us closer together and try to reason with him. “A war will be devastating! Think of the repercussions, the poverty, the turmoil… and these are two very powerful nations! Please, help me end this conflict before it escalates to a war that will ravage the land! How was that for oration, eh?” I say, grimacing at the end.

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel turns to Lotharien. “Anetechs needs food. If I can not end this war peacefully I shall help them get food.” He then continues to walk forward.

Flag Post

Frostix
After hearing about the war I decide to stay in the meeting hall as choosing a side wouldn’t affect me in any way but I do go down to remove all of my followers from either side “Got to go for a minute, be back soon”

Flag Post

Malokiden
I leave while disguised as Richter from the meeting. Only his murderer knows he’s dead and w can’t waste such a good disguise. So I promptly make my leave before suspicion arises. Then when far enough away I go invisible and head to my own pocket dimension. A null, pitch black void that seems to go on forever. So i can hide away and plot what to do now that i have this disguise and with this new war arising.
[he will be here until i can get my desktop up and running]

Flag Post

Leviathan
The world trembles and the ground splits open where the bandit hideout was, destroying it utterly. “Finally.” I say in a raspy voice. “Thank you, Mother, for your blessings. We shall not disappoint.” That instant, I burst through the fissure, followed by my brothers and sisters. Dozens of war cries arise from the swarm of giant beasts. “Let’s go! Remember, Mother wants her world back!”
“Onward!”
“Charge!”
“For Gaia!”
A virtual train of beast-like creatures, insectoid, canine, feline, ursine, and others spring forward, beginning the siege to reclaim all the Earth.

Flag Post

Tempus Loci

The gray-clad man trembles in anticipation as the portal before him opens wider and wider. The whirling chaos within is maddening, nigh-incomprehensible even to most deities, but it fills the Lord of Time and Space with excitement he hasn’t felt in nearly fifty millennia. Finally, finally, the Truth is almost within his grasp… “It… is beautiful, isn’t it…”

“Y-Yes, Master…” Ergos Materia whispers breathlessly. “So vast… Next to it, even we gods are as quarks to a galaxy…” She shivers, and clings herself closer to her master, feeling unfathomably small despite her power.

“Do not fear the Truth, my dear…” Tempus Loci says, wrapping his essence protectively around that of his devoted confidant. “It is within us all… And soon, we will become one with it.”

“Will we… leave everything behind, Master?” Ergos Materia asks, her voice small.

“This timeline holds no more meaning to us,” Tempus Loci sighs. “Look at the other deities and their petty squabbles. They are of no interest or significance to me. Or do you have any reasons for wanting to stay?”

Ergos Materia considers it for a moment. “No, Master,” she admits.

“Good to hear.” Turning around, Tempus Loci spreads his arms wide, the mask on his face cracking and shattering to pieces. “It is time!” He exclaims. “Your help has been invaluable to me for the past five thousand years, my faithful servants, every single one of you! Very soon, my promises to you shall be fulfilled! Come! Let us travel to the beginning of space and time, the origin of existence itself! When we arrive, a new timeline will be born, a new reality in which we reign supreme!”

With that, the portal begins to expand, and pull everything into its eldritch depths. The briefest instant later, the massive pocket universe is gone, faded back into the void from which it was born.

And the rest of the world continues turning, perfectly oblivious, perfectly ignorant.

[Yes, I just removed all of my characters from this game in a way that should not affect the rest of the game or anyone in it in any way. I quit.]

Flag Post

[No! Blood_Shadow D=]

Flag Post

@Blood_Shadow: What is your reason for quitting exactly?"

Flag Post

Luto

“War huh.” I say to myself after I hear the news. “I could make a substantial profit if I choose the right side to support.” I contemplate my choices for a moment and then walk off toward Anetechs.

Flag Post

Lotharien
“This is bad. Everybody is taking sides… the fools! I don’t want to do this, but…” I head off to Cynthretica, but not with fighting in mind.
Also, I think gravity would do the job of Richter in his… absence.

Flag Post

Ferren

I feel a sudden disturbance, apparently another battle has dawned, to the east. I gallop at breakneck speed and jump through the air, arriving at the scene of the fighting. Something feels not quite right about this place, a dark corruption has fallen upon this stretch of land, a creeping cold. The humans are fighting one another, savage frenzy consuming them. This is no honorable fight of any variety, or a battle, or a war. This can only be described as a bloodbath.

I descend upon the fight, shattering weaponry, crude knives and rusted swords left right and center, pulling the humans from one another. This will only end in mutual slaughter, there is no reason in this conflict.

And there it is again. Distant at first, but creeping, stalking the shadows, under cover, in the recesses of your sight, of your mind, but becoming ever more apparent. The corruption has it’s grips on this area. I attempt to fight it, when it comes to providence, with my power but it is not enough to combat the build-up. Icicles begin forming, the grass turns to stone, and is suddenly crushed underfoot by a grey man with burning blue pupils.

TURN BACK, WAR

The grey figure lurches closer, his footfall shattering the grass again. Dust swirls and coagulates, forming a greatsword in his grip. I heft my own blade, briefly feel it’s weight, and strike out with my sword, trailing fire and exploding on contact with the grey man’s colossal thigh, the stone cracks maybe a centimeter across, no more than a millimeter deep.

