~ Hellfire Tournament ~ [Unique RP Strategy Game][Act II: Consumed][Reserve Signs Needed; Sign = Auto-replace one of the 5 inactives.] page 4

282 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

RokRokRok –

knees f the imp

I’m not sure what the f is for.

Me neither… I must check for typos…

Anyways, what type of polearm as we talking about? Basically a sword attached to the shaft, or more of an axe?

Flag Post

[Group 1]

As the imp jumps on me, he has me pinned until I kick him between his legs. As the imp feels the pain his grip on my arms loosen enough for me to get my arm holding my bow free and I whack him on the head with it, letting me get free. I quickly get to my feet and run to the 5 arrows that I have been trying to get to. I finally manage to get to the arrows, I immediately grab one of the arrows and turn around to see the imp back up and charging straght for me. I shoot the arrow at his left eye and it hits. I then quickly pick up the other 4 arrows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RokRokRok:

RokRokRok –

knees f the imp

I’m not sure what the f is for.

Me neither… I must check for typos…

Anyways, what type of polearm as we talking about? Basically a sword attached to the shaft, or more of an axe?

Your choice. Just don’t make it The Spear Of Legendary Epicness Of Dexterity +38.

Flag Post

[Can you update when 3/4 post or something so that those who aren’t in your timezone don’t lag behind? :D]
[I assume backstories are completely up to us? Can I name my character? Can I make up my own inventory (without, obviously, any weapons)?]

Group Beta 2

Henry, you bastard. I knew there was something wrong about that carnival ticket…. I grimace, rubbing my head. This isn’t going to be a happy experience for me. The other ‘players’, from the looks of them, not to mention their rapidity in taking up offensive stances, had at least an inkling of what they were going to have to face (or they just have awesome mental reflexes?). Maybe I should have conducted an inquiry about this “Hellfire Carnival” before actually getting here…

Well, now doesn’t seem to be the best time to sit around with a morose expression on my face. I look down on the ground near me, and spot an axe sitting on the sand beside me, apparently as bored as I am. It has a wooden haft, and a slender, gleaming steel axe head. Seems pretty formidable to me. Growing up in the country, I have experience handling axes thanks to all the wood chopping my dad made me do. And… I think, weighing the handle in my hand and realizing that it is light enough for me to wield with ease, and maybe even pull off a couple of fancy moves. …I know I can kill with it.

With a mighty heave, I lift the weapon into my hands, and rotate the haft so I can examine it completely. It must have been a regular beauty once. Not now, though. The handle is slightly bent, though that lets me adjust my hands more firmly. The butt has scratches all over it. I dearly hope the bit is discolored from age and not from blood.

Then I remind myself that it doesn’t matter here.

That guy seems like in trouble. The guy with the sword and the stoic expression on his face (it’s hard to tell with the dust flying around him and his opponent) even when he is down on the ground. Time to play backup. I run over, trying not to make much sound (that’s hard, but I don’t want to make so much noise that the imp is alerted of my presence over the sound of my teammate’s shouts and its partner’s screeches). Getting nearer to the imp, I quickly begin to gauge its movements, my mind working furiously.

If it tries to roll towards me or try some funny business with its tail, I am going to try a vertical slice right through the midline of its body, splitting its skull in two. It might shrug off a slice from a sword, but the axe is strong enough to smash through bone. I hope so anyway. If it tries to roll aside, I will try a horizontal one, making it easier for me to land at least a glancing blow. Though I will be compromising my ability to dodge if I do that. I need to better be very careful so I don’t end up like the other guy. The one that was killed at first.

I can’t believe I got into this mess.

Flag Post

Yeah if you aren’t OP.

Also AN, you obviously haven’t read up on the other groups. I’ve done mostly 2/4 posts, and one 3/4 post.

Going to bed, g’night.

