[Game] Deify page 7

468 posts

Flag Post

Asmel

I lean back on the chair, with it posed on two legs. “I am going to sleep again, and let this conflict settle.” I soon nap.

Flag Post

Geia
Well, I didn’t know what the meeting was about before. I do now, though – something else about Asmel’s followers, apparently. Those people are just… scary.
‘If I might make a suggestion? It’d be far easier for the situation to be dealt with if one of us went to Earth, then disguised themselves as Asmel for the next sixty years or so. Or, heck, just have Asmel himself come down, tell the Asmelians to stop killing things in order to try and resurrect him, then leave with the promise of some wealth if they do as he asks. They’d probably listen, given who he is.’ .

Flag Post

Draven
“That seems like a good idea but I think he tried to talk them out of it before and it didn’t work”

Flag Post

Ergos Materia

Materia frowns as she sees Geia enter, the dark blue of her eyes turning a few shades colder. The two of them cannot get within a kilometer of each other without reaching some sort of disagreement or other, it seems, given the whole nature versus science, harmony versus discipline thing.

As for the Asmelians… Materia sighs. Sometimes people’s lack of foresight, planning, and logic is disappointing and downright pitiful. Perhaps her Master can make it better. When they succeed, that is; she will just have to stand it for now.

“Ahem. I think by now it is safe to assume that whoever organized this meeting will not be making an appearance today,” Materia says, standing up from the floating recliner, her voice ringing loud and clear throughout the room. “It is also safe to assume that I am not the only one bored of waiting. Hence, let the meeting begin.”

A wave of her hands, and an exquisitely detailed hologram flashes into existence in the middle of the ring of deities. The projection depicts a tall, slender man, clad in elaborate blue and white robes, with brilliant sapphire eyes and hair. Three pairs of glittering angelic wings of the same color trail behind his back.

Even looking at the projected deity’s smug, contemptuous grin makes Materia’s lips curl in annoyance, but she ignores it and continues to speak. “As we all know, for centuries now this excuse of a deity called Sapphiros Empyreal has been attempting to stunt the progress of magic and science in whatever unfortunate mortal civilization that stands in his path, stripping away what little power the mortals already have so they will have no choice but to rely on his power and worship him with greater devotion. It baffles me why he hasn’t already been dealt with. Perhaps he simply was not worthy of our time, but this is true no longer. He has grown stronger over the centuries, and now evidently he is bold enough to attempt to subjugate another nation. Even as we speak, his Sapphire-Blessed clerics march to war.”

The hologram shifts, now showing an army clad in similar blue and white, azure fire burning within their eyes, suffused with the divine power of their seraphic lord that looms behind them.

“What says you, fellow deities?” Materia asks. “True, one deity alone is of no threat to our power structure as a whole. But he should not be allowed to simply do as he pleases. Do you think Sapphiros Empyreal should be dealt with, fellow deities? If so, how?”

Flag Post

Azorel
“I think the people of earth have a right to do as they please, in my book he should be dealt with. His actions are immoral. So Materia, if you agree that we need to fight him so be it, and if he doesn’t learn his lesson he shall be punished. That is all.” Azorel starts to become visibly agitated by what he had just heard. The energy Azorel gives off can be felt throughout the room. Something that commonly occurs when he gets agitated by the presence or thoughts of evil.

Flag Post

Draven
“I for one agree with Azorel and shall help in any way I can”

Flag Post

Geia
Ugh. Sapphiros. I can’t quite bring myself to disagree with his holding-back of scientific knowledge – being that certain types of knowledge tend to harm the planet by their very nature, whereas enough scientific regression will surely result in lowered environmental damage in general – but his destruction of any magical source other than himself is more than worthy of even greater contempt than he himself shows in the image displayed before us.
‘I agree with Azorel too. We’re not meant to hinder the planet’s advancement like that, and we’re certainly not supposed to lead any nation against another. I suggest we strip him of his power – permanently seal his focus, and convince his worshipers to stop worshiping him. Then we can lock him up, and perhaps attempt to eliminate information regarding him as best we can.’ .

Flag Post

Draven
“We may need more help though, we shall have to convince the others first”

Flag Post

Azorel
“Three gods are enough Draven. How strong can Sapphiros Empyreal be? Anymore may draw attention to us, and could make things harder.”

Flag Post

Ergos Materia

“How strong?” Materia smiles. “Don’t blow his threat level out of proportion. I alone will be enough to handle him. How about you simply leave this matter to me?” Her smile becomes chilly. “I can think of several interesting experiments I would like to perform on one such as Sapphiros.”

Flag Post

Azorel
“You sure you don’t need any help Materia? I will fight by your side if you command it.”

Flag Post

Draven
“Ok, I agree that we don’t want to draw too much attention to ourselves but I want in on this, Sapphiros must be stopped”

Flag Post

Leviathan
After many long hours of work, I finally finish setting up the ritual grounds. “Good,” I think aloud, “Now they can come see what the world is like these days.” I notice pebbles, then clumps of dirt and rock falling through the roof of the astral pocket. “What is-?” I dig up and stick my head above ground. I do not like what I see, so I quickly withdraw and seal over the area in the ground. “Why is Sapphiros sending his army this way? All that’s in this part is- Oh no…” I employ a lizardwoman guardian to watch over the sacred grounds with her kobolds while I’m gone.
I dig to the surface while morphing into a black dragon. “Sapphiros! Don’t you lay a single pretty-boy finger on that city!” I shout at the deity as he leads his army. He gives the command to besiege the area while he duels me. “Crap,” I think, “I didn’t think he’d decide to fight, he must be getting bolder.”
Regardless, I dive toward him while breathing a sickly grey smoke. I hope that I can simply petrify his feet, maybe his legs if I’m lucky, and take out his army. I keep in mind that staying away from his retaliation is crucial, there’s no way I could beat a deity one-on-one.

