The Mole 2 ::: Game Topic page 6 (locked)

591 posts

Flag Post

Mine is “I Kissed a Girl”, this was obviously too easy.

Flag Post

Well, I’m gonna guess we were supposed to be confused between song titles and episode names, because these are all also the names of songs. With the exception of ‘Remember me’, they also all have female singers in the songs mentioned so far.

Flag Post

Mine was “Remember Me”, not that this matters.

Flag Post

Task 3 Results

MaistlinRajere submitted Rizzoli & Isles as a VERY early guess into the task, but was it correct?

Yes, it was. Congratulations, you have earned a perfect $110,000 (so $30,000 for task 3) in the first round. But have you performed TOO well to not identify the mole? Who will be the first one going home?

The first execution quiz will be posted tomorrow (8th February, 2013) at 4:00 PM (GMT +2). Please let me know if you are not fine with this time.

Flag Post

IMPORTANT: Now that the execution quiz has been posted, you may not look back at any posts or game-related PMs from Round 1 for the rest of the game. In addition, you may not look at your notes while taking this quiz. Finally, no discussion is allowed (either in-thread or by PM) until the results of this quiz have been posted.

Pot Summary:
Task 1: $40,000/$40,000
Task 2: $40,000/$40,000
Task 3: $35,000/$35,000
Total: $115,000/$115,000

If you have any questions about the quiz (or about the game in general), please PM them to me. DO NOT post them in the thread. Good luck to everyone!

Execution Quiz #1

1. In the pre-task 1 player list, what place is the mole?
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4
e) 5
f) 6
g) 7
h) 8
i) 9
j) 10
k) 11

2. Which of the following did the mole say in-thread during task 1? Please note option i) is not a quote.
a) They’re just there to create chaos for the actual players.
b) I’m not and I’d also like to know what basis you have for that.
c) Just randomly accusing people who haven’t yet denied being the intruder to see their reactions.
d) I don’t really feel like spamming people.
e) I’m a bit late to the game, but I’d just like to say that I am not the intruder.
f) Just saying, at least give a couple of hours before jumping to conclusions.
g) Why would you have it now that you know you wouldn’t be PMed about it if you weren’t the intruder?
h) Only explicit admissions have been counted here.
i) None of the above

3. Did the mole post an official bolded in-thread submission during tasks 1 and 3?
a) Yes
b) No

4. Did the mole choose the money or the exemption in task 2?
a) The money
b) The exemption

5. SilentSand posted a listing of players and their guesses for the intruder in post #56. Who did the mole suspect to be the intruder in that listing?
a) AdeebNafees
b) devourer359
c) hamuka
d) LouWeed
e) MaistlinRajere
f) Mysterymason
g) racefan12
h) S_98
i) SamsterSamster
j) SilentSand
k) Woon1957
l) The mole did not have a guess in that listing.

6. What was the mole’s clue in task 3?
a) Hometown Glory
b) Remember Me
c) What Doesn’t Kill You
d) Love the Way You Lie
e) I Kissed a Girl

7. Has the mole posted on page 6 of the game, before the quiz was posted? FIXED as of 9:52 PM, 8th February
a) Yes
b) No

8. As of the moment of the quiz’s posting, does the mole have over or under 5000 forum posts?
a) Over 5000
b) Under 5000

9. How many characters are there in the mole’s username? (Letters A-Z and numbers 0-9 are counted as characters in this case.)
a) 4
b) 7
c) 8
d) 9
e) 10
f) 11
g) 12
h) 14

10. Who is the Mole?
a) AdeebNafees
b) devourer359
c) LouWeed
d) MaistlinRajere
e) Mysterymason
f) racefan12
g) S_98
h) SamsterSamster
i) SilentSand
j) Woon1957

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Finally, no discussion is allowed (either in-thread or by PM) until the results of this quiz have been posted.

If no discussion is allowed via PM, how are we supposed to send our quiz answers to you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Finally, no discussion is allowed (either in-thread or by PM) until the results of this quiz have been posted.

If no discussion is allowed via PM, how are we supposed to send our quiz answers to you?