Flag Post

Group 4

As I was the first one of my group to stand up and fight these imps, I take the last sword and for the nearest imp to me on the left. As I took a swing at the left imp, the other imp came across and jumped on my back. I had to get the imp off my back. The other imp was trying to get the sword off me. Then I punched the imp that was on my back on the head, he let go and was on the ground. The other imp went towards the one that fell off my back. Now I had them both where I wanted them.

(Hope that’s what you’re looking for.)

Flag Post

gammaflux, Group 3
I turned around to see both imps easily stand up. It seems that my attacks had little effect on them, except for making them angry. I hold out my sword ready to defend against both of them when suddenly an arrow strikes the imp farthest from me. He turns around and angrily dashes towards the archer. This made things easier, for me at least. The other imp that I previously clotheslined runs up to me at fullspeed and tries to scratch me with its claws. I barely dodge it. I counter attack with a swing but narrowly miss him. “Speed vs Speed, interesting.” I mutter. Both of us then start swinging wildly with a flurry of attacks. Moves are parried, and dodged, but a couple of good strikes are given to both of us here and there.

Flag Post

You know I can’t figure out what this imp has against me. All I have done to it is:

1. Shoot an arrow between his eyes.
2. Shoot an arrow into his open mouth.
3. Throw a shortsword at him, slicing his chest.
4. Cut off one of his hands.
5. Kick him between his legs. (In progress)
6. Bash him in the side of the head with my bow. (In progress)
7. Shoot an arrow in his left eye. (In progress)

I still can’t see why he hates me…

Flag Post

BCLEGENDS – Group 3 2
Well, bugger. I’ve been standing around, whilst my… team mates, I suppose… do all the hard work. That being said, I have some extra space from not being noticed by the imps yet, so I pick up a bow and spear from the ground, then, in what is perhaps a foolhardy move, throw the spear towards the nearest imp, before letting loose with whatever arrows I have near and/or on my person.

Flag Post

hamuka, Group 3

For the variety, I grab a sword and charge at the imp which is attacking the archer. I strike it multiple times, mostly at the neck and head. The imp tries to breathe, only resulting in some blood flowing out of its neck. It falls down. It’s not dead yet, but for sure he has lost some of its former strength. I check myself; I got a few scars, but not as much to make it dangerous to continue. I decide to rest for a bit.

Flag Post

No, the imps are my adversaries I must defeat to win. I believe the other teams are competing with us, no?

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

No, the imps are my adversaries I must defeat to win. I believe the other teams are competing with us, no?

I think they’re fighting different imps.

Flag Post

[I am going to have to ask this too, before I scratch all the hairs off my head.]

I try to impale the imp upon landing on the other side of it.

When I get close a toss the dirt with a swipe of the arm towards the imp, and followup by grabbing the polearm with the now free arm and the arm still holding it and swing it at the imps.

If it tries to roll towards me or try some funny business with its tail, I am going to try a vertical slice right through the midline…

in what is perhaps a foolhardy move, throw the spear towards the nearest imp, before letting loose with whatever arrows I have near and/or on my person.

[Group 2 is playing this game like a parsed RP (UL from Group 1, too), while…]

The arrow easily hits the angered imp in the open mouth before he reaches me.

unfortunetly my aim is better with bows but I can’t argue with the results. the sword pierced through its chest.

As I took a swing at the left imp, the other imp came across and jumped on my back.

The imp tries to breathe, only resulting in some blood flowing out of its neck. It falls down. It’s not dead yet, but for sure he has lost some of its former strength.

[Maximum players are playing this as an open-ended RP. In other words, they are declaring the conclusions of their actions.]

[What I basically want to know is: Is this a parsed RP or an open-ended RP? You’ve parsed a couple of actions, DAZ, and that’s what made me use a Move Post instead of a Complete Action Post. I want to follow the right system from my next post, and could do with the info.]

Flag Post

@AdeebNafees
Would you consider my moves as being parsed? (I may have to change them if DragonArcherz agrees this isn’t a parsed rp.)

Flag Post

@Gamma:

[Open-ended.]

