[Game] Deify page 4

468 posts

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Asmel followers seem to think that he’s dead, and somehow they think that killing Nature Golems will revive him. He’s pissed by that. He’s asking some people to go down there and finish the Asmelians off, so they stop”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel wakes up from his nap, not because of all the commotion, but because its hard to sleep at a desk. He rubs his eyes a bit and sees Xinuriel talking to Ergos Materia. “You were kinda late to the party Ergos.”

Flag Post

Asmel

I grumble sleepily. “It should also be known that I just spearheaded this cult, and I am not the true Asmel. They are just trying to revive him, but I am trying to steer them right.”

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Details…” I mumble, then serve me more water and drink some

Flag Post

Ferren

Whirling blades, clashing on shields. Metal on metal all around me. I conjure a recurve bow and one arrow of flames, I release the tension, dashing the orc captain’s head in with a torrent of heat, so bright and fierce that his allies are dazed. When coming to their senses the greenskins start to retreat faster than fleeing rabbits, several being mown down by horseman’s spears in a flanking charge. I hear around me the cheers of martial victory. the adrenaline, still pumping, fuels their cries into a glorious cacophony, which almost distracts me from an arrow heading vertically down towards me, upon catching it, a message unfurls from the shaft. A meeting, and the message is minutes later than the actual meeting starts.

“I wonder who’s afterthought I was this time.” I sigh, morph into steed form and begin riding towards the meeting.

Flag Post

Ergos Materia

“Yes, details,” Materia responds with a light frown. “Why are your followers under the impression that killing nature golems will revive a human? What is their theory behind it? Have they tested the hypothesis? And also… Wouldn’t it be trivially easy to revive your namesake yourself, Asmel?” She summons an elegant crystal chalice containing mixed juice from several genetically engineered fruits, and begins sipping slowly.

Flag Post

Asmel

“As you know, my followers are mostly crazy. Since the nature golems control nature, they naturally have a cure-all for every disease, and know about all types of herbs to combat them. Silly thing, death is not a disease. The Asmelians do not believe that, but who knows what they are truly thinking. As before, this is one of their crazy schemes. And yes, I can revive Asmel, but would they truly believe that he is Asmel. If they do, I am out of business with many people, if not, nothing changes.” I flip up my paper, and as it lands read the headline. “Death-toll:Asmelians – 134/Nature Golems – 2… I am going back to my nap.”

Flag Post

Azorel
“So does anyone have any clue about what this meeting is about? I mean I heard that two big kingdoms are preparing for a war, but the source wasn’t very reliable at all. Does anyone else have a guess as to what it’s about?”

Flag Post

Leviathan
I fly into the building while morphing back into a lizardman form. “I’m back! Ssssssssorry it took sssssssso long,” I say, “Nature golemssssss are harder to cut bargainssssss with.” I shift into my hooded form so I can speak normally again.

Flag Post

Kitaska

“Waitwaitwaitwait! I am coming!” As I run through the door I find Leviathan is shifty as usual, Azorel is in his human form, Asmel is asleep in his formalwear with a paper on his lap, Ergos Materia is drinking from a crystal chalice and Xinuriel is sipping on his glass.

“Where is Xenophonite, Ferren and Hangman? They were supposed to be here…” I perk up, my ear going up high. “What is this meeting about anyways? I got here as fast as I can.”

Flag Post

Azorel
“No one really knows yet Kitaska, I think its possibly about these two kingdoms that went to war but I kind of doubt it. Also Master is over there playing with blue lightning.” Azorel points to Xenophonite.

Flag Post

Asmel

I shoot up and turn to Kitaska, “Kitty, I do not know where any of those guys are, but if they do not hurry up…” I throw my paper in the air, grab my cane as it comes down and stand up while leaning on it. I turn to Azorel, “Also, Azorel, I thought Xenophonite had left to do something.”

Flag Post

Kitaska

“Come on Azorel, you do not have to call me Kitaska, Kitty is just fine. This is nothing too formal for such names.”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel turns to where Xenophonite once stood to see a laughing Leviathan. “Wow, really Levia? Though I have to admit that was pretty good.” Azorel turns to Kitaska. “Ok, Kitty it is.” Azorel says.

Flag Post

[Nawwww, I left to attend some important event.]

Xenophonite

I opened a portal to the meeting and stepped in. In a second, I was in the meeting room. As I saw other faces, I realized our other guests had come.
“Yes, hello, everyone!” I greeted everyone.
I quickly scanned the room.
“I suppose everyone is here?” I ask no one in particular.
I walk over to a seat and sit down, conjuring up a glass of wine.

Flag Post

Asmel

“We are still missing Ferren and Hangman,” I reply. I turn again to Kitty, “If it is not formal, then why am I where this fancy suit?” I conjure some cufflinks and add them to the suit, “They even come with these cufflinks, see?”

Flag Post

Azorel
“Welcome back master.” Azorel says cheerfully. He then turns back to Kitty again. “Asmel in a way is right, we rarely ever have these types of meetings. The last one was about 217 years ago. Or was it 219? Oh well it doesn’t matter, I forget.”

Flag Post

Kitaska

“Is this because I was late?” I frown, my ears droop and my tail sags, “You know I am not good with these things…”

Flag Post

Leviathan
Upon hearing Azorel, my robes turn to scales as I transform into a giant lizardman. I grab Azorel by the collar and lift him into the air as I yell at him, “DON’T CALL ME LEVIA, YOU IDIOT!” Noticing that Azorel is just grinning nonchalantly in response, I just sigh and set him down, not wanting to turn all the gods against me yet. “Whatever,” I say as I shift back into a robed biped, “It’s not like you care, Azzy.”

“Anyway,” I quickly turn to see Kitty and Materia, “Oh, the new arrivals. Say, metal goddess, do you work like human machines too or not?”

Flag Post

Azorel
“A lot of people were late so its ok Kitty. So how are your followers doing?” Azorel then turns to Leviathan. “And I do care, I was just joking around. Master told me to have a good time after all.”

(Sidenote: What was your nickname? XD)
Edited

Flag Post

Kitaska

“Pretty good, pretty hard to start up a dying religion again, but they are slowly starting to worship cats again. I should pay a visit soon and congratulate them.”

Flag Post

Azorel
“Well at least progress is being made Kitty. Important things take time.” Azorel then conjures up some basic bread, olive oil, and a bowl. He dips the bread in the oil and starts to eat it. “Sometimes the simplest things are the best.”

Flag Post

Asmel

“The best things are the simplest.” I state as I thow my cane in the air and a small pile of coins come down in my hand, and begin to juggle them. They slowly turn brown, and are going in a puff of smoke. “But the can easily be taken away.” I show him the bowl that happened to have gone missing during the show.

Flag Post

Azorel
Suddenly the olive oil spills all over Azorel’s desk. He quickly conjures paper, wads it up and starts cleaning. “Still it was tasty while it lasted.”

Flag Post

Asmel

“Sorry, thought it was time for an ever-lasting-life lesson.” I wipe my finger along the bowl, “Hmmm… no oil… Thats the best I ever done it.”