(WISP)[Game][RP] page 2

53 posts

Flag Post

Neonite X-16

I walk up to a turret and blast it off with my Raygun. I point at it and it glows purple. I step back a purple energy-ball comes out, exploding the turret. I pick up the wires and plug them all over my body, charging up. I got overcharged a bit, but I was fine. I detached the wires and stepped forward. I stare at the hostiles ahead of me. I guess it was time to kick up the modern-time speak.

Activating modern-time speak…

Activated.

“So, are we going to attack those hostiles over there?” I point towards the foe.

Flag Post

Shadow
I walk over to one of the turrets, still being almost perfectly silent. The SMG wasn’t designed to deal with armor, and I believe metal turrets fall into that category, even old rusted ones. I extend the spikes in my right hand. It is a bit more difficult to be quiet while cutting a turret out of a wall with almost the equivalent of my bare hands, but considering the situation I think I did rather well at it. I plugged in and charged up for a few moments before disconnecting from the power source. I retract the spikes and instead pull out the SMG.

Flag Post

(Sorry for not being on the past couple of days >.< I couldn’t get on)

Flag Post

Ocelot
“I’ll take care of the human. Flesh is weak, and brains are manipulative. Someone can destroy the mechanical following.”
I make sure I am well morphed into the form of a 9 near old girl. I’ve grown used to calling her Sally. Making sobbing noises I approach the soldier like man in a distressed fashion. “Daddy? Daddy? Have you seen my daddy? Where am I?” All of this said inbetween artificial tears should be enough to trick the feeble minded warriors. I just need to hope the AI accompanies him is of lesser design. I can only hope.

Flag Post

Pintzer
Pintzer hides above the doorway, waiting for a chance to catch his opponents with a surprise attack.

Flag Post

SH Tuneller

I’ll take that hesitation as a yes. Sonic pulse cannon charging

A light appears inside Tuneller’s mouth as it charges the pulse.

Stay out of the pulse range if you want to live

Flag Post

[Apparently SH Tuneller is not a fan of Ocelot]

Flag Post

Geerspiel
The robot accompanying the humans is of inferior design compared to us, but bleeding-edge technology for the humans. Its eyes glow dull red as it does a scan of Ocelot’s internal systems, finding metallic parts instead of flesh and blood.

Its hooked right arm shoots forward, grabbing Ocelot. The human soldiers raise automatic assault weapons and jab it into Ocelot’s face, while the heavy weapons platform prepares to fire.

SH Tuneller charges up his pulse cannon.

Stay out of the pulse range if you want to live.

Immediately, the platform swivels towards SH, changing targets to the WISP preparing a weapon, though the humans remain fixated on Ocelot. It fires a targeting shot, blasting a crater in the reinforced steel directly in front of SH. It adjusts its aim.

I move with blinding speed. All WISPs attack heavy weapons platform. Ocelot, break down and get away from those rifles.

The sword shears right through the barrel of the tank, leaving it with a stump of twisted metal. I grab an outjutting and swing myself to the top, then cut a hole down into the cockpit.

A human hand reaches out and fires a pistol wildly, missing me completely. I wait until the clip is empty-they may have armor-piercing ammunition-and slide into the cockpit.

It’s dark and small, though partially lit up by holograms and touch-screens. My sword pulses white, and I stick it into the human’s chest, piercing through his shirt and splitting his skin, though not his flesh.

Activating audio function.

WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO?”

The human trembles and nearly soils himself. “We… sent here to check on the facility… told that robots were kept in here… very dangerous… the generator was destroyed so we…”

I nod once, and send a fatal shock of electricity through the man’s heart. It bursts in his chest, literally, jolting him violently.

Tank disabled. Reason for attack on WISP:sent to check on this facility. It appears they were afraid the generators would allow us to get loose, which it did. Will someone get the two soldiers and the combat droid?

Flag Post

Neonite X-16

“I got it the droid. I’ll also blind the humans so the others can finish them off.”

