[Game] Deify page 18

468 posts

Flag Post

Frostix
“I am here because there was no-were else to go, I have no interest in this war and will keep away from it. However I had not realized that it had spread this far.Go, I’m sure that you want to get involved even if I don’t.

Flag Post

Ferren

I work on creating a barrier that splits the battlefields of the Anetechs and the Cynthreticans in half, seperating the forces from each other. The shield begins repulsing people from the battle lines, preventing the conflicts from proceeding briefly. This should bide enough time for the other three to do something about this before these people tear each other apart, but for now this is all I can do. The shields wont hold, and when they start to realise this they will begin trying to advance again, and conflicts will eventually pick up momentum once again. I just hope they don’t break through before it’s too late.

I send a flying message to Lotharian, Azorel and Asmel, maifesting itself as a flaming hawk. “I have stalled this war, and the corrupted spirit that was feeding on this conflict has been deterred.” (Best not to tell them it was something more than a spirit), “The rest is up to you, fix this while you can.”

Flag Post

Xinuriel

Damn, those Cynthericans don’t want to negociate anything. Idiots, seem that they only want war. I move away from the nation, and reach the battlefield, where something strange is happening. There’s a magical shield between both armies, but is being destroyed quickly. Well, whoever did this might need help. Time to put my grain of sand. I call a shooting star from the skyes and make pass at slow speeds above both nations soldiers, heading east. Then I start shifting its colors quickly and change its direction to the north. I write a message in the notepad: “Could use some help here. Someone cares to come? PS: I forgot my glass in the meeting hall, could you bring it to me?”. After that I rip the paper,make it a ball and throw it towards the horizon, hoping that it will reach someone.

Flag Post

Lotharien
‘Think about it, Azorel. It seems there may well be more going on then previously thought; however, I shall go and interrogate Ferren for more details of this “spirit”,’ I implode. I then reappear, landing neatly in front of Ferren. ‘So, what’s this really about?’

Flag Post

Ferren

“It’s as it seems I assure you. There was a dark spirit here feeding on the battle, the ferocity of it and the bloodshed. The spirit has been removed for now, but it was talking of finding a new host.” I don’t think he will notice that I am slightly weakened by the fight, but maybe he will notice that be the strength of the shield. If I am weakened by the fight it could not have been a mere spirit, and he’ll know. I suspect that he already has suspicions of something more complicated happening, so do I, but all I know is that neither of us know what is “really” happening here.

I try to strengthen the shield a bit more, a wave of force pushes the armies back again. “I heard you and the others were coming to fix this from someone, but I was here for the battle. I don’t know much about the causes but I knew you and the others wouldn’t have come if you didn’t have a solution in mind.”

Flag Post

(Sorry for not coming on earlier, I wasn’t able too. Sorry for the inconvenience)

Azorel
Azorel continues to think about Lotharien’s offer but continues toward Anetechs.

Flag Post

Xinuriel

After scanning the surroundings, I percibe Ferren and Lotharien’s presence. I go to where they are. “Hello, missed something, apart from this battle?”

Flag Post

Luto

I see Azorel on my way to Anetechs. “Hello Azorel. Are you headed to Anetechs too?” I ask.

Flag Post

Xenophonite

After sleeping for days and days, I wake up. I feel my power regenerated. I look towards my television and see a barrier separating two armies of men. I quickly stand up and open a portal to a cloud directly above the barrier. I walk through the portal and find myself floating an inch above a cloud. I look at both armies, examining and analyzing the armies.

Azorel, what is going on here? I send a mind-message to Azorel.

Flag Post

Lotharien
I set up a gravitational current to force the two armies away from each other. Azorel, why not solve this peacefully? I ask him. Then I ask Ferren: "What sort of spirit could injure you, a god? Why do I suspect it’s something more? Meanwhile, I send a representation of myself to make my worshipers do more SCIENCE!

Flag Post

Ferren

“That’s very much what I would like to know as well.”

“Nothing has transpired here above what I have spoken, for all I know. What happened here was a rogue spirit. It needed a host and that tells us it cannot have been anything with godlike powers. Maybe an incredibly old spirit can match a deity’s power? All I know of the thing was that it was no pushover, but apart from that all I have told you should suffice.”

I strengthen the forcefield, but it is weakening fast. “All the little efforts of two civilization’s armies are building up, my barrier will not last.”

Flag Post

Momjir Vrig
The gods we observed moved to the hub mortal realm. Where they came from. A simple war between two little communities claimed their attention for a reason we are yet to discern. We moved after them.
We could just kill every mortal on both sides. That would end the war. It would deprive us of this observation, though, so we shall not.

