The Enigmatic Labyrinth [Game]

31 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Lock

The famous Enigmatic Labyrinth… it leads to the Kingdom of Riches, a kingdom full of unbelievable treasures. A ragtag group of ten brave men and women have dared to venture deep into it. They have underestimated the power of the Enigmatic Labyrinth and have been stuck, imprisoned in the Enigmatic Labyrinth for five years with scarce food. They must choose… will they try to find their way to the Kingdom of Riches… or leave it all behind and find a way to escape the deadly Enigmatic Labyrinth?

Flag Post

Introduction

Riches. Unbelievable riches. The Enigmatic Labyrinth leads to the Kingdom of Riches, where every man and woman wishes to go. There lies piles of gold, scrolls full of devastating spells, epic weapons of mass destruction, and enchanted armor. You are part of a rag-tag group of ten people who have dared to venture deep into the Enigmatic Labyrinth. You wish to find the riches and treasure deep in the Kingdom of Riches.

Five years ago, you entered the Enigmatic Labyrinth. You wanted riches back then, treasure. Now, all you want is to get the hell out of this prison… or do you? Do you still want the treasures? That is up to you. You’re dried up from lack of water, weak from lack of rations. One day, you were walking around when one of the corridors shifted right in front of your eyes. You saw tables in a room, and on top of the tables was food, water, everything you needed to survive. You motioned for your companions to come, before the corridor shifted again. Once everyone was inside, the corridor behind you shifted again, but instead of showing another corridor, it was blocked by a wall. You were in a small room full of food, water, and beds. Ahead of you was the exit, leading to another corridor. You heard pattering. Something was running towards you… something big and fast… the pattering got louder and louder until a large beast came through the gateway in front of you. It had brown fur, blood-red eyes, bat-ears, vicious claws, and sharp teeth. Will you kill it before it kills you?

Welcome to my new forum game! “The Enigmatic Labyrinth” is based on “Labyrinth 1.0” by thecartm, which I really liked. So, as a result, I decided to make another game like it, just a little different.

This game is a roll-based combat game. You will be fighting enemies scattered around the Enigmatic Labyrinth. The deeper you go, the harder the enemies are. You might even have to fight each other… who knows?

Flag Post

How Stuff Works

How do you determine the damage I’ve done to my enemy?

I use the magnificent dice, 1D100, to roll. Once I have a number, I will determine how much damage you’ve done. This is also used to determine dodge chance, defense, and such.

How do I level up?

You level up by killing enemies. Under “Player Information”, there will be a little note that says the following: “x experience points until level up.” “x” is how many experience you have until level up. You will gain a certain amount of experience points upon killing an enemy. How much experience points you get depends on the difficulty of an enemy. Experience points will be given to all players who participated in damaging the enemy upon killing it. Once you level up, you get one attribute point to put into a stat.

How do I get replenish my MP and HP?

To replenish your MP, you can skip a turn which will grant you twenty-five MP but leave you vulnerable to enemies. You could also gain MP potions from enemies and drink them to regain MP. To replenish HP, you must get a HP potion from an enemy and drink it. That is the only way to replenish HP. Drinking potions does not take a turn.

How do I get more equipment?

Sometimes, when you kill your enemies, they may drop some equipment. You can loot those drops for more equipment. Another way is to craft items. More often, enemies will drop some sort of material which you can use to craft weapons, armor, etc. Crafting does in fact take a turn and leaves you vulnerable.

How does elemental damage work?

There will be elemental enemies in this game. Elementals have weaknesses, for example, a fire elemental would be weak to water. The fire elemental would get 50% more damage when attacked by a water attack, such as a water bolt, or something. Elementals also have strengths. For example, if you use your fire ball on a fire elemental, it would, in fact, heal, because it is made of fire, and you’re just feeding the fire.

How do I get elemental armor and weapons?

