[Trivia] Quiz King : Match 11 – MaistlinRajere vs. T6salt page 2 (locked)

333 posts

Flag Post

And that’s all of the signs!

And I have set up the tournament brackets here: http://challonge.com/QuizKing

Match 1 – Taiboss vs. racefan12

Taiboss – as you were picked first, do you want the first question set or the second one?

 
Flag Post

Taiboss picked question set 1 so let’s go!

Taiboss’ first question:

racefan12’s first question:

 
Flag Post

Finally home, I think I have too guess.
Beer is not possible, vodka and whiskey sound plausible. But I think I go with Whiskey.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

Finally home, I think I have too guess.
Beer is not possible, vodka and whiskey sound plausible. But I think I go with Whiskey.

Whiskey is correct!

Taiboss’ second question

(I won’t post any more questions for Taiboss until race has answered his first one :P)

 
Flag Post

As in a single foot?

If so, then 26.

 
Flag Post

I know that one. Shanghai has the Yangtze river, so it must be the one.
I knew that Chicago has the Chicago river, but by that logic Moscow must have the Moscow river. I was not aware of that.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

As in a single foot?

If so, then 26.

That is correct!

racefan12’s second question:


Originally posted by Taiboss:

I know that one. Shanghai has the Yangtze River, so it must be the one.
I knew that Chicago has the Chicago river, but by that logic Moscow must have the Moscow river. I was not aware of that.

That is also correct. Your third question, Tai:

 
Flag Post

Um, I have never watched a minute of Scrubs in my life.

I’m just going to guess and say Jack.

 
Flag Post

Tough question. I know Tokyo is one for sure, and Mardrid sounds plausible. But I don’t think Munich is into that stuff, so I just go ahead and say Munich.

 
Flag Post

As I was addicted to Scrubs about a year ago, it pains me how I don’t have that question.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Um, I have never watched a minute of Scrubs in my life.

I’m just going to guess and say Jack.

Jack is incorrect. His actual name is John Dorian.

Originally posted by Taiboss:

Tough question. I know Tokyo is one for sure, and Mardrid sounds plausible. But I don’t think Munich is into that stuff, so I just go ahead and say Munich.

Munich is the right answer. It’s 3-1 to Tai so far but race is one question behind him.


racefan12’s third question:

Taiboss’ fourth question:

 
Flag Post

Considering that this pun doesn’t work in German I doubt that any of the dubbing of any show had the joke translated, rendering my question only guessable for me.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

Considering that this pun doesn’t work in German I doubt that any of the dubbing of any show had the joke translated, rendering my question only guessable for me.

Haha, now there’s a valid point if ever I saw one.

 
Flag Post

2.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

2.

I’m sorry, the correct answer was 4. It’s 3-1 to Tai, you have to get both questions right, race and Tai has to get both his wrong.

racefan12’s third question:


Still waiting for your answer Tai.

 
Flag Post

I now used random.org, which told me one.
So Bart Simpson.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

I now used random.org, which told me one.
So Bart Simpson.

That is correct Tai! Sorry race but you have been eliminated.

By the way, the Greek goddess of love was Aphrodite.


Match 2 – JaumeBG vs. S_98

JaumeBG – would you like to get question set 1 or 2?

 
Flag Post

the Greek goddess of love was Aphrodite.

Easiest. Question. Ever.

 
Flag Post

Can I see a source for the answer to that Empire State Building question?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Can I see a source for the answer to that Empire State Building question?

Well, actually I got it from a board game I have called Pokerface, based on the English quiz show of the same name… need further proof or…?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:
Originally posted by racefan12:

Can I see a source for the answer to that Empire State Building question?

Well, actually I got it from a board game I have called Pokerface, based on the English quiz show of the same name… need further proof or…?

Ahhhh, Pokerface. Might just do it after Exit List. :)

 
Flag Post

I was just asking, because I think that answer would be correct if the question was asking how many states can be seen from the top of the Empire State Building, which is an entirely different question.

From just looking around on the Internet a while, it appears that the ESB can be seen from ~50 miles away (which would include just New Jersey and Connecticut), but you can see ~80 miles from the top of the ESB (which would also include Pennsylvania and Massachusetts).

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

I was just asking, because I think that answer would be correct if the question was asking how many states can be seen from the top of the Empire State Building, which is an entirely different question.

From just looking around on the Internet a while, it appears that the ESB can be seen from ~50 miles away (which would include just New Jersey and Connecticut), but you can see ~80 miles from the top of the ESB (which would also include Pennsylvania and Massachusetts).

I quoted the question exactly from the board game but it sounds like what you’re saying is right and it’s supposed to mean from the top of the Empire State Building.

 
Flag Post

I’ll go second.

 
Flag Post

S 98’s first question:

JaumeBG’s first question: