~ Hellfire Tournament ~ [Unique RP Strategy Game][Act II: Consumed][Reserve Signs Needed; Sign = Auto-replace one of the 5 inactives.] page 9

282 posts

Flag Post

The Turtle (I assume we don’t need group designations anymore?)

Rest? That demon knows full well none of us will get any rest. Not when none of us even know if we’ll make it to the next day. Deciding to prepare for what may be next, I go look through the available armor and weapons, noting another person who’s doing the same.

I attempt to find any body armor that’s in one piece, preferably made of iron or some other metal, as well as various gauntlets, greaves, helmets, and other defensive gear. For a weapon, I decide on a decently-sized greataxe. Spotting a pair of franciscas (or throwing axes, as those less familiar to weaponry might call them), I find a belt and use it to strap them to my waist in case I need some sort of projectile.

Flag Post

“Hoooray! About time too.” I said. (As everyone has named themselves, I’m going to do the same. From the next post I post, my name will be Owen.)

Flag Post

Conrad

“What’s the big deal with this guy?” I ask, to no one in particular, as the demon leaves my view. “Honestly, this is bordering on the edge of insane.” Looking around, I decide that now might be a pretty time to gear up. That’s what everyone is up to anyway.

Heading over to the weapon room, I examine the weapons, quite impressed by the large collection. It is funny, how many different kinds of instruments have been made for pretty much the same purpose. After much deliberation, I decide on a large steel battle-axe as my primary weapon, and a rectangular steel shield with a spiked boss to protect me from my opponents’ attacks. Hesitating a little at the thought of adding too much weight, I nevertheless pick up two wicked-looking Tomahawks, and attach them to my waist with a leather belt, muttering curses as the sharp points inadvertently poked into my flesh.

Gingerly, I examine the varied pieces of armor, inwardly lamenting my lack of knowledge of what will provide me the best balance of comfort and security. Donning a scaled manica (armguard) on my right arm, a gauntlet to protect my hand, scaled greaves for my legs and shoulder pads for my shoulders, obviously, I examine the helmets on the wall. None of them seem particularly comfortable to me. In the end, I pick an open-faced helmet (that was actually a burgonet) with a falling buff just in case my opponent gets too close for my liking.

After deciding that my boots are better than any of the ones on display, I painstakingly take apart the whole contrivance, except the ones that I can’t put back on within a minute, and place the individual articles leaning against a wall within easy reach.

Plopping down on a bed, and realizing for the first time that I am still bleeding from my leg wound, I take out a blue handkerchief from my pocket, and, tearing it in two, proceed to bandage the wound. Satisfied with my handiwork, I decide to take a stab at conversation with the other players, some of them whom I haven’t seen in the fight earlier, who have already picked their gear.

“I guess we might as well introduce ourselves to one another while waiting. I am Conrad. Conrad Keeves. Though it probably doesn’t matter now, I was recently appointed in a perfume company and my manager sent me here for some inexplicable reason.” I pause. “What about you guys?”

Flag Post

Ara, Group ONE

I wasn’t in the mood for introductions. Sure a lot of people were going in and out of the armory, but at this point, I needed some rest. I was unbelievably tired, as well as sore, and if I didn’t properly take care of myself then I would be nothing but a burden in the battlefield.

Quietly getting up, as to not interrupt anyone, I go into the dormitory and lay down on the bed farthest away from the entrance. A few hours of sleep would do wonders for me.

Flag Post

Gamma
I stay silent and look at all of the weapons on display. I pick up a few swords and do a few practice swings when my eyes set on a rapier. I pick it up and do a few practice swings and stabs. It seems pretty good. I go to the beds to rest from my previous encounter. I then notice Conrad talking to everyone and I reply. “Hi Conrad, you can call me gamma. When I woke up I was in the entrance to this place. Does anyone have any information about this, arena?”

Flag Post

Hamster

I finally get my consciousness back. I look around and quickly find the armory. I get in it, and the first thing I see is a samurai sword. I touch its edge, and take it back suddenly. It’s incredibly sharp. I test it out on a nearby haystack, and in a few seconds I cut it up into very small pieces. I conclude that’s mighty fine for me, then I search for a corresponding armor. And in a few minutes, I find a thin, but strong samurai armor. I’m not Chinese, but this was one of my dreams. I get it on me, then I get out to chat with the others. “Hello everyone! I just go by the name Hamster, mainly because I’m quick and a bit weak. I don’t know why I’m here, either; I’m living in the middle of nowhere, and can’t understand how I could get in an area so far. I just remember sleeping and then I woke up in a desert or something. Then I walked some and saw this… thing. Anyway, is there any food or water out here?”

