[Game] Deify page 8

468 posts

Flag Post

Leviathan
“Well, Xinuriel, handling it pretty well. And yes, Xenophonite performed excellently.” I speak as I drag an immobilized Sapphiros through the gate. “If it wasn’t for your you-awful aim with your lightning,” I continue, “I would have died.” I toss the treacherous god into the middle of the meeting room before leaving with a raise of my hand. “Sorry if he’s too stunned to speak; he kind of got electrocuted, slammed into the ground, launched into the planet from the edge of the atmosphere, and his arms and legs are now made of stone.”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel paces back in forth outside the gods meeting hall. Far enough away from Ergos Materia’s influence. (Mostly because the other deities energy is blending in with it.) “I hope the meeting isn’t over by the time I come back.” Says Azorel.

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Hey, where’s Azorel? I wanted to tell him something.” I ask openly to the deities in the room

Flag Post

[Oh, come on. Sapphiros is a PC-level deity. He couldn’t have been defeated that easily.]

Ergos Materia

The goddess of science narrows her eyes, gazing at the stunned Sapphiros intently. Something doesn’t seem right. A stab into the sapphire deity’s flesh tells Ergos Materia all she needs to know.

“You think that’s the real Sapphiros?” She says, glancing around the room. “Come on. He would not go down that easily. That thing over there,” she gestures to what looks like Sapphiros Empyreal, “is just a little effigy conjured by his army. Made by their belief in him, formed like a real deity. It’s essentially a temporary clone of the true Sapphiros Empyreal.” Made by magical techniques stolen from her followers, no less; it irritates her greatly to see the magic she invented for her Technomagi used in the hands of a pompous, hypocritical bastard like Sapphiros. “You guys had your fun. Mop up his army however you wish, and make sure they don’t conjure up more of these effigies. I will take care of the real Sapphiros.”

Without another word she disappears, gone from the room in the blink of an eye.

Flag Post

Xenophonite

I turn around to both Xinu and Levi.
“Thank you, thank you,” I say to both of them. “But really, it was nothing, my followers are doing all the work.”
I fire a thunderbolt. It stops in mid-air and widens to reveal metal clashing metal.
“Time to help them my followers,” I say aloud.
I bring up my hand and start randomly firing at the enemy. Thunderbolts strike many a foe, killing hundreds. When there were only a few left, I let my followers take over.
“Well, that’s that,” I say as I close the mirror.
Ergos Materia finishes something about Sapphiros. She then vanishes into thin air.
“Well…”

Flag Post

Leviathan
I return after sensing E.M.s presence has left. “She really seems to have something against me for some reason. Do you guys have any idea why?” I ask the deities worriedly. “I just don’t get why she doesn’t trust me, I tried my best against this guy, and even got help from Xeno with that, albeit unintentionally. Thanks again, mate.” I shrug as I pick up the body. Still, she seems like much more of a… a witch, than need be in a situation like this. Still glad Sapphiros didn’t slay me though; I seriously need to find out how to get tougher.

Flag Post

[You know what, guys? Why don’t we put a little more planning into our posts? Not too much, just a little. It can be irritating when player A says “[something] happened”, then player B says “no, player A was actually wrong, and [something else] was what really happened”. I had to resort to doing this regarding the Sapphiros clone thing, as I was planning on doing something else and didn’t expect that you guys would just take Sapphiros down while I was too busy to post. I do not want to do that again, nor do I want to have it done to me. Really, we should at least discuss a bit before posting, whether through PMs or in the signup thread.]

Flag Post

@B_S,

Okay, when someone has an idea, just post it in the Sign-Ups thread and we will discuss how to carry it out.

Flag Post

Leviathan
Disregarding the deities in front of me and outside, my frustration caused by EM reaches its peak. I quickly retreat to my pit to begin the ritual.

Flag Post

Okay, when someone has an idea, just post it in the Sign-Ups thread and we will discuss how to carry it out.

[Unless it doesn’t affect anyone else, in which case we should just go ahead and do it.]

Ergos Materia

“Plagiarism is bad, Sapphie,” Ergos Materia says snappily as she abruptly pops into existence inside Sapphiros Empyreal’s pocket universe. “I ought to have you expelled for this!”