The other imp that I previously clotheslined runs up to me at fullspeed and tries to scratch me with its claws.

[Even though it is conservative open-ended, it is still open-ended. You actually have to change it if DAZ says that this is a parsed RP, as that will mean you can only go as far as “I lunge” or “I decide to attack, and then execute my plan”, indirectly referring to the results of your action, instead of “I lunge, narrowly scratching my opponent” or “I execute my plan, which works to a charm. My opponent’s blood washes over me”.]

EDIT:

[Personally, I think this is a mixed RP, and DAZ intervenes when you do something OP. Not sure what is OP in NPC context. Does killing one imp out of two count as OP, or are killing moves reserved for the GM? Are fatal, or near fatal wounds on NPCs judged by the GM too? Are OP posts considered non-canon or simply “the move failed, and you were hallucinating”?]

Flag Post

@AdeebNafees
You’re right. :) but I just figured he’d try to scratch me because that’s probably his normal type of attack, and the other one was aiming for the archer so I figured the one I clotheslined would aim for me.

Flag Post

[I’m just going to stick with this parsed RP game-play. And my character’s name is Nicholas… :D]

Nicholas, Group 1

I grinned as the small beast backed away. I stopped swinging and leaped into the air, not to high, but high enough to try and crush the imp with my battleaxe

Flag Post

I really don’t play RPs so I don’t know what the terms means; but I’d say not to dictate your shots 100%; especially once we hit PvP.

Flag Post

I really don’t play RPs so I don’t know what the terms means; but I’d say not to dictate your shots 100%; especially once we hit PvP.

It’s not hard to figure out from what they’re saying. Parsed means that every action they do has to get carried out and judged by the GM; it is “parsed” by the GM, so to speak. This is common in tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons, but is also used for most RPs.

Open-ended means that the player dictates their terms. The only role the GM has is to give the setting and situation. Players have a lot more control over the game in this, which can be good and bad. It obviously lends itself to overpowered players, but said players will likely have more fun since there are fewer rules restricting them.

Now then…

Group 4

Heh. This won’t be long. I pick up an axe. Decent heft, not too dull. It almost feels small in my scarred hands. But of course, everything is small relative to me. I remember I was nicknamed The Turtle, for surviving countless injuries and because I have more scars than I have skin. They work well as protection. Noting that one of the other people had already started battle, I charge near them, using my momentum to cleave an imp with my axe.

Flag Post

Group 4
I immediately rush towards a sturdy oak bow, with nicely made arrows. The rest of my team was engaging the imps in close combat.

I pull back the string, take aim. Someone knocks an imp into my line of fire. I loose the arrow. It misses, but the imp is startled long enough for me to put a second through its left leg. It quickly limps towards the melee, my teammates blocking my fire so I can’t fire any more arrows without hitting them.

Flag Post

Group ONE

Instantly Arken reacts with a kick and then continues with a bow smack on the head. The imp loosens, and he sprints for the arrows. He grabs them, and panicking slightly, places an arrow in his bow and shoots an imp in the left eye. The imp falls to the ground, finally defeated, but he would not give in. Warmth starts to flood him and he explodes a giant, flickering inferno for a brief second – then it was gone, and all that was left was ashes. The imp had died, but he had gone happily. For he had got his revenge. The proximity of Arken was too close. He fell back instinctively from the immense heat. He lay on the floor, skin dry with terror and scorched in several places. Mentally and physically battered, he slipped into the gentle hands of unconsciousness.

As this dramatic scene was happening, Nicholas swooped his sword up and down, high and low, showing off amazing axemanship. Then he leapt up into the air and dived down, crushing the imp – if it had been there. It saw the chance of escape and he took it. He had lost its tail but he was alive and he tackled Nicholas down onto the soft sandy floor.

1 of 2 Imps have died. Arkenarken is unconscious [for how many turns, your decision].

