[Game] Deify page 19

468 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Ye! A motley band of 20-50 humans can match a god in power? What is this! We’re GODS!

[I agree with this. A PC-level deity can cause large-scale disasters like tornadoes. Can 20-50 humans make a tornado? Well, maybe if all of them are among the absolute strongest of human magical users, at the very high end of the bell curve, then maybe, but normal humans? That doesn’t add up.]

[Would it be prudent to mention that (plural-lich) have 0.006, and Vampires have have 0.0035 of the power of a Deity? You know, the more magically able kinds of monsters?]

[Also, originally, it was just 20, I had to actually provide that example to get BC to change it to 20-50.]

Flag Post

[brb, transferring position to Orcus and sending genetically modified followers to do all evil plans]

Flag Post

[…I suppose you guys make a good point. I suppose not reducing the power of mortals relative to PC deities is out of the question; ergo, the question remains as to how powerful humans should be relative to the PC deities (and, by transitive property, how powerful other species are relative to humans). Would some average between .002x and .0002x be sufficient, do you guys think?]

Flag Post

[I’d say there’s no use doing things straight by power. In terms of displayed phenomenon (how many humans does it take to match a tornado made by a god), there can be some comparison, but in terms of actual conflict, a god wins everything that isn’t a battle of wits.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

[I’d say there’s no use doing things straight by power. In terms of displayed phenomenon (how many humans does it take to match a tornado made by a god), there can be some comparison, but in terms of actual conflict, a god wins everything that isn’t a battle of wits.]

[Hey, Yasaka Kanako is only the third most powerful character in Touhou Project, and Moriya Suwako comes down even further. This isn’t Touhou Project, though.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

[…yeah, alright, that makes sense.]

Flag Post

Luto

“Hey! I was trying to make an investment in those guys Lotharien!” I yell when the Anetechs are transported.

Flag Post

[Human do have force in numbers. If anything, they are most like the Zergs from Starcraft when dealing with dieties. Why do you think thousands of humans would charge at a fort in the middle ages? Fortresses were extremely powerful in their day and age.]

Flag Post

[Yes, but a god is not a fortress. A proper god is ascended above all mundane, entirely unaffected by whatever a mortal could try while capable of just tearing a mortal’s soul off or doing whatever else to destroy opposition instantly. No matter how many try, they can all die in a single stroke achieving nothing.]

[A thousand mortals setting up a proper ritual location could possibly wield great power, enough to obliterate a large area, maybe even a small kingdom. To a god, such power comes naturally, and certainly isn’t a threat.]

[This is why my character is so disdainful of your actions. Killing mortals in flesh, using mundane ways? That’s dallying. If you wanted to, you could get all this over with in an instant.]

[Or a sorcery.]

Flag Post

Yes, but a god is not a fortress. A proper god is ascended above all mundane, entirely unaffected by whatever a mortal could try while capable of just tearing a mortal’s soul off or doing whatever else to destroy opposition instantly. No matter how many try, they can all die in a single stroke achieving nothing.

[That’s what you think what a god should be. It may or may not be the same as what BC says what a god is in this game.]

[A PC-level god commands enough energy to make a tornado out of scratch. If a bunch of humans can gather and control that much energy, then they have, at least at the moment, power usually reserved for gods. And they might just be able to pull it off, if they can magically generate enough antimatter.]

Flag Post

Lotharien
“Well, I’m glad to see that’s done with,” I say. I go off to find the spirit-thing. “I should do that with the other war. Ferren, are you coming to kill the spirit with me?”

Flag Post
[Spirits are generally 0.01 times a PC Deity’s power.]

I think the implication is that this isn’t just a spirit, or any normal spirit, at any rate.

I think that a diety can command respectable amounts of power, BUT, it would be boring if nothing could match us, especially since there are about 10~ of us regularly posting we shouldn’t be able to combine and just raw power everything.

Ferren

“That depends, we have to locate it first. I believe this thing may be wielding some sort of power beyond that of a usual spirit, from the way he had spoken about himself he was more like a lesser deity, of sorts. We should be able to deal with him easily, but he seemed to feed on the corruption of the bloodshed around him, maybe we can use this to try and locate him by finding some sort of horrible events nearby, maybe brutal murders or crimes, maybe something else such as practitioners of dark arts.”

I consider this for a moment. “It is said that the Cynthreticans are supposed to be fairly evil by nature, I’ve heard this said many a time by mortal and deity that they are untrustworthy, and plotting. Maybe we can start our search there? I think it goes without saying that this thing cannot be left to his devices.”

Flag Post

I think that a diety can command respectable amounts of power, BUT, it would be boring if nothing could match us,

[Oddly enough, this is what I said.]

[However, since I’m not bent on twisting the game to my whims, I just decided to continue with my isolationist plot and change all major antagonists to NPC Deities.]

especially since there are about 10~ of us regularly posting we shouldn’t be able to combine and just raw power everything.

[Keep in mind that hordes of lesser creatures are stronger than anything else by Deifylogic. No one person can change anything at all in the Deify world, unless you have CHARISMA. Unless of course those power level changes were implemented, in which case only Deities can do anything alone, and other Deities will gangrape them.]

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Cynthretica is a big city and, like most big cities, it’s got many corrupted people. Try starting to search betwen the upper charges. Corrupt persons tend to have the most powerful jobs. But I furst must carry some things to my place, just in case everthing goes to hell”

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:
[Spirits are generally 0.01 times a PC Deity’s power.]

I think the implication is that this isn’t just a spirit, or any normal spirit, at any rate.

I think that a diety can command respectable amounts of power, BUT, it would be boring if nothing could match us, especially since there are about 10~ of us regularly posting we shouldn’t be able to combine and just raw power everything.

[1. If the most powerful human mages can only defeat the very weakest of deities, the most powerful spiritual creatures – who, keep in mind, are still “mortals” by Deify standards, even if any given types of spirit is technically immortal – are not going to do better than that.
2. This is also a good point.
3. Can we please move the argument to the sign-ups thread?]

Flag Post

Lotharien
“Ferren! What did this, ah, spirit, look like?” I have a bunch of flying representations of me on standby, ready to fly around searching.

Flag Post

Ferren

“It was more like a… feeling in the air, like there wasn’t just a single thing, but a whole area that it inhabited surrounded you. If you felt it you may be able to sense it nearby, it is an unmistakable aura. I believe if you took them through, your clones would be able to sense it nearby, but not by sight.”

Flag Post

Frostix
I look through the portal and find that the war is over without any blood being spilt. I walk through and find Ferren talking about the spirit that we fought. “Yes, when the thing that it was possessing or inhabiting or whatever died something came out that I couldn’t see but rather feel in the air”