You!” Sapphiros gasps in shock. “How are you able to locate my domain?!”

“Not my fault you were too sloppy to cover your trails,” Ergos Materia glares. “Thought you could fool everyone, hmm? Using my technique?!”

“What I think is no business of yours!” The sapphire-winged deity snarls. “Leave at once before I blast you to oblivion, you mechanical harlot!” In response to his trembling rage, blue empyrean fire and light begins to blaze around him.

“Implying that you can,” Ergos Materia sneers. “You’ve been an annoying little bug for long enough, and today you finally did something so unfathomably stupid even for you that all the deities held a meeting just to talk about taking you down. I am going to enjoy this,” her smile turns wicked as multiple blades form from her hair, the sleek purple metal coated in flames of the same color and crackling with emerald lightning.

“You asked for this!” With a snarl, Sapphiros sends a massive beam of blue light and flames at the goddess of science. “DIE!

“Again, implying that you can kill me,” Ergos Materia hisses as she unleashes her own beam, a pillar of vividly purple plasma with a green center, crackling with green lightning. “Don’t overestimate yourself.”

The two beams clash and begin to struggle against each other. The faces of both deities twist in concentration, as they pour in more and more power to their attacks. Sapphiros’s face breaks into savage glee as he feels Ergos Materia being pushed back, and redoubles his efforts.

Suddenly, all of the energy in Ergos Materia’s beam is reabsorbed, pulled back into herself. An instant before her opponent’s blue beam rushes to engulf her, she disappears; the titanic amount of divine power in the beam hits nothing and is totally wasted. She reappears, this time separately as Ergos and Materia, respectively to Sapphiros’s left and right sides, each shooting a beam of her respective color scheme. Panicking, Sapphiros attempts to dodge, and appears to succeed; Ergos’s beam of reddish magenta fire and electricity only grazes his side. But like a magnet, the beam violently sucks him back in toward the center of its path, just in time for Materia’s bluish indigo beam to strike him head on and rapidly encase his whole body in hundreds of razor-sharp shards of dark blue and indigo crystal. The energy of Ergos’s beam then conducts through the crystals into Sapphiros’s body, not wasting a drop of energy. The crystals themselves explode immediately after, engulfing Sapphiros in violently destructive energies of varying colors. They clear after a moment, revealing Sapphiros’s visibly battered body.

“Ugh… You…” Sapphiros draws in a shuddering breath. “How dare you…”

“I’m not done yet,” says Ergos Materia, now once again a single being, with just a little hint of fatigue in her voice. A wave of both hands, and huge spheres of emerald and amethyst energies appear around Sapphiros to all simultaneously strike the god at very specific angles.

The spheres explode, releasing complex, mesmerizing patterns of colored energy. But rather than dispersing, the energy seems to wobble and resonate with parts of itself; it then immediately collapses back in on itself and subject Sapphiros inside to intense crushing forces. When the energy density becomes too high, it explodes again, only for it to contract and implode once more. Sapphiros gasps, desperately trying to teleport out of this energy deathtrap, but it will not let him; the energy continuously crushing and blasting him also serves to lock him completely in place. The cycle of explosion and implosion continues for minutes, until it finally destabilizes and radiates outwards in an especially powerful explosion. Ergos Materia pants lightly in fatigue, slowly siphoning the energy of her attack back into her body.

“What…” Sapphiros wheezes. He looks more like a charred corpse than human, all of his wings broken and smashed to pieces, but evidently still alive. “How…”

“Con… Conservation of energy,” Ergos Materia says. She takes a deep breath. M-Master…?

Silently, a rift in spacetime opens behind her. Appearing next to Sapphiros in a blink, Ergos Materia clamps her hands around his charred neck, delicate fingers and slender arm lifting the tall man as easily as if he’s made of cotton. Another blink. When she’s inside, the spacetime rift disappears, as though it was never there to begin with.

“Who… Who are you…?!” Sapphiros Empyreal demands angrily, despite the excruciating injuries all over his body.

Light chuckling sounds can be heard from behind the hooded man’s featureless gray mask.

