(WISP)[Sign Ups][RP]

38 posts

Flag Post

Play (WISP) here!

Flag Post

Welcome to Ray of Light, or just Ray to its inhabitants. It’s a ruined city, and the last one left since the One Day War. Few robots remain in Ray; most joined the attempted revolution and the wrong side of the One Day War. The ones that do are rusty and their parts harsh against each other when they move. There are robot technicians left, but a brand-new robot is worth ten times its weight in gold.

You are a WISP, part of Project (INFINITY). This is the project designed to build small, compact, human-sized robots that could think and learn, and thus outshine the sheer power of Project (PARADOX).

Since ninety-nine percent of the robot population rose up against their human masters in the One Day War, where they destroyed most of human life before fleeing from the emergency Electromagnetic Pulse Generators which where shutting them down, Project (INFINITY) was abandoned and locked away, something not to be spoken off.

When a rogue mecha raid destroys the project’s inhibitor, however, the WISPs begin to awaken. And the world shook to its core.

-

There is something special about this RP I want to share with you. The whole point of WISP is that your character keeps on growing stronger as the game progresses. This is done through collecting Data Chips. Each Chip teaches your WISP something new, but each Chip decays once used. In the interests of balance, Data Chips will be found in batches of X, where X is the number of players. Each player can only use one Chip per batch, so they’ll have to decide who gets what new ability.

Teamwork IS very, very useful to completing the game. You should use each other’s abilities and especially their Infinity Engines to accomplish your goals.

Flag Post

Character Creation
Name:Don’t be ridiculous, though.
Color:Each WISP has its own unique color. Which is yours? No multi-colored WISPs, please.
Description:Describe your WISP. Each looks different.
Weapons:WISPs have to defend themselves. However, nothing too powerful and nothing that an ordinary human wouldn’t be able to carry around with them(since WISPs are human-sized).
Infinity Engine:Your WISP’s unique power. Designed to either patch up his weaknesses or enhanced his strengths. There is no cost associated with this power, though OP powers will be put down.

[WISP] List
Pintzer/Blue
Warmech, Designation [Proto]-∞/Turquoise-Green
Neonite X-16/Purple
Geerspiel/White
SH-Tuneller/Brown
Rawck-2357/Red
Ocelot/Light Tan
Ashnod/Navy
Kritin/Dark Green
Ligo/Sky-Blue

Flag Post

Name: Willo. (If this is too ridicullous, then I’ll change it.

Colour: Yellow/gold

Description: This wisp is golden in colour. Very easily seen.

Weapons: Spanners, Oil.

Infinity Engine: Repair. This wisp can repair almost anything. Any wisp Willo repairs goes down 10%, so that if say a wisp was 100% to start off with and Willo repairs it, it goes to 90% and so on. It never is ever 100% again.

(If you want more than this then let me know.)

Flag Post

Infinity Engine too vague. If it can repair anything, it could just constantly ressurrect its teammates. And other OP stuff.

Flag Post

I never thought about that. Ok, I’ll change it to almost anything.

Flag Post

Name: Pintzer

Colour: Blue

Description: A blue wisp with four spider-like legs, capable of climbing Most walls and/or ceilings. (non-slippery surfaces) It has two eyes, one is slightly larger then the other. A small hole is located between its body where all of his leg joints come together. (basically the “Thrustpack” shown below)

Weapons:
Pincer Claws (can pick things up as well as tear apart/dent with its grip.)
“Thrustpack” (Allows the Wisp to jump higher then normal, also does minor damage to anything underneath the Wisp.)

Infinity Engine: Trajectory reading. (Allows the wisp to read the trajectory of all projectiles it CAN see.) Note: Just because he can see the bullets, doesn’t mean he can necessarily dodge them. (though he does have a better chance to dodge or minimize projectiles)

If you want me to change anything just ask (also pintzer is a pun on the word pincer)

Flag Post

Name: Warmech, Designation [Proto]-∞
Color: Turquoise-green
Description: This. Human-sized, obviously.
Weapons:
D.E.M.P.A.R., a.k.a. Directed Electro-Magnetic Pulse Assault Rifle, attached to the lower section of the main body, where it is normally hidden behind and within the head. Rapidly fires what is effectively bullets with forward-facing barbs attached, designed to trap themselves in the body of whatever they hit, then release electrical interference in order to take out most mechanical targets and cause severe pain in living targets that are not outright killed by the projectile.
R.E.L., a.k.a. Radiative Explosive Launcher, a.k.a. “Mini-Nuke”, launched from a hidden back panel that raises up to reveal the launcher itself. Launches a relatively long-ranged explosive projectile; this projectile, whilst not any more powerful than the average handheld rocket launcher rocket on its own, contains a reasonably large amount of radioactive material in a “stasis” of sorts where radiation that would have occurred in the stasis time builds up for release; upon detonation, this material is released from stasis and spreads across a significant area, quickly killing any living being that enters the area, although only for a minute or so after the initial detonation due to the effects of the pseudo-stasis. So basically, a normal rocket launcher with a lingering but temporary harmful effect in an area around the impact point.
Infinity Engine: Armoured Shell – The outer shell on this WISP is relatively thick for the robot’s size, and made of a supremely strong material, allowing it to continue fighting long after other robots would have fallen.

