The Mole 2 ::: Game Topic page 9 (locked)

591 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

I’ll join Group 2, sure.

Sent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

Why penalize? Is it my fault?

No, it is not your fault.

For tactical reasons, I shall reveal the reason we were penalized. I was PMed by a user, in clear violation of

Originally posted by Bluji:

Discussion between players via PM or any other means than the thread is NOT allowed.

I think that the fact that the group was penalized implies that the person is not the mole. If he was the mole, then why would we get penalized?

The person was SilentSand. Thus, I think we can be fairly certain that SilentSand is not the Mole. kthxbai.

Flag Post

I think that the fact that the group was penalized implies that the person is not the mole. If he was the mole, then why would we get penalized?

If this is true, then the mole could just repeatedly break all the rules to get the pot into negative millions, so I don’t think that argument has any merit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

If this is true, then the mole could just repeatedly break all the rules to get the pot into negative millions, so I don’t think that argument has any merit.

A) My point was that if he was the mole, HE would have gotten penalized, not us.
B) If the anyone repeatedly broke the rules, he/she would probably be kicked out of the game. So I highly doubt that would work.

Flag Post

I blame Lou.

Flag Post

A) My point was that if he was the mole, HE would have gotten penalized, not us

How/why would the mole get penalized?

Also, the mole causing the group to get penalized would be a potential sabotage strategy for the mole, though as mentioned, they would have to do so only sparingly, or risk being kicked out of the game and/or outed for obviously being the mole.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

How/why would the mole get penalized?

By adding money to the pot/For breaking the rules.

Money getting subtracted from the pot is beneficial to the Mole. So if the Mole breaks the rules, subtracting money from the pot would actually be a reward, wouldn’t it?

Do you understand what I’m saying?

If SilentSand is the mole, Bluji’s $10k penalty is not penalizing him, it’s helping him.

Flag Post

SilendSand was obviously not the mole already. All Maistlin showed us is that he is probably the mole himself, dobbing in a fellow team member and getting 10k removed from the pot. Tsk.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

SilendSand was obviously not the mole already. All Maistlin showed us is that he is probably the mole himself, dobbing in a fellow team member and getting 10k removed from the pot. Tsk.

I was that obvious?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

SilendSand was obviously not the mole already.

Elaborate, please.

Flag Post

You’re not going to trick me into revealing my methods, Moley!

Flag Post

Are you intentionally being annoying, Lou?

Flag Post

Nope, if I was I would have made some oblique reference to DO2

Flag Post

So our logic looks like this.

1. We aren’t the mole.
2. Samster isn’t the mole.
3. If MaistlinRajere is telling the truth, SilentSand is not the mole.

However, Maistlin has an incentive towards lying to ensure that we perform badly in the EQ. So… I’m not really inclined to believing him. Bhlarb. I hope the Mole breaks a few rules. (repeatedly)

Flag Post

If SilentSand is the mole, Bluji’s $10k penalty is not penalizing him, it’s helping him.

Precisely. It’s a group penalty; thus, it’s hurting the group. If SilentSand is the mole, then he just pulled off a nice $10,000 in his favor. If he’s not the mole, then he made a stupid mistake. Either way, the group is penalized just the same.

Of course, all this speculation about whether or not SilentSand is the mole is most likely causing the true mole to laugh his butt off at us.

Flag Post

Augh! I don’t think you understand what I’m trying to say. I would imagine that Bluji would want to penalize the person who broke the rules. Therefore, a $10,000 penalty would only penalize SilentSand if he is not the mole.

Flag Post

I would imagine that Bluji would want to penalize the person who broke the rules.

You don’t understand what I’m trying to say. Let me put it this way: SilentSand did not break the rules. The group broke the rules. All tasks are completed as a group. We are working together as one group, trying to earn money for the pot while discovering the identity of the mole who is trying to stop the group from accomplishing our tasks.

Flag Post

Fine. I understand what you’re saying. I give up.

Flag Post

And apparently, I think I should drop a reminder. We don’t know the Mole’s win conditions. I really think we should sacrifice the pot money much more sparingly, at least until we have a rough idea of who the Mole is and also what the win conditions are. Try to lessen our failed tasks a little. In my opinion, limit the exemptions to one per EQ. If we want to beat the Mole, the only way is to work together and sacrifice ourselves for the group, not to sacrifice the group money for ourselves. We’ve already lost 20 000 dollars for nothing; stop trying to deny us any chance of claiming victory for anyone but the Mole.

Flag Post

Task 5 Results

Let’s see what all of you submitted…

AdeebNafees ~ exemption
devourer359 ~ devourer, Maistlin, Silent
LouWeed ~ N/A
MaistlinRajere ~ devourer, Maistlin, Silent
Mysterymason ~ N/A
racefan12 ~ LouWeed, Mystery, racefan
S_98 ~ exemption
SilentSand ~ devourer, Maistlin, Silent
Woon1957 ~ exemption

Apparently there are more than one mole amongst you since you just totally, utterly BLEW this task UP. (And to confirm and not make you paranoid: YES. There is only ONE MOLE.)

So, devourer359, MaistlinRajere and SilentSand managed to gather up some money, $20,000… but since you got a penalty, it will go in as $10,000 / $60,000. No other money gained here.

Then, what about the exemption? AdeebNafees, S_98 and Woon1957 all submitted exemption but who did it first?

It was Woon1957. This means at least LouWeed and Woon1957 are exempt from the upcoming quiz but will there be others and if there are, who are they gonna be?

Before task 6 can begin, you need to list yourself in a list with the worst gamer at the top of the list while the best player is on the bottom.

Flag Post

I’m gonna be objective and rate us all by average official tournament placements
In order from Worst to Best.

Mysterymason -62
S_98 -51
AdeebNafees -34
racefan12 -27
Woon1957 -23
devourer359 -21
SilentSand -16
MaistlinRajere -9 (got 92 once, so I’m letting that slide)
LouWeed -5

Flag Post

Oh, and once you are ready, post the final list in bold. Forgot to mention.

Flag Post

Just because I’ve played a few tourneys doesn’t mean I am a bad gamer xD

Actually, just because I’m not made for long term playing.

7. S_98
5. Mysterymason
6. racefan12
1. AdeebNafees
2. devourer359 (?)
9. SilentSand (?)
10. Woon1957
4. MaistlinRajere
3. LouWeed

Would be more to my choice considering the gaming skills of individual players. I am not sure how good a gamer you are, Silent, and I don’t know about devourer either.

Flag Post

It wasn’t really clear in the instructions for task 4 that all three of the team members were supposed to pm you the same thing….seemed kind of redundant to me. I assumed there was going to be, you know, an actual task at some point.

Oh, and swap me & Maist, please. Unless we’re playing DO2

Flag Post

@LouWeed:

First, fix: task 5, not task 4.

Second:

Originally posted by Task 5 instructions:

The nine of you will have to form 3 groups of three, with mutual agreement (i.e. all players in a group must PM me the same group, or it will not count.)

[sound of scissors]

For your official submission, please PM me either the three players who are in your group or the word “exemption”.

It was mentioned TWICE your submission had to be either the three players in your group or exemption. As you can probably understand, this task was about teamwork and a tiny itty bit of reading comprehension.