“A-Answer me!” Sapphiros snarls.

“Tee hee. You wanna tell him, Master?” Ergos says with a malicious grin, fingers trailing teasingly over the man’s mask, almost but not quite taking it off.

“What difference would that make, my dear?” The man says in an indulgent tone. “I am rather unremarkable. Virtually no one in the world knows of me, I’m afraid.”

“Then r-release me!” Sapphiros seethes in rage and pain, his struggles futile against Materia’s unyielding chains of black metal.

“What do you think, Master?” Materia smiles, her tone casually jesting. “Should I release him?”

“Again, what difference would that make?” The man laughs. “Even with his full power, he cannot escape my domain.”

“W-What…?!” Sapphiros demands.

“Did you not hear me, buffoon?” The man says, tone now contemptuous, as he walks toward the chained deity. “This pocket of existence belongs to me fully. Lest I specifically allow, none will be able to leave. And none will come to find you.”

“Im… Impossible!” Sapphiros gasps. “You are not… You cannot…”

“Oh, but in fact I very much can,” the man smiles beneath his mask. “For over fifty millennia I have eluded you all, you deities who so falsely believe you know every aspect and facet of existence. Ha, how pitiful. You do not even begin to grasp, little godling…”

“Should we not begin the experiment already, Master?” Materia asks calmly.

“But gloating is fun too,” Ergos says with a grin.

“Why not combine the best of both worlds?” The man spreads his arms wide. “We can begin the experiment, and gloat while watching him squirm!”

“Agreed,” Ergos Materia smiles wickedly, suddenly a single deity again.

Sapphiros stiffens, and begins to tremble, as he feels a power that is impressively overwhelming even for a deity. Moments later, the fabric of spacetime itself begins to unravel around him, uniform gray giving way to maddening, incomprehensible colors and shapes. He can do nothing but scream.

“See, I was right,” Ergos Materia’s wicked grin becomes wider. “He does make an excellent guinea pig.”

[Again, everything is done with BC’s permission.]

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Whatever, the thing is that Sapphiros is screwed. Anyway, if that is all, I call the meeting to be over. Let’s all go to do whatever we needed to do.” After saying that, I start wandering around the room, looking for Azorel. I really need to tell him something.

Flag Post

Leviathan
I giggle with glee as a portal opens within the ritual circle. “Brothers, sisters,” I say with tears in my eyes, “I missed you all so much, Mother missed you too.” Cronus and Prometheus slowly leave the portal, making sure everything is clear for the weaker members of the family. Gradually, Cronus will signal the other siblings in one by one while Prometheus and I “tour the world.” I start speaking to my older brother, “So how’s Mom? Is she still sick?”
“Yeah, but don’t worry, man. Once we’re all here, we can help you get the rest of the energy you need to cure her.” Prometheus responds, I notice small embers fall from his eyes to the ground. He obviously is as worried as me, even if he doesn’t show it as much
“Anyway, let me introduce you to my friends, they’re all gods and goddesses, but a lot nicer than the ones you know… Well, most of them anyway.” I encourage my sibling as I carry him to the Pantheon.
Finally, we manage to reach the meeting chamber. Luckily, there are still some deities here. “Hey guys, this is my big brother, Prometheus. But you can call him Promie.” I say as I enter the room.

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel senses that Ergos Materia is gone and enters the meeting hall once more. Upon his way he accidentally bumps into Xinuriel. “Oops, sorry. I was a bit eager to return to the meeting.” Azorel then notices that some of the deities are leaving. “Aww, don’t tell me its over?”

Flag Post

Xinuriel

While looking for him, Azorel accidentally bumps into me. “Is ok. Yeah, is over. I need you to come a second with me” I tell him and open a portal to my pocket universe

Flag Post

Ferren’s Representative

A burning longsword appears in Ferren’s place at the meeting, it proceeds to speak in a gruff voice with a metallic twang. “Looks like I’ve missed everything eh? Someone care to give me a summary of what’s going on?” The representative continues, “I sense two wars, one has ended, a futile battle. A second, greenskins pillaging slightly across human borders and have been met with harsh consequence. This has ended also,the Orcs fled deep into their own land again. I’ve been busy, as my domain is in the center of battle.”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel quietly follows Xinuriel. "So what’s this about Xinuriel? What did you want to tell me?