PATHETIC BEING

The grey man’s sword suddenly moves at lightning speed, I parry the blow, but the inertia is so much that my own sword pushes into my own flesh, crushing my breastplate from the side. This thing is no mortal, I put a massive amount of force behind that blow, he must have either a large amount of magic, or he is actually a deity of some sort himself.

“What even are you? You are no golem. Why did you call me war?”

The figure seems to be delayed slightly, but I know there’s no point trying to get in an attack of opportunity.

I AM WAR, YOU ARE WAR. YOU ARE THE HONOUR OF WAR, I AM THE SHADOW OF WAR.

I use the moment to attempt to morph back into stallion and escape but before I manage to escape the scene I am caught at the feet, shackled to the ground with chains of rock. I struggle to escape them but they drain my power.

I WILL DESTROY HONOUR.

“I’m not going to let that happen.”

Flag Post

Lotharien
I spot Luto heading towards Anetechs. “Ah, Luto. Finished your gold-bath already?” I say cheerfully. My spirits have perked up somewhat. “Oof, sounds like another fight going on somewhere. Disturbingly near one of my cities… farewell, you greedy bastard!” I shoot off into the air, propelled by the force of gravity itself.

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Well, another war, another needlessly high number of books going to hell” I think. After that I write in my notepad a little consign that will be in the main shrine’s entrance. I rip the paper out and leave it in the desk. “I better hurry. If everything goes to hell, both nations will be destroyed”. Then I enter my portal, travelling to Cynthretica

Flag Post

Luto

“Yes farewell…classy nuisance” I whisper after Lotharien leaves. I then continue on my way to Anetechs.

Flag Post

Lotharien
Arriving at my worshipers’ capital, I create a strong gravitational current to lift up the city and most of the local fresh water. This war won’t touch my city. I then shoot off to Anetechs, only stopping to say “I heard that!” at Luto. Then I ask "Have you become an altruist or don’t you know that the Anetechs are dirt poor?

Flag Post

Frostix
I create a portal to one of my favorite places and see that Ferren is fighting an unknown stranger, seemingly made of shadow. Possibly against my better judgement, I decide to help her so I walk through the portal whilst creating a sword made of ice. “Freeze, in the name of the law” I shout at the thing and start to attack it.

Flag Post

Luto

“To answer your question Lotharien, No I have not become an altruist and I never will. As for what i’m doing heading to Anetechs, its a little something called a gamble. Anetechs proves to be a more profitable payout if they win and with my luck they might just win”.

Flag Post

Lotharien
Having caught up with Azorel, I try to talk to him. “Your people have much food? If we put together our surplus, we could form a trade agreement with Anetechs, averting the course of the war. Remember, every time a soldier dies that bastard Arkfurionsk gets stronger. As if he weren’t strong enough already.”

Flag Post

[I guess I can parse that.]

Ferren

The shadow is suddenly cracked in the leg from behind, the stoney crack on his leg crawls inches further, ice crawling across his leg, freezing it. Magical resistances can prevent damage, but only that which it sees as offensive, meaning if he makes a full coat of ice across that leg with his frost sword, we can use it as a chisel and the ice will dig into his leg before his magical protections kick in. The defenses seem to be a counter-weight spell, meaning forces incoming are met with an exact and opposite force that cancels all possible damage. When that crack opens up a bit more the surface of the magic will be broken.

I am currently, however, more worried for my own safety. I had been struggling but it did not work. I can morph and risk ending up inside the shackles still, but at least I would have my hands. Now the shadow of war’s attention has been drawn away by… Frostix? I haven’t seen this one in the flesh before, but it sounds like what he’s like from all the damn ice. I quickly morph into human form, twisting my body with my sword outstretched, smashing it into the same place the crack was, this time it sunk deep, a chunk of stone flying from the open gash. Then i noticed where the shadow’s sword was, overshadowing me. I tried to dodge but the shackles kept me in place, all I managed to do was pull out my shield and hold it above me.

He eclipsed my shield with his body, lunging forwards, and came down in a fierce assault, smashing his sword against my shield, leaving me in a crater. The hurt was not at all nice, but I can take more than a few of these attacks before I go down, hopefully Frostix can take that leg out and we will have basically attained victory if he has no other magic tricks in his sleeves.

Flag Post

Frostix
Suddenly Ferren attacks the being in the same place and I notice a crack there. I decide to attack it again but with more force and then I root him to the ground with the ice that formed around his leg with my first attack, taking no time to say anything to Ferren.

Flag Post

Ferren

The shadowy colossus in front of me had lunged with his right leg at the exact moment that Frostix had taken another swing at his other leg, the crack the ice sword made was now joined on the other side of the knee, taking out another chunk as if felling a stubborn tree. Ice danced from the blade, encasing the shadow’s legs from the calf downwards with thick layer. It seems stunned, when it forces downwards to lift it’s greatsword from my shield, it’s leg gives way, snapping and dropping the golem sideways, dark mists pour from it’s limbs and face, forming an orb.

WEAK BODY, MUST FIND A STRONGER HOST

The orb the descended, exploding again into smoke, and drifting into the air. That strange being gone from this place now for good. I throw my weapons down and raise myself to my hands and knees from the dirt. “What brings you here, this war is brutal, it must be survival that drives them at each other’s throats so fiercely. What business have you?” I try to sound merely curious, but cannot help but come across as inquisitive.