Flag Post

Hangman
Let’s just see how serious the inner conflict is… (sits down and turns on the TV, seeing two Shadows arguing with each other, a crowd formed behind each of them)
Shadow 1: How can you deny our gospel?!? It says that we are the TRUE belief! That we who believe in Hangman shall rise above all others!
Shadow 2: What? I AM NOT THE ONE DENYING GOSPEL! You seem to forget that we shall treat ALL enemies with peace and love!
Shadow 1: WE CANNOT SIT BY WHILE THE LOGIC ANGELS AND THE DEMONS CONTINUE THEIR WAR! They will destroy us all! We must not allow these people to exist! In fact, we must cleanse the face of the earth of ALL othe religions! Praise Lord Hangman!
(a roar of cheers come from the crowd and they all side with him)
Shadow 2: B-but we can’t…
(nothing is heard but screams as the crowd lynches the speaker)

Hangman: Holy fucking shit…..

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel sees Luto and turns towards him to answer his question.“Yes I am heading towards Anetechs. If they need food I shall help them get it from the greedy Cynthretica.” Azorel the recieves a message from Xenophonite. “The armies are preparing themselves for war Xenophonite. Are you choosing a side?” Azorel walking with Luto find their way to Anetechs shortly thereafter.

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“I can stop all the conflict at once, but it would decimate both armies to ashes and drain almost all my energy. If I do it, I would need protection and help to get to my library, where I’m safe. And there’s still the risk that the rouge spirit you’re talking about make me his/her/its host. So, Ferren, what do we do?

Flag Post

I send another representation of myself to Azorel: “So, you’d happily kill off the Cynthretica but you wouldn’t give the Anetechs food? At least Luto willingly confesses to being a greedy scrooge.” Then I set off after Ferren. “So, an adventure, is it? I’m coming with!”

Flag Post

Ferren

“No Xin, the spirit is not red, it’s simply evil. I’m not sure what we should do about it, but what I plan on doing is discerning it’s origin and hopefully how to destroy it. I don’t know what it’s here for but I have bad feelings about it’s intentions.”

Flag Post

Azorel
“Even if I conjure more food for they will still be hungry. Besides I sense that there are lots of evil people in Cynthretica.”

Flag Post

Lotharien
My representation lifts an eyebrow. “Or is it that the only peace you know is that which comes from killing everyone else?” I transfer the Anetechs into a different, fertile dimension. “Ha, problem solved.”

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“You take care of the spirit, I take care of the conflict. Ok?” Said that, I tell Lotharien “Buddy, they will not survive in that dimension no matter how much food they’ll have. Humans cannot travel between dimensions, they would just dissintegrate before dying”

Flag Post

Momjir Vrig
We approach the two.
“I overheard your statement. It concerns a done deed. It appears humans on one side of the conflict are dead now.‘’
That was our solution. How like-minded.
“That said, what proof do you have?’’

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Momjir Vrig
The gods we observed moved to the hub mortal realm. Where they came from. A simple war between two little communities claimed their attention for a reason we are yet to discern. We moved after them.
We could just kill every mortal on both sides. That would end the war. It would deprive us of this observation, though, so we shall not.

[Actually no, the combined power of the mortals is at least thirty-six times that of yours.]

Originally posted by ocelot:

Ferren

“That’s very much what I would like to know as well.”

“Nothing has transpired here above what I have spoken, for all I know. What happened here was a rogue spirit. It needed a host and that tells us it cannot have been anything with godlike powers. Maybe an incredibly old spirit can match a deity’s power? All I know of the thing was that it was no pushover, but apart from that all I have told you should suffice.”

I strengthen the forcefield, but it is weakening fast. “All the little efforts of two civilization’s armies are building up, my barrier will not last.”

[Spirits are generally 0.01 times a PC Deity’s power.]

[I have asked BC about this sort of thing in case anyone’s wondering.]

[I’d also like to point out that basically all the PC Deities in existence at present can’t match the human armies in terms of raw power, because the average human power level ranges from 0.02 to 0.05 times a PC Deity’s power, with the upper limit for humans being 0.15. And humans are the strongest species in existence, magically, may I mention.]

Flag Post

[Pretty much what Knoob said, yes. In addition to that, regarding Behemoth specifically, who the [EFF] told you that matter disintegrates when moving between dimensions? Because if humans disintegrate when moving between dimensions, then so would all physical matter. Which is a massive implication, far beyond the scope of what is or isn’t allowed to go ahead without my prior acceptance of such a thing… the problem here, I think, is that you’ve made a game-breaking decision that has had, and/or will have, far more impact on the game and the world it’s set in than you realize. Again, if you aren’t sure about something that could potentially change the entire setting, PM me with what you want to do; don’t just go ahead and do it.
No, but seriously, matter can move through dimensions fine. No physical laws stopping Loth from putting the Anetechs in a different dimension if he wants to, although other deities may or may not oppose his choice for whatever reasons, yaddah yaddah yaddah.]

Flag Post

because the average human power level ranges from 0.02 to 0.05 times a PC Deity’s power,

[Ye! A motley band of 20-50 humans can match a god in power? What is this! We’re GODS!]

Flag Post

Ye! A motley band of 20-50 humans can match a god in power? What is this! We’re GODS!

[I agree with this. A PC-level deity can cause large-scale disasters like tornadoes. Can 20-50 humans make a tornado? Well, maybe if all of them are among the absolute strongest of human magical users, at the very high end of the bell curve, then maybe, but normal humans? That doesn’t add up.]