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“As you probably know, my universe is a library that contains all the books known by man and gods, with no exception. Well, when I left the meeting to research, I found this” When we both enter the library, I show him all the empty bookshelfs. “I need help to find out what happened. And you are one of the few that can sense people intentions thanks to their energy. So, would you help me?”

Flag Post

Azorel
Azorel looks at the shelf. “I can try, but I can’t really figure out people’s intentions so easily, just if they’re evil or good. Do you have any leads?”

Flag Post

Xinuriel

“Only another deity would be able to enter here and steal or destroy all these books. I don’t see any reason at all to do all this. Sapphiros cannot be, he would have been rejected as his entry was ’’revoked’’. It must be a deity as powerful as me, or even more. Feel free to search, though I don’t think there will be any leads laying around”

Flag Post

Azorel
“Well would anyone want the books in question?” Says Azorel, as he looks around for clues.

Flag Post

Ferren

“No audio, so the meeting is over.”

I unsummon the blade, and it returns to my back. I begin surveying the landscape for conflict. Back to work huh.

Flag Post

Leviathan
After heading back to the pit with Prometheus, we greet the rest of our brethren that Cronus stayed behind to let in. “Thank you, everyone,” I say to them, “For your patience here. Mother would be proud of us, and surely she will be once we restore her power.” Before we begin our planning, I take my brothers and sisters, in humanoid forms, to adjust to modern culture.
Now that they are sufficiently suited to Earth, I leave them to discuss their ideas while I search for the other deities. My branch member apparently noticed Xinuriel talking about a library, so I wonder if he has any books on power sources.

Flag Post

Draven
I hear a sound in the corner of a quiet pocket universe but there in no-one there “If you are in my realm then you are powerful indeed my friend” the shadow replies"I am powerful and you have been on my hunting list for some time Draven" I throw my axe at the area that the voice came from but freeze up before it leaves my hand, for the first time I see the shadow’s face and see it’s horrer of what it is. “You are going to spend the rest of your time in a cell Draven and no-one will ever see you again.”
(dont rescue draven, from now on I will be a different person, if BC allows it of course)

Flag Post

Malokiden
Pokes his head into the meeting hall. “Mind if cut in?, sorry to pop in unannounced”. Sees that there are not that many gods.“aww where is everyone? I thought this was going to be fun”

Flag Post

Owen

On a whim, I stick my head out into my shrine through the centerpiece of the room, and out of my pocket dimension. I wish I had more than one shrine, but that’s what I get for being God of a disorganised group of monsters. Apart from how cramped this box is (I’m sure I told them to make it bigger, big enough to sit comfortably inside) the only thing of note is the vampire lying on the floor, with a hat lying on his face. The floor isn’t awfully comfortable, but I guess being dead and all, it doesn’t make much difference to him.

“Having a nice nap?” Would a dead person sleep, anyway?

“Yep.” That response was short and to the point, and perhaps a bit informal for one addressing a deity, as always. He never changes. As has become routine, he shifts the hat off of his face.

“Where is she?” I should’ve specified who I was looking for.

“Outside.” But he knew anyway. Maybe it’s just because we’ve known each other for a while. I retract my head and close the gateway to my pocket dimension.

Normally she’s on a walk at this time of day. I guess she’s just sitting outside, sipping tea and enjoying herself. I stick my head out of another gateway, just outside the shrine. Two figures are sitting down there, at opposite sides of a table. It’d look like they were playing poker, except one of the two girls present is dropping cards even as the other is forcing them back into her hands. That’s not her fault though. Her body’s stiff from rigor mortis. Poor girl has no dexterity at all. That was the way she was made, though, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Feeling guilty doesn’t solve anything. It’s odd for a Jiang Shi (or rather, one of my imitations of one, so I’m not sure if she’s accurate) to be out in daylight. My decision to give my creations human form was a good one. She can at least sit down if she assumes human form, and apparently her aversion to sunlight is gone. Or maybe she was just dragged out. She looks perfectly human, if a bit pale and with sharp teeth at the ready. I almost find it difficult to imagine that she’s a monster.