He said no in-thread discussion either, so you’re we’re doomed. DOOOOOOOOOOMED

Flag Post

Discussion =/= Quiz answers

Smartass

As well, there was an error on question 7. Obviously, I meant page SIX of the thread, meaning if you have submitted the quiz already, feel free to fix your answer to question 7 if you were mistaked by the error. That question does NOT include posts made AFTER the quiz was posted.

Flag Post

Slight change to the overall rules:

You may not look back to the previous ROUNDS after each’s quiz has been posted, BUT you may look back to the first THREE posts of the thread (reserved for lock, What is The Mole? + rules & player list).

Flag Post

You DO know that we can still see the first few posts of this page, before the quiz, right? So I think you should take extra care lest you forget about that later in the game.

Flag Post

The answers are in, and it is time for the first execution. Hover over the names to see whether that player is safe or eliminated.

AdeebNafees

devourer359

LouWeed

MaistlinRajere

Mysterymason

racefan12

S_98

SamsterSamster

SilentSand

Woon1957

I’m sorry to tell you that you are the Mole’s first victim.

Before task 4 can begin, I need one of you to post this: I volunteer as the person who doesn’t need exemptions.

Flag Post

I volunteer as the person who doesn’t need exemptions.

Flag Post

PHEW. This system of revealing eliminatees really sends chills down my spine.

I can volunteer as the person who doesn’t need exemptions, because I am in a good mood on having beaten my previous track record.

EDIT: D’aww, ninja’d. THAT’s fast.

Flag Post

So, Mysterymason quickly volunteered. He will be PM’d a simple task. No communication related to the PM is allowed.

Flag Post

Welpshit. Never mind :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Welpshit. Never mind :(

Sad to see you go, Samster :( Best of luck for next time!

Flag Post

Round 2, Task 4: Golden Mirrors

Your new task is as follows:

Mysterymason, volunteered, has listed the other eight players to an order. He will now reflect a ray of sunlight towards the first player on the list (or more like this post serves as the first reflection). Then, the first player says “I reflect the sunray towards <player>.” Then, player 2 will do the same, replacing the name in the sentence with the next player. And the task continues like that, until the last player, player 8, reflects the sunray back to Mysterymason. If this happens, $40,000 is added to the pot. If you fail, no money goes into the pot.

But this is of course with a twist, since you are playing The Mole. There is an exemption tablet on a sidetable. At any point, one of the players who has the sunray can do the following: “I reflect the sunray into the exemption tablet, obtaining the exemption.” If this is done, the task ends, the person who did that obtains the exemption and you earn no money, BUT you lose ($40,000 – $5,000N) from the pot where N is the amount of players the ray visited. This means you can get up to $40,000 from this task but lose up to $35,000 from the pot just as well.

The first player on the list now has 24 hours to reflect the ray to the second player. Each player has 24 hours to reflect the ray from the point the previous player did it. Good luck.

1. AdeebNafees
2. racefan12
3. S_98
4. SilentSand
5. LouWeed
6. Woon1957
7. MaistlinRajere
8. devourer359

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

Oh dear, it looks like you’re not getting any money or exemptions today… we’ll see.

Flag Post

Oh dear, it looks like you’re not getting any money or exemptions today… we’ll see.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Flag Post

Sorry, but my net connection was acting up.

I reflect the sunray towards S_98, if I can pick anyone, and racefan12, if I have to redirect it to the next player on the list.

You guys better keep it clear off devourer unless you want to lose that much money. Greedy exemption-hoarder :p

Flag Post

I believe the task states we have to do it in the listed order.

Flag Post

I also believe that Adeeb missed the deadline by 28 minutes.

Flag Post

I believe Bluji has been lenient with deadlines recently, so maybe we should carry on regardless.

Flag Post

I also believe that Bluji’s equation is wrong.

($40,000 – $4,000N)

Should be $40,000 – $5,000N. But who’s counting.

Anyway, assuming I still can, I reflect the sunray towards S_98.

Fun fact: The last time I saw this task used, the fourth guy on the list took the exemption.