The Mole 2 ::: Game Topic page 5 (locked)

591 posts

Flag Post

I’m curious; I never saw a sign-up sheet [did I just fail that?] but even if there had been, it would have been obvious who the intruder was. Anyways, if you need a replacement, I’m here.

Flag Post

Dunno about you guys, but I am sending in exemption, not money.

@Face: I mentioned that in my post. I feel more comfortable denying the Mole more money than less, if that is the case, since right now, if only 2 people send in exemption, the Mole, as per your rules, gets the whole 40k.

@Lou: Not denying the Mole the exemption. Denying him money for the anti-pot.

@Devourer: At least you are going by my plan even though you mention Mystery’s xD

The bit about mutual trust cracks me up, because it’s like asking all the JKs to hold back their protections in a closed game because you are supposedly a Cop.

@Snine: That will not work. Undoubtedly, at least 2 non-mole players will send in exemption and screw us over. Preaching is futile. It seems to me like human nature to want to get the lucrative prize over team credo.

In case it isn’t obvious, I’d like a clarification from the mod on whether the Mole has to actively sabotage the pot, and if he is denied the anti-pot money if he just goes with the flow.

Flag Post

Sorry, deeb’s. Too late. Already submitted money.
(Wow I DO look like the Mole. Too bad I ain’t.)

Flag Post

Well, since Adeeb, devourer & me are all asking for an exemption, it would make sense for the rest of you to ask for money and pray that one of those two fools is lying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Well, since Adeeb, devourer & me are all asking for an exemption, it would make sense for the rest of you to ask for money and pray that one of those two fools is lying.

It WILL be funny if the Mole asks for money now, since he gets nothing if he does so. He also gets either no money or a fraction of the round’s money if he sends in exemption. Not to mention the free helping of suspicion :D

Flag Post

Not to mention the free helping of suspicion :D

If three people have already confirmed requesting an exemption, then it makes no difference what the mole does. It’s not possible to assign suspicion to an action if there’s no suspicious action to take.

Flag Post

@ AdeebNafees:

You do NOT need to find out the mole’s win conditions. Just keep on working against them and you could win in the end.

Flag Post

Well, this rounds seems to have been a bust. Well, since nobody’s getting anything, I suggest everyone send in exemptions for shits and giggles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Just keep on working against them

Wait, what? There’s more than one mole?

Originally posted by SilentSand:

Well, this rounds seems to have been a bust. Well, since nobody’s getting anything, I suggest everyone send in exemptions for shits and giggles.

That sounds suspiciously like something the mole would say.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:
Originally posted by Bluji:

Just keep on working against them

Wait, what? There’s more than one mole?

Using it as a universal persona for both he and she, since there are both male and female players in this game.

Flag Post

I am determined to send in an exemption, and it is in our better interest for Adeeb and Lou to change their minds.

he is actually, in his arguments, trying to make the idea seem OK and this could convince other people to go for the exemption also.

I’m not sure how you pulled this from my posts. Never did I advocate others going for the exemption, as that’s the exact opposite of what I want. I want both the money and the exemption.

At least you are going by my plan even though you mention Mystery’s xD

I’m not sure how you came to this conclusion. I’m advocating that only one person should send the exemption PM, hence Mystery’s plan. If I remember correctly, your plan was to have everyone send in exemptions; that’s not something I support. I trust that the players would not to risk the chances of earning money in order to have a low chance of obtaining an exemption. Think about it this way. With your pessimistic viewpoint about human greed, what rational individual would send in an exemption when he expects others to do the same?

The bit about mutual trust cracks me up, because it’s like asking all the JKs to hold back their protections in a closed game because you are supposedly a Cop.

I have no idea how this is relevant or even a valid analogy. In one case, reason should convince people to send in a request for money. In the other, we have a ridiculously stupid Cop, a ridiculously obvious scum, or an extremely amusing baiting tactic.

Flag Post

I am determined to send in an exemption, and it is in our better interest for Adeeb and Lou to change their minds.

I think it’s in our best interest for none of you to send in an exemption, since we seem to have a reactive force. As determined as you are, devourer, Lou might be more determined. Also, I think he already sent in his request. I personally believe you have too. Oh well.
In any case, I’m wondering who’s already sent in something. Me and S have declared that we already sent money.

Flag Post

I’m waiting for these little shenanigans to die down before I send in anything.

Flag Post

I have received all submissions, and thus will be ending this task a little in advance to get the next task to last as close to 72 hours.

Task 2 Results

Here’s what you guys submitted:

AdeebNafees ~ Money
LouWeed ~ Money
MaistlinRajere ~ Money
Mysterymason ~ Money
racefan12 ~ Money
S_98 ~ Money
SamsterSamster ~ Money
SilentSand ~ Money
Woon1957 ~ Money

devourer359 ~ Exemption

This obviously means you get the money (9 / 10) as well as devourer receives the game’s first Exemption (1 / 2) and cannot be executed in the first quiz no matter what.

Money earned: $40,000 / $40,000
Current pot: $80,000 / $80,000

Task 3 will be up later today.

Flag Post

Well, that was unexpected.

Flag Post

Round 1, Task 3: Clue Card

You have all been PM’d a clue. You are looking for something that fits all the clues. Make an official submission in thread in bold. In-thread communication is allowed. Your deadline is 9th February, 2013 at 4:00 PM (GMT +2).

Flag Post

Pfft. Well, devourer really was the only determined one. I personally find that hilarious.
I assume we can simply state what the clue we received is in the thread?

Flag Post

Damn that Loudelou not doing what I thought he’d do.

Anyway.

Hometown Glory. Let me know if it rings bell.

Flag Post

Hometown glory is a song.
My hint was “What doesn’t kill you”, which reminds me of the song ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’. Likely, we’re going to be getting a bunch a song titles. I’m gonna guess that the link is female singers. I also only have two clues, so this isn’t worth much.

Flag Post

Clue is ‘remember me’

Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Damn that Loudelou not doing what I thought he’d do.

Anyway.

Hometown Glory. Let me know if it rings bell.

I’d already done what you thought I wouldn’t done as soon as I saw what the task was. Either way, it all worked out, right? Exemptions are for pussies.

Flag Post

My clue was also ‘What Doesn’t Kill You’

Flag Post

I googled the three clues, got this:
http://www.tntdrama.com/title/?oid=786944-322880
Looks like the answer is Rizzoli & Isles

Flag Post

Hometown Glory is an Adele song.

What Doesn’t Kill You is:

• a TV show
  • a Kelly Clarkson song
  • a Blue Cheer almbum
  • a Candira album

Remember Me:

I’m sensing a theme of music here.

They are also all episodes in a TV show called Rizzoli & Isles.

I’m gonna take a risk here.

Rizzoli & Isles

Flag Post

Well, that’s that. We have 5/9 clues, and the guess was made. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Flag Post

My clue was “Love the way you lie” and that fits on with the answer. Well done people.