“No, you have to hold the cards.” The other girl speaks at last. She should have done that instead of fumbling with the Jiang Shi’s hands. I’ve never understood why she dresses like she does. It’s by far too elaborate. If I was her, I would only take the time to bathe every few days, to save myself the inconveniences of taking off the clothes all the time. Despite her attempts to at least appear saintly, she’s being forceful as always. Maybe that’s why she wears pure white clothing, with the inconveniences of things like a necktie of some sort and a hair ribbon. She’s always said it’s to stand out. She really only stands out against the black marble of my shrine. I wish it was more intimidating, even if the surroundings aren’t: I’m still a monster, after all.

I chuckle softly at the scene, and enjoy it for a while longer. Maybe I should take up a career as a professional stalker. “And you can stop lurking around and watching us.” Or maybe not. If the stalkee notices you clearly like that, you are doomed to fail as a stalker.

“You’re always so rude to me. Have you forgotten I’m a God? Yours, no less?” Not that I’ve ever demanded that she show me her respect for me. I suspect it’s in there somewhere. She does worship me, after all. If you could call it worship.

“I’m human, aren’t I? Should I really concern myself with a God of Monsters? Besides, I really wonder if you are a God, if your creations can’t even play poker.” So it was poker.

“My creations are perfect just the way they are.” All I get for my comment is a skeptical look. A very long one, at that. The Imitation Jiang Shi hasn’t taken her eyes off of the freeloader human who lives in my shrine, though. Her gaze is only intensifying, in fact. Not surprising. I doubt that freeloader has fed her.

But even as the Imitation Jiang Shi, still assuming human form, lunges at her her hand shoots up and produces a paper token from her sleeve. Only after the paper token flies out and sends the unfortunate Imitation Jiang Shi crashing through the chair she was previously sitting on and to the ground does the human avert her skeptical gaze from me.

“You, what have I told you about eating humans? Especially me? Honestly…” As always, she’s brutal. Not that this wouldn’t be obvious when she started dragging the poor Imitation Jiang Shi towards some other destination known only to her.

“Oh, are you taking her away for another one of your torture sessions, I mean, lessons?” I get a cold glare in response to that. “I’m a human. Unlike monsters, we don’t engage in needless brutality.” I wonder if she’s being sarcastic.

“Maybe that’s why you, as a human, are living among monsters. You wouldn’t fit in amongst others of your kind, human~.” Her glare softens slightly, from what I can tell. That’s odd. Normally by now she’d fly off the handle. Not that I would mind.

“Have you even bothered to remember my name, or are you just going to keep calling me ‘human’ forever? It’s Marisa, damnit.” She’s right, really… I never really think of anyone by name or address them like that.

“I’m terribly sorry, Francesca. I should address you by name more often.” And her glare becomes as frosty as it was before. So much for her having a heart and not just being a brute.

“Don’t you have somewhere to be, anyway? Some meeting of Gods or something?” Do I…? Ah. Yes. That. Shit.

I fall out of the portal in my haste to exit it. I didn’t even need to leave it, but I’ve just landed myself in another embarrassing situation. Not that she hasn’t seen worse. “Er… No, not really.” All that elicits is a giggle. I wonder how many Gods get laughed at by their followers. And that said, I wonder how she sees me. Those eyes and her intuition have always seen more than they should, but I’ve never known what they’ve seen in me. If she sees me in a form wearing a skirt… Well, my situation is worse than I thought it was. “Well, I’d better get going. I don’t want to be late for the… Doctor’s appointment I have booked. Yes, that.” I promptly exit through another portal heading back into my pocket dimension, intending to head for the meeting I may or may not have been invited to. I poke my head out of my newer portal. “Sorry for my latene-” I give the empty field I’m (or rather, which my head is in) at a baleful stare. “Well, what are you looking at? Stupid field.” I sigh. Today is probably going to be quite long.

[Marisa was the only name I could think of. Don’t worry, she has no relation to Marisa Kirisame of Touhou Project.]