The Rise of Man [Real-Time Strategy Game] [Game] [Reserves List Open] page 4 (locked)

82 posts

Flag Post

The Kirbers
Natz-research twigs/fire
Matt- Find metals.
Lance- Research metal.

Flag Post

I’m sorry If this offends you UL, but saying that Fire costs X materials in a world where there are no set actions – purely creativity based and a roll of a dice is a stupid idea. You’re putting out set stats now? Why can’t it be front post with a ton of info; much better. Still stats + free world doesn’t mix.

Flag Post

It doesn’t offend me, I like constructive criticism.

Okay, so you want the fire to cost nothing?

That can be arranged.

Flag Post

Would be better to have a chance to discover technologies, in my opinion. For example, to make fire with twigs give a low chance to discover fire and with flint and stone have a better chance. Maybe that having a minimum of materials to start researching something. More materials oyu have, better the chance to sucessfully complete the research. Or just roll the RNG or a 100 sided dice

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

That can be arranged.

No, of course fire should cost something.

But when you can do freedom like “Look for twigs” and stuff, there needs to be a bit more freedom in the construction of fire. Say if your people have more experience it’ll take them less tries to get it right and so on.

In a game where there’s no set actions like 1) 2) 3), and where there are set materials – that’s BS.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:
Originally posted by Underlord:

That can be arranged.

No, of course fire should cost something.

But when you can do freedom like “Look for twigs” and stuff, there needs to be a bit more freedom in the construction of fire. Say if your people have more experience it’ll take them less tries to get it right and so on.

In a game where there’s no set actions like 1) 2) 3), and where there are set materials – that’s BS.

+1

Flag Post

I’m sorry to say, guys, but I’m going to lock this thread.

I didn’t really think this through, and now problems are coming up. I could have, and should have, planned more and could have made this game better. I thought I was ready, but really, I’m not.

Well, anyway, I apologize for wasting all your guys’ time…