The Mole 2 ::: Game Topic page 10 (locked)

591 posts

Flag Post

I assumed there was going to be, you know, an actual task at some point.

That was the task.

Oh, and drop Silent a spot or two, unless we’re playing Tetris.

And bump me above Adeeb

Flag Post

From what I remember, the only people in this tournament who have ever beaten me are Lou and Maist. And I know I’ve beaten Lou at least once. Although, I guess I’ve never gone against Woon in an official tournament (maybe not devourer). And when I participated in FG tournaments, neither of you were here. Anyways, the tournament numbers are the most objective thing we have.

Flag Post

I don’t think it matters if I double post, I’m gonna mention this too.

With the exception of the time I forgot to post, I have beaten Woon and devourer in every tournament me and one of them have competed in.

Flag Post

Well, I was just typing up a list when I realized it was exactly the same as Deeb’s. So let’s just say I second that. But Maist is of course on the bottom.

Flag Post

I think that it should be safe to go with Silent’s list. It may not be completely accurate for a multitude of reasons, but unless Silent is lying about his calculations, it should be accurate enough.

Flag Post

It’s not inaccurate or a lie, I literally took them directly from the Kongregate Tournament Info and Results Spreadsheet. It’s the average finishing place from most tournaments. Nobody has really updated it for about 4 tournaments, but anyways. Maist is inconsistent with playing, and that’s why Lou has finished higher on a regular basis. Anyways, since we can agree Maist is best at the least, I’m just gonna submit in 2 hours, the submission will be my list with Maist at the bottom.

Flag Post

Mysterymason
S_98
AdeebNafees
racefan12
Woon1957
devourer359
SilentSand
LouWeed
MaistlinRajere

Flag Post

1. Wow, my name is there.
2. Y I NO ON TOP?

Flag Post

Round 2, Task 6: Reversed Gaming Pyramid

Yet another task that should be familiar to you if you played in The Mole. However, this time you are doing it in reverse.

So, here’s the quick task instructions:
1. The first person on this list posts a score from a game I name for you. (S)He has 24 hours to do so.
2. The second person then has 24 hours from the first score to post a BETTER SCORE.
3. This continues on until the last person on the list posts a score that beats the score of the 8th person on the list.
4. If your score isn’t beaten in time, you receive an exemption.

(NOTE: If Woon or Lou receives an exemption, they will be able to either give it to a person of their choice OR choose to discard it.)

So, what makes it so different from those instructions? Two things. 1) You are playing the gaming pyramid in reverse, meaning MaistlinRajere will START the pyramid while Mysterymason will be the LAST to post a score. 2) The game choice I have is actually about optimizing, so you’re actually striving to get a LOWER score than your opponent. Let’s see what game I chose!

The game you are playing is Epic Combo! and you are obviously going for Original mode completion time. Every time a score that fits the criteria is posted, you gain $7,500 for the pot, meaning this task is worth up to a massive $67,500 AND in case you guys end up so that the pot wouldn’t be even thousands, I’ll give you an extra $500 to round it up.

Oh, and to not make this the easiest task, I’m gonna set a time limit: the first score must be under 15 minutes (900 seconds). Good luck and take good screenies — but be quick! Maist’s deadline is Feb 17, 10:26 AM (GMT +2)!

Flag Post

Uhnoes.

Flag Post

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Well played, Bluji.

Flag Post

A) This game is a bad choice. Since you don’t see your time after you beat it, and the high scores show your best time that day, if you got a low time earlier that day then you will basically be unable to submit a screenshot with a high time.

B) SilentSand, stop PMing me.

C) 896 is 14:56

Flag Post

Maist is perfectly on time. $7,500 has been added to the pot. LouWeed now has until 18th February, 2013 at 9:33 AM (GMT +2) to post a time of 895 seconds or lower (14:55 or lower).

@ Maist:

A) Not my problem.

B) Not my problem.

c) Not my problem. Thank you for confirming.

Flag Post

B was not directed at you, Blu. So obviously it’s not your problem.

Flag Post

Flag Post

You’re the one who gets close to the deadlines.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

Not my fault.

Flag Post

LouWeed has completed his task, so another $7,500 is added to the pot, making the current earned money $15,000. SilentSand now has time until Feb 18, 10:54 AM (GMT +2) to post a time of 889 or lower (14:49).

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:
Originally posted by SilentSand:

Not my fault.

Still a legitimate reason to PM you, if I’m not sure you remembered to check this. And since you made sure to mention your annoyance via PM, no real reason to discuss it here.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

7. Private messaging other players is allowed.

When was this changed? I was telling SilentSand to stop PMing me because

Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:
Originally posted by Bluji:

Discussion between players via PM or any other means than the thread is NOT allowed.

Flag Post

@ Maist:

Here is the post regarding the rule change.

As well, that line in your second quote is a task-specific rule. Sometimes, a task may contain rules that will only effect the current ongoing task. That rule is from task 5 meaning it only effected, thus, task 5.

Flag Post

Oh, and since I forgot:

SilentSand completed his quest and earned $7,500 for the pot ($22,500 in total). devourer359 now has time until Feb 18, 11:36 AM (GMT +2) to get a time of 875 or lower (that’s 14:35) or otherwise SilentSand gets an exemption.

Flag Post

I spent about 10 minutes waiting for the clock to reach an optimal time before I clicked on a link and left the page, cancelling all of my progress -.-. I’ll still get a score in; I just felt the need to post this.

Flag Post

I thought that the game would continue until my combo stopped. I was wrong. This should be easy to beat anyways; I deliberately wasted some time while going for it.