With that, I bring hand up and point towards the combat droid. I fire a series of dark purple lasers at it, blinding and possibly even destroying it. However, I run forward and tackle it, pushing his chest in. I then get up and turn around, blasting another series of dark purple lasers, blinding the puny humans and allowing the others to finish them off.

Flag Post

Shadow
I watch the two WISPs jump into action. Tank disabled, droid probably disabled, and human blinded. I activate the light refraction capabilities of my armor and move next to the disabled human. Rather than waste ammunition, I extend the spikes in my right hand. With a quick punch to the back of the head, the human is dealt with. So fragile.

Flag Post

Neonite X-16

I look at another fellow WISP and try to familiarize him.

Identifying…

Identified. Shadow. WISP.

“Nice work, Shadow.” I turn around to look at all the WISPs. “Do we proceed?”

I lower my weapon.

Flag Post

Ocelot
Damn, my constructors should of perfected my emulation of the human anatomy rather than a flamethrower. They certainly managed to install a personality.

As I break down I quickly scuttle through the corridor until I am surrounding Geerspiel. I reassemble before my savior and deliver a quick, informal bow in order to express my gratitude. Maybe he will process the meaning, or maybe he will wonder what I am doing. Hopefully I can be useful next scuffle.

Flag Post

Ashnod
I deemed assistance unnecessary and avoided possible friendly fire incidents. Next time, though, I have plans for humans. Leave some alive but captured.
The fight wasn’t particularly amusing to watch.
Look for hidden security cameras. I lack necessary scanning equipment, but have plans for those too, so if you find any, tell me.
With that, I start proceeding.

Flag Post

SH Tuneller

Fight is over? Then I should de-activate the pulse

Tuneller’s cannon starts uncharging and delivering the energy back to its power deposits.

Now, what should we do? I would sneak underground, but there may be some land mines that can evade the sonar’s detection

Flag Post

Ashnod
The human had no worries walking here. Traps that keep being lethal all the time and lack intelligence are not usually placed in facilities like that. More complicated traps should not avoid detection.

Flag Post

Pintzer
Pintzer awaits permission to move forward. (Missed the first fight :/)

Flag Post

Ligo

I exit the building and see that I am too late to help fight so I fly upwards to get a view of the surrounding area.

Flag Post

Geerspiel
Do what you want. I’m not your king.

I blast open the front door of the facility, leading to a wide, empty road with cold air biting through my wires. I lock them up, pushing them together so the cold can’t get in and freeze them up. The road snakes on ahead. I update my map from the system scanner helpfully placed outside the facility, receiving and feeding a constant stream of information, for a moment, then send out an electronic message.

My map indicates the road leads to a small human settlement named Ironplank. It seems to have a direct road to the last remaining human city, named the Ray of Light.

Without warning, my sensors leap into overdrive. WARNING. LIFE-FORM APPROACHING:HUMANOID.

>checkall new_fig
SYSTEM;; (1) electronic, metal, small (2)electronic, metal, tiny
>>overlap (2)/(1)

I’m detecting 2 electronic devices on him. One small, one tiny. The tiny one seems to be inserted into the small one. He doesn’t seem to be hostile, I don’t think he can even see us. Suggestions?

>readystance (6);
>chargefull_sword
>swingbit=""0.000001=micros

With those three simple commands, I fall into stance six, the waiting posture, ready for anything but prepared for nothing. My sword, its charge used to blow open the front door of the facility, tops up with energy. Finally, I have programmed myself to automatically attack any life-form that performs a hostile or threatening movement in 0.000001 microseconds, the fastest reaction speed I have.

Flag Post

[Hot damn, man! You can see light move three milimeters! That’s some good sensors, since for a target, say, two meters away, light will take like 0.007 microseconds to actually get to your visual receptors!]

Ashnod
We must have been shallow in the facility. It could not have been a small building like that – the exit must have been close to our initial position. Did you say it’s cold out there? I like cold. Leave that human to me.
Now, I hunt. I drop the bag containing my weapons and drop to a flat position, reducing my profile to almost nothing. Requesting information from other WISPs, constantly updated to me, I know where he is and where I am in the terrain.