Flag Post

Name: Neonite X-16

Color: purple

Description: This is what Neonite X-16 looks like. Of course, he is human-sized and purple, and, he doesn’t have the missile-launcher on his left arm.

Weapons:

Raygun: The Raygun is an electrolaser. It’s basically a laser. The Raygun is attached to Neonite X-16’s right wrist. The Raygun shoots five-inch bullets that glow neon purple and orbiting around the bullets are neon purple balls that explode on contact, blinding enemies. This may seem OP, but it doesn’t have to do much damage or whatever.

Grenade Blaster: The Grenade Blaster is a… grenade blaster. It blasts grenades. This weapon is located on Neonite X-16’s left lower-arm. The grenades the Grenade Blaster launches are typical grenades.

Infinity Engine:

HyperSpeed Booster Engine: When the HyperSpeed Booster Engine is activated, it boosts Neonite X-16’s speed, allowing him to move faster and such.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

I never thought about that. Ok, I’ll change it to almost anything.

I think he means describe what it can repair and how effective it is at repairing.

Flag Post

gammaflux, BCLEGENDS and Underlord accepted. BCLEGENDS please make sure your weapons are NO STRONGER than those of Underlords or gammaflux’s. Will post my WISP soon.

Flag Post

What about me, Helltank?

Flag Post

Change your Infinity Engine, walford. Or clarify it as gammaflux suggested.
-

Name:Geerspiel
Color:White
Description:Geerspiel has a domed head and is shorter than is usual for a robot, though not by much, perhaps an inch. He has hands that are extremely realistic, with thin metal fingers and joints. His legs have toes, though they are claw-like and long instead of realistic like his hands. His body is squat and cylinder-like, smooth and white. Though he is based on this picture, it is not an exact representation of him.
Weapon:Gamma Blade Geerspiel has a extremely thin, rapier-like blade strapped to his back. It has a glowing white Γγ carved on the hilt, which is a dull black in contrast with the blade. Its tip is made to discharge electricity, and can give a human a painful electric shock or a robot a minor jolt. Although this is Geerspiel’s only weapon, he is extremely proficient with it.
Infinity Engine:Molecular Detachment, Transportation and Reattachment(MDTR)-MDTR is pronounced mer-DER-ter, and is slang for teleportation. Geerspiel can teleport up to 10 meters in any direction. This works by detaching his molecules, moving them in a straight line to the target location, then reattaching them to form Geerspiel again. That means that if there’s a wall in the way, he won’t be able to teleport as the wall will block the movement of the molecules. As a general rule, he needs to focus his energy for 1 second per 1 meter teleported, so if he were to teleport his full distance of 10 meters, he would need 10 seconds of uninterrupted concentration.

Flag Post

Helltank, I hope that’s better.

Flag Post

You have to describe it more. Its a bit hard to understand. Right now what I understand is that if you repair another Wisp their max hp goes down by 10%.

Flag Post

Name: SH-Tuneller
Color: Brown
Description: SH is a worm like robot that is 2 meters long and a 20 cm diameter of width. Its got no eyes. SH is also got five row of ‘teeths’, which are little saw teeths that spin when active. First, third and fifth row spin clockwise. Second and fourth spin counter-clockwise. There’s a hole in the middle of the last row of teeths, where the sliced earth enters and leaves through a hole in the end of the tail.
Weapon: SH-Teeth SH teeths are made of titanium, making them highly durable and they spin at high speeds when active, making them extremely dangerous.
Sonic Pulse SH can launh a powerful sonic pulse in the direction its ‘head’ is facing. The sonic pulse can cause severe internal damage to humans and structures, but robots only recieve a slight disruption. The range maximum range of the pulse is 10 meters.
Infinity Engine: SH-WISP: Excavator Being made especially for excavation prouposes, SH’s hull is a bit more thougher than usual, to withstand the pressure. It guides itself by an effective combination of a thermal visor and a sonar radar with a range of 25 meters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

BCLEGENDS please make sure your weapons are NO STRONGER than those of Underlords or gammaflux’s. Will post my WISP soon.

…I personally thought my weapons were alright as they were, given that my particular WISP is basically a pure combat robot. It has no arms, even. In any case, the D.E.M.P.A.R. is basically just an assault rifle with EMP bullets, whilst the R.E.L. is just a rocket launcher with an area left behind that’s temporarily uninhabitable by living beings afterwards. Note “living beings” being the specific point there; if, as I am inclined to presume, the main enemy of the WISPs will be rogue machines, said radiative effect may or may not end up being utterly useless, given that I have no idea what radiation does to electronics.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

You have to describe it more. Its a bit hard to understand. Right now what I understand is that if you repair another Wisp their max hp goes down by 10%.

After Willo has repaired it, yes. You’ve got it so its not overpowering unlike everyone elses.