Flag Post

Ergos Materia

A bright flash. For an instant, the bright elemental form of Ergos can be seen over Materia’s body of sleek dark metal. Then they meld, revealing their combined form. “It’s all right, Azorel,” the complete Ergos Materia smiles, flaming blades forming from her hair and slender body. “You can fight by my side if you wish, but I’d rather keep dear Sapphiros to myself after we’re done. He’d make an excellent guinea pig.”

Flag Post

Geia
‘I personally don’t think he’s stronger than any one of us. And actually, I’d agree with Ergos’ claim that she could take him out by herself… although I think maybe we should leave experiments to non-living beings. Or beings that give consent for such experiments, rather.’ .

Flag Post

Draven
“And myself ? Azorel isn’t the only one that wants to help imprision that pig”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel sees Materia and Ergos merge into one being. He quickly decides to pull back his offer. “I…I’m sorry, but I can’t, I have to decline. Ex…excuse me everyone.” Azorel quickly gets out of his seat and heads away from her. Sweat drips down his body as he fights the urge to attack her. But, yet at the same time, he wanted to serve under her. He’d have to go back to the meeting once she left. His mind was bombarded with emotions. He needed to get away before he lost control. Any longer exposure to her and he didn’t know what the outcome would be.

Flag Post

Leviathan
I am grounded abruptly as Sapphiros impales my wings into the ground. He grins at me condescendingly, “Fool,” he says as he stabs me repeatedly. “Who do you think you are…” he begins as I cringe with each stab, “To question the authority…” he pulls back for what I assume will be the finishing blow, “OF A GOD!”
I guess this is it, huh? I finally die protecting a city, a noble end for an abomination like me.

Flag Post

Xenophonite

I stand and watch as my followers plan the attack on Sapphiros’s army. Of course, I am not there with them, but watching them from my dwelling. I fire a bolt of red lightning at the vision. It flashes and suddenly disappears, revealing a white wall behind it.

“This is dangerous business…,” I say to a portrait of myself. “Sapphiros could destroy my followers…”

I turn around and stare at the vast space before me. I stare into the intimidating white, squinting at it.

“Hmm… Sapphiros should be no problem for a deity,” I say as I look at the ground. “Oh, yes, the meeting. I best be going back there now.”

I walk a few feet forward. I lift my arm and fire a bolt of lightning. It stops in mid-air and widens into a portal showing me the meeting of deities. I proceed forward and put my foot through, stepping into the large room. I turn my head around and stare at the hologram of an army in blue and white.

“So, I suppose the meeting has started,” I guessed. “Are we talking about that wretched villain, Sapphiros?”

I turn around and walk forward. I face an empty chair and blast it with a yellow thunderbolt. Blue sparks cover it completely, only to vanish into it to reveal a throne of white and gold with elaborate designs of different colors of thunderbolts on it. I calmly take a seat and cross my legs, listening in on the conversation.

Flag Post

Draven
“Yes the meeting has started, I presume you know what we plan Xenophonite?”

Flag Post

Xenophonite

I turn over to a somewhat familiar face. Ah, yes, that is Draven. I pause for a moment while I think.

“Actually, no, I do not no what you plan to do with him,” I admit. “Though, I would very much like to find out. Do you deities plan to attack him? I suppose a single deity could bring him down.”

Flag Post

Draven
“Yes but not to destroy him”
with that I return to a pocket universe of my own.
(gtg soz)

Flag Post

Leviathan
I slowly open my eyes to see Sapphiros’s weapon fried to a crisp, and the deity himself looking quite indignant. “What?” I wonder, “How did his…?” I then receive a large bank of images from my branch member that was sitting in on the meeting. “Heh,” I say, “Xeno, you never let us down, even if this was a misfire.” I notice Xenophonite’s army attacking Sapphiros’s. “If only they’d gotten here sooner,” I say as I rise. Laughing, I grab Sapphiros by the preppy collar, slam him into the ground, turn into a dragon, and carry the stunned god away from the city. “This should be a good height to drop you from,” I say deviously, “I’ve always wanted to wish upon a falling star.” I cackle with fury as I toss the traitor god toward the Earth. I know this won’t kill him, but I doubt the deities would want him handed over dead.

Flag Post

Xenophonite

I glance at the portal Draven stepped through.
“Well…,” I said to myself.
Hmm. Maybe I should check on my followers. With that I got up from my chair.
“Excuse me, I need to check on my followers. They’ve been planning an attack on Sapphiros’s army, if you didn’t know,” I informed them. I turned around and went to the side. A shot a thunderbolt at the wall and it stopped in mid-air, widening to reveal my followers in white and gold armor attacking Sapphiros’s army.
“Haha!” I laughed in triumph. “They are winning!” I yelled.
The “mirror” showed me another vision. It was of a dragon staring downwards. He was standing on a cliff.
“Ah, yes. I’m going to go ahead and guess that’s Levi,” I said to myself. “I wonder what he’s staring down there for.”
I scrolled over to my followers and their enemies. I shot a lightning bolt at Sapphiros’s followers, killing many.
“There, that should help my great followers,” I said as I walked away, the “mirror” closing. I sat down on my throne and conjured up a glass of liquid that appeared to shift colors.

Flag Post

Xinuriel

I go back to the meeting just in time to see Xeno launching a bolt to Sapphiros’ army. “So, let me guess. The meeting was about good ol’ Sapph, right?” I sit back in my chair and serve me more water, then drink it. When I finish drinking, I tell Xenophite: “Seems that you are handling the first wave pretty good”