Flag Post

And in a few minutes, I find a thin, but strong samurai armor. I’m not Chinese

Chinese

Wut. But samurais aren’t from China.

The Devourer

I raise my head up slowly, noticing that the other people were gathering in the sparring room, training and getting equipped. I decide to get up and follow, observing the fine craftsmanship. But even with the objective logic of choosing some equipment to prepare myself, I grimace at the thought of actually using any of this. Something about the equipment feels off, and I know that I will feel extremely uncomfortable when confined to a certain object for long.

Instead, I decide to answer a nearby man who announces himself as Conrad. “My name is nonexistent. As are my memories. I can’t recall anything before ending up in this arena.” Obviously, I left out the whole part about my supposed nickname; it wasn’t something I was comfortable revealing, the name not exactly having a great connotation. And as I had no reason to do so, I kept it to myself.

Flag Post

(I am active for a nit so if you need me to post then PM.)

Sparticus

Group FOUR!

Sparticus is tired from his battling, he hasn’t eaten in who knows when, he is running out of LIFE.

Flag Post

Mark Nutt
Being both unharmed and the fairly loner-esque guy that I sort-of am (which is to say, I’m talkative when I want to be, which obviously isn’t now), I don’t begin a conversation with anyone as I head over to the weapon room, eventually deciding that my skill with bladed weapons could use some touching up. Being that I appear to already be an expert archer (thanks to both intensive training and long hours spent hunting game with just a bow and arrow), I decide my swordsmanship needs some touching up; therefore, I grab a set of leather armour – with what appears to be chain mail layered directly over it, possibly to increase protection without increasing the time needed to don the armour – and pull it on, before grabbing two relatively thin swords whose names I can’t for the life of me figure out. The closest I can come up with is “rapiers”, although I’m certain they aren’t actually rapiers, but whatever. After that, uh… I guess I’ll wait to see if anyone wants to spar.

Flag Post

[arken]

As I entered the new area that the demon led us to I noticed my wounds were healing at a greatly axcelerated rate, and I was healed in a few minutes. I decided to go and grab a bow and some arrows. I have 50 arrows now. I go to the archery section of the training room. Once there I choose three targets and begin practicing my multi-shot. I grab 3 arrows and my bow and focus my aim with the three arrows. After a few minutes I shoot and hit all three targets in the center. I then move back a bit and shoot again. 2 of the arrows hit dead center, 1 was just a bit away from the center. I continue practiceing my multi-shot. After a while of practicing I eat some food then go to sleep.

Flag Post

Two smaller demons walked into the room. They watched the players for a moment and congratulated them on their victory. They muttered words of encouragement and told the group that they had potential to win, but they said it like it was a required line they didn’t believe in.

After a while, they smiled and said to them, “Good luck in the next challenge.” But the smile never reached the eyes, cold and bitter.

Flag Post

Nicholas, Group 1

I stopped training and set my sword down, turning around to face the demons. I squinted at them and studied their every movement.

“When is the next challenge?” I briskly asked them as I turned around. I bent down and grabbed my sword and continued to slash at a dummy.

Flag Post

The Turtle

I didn’t trust a thing those things said. I had half a mind to test my greataxe, but I’ve seen well enough what happens to those who don’t act how they want us to act. So I stay where I am, eyeing them warily but making no movement.

Flag Post

Tireris

Just lightly napping, I awaken to the steps of the small demons. After they bid me my dues, I slowly swing my feet over the ledge of the bed. I stand up, stech, and inspect my gear. After finding it all in satisfactory condition yet again, I grab a nearby smooth rock and pull a knife out of a sheave. Starting by running down the rock down the edge of knife from the hilt to the tip, I flip it over and repeat.

I do not trust those demons… After running it along a few times and finding it satisfactory, I proceed to do the other one. They seem to have a trick up their sleeves, or where ever they keep their tricks.

Flag Post

Owen

After my rest, I did some training and wondered when the next challenge would be.