Group TWO

Henry sprinted towards Jimbo and his opponent, wary of the imp. The imp, suddenly sensing something was wrong, rolled to the side and clawed out…into mid-air. Then he spotted Henry, axe in hand. Reacting rapidly, he rolls yet again to dodge. However, a nicely aimed axe stroke from him strikes the imp cleanly. The imp grimaced as he felt the blood trickle down – but he ignored it, jumped and managed to grab onto the axe.

BCLegends was no longer paralysed with fear. He got up, grabbed a bow and spear, and then taking a step forward, threw a spear at the imp near Rok. It had some rather unexpected results. He kicked RokRokRok hard in the solar plexus, then took another step forward and- bonk. Right into wood of a spear that had struck the ground a moment before.

Not even pausing to look at his handiwork, he let loose a torrent of arrows towards the second imp in the spar with Henry. Three arrows struck the imp at different parts of the body, but another accidental shot had hit Henry by accident in the left leg. Damn. Nice work BC. You just shot a teammate. At least the imp was out. Or so he thought.

Group THREE

The fight ravaged on between Gamma and the imp – a close action-packed battle where any lapse in concentration would break the impasse. A second later, it did. Sometimes it’s the smallest things in a battle that can make the biggest difference. As Gammaflux circled the imp, he slided slightly on a slippery part of the sand. Distracted momentarily, he looked down. The imp saw the oppurtunity and attacked with renewed force, left, feint right, left again, strike downwards, stronger, stronger and more powerful than before!

Simultaneously, hamuka was also engaged in a fight with the imp charging towards the bowman. Using his sword, he struck at it several times successfully. It was on the floor – losing its strength, but not its intelligence. It saw that hamuka was looking at his scars, and it leapt at a perfect moment – when his prey was positioned perfectly, when he was sufficiently recovered, when there was no one else around.

From hamuka’s view, it flew out of nowhere, crashing into him and knocking away his sword. Now they were rolling around on the dusty floor, wrestling for their life.

Group FOUR

Walfordking, quick on the draw, grabs a sword and rushes to fight the imps. After a brief ferocious fight, the two imps are on the same side. Grinning diabolically, he had them JUST where he wanted them. At least, he hoped.

Meanwhile, his teammate “The Turtle” grabbed an axe, weighing up the power and strength behind it. Readying himself, he drove his axe into the fight, catching one of the imps by surprise while he was running towards his brethen. But the strike had worked too well, so that the follow-up missed completely and drove him off-balance.

The imp, shocked and caught off-guard, overcome his initial surprise, attacked back at turtle, while the other imp started to attack walford.

Then the arrow struck home. Sent from a hundred metres away, was helltank, holding a bow.

It may not have done too much damage, but it made the imp stop and gave walford a chance.

Arkenarken, I think you might be godmodding your character slightly…

Flag Post

Group 4

The imp’s claws and teeth scrape against my scars, peeling off a few to let flow the thick blood underneath. If the hellspawn hoped that would slow my advance, it is unfortunate for it that those plans will be dashed. I quickly spin around, slinging the imp off myself onto the ground, then swing my axe down at it in an executioner’s strike.

Flag Post

gammaflux, Group 3
I feel the full force of the imp as each attack hits me. Every hit sending a small shockwave through my body. It can’t end like this though. Not yet. I immediately jump backwards away from the imp. Enough for a small breath. The imp takes a step towards me and in that instant I duck. Its time for my special move. I immediately swing the blade upwards hopefully striking the imp in the chin, and possibly knocking him backwards.

(If this move works I say the words. “Special Move, True Uppercut.”) Its a pun XD (I cut him, uppercut XD)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

[I’m just going to stick with this parsed RP game-play. And my character’s name is Nicholas… :D]

Nicholas, Group 1

I grinned as the small beast backed away. I stopped swinging and leaped into the air, not to high, but high enough to try and crush the imp with my battleaxe

Missed mine. o;

Flag Post

Nicholas, Group 1

Missed mine. o;

I didn’t, just that I posted Group 3/4 first, then 2, then 1.

I have to say, I’m enjoying this. Great moves y’all.