[Next post I either make my move or am stopped because those devices are plot important, since the GM introduced them and all. If it’s okay that I put on a show, I’d like to, you’ve got a lot of glory on yourself as it is… but if I should know anything, tell me.]

Flag Post

[Actually, I meant, when my visual receptors detect the threatening movement, my attack gears respond in 0.000001 microseconds. Also these bots are meant to outshine Project [PARADOX], which featured bots able to control time, create portals from place to place and kill every living thing within a 3 mile radius.]

[The devices aren’t really plot important. I’ll PM you the details since you’re one of my more trusted players, but please remember that your character doesn’t know the stuff I’ll tell you.]

Flag Post

[We were meant to outshine that? We sure don’t seem to. Yet.]

Ashnod
Stalking the man works well, he still isn’t aware of my existence as I creep through the grass and rocks. Not even as I climb onto a roadside tree.
Not even when the man, passing by the tree, gets pounced on and goes down through a combination of a shock and my weight.
Now for a little magic…
I spit the Transmogrifant all over the stunned man’s head, giving an extra dose to his nape. Soon enough, he becomes transmogrified on the surface – a steady stream of the fluid causes the process to run deeper. Eventually, he develops a network adapter and some rudimentary foothold of a virtual intelligence. A few quick commands and he gets under my control as his organic body becomes governed by the intelligence rather than his own brain. The brain is still useful – proper stimulation will cause memories to surface, which will be read and sent by us.
The man’s muscles return to functioning, and I command him to stand up. We walk back towards the group.
That’s how it’s done, team. No bloodshed and a valuable minion which could passably be used for spying. Functional body at our service and no damaged gear – and I understand that gear is something you were excited about, Geerspiel.

Flag Post

SH Tuneller

I shall go to check the surroundings to the city. No need to worry about detection, going underground and going to make no noises Said that, Tuneller’s teeth start spinning and he jumps, head facing the ground. When he enters undergroud, the first row of teeth rotates and starts pointing foward, still spinning.

Ashnod, I shall update you with all the info I can

Next I start moving quickly towards the human town

Flag Post

[Yes. We don’t outshine them yet. The whole point of WISPs, their true power, lies in the fact that they are actually AIs. They learn and adapt constantly, just like a real human being. Meaning they constantly grow in power. So eventually we’ll be able to roflstomp the [PARADOX] n00bz. But for now we’re not so hot.]

[Behemoth, I’ll PM you with details of what Ironplank is like so you can make SH Tuneller giev accurate data back to the other WISPs.]

Geerspiel
Yes. New gear is good. Very good. Excellent job, Ashnod. As it happens, my leg’s a little dented from our little encounter with that tank, so…

I focus my energy for ten seconds, and reappear at the newly made minion’s location. A quick swing lops off a piece of metal from his leg. I melt it with lightning from my sword and it fuses quickly onto my leg, preventing sructural weakness caused by the dent.

Now, let’s see what these two devices are for.

I scoop up the two unfamiliar devices, fallen to the ground from the shock of Ashnod’s sudden attack. The smaller one seems to be some form of microchip, probably some high-tech uber-efficient one from the looks of it. It’s used merely to store data. The bigger one seems to be some form of scanner. My system doesn’t recognize it, though.

Then my eyes dart to a small metal box on the former-man’s belt. I open it, and find stacks of microchips inside. These are older models, not the powerful one he has in his scanner.

My system is compatible with these microchps. But a brief diagnostics seems to indicate they are programmed to decay once analysed, a standard method of preventing espionage and of keeping information secret. There’s just enough, so everybody pick a card and put it in.

Flag Post

[Funny, all the metal went to the husk’s head and shoulders. Most of the body is still fully organic.]

Ashnod
I don’t know what are you planning, but any data I get I’m copying and storing and sharing. If I get to read this once, it can go do whatever it wants afterwards.
I grab one of the chips and get on with obtaining its data.

Flag Post

I fly down and take one of the chips.
>Politeness protocol activating
Thank you Geerspiel.
I insert the chip into a slot in my right arm and start reading the data on the microchip.