(I’ve given Dragon a shout)

Flag Post

Act II: Consumed

The demon and its superior were watching the groups fight the imps.
“Very impressive…”, he said, and the elder demon nodded.
“Yes, yes. Almost too impressive…”, he muttered to himself.
There was something about this group that made him curious. Never had he seen a group like this.
And the glow…he hadn’t seen that glow in a millenium, since The Summoning.
The words were lost on the younger demon.
He wasn’t going to let this ragtag bunch get any further, his mind already plotting how to stop them.

An earth-shattering roar could be heard miles and miles away.
A colassal abomination stepped out of the Arena.
A merciless hunter, an unstoppable killer, a monster worthy of the legends.
It was 7 metres high with fangs of steel – and a thick armored fur.

The demon grinned.
“Run home and cry, my friends, run home.”

Tokolo’sh had been unleashed.

The demon led the players along a small track. Strange sounds were sweeping the area ominously along with the occasional roar. Large thumping sounds were heard in the distance. The demon moved quickly with no hesitation, while the followers closed ranks slightly, looking around fearfully. They had been led out of the dormitory onto this backroad and it was clear from their faces that some of them were beginning to wish they had never come here.

Suddenly, the trees melted away and in front of them was this gigantic brute with thick fur. It towered over them, making them feel insignificant and miniscule compared to it. The demon cracked a smile, and smirked.

“So, next challenge. If you’re so good, maybe you could show me how’s it done?”

The challengers looked as if he was crazy, and a few began to protest.

“Are you kidding me? How do we kill that thing?”
“Are you sure you didn’t make a mistake?”, suggested another.
“What if we get killed? It looks dangerous!”, said a third.

The demon shrugged, and grinned,“Well, you did follow me here. Weren’t you willing, eh?”

Then, using his tail, he flicked a boulder and it hit the massive creature. Although it didn’t hurt him, he felt it and he looked towards who threw it. The demon had already ducked behind the trees, and said, “Tut tut! Haven’t you ever heard it’s a bad idea to hit a monster with a rock?”

“Oh and, I’ve got some of my companions watching the place, in case you run. Good luck!”

Then he went off into the trees and back towards a rather safer, and more populated place.

“So um…just the 16 of us against this guy. What do we do?”

All 16 players against this 7 metre tall predator.
A large forest clearing with a scattering of rocks, boulders, scrubs and bushes.
You may not exit the clearing or you will be whipped by a demon.
The 16 players are standing in a bunched up group, with Tokolo’sh angered at them [for the boulder].
Same drill with paragraphs as before; put your group and character name at top and so on.

Flag Post

gammaflux, Group 3
“Are you sure you didn’t make a mistake?” I asked the demon. The huge monster in front of us would be a tough combatant to face. Suddenly the demon tosses a boulder at the mighty beast with his tail. He then hides before Tokolo’sh sees us. “Tut tut! Haven’t you ever heard it’s a bad idea to hit a monster with a rock?” He says. I look at him angrily then face the beast with my rapier in hand. “Oh and, I’ve got some companions watching the place, in case you run. Good luck!” He starts chuckling to himself, a lot of the group seems to be visibly angry at the demon. Including myself. Others are more focused on the giant animal in front of us.

I turn to everyone in my group. “I’ll try and flank him from the back guys, 2 other people come with me, the rest of you distract him.” I whispered to the group. I start moving forward but pause for a second. “Good luck everyone, may fortune be on our side.” I start running around the beast, moving to the right. (Quietly) and attempt to stab its behind with my rapier.

Flag Post

[Do we still have our weapons and armour?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[Do we still have our weapons and armour?]

Yes, yes you do.

Flag Post

I really should of taken place in the post imp battle. I figured it would be filler just to control pacing and add more story. I’m quite fucked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

I really should of taken place in the post imp battle. I figured it would be filler just to control pacing and add more story. I’m quite fucked.

Well what did you have on you during the last battle with the imps?

Flag Post

Nothing.

Flag Post

Nothing.

Take a page from the demon who enraged this monster and fight with rocks. (like hold them in your palms and punch with them.)

Flag Post

Considering it’s a 7 metre damn giant, creativity > futile weapon.

Flag Post

[Well its less no weapon, just the lack of armor. I’ll make due however.]