Flag Post

Name= Rawck-2357

Color= Red/Gold/White

Description= This bot resembles both a Hawk and a Spider. It’s wing-span is about the size of two fully grown men, it’s eight spidery legs acting as machine guns and some times to tear someone apart. A sharp beak for a mouth, this bot uses it for pecking out the eyes of its enemies if it can get close enough. And well, with eight eyes, it’s certainly hard to sneak up on him.

Weapons= Machine Gun legs: It tells you what it does in the name, does it not?

Bladed battle wings: If the WISP feels so, he can spread his wings out and use his legs to propel him in circles, cleaving enemies in half.

Infinity Engine= Energy Web: When activated, a web of energy spreads out all over the WISP, enhancing his powers by a good amount. Any melee attacks that come on contact with the WISP will shatter the web.

Flag Post

Name: Ocelot
Color: Light tan
Description: It is shaped identical to a human, appearing to have facial features hair and skin. It appears to be a nine year old child with blonde hair, healthy skin, a small frame and innocent appearance.. It looks perfectly human, minus when it opens its mouth….or chest cavity for that matter.

Weapons:
Mechanical Coffin: When in clinching range with another being, Ocelot can have his torso peel open releasing incredibly strong rib cage of metal that shoots outward and encases the victim in its cold, bionic grasp before it constricts them, crushing their bones, piercing their skin, and destroying their internal organs, which will soon be external.

Hyper flame: Ocelot can have his mouth open at various angles, revealing a flamethrower that reaches heats that put thermite to shame. The wider the mouth is open the higher area of effect but less range and vice versa.

Infinity Engine: Bionic Swarm- – Ocelot breaks down into smaller fragmented pieces, all mentally connected that allow Ocelot to navigate small areas and sneak past heavily guarded areas. These pieces when broken down lose their color and appear like water.
(Cut off my post, retrying)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

After Willo has repaired it, yes. You’ve got it so its not overpowering unlike everyone elses.

I think it would be better if you only heal for a fraction (not full healing) maybe 25% to allies only. and it does not reduce their durability. (I don’t want a wisp to end up healed and lose 10% of there max hp. Seems a bit unfair to them.

Flag Post

Name: Ashnod
Color: Navy
Description: Somewhat reptilian, with a tail, but also somewhat humanoid, with decent-length limbs. Arms. There’s four pairs of them, but only the lowest one or two are used for locomotion most of the time, letting the upper two-three pairs grasp items.
Weapons: Ashnod has a toothy maw in the ‘head’, and each tooth is a taser point. As long as two teeth make contact, a jolt of electricity can be run through the bitten whatever. Aside from that, Ashnod can grasp conventional. In this case, one assault rifle and a few pistols and a bag of frag and EMP grenades.
Infinity Engine: Liquimetal Transmogrifant: Ashnod spits out a nanite-heavy metallic ‘fluid’ which turns whatever it falls on into machines. The transmogrifant fluid is used up in the process, and the nanites decay to nothing in a short time even if unused. This can partially cyborgify organics. Patches up existing machines if provided with replacement matter.

Flag Post

Name: Kritin
Color: Dark Green
Description: Kritin is an arachnid-android with an additional limb attached to both arms and legs that can be withdrawn and unsheathed at will. Typically, he walks with his two “human” limbs, but can also use all eight parts to move with more agility and speed.
Weapons: Serrated Limbs – Kritin can use any of its eight legs as swords, although they are meant for destroying refuse
Infinity Engine: Overclock – Kritin supercharges his hexium core, greatly amplifying his speed and widening his range of movements. This enables the Rappel function, which involves using the thin shapes of his blades to climb upward, even without nearby tangible objects for support. However, after overclocking, Kritin must cool down or break down.

Flag Post

Name: Ligo
Color: Sky-blue
Description: A tall humanoid/avian wisp. He has wings built into his back. He has talons for feet and his hands are humanoid. He was mostly meant for recon purposes
Weapons:
Talons- Ligo drops down on enemies and scratches them with his talons causing some damage.
Super screech- Ligo opens his mouth and lets out an extremely loud screech causing nearby enemies to be stunned and a small amount of damage.
Infinity engine: Analyze – Ligo stops for a few minutes and analyzes the surroundings to find weaknesses in Structures and Enemies

Flag Post

Repair ability rejected as you are directly affecting other players’ “health”. This is sorta unfair to them so just choose another ability.

BCLEGENDS, your weapons are okay. Just don’t use them in an OP way. A careless RPer COULD turn the REL into an OP weapon as it does pretty heavy damage to humans. I trust you, though.

Jimbo, nerf Bionic Swarm a little. Maybe he auto-reforms after a certain period of time in swarm mode.

Ashnod, Kritin and SH-Tuneller are accepted.

Ligo’s infinity engine might be OP. Since analyzing weaknesses means Ligo automatically gets the layout of stress points in a building, he can accurately estimate what rooms are in that building and how big they are. This is an enormous, OP-like help when breaking into a heavily guarded building.