Players themselves can have elemental armor, which decreases damage done by a certain elemental by a certain amount depending on the amount of runes engraved in your armor. Elemental armor can be crafted by engraving runes from elementals into armor. For example, let’s say you killed a water elemental. It dropped a water rune and you snatched it. You can engrave that rune into your armor. It will give the armor a 10% elemental defense against water. You can increase the elemental defense by adding more runes. Runes always gives 10% elemental defense against the elemental it dropped from. Players can also have elemental weapons. Each rune, when broken, releases a magical “dust”, which can be sprinkled onto weapons and add elemental damage. For example, let’s imagine you killed a fire elemental. You grabbed it’s rune and broke it, revealing the dist hidden inside. You sprinkled it on your weapon. The weapon now does 10% more damage on a fire elemental. When runes are broken, they give 100 tiny specks of magical dust, which give 10% more damage against the elemental the rune dropped from. Runes engraved in armor and dust sprinkled on weapons do not last forever. Runes can be destroyed quite easily. The dust wears off in about ten game updates.

How do de-buffs and buffs work?

Rarely, but not that rarely, enemies drop special potions. These potions may give buffs or de-buffs. Buffs give you a boost in a particular stat. De-buffs do the opposite. For example, let’s say you defeated a fire elemental and it dropped a special potion. You grabbed it. Now, you don’t know if it will give you a buff or a de-buff. Let’s say you decided to drink it and I rolled for you. You rolled a, say, 75. A roll higher than 50 will give you a buff, but anything lower than 50 will give you a de-buff. So, you were lucky and got a buff. You got 10% more fire resistance. How long buffs and de-buffs last depends on your roll. If you decide to drink a special potion and roll below a ten, the de-buff lasts for five turns. Anything between 0 and 10 will give you a five-turn de-buff. Anything between 11 and 50 will give you a two-turn de-buff. Anything between 51 and 90 will give you a two-turn buff. Anything between 91 and 100 will give you a five-turn buff.

How do spell cards work?

Sometimes enemies may drop spell cards which allow you to cast a spell once. These spell cards’ strength and duration will be determined by the roll. A spell card allows you to cast a status effect on an ally or enemy. Status effects include Poison, Regen, Sick, ATKBuff, etc. Status effects are basically buffs and de-buffs, but you can cast them on enemies too, and you know what the status effect does before you cast it, which is why they are a little bit more rare.

How do allies work?

When you take all your willpower and focus, and some mana too, you can corrupt an enemy into working for you. This will usually take place later in the game, because near the beginning, you are no where near as powerful enough to corrupt enemies. It takes a lot of mana to be able to do this, and the stronger the enemy, the more mana you need. Once you have successfully corrupted an enemy, it will carry on your commands, and only yours.

What happens when I die?

Once you die… you die. The only way to come back alive again is if a fellow player uses a revive potion on you. Revive potions are dropped from enemies.

Flag Post

Player List

Players

ilovekirby12
overfrost
gammaflux
arkenarken
sirwoofy
thedude0
efar
Jimbo14
Luinie
SadFire

Reserves

Underlord

Flag Post

Player Statuses

This will be finished by tomorrow or the day after.

Flag Post

Enemies

Vicious Beast (75/75 HP) (50/50 MP)

No equipment.

Skills:

Red-Eye Stare: This Vicious Beast will stare at the victim, causing him/her to fall asleep for 1 turn.

Flag Post

Bestiary

Vicious Beast (75/75 HP) (50/50 MP)

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

The game has begun! You may post!

After eating some food and drinking, a Vicious Beast appears, blocking the exit, craving blood. What are your actions?

Flag Post

Geno
I attempt to smack the monster with the blunt side of my blade to get it to focus its attention towards me.

Flag Post

Jayce
I start to attack the monster at a safe range as soon as it appears

Flag Post

gammaflux
I engage the beast in close combat and stab with my rapier anywhere I can hit the beast.

Flag Post

Efar
I send a bolt of magic at it (just a basic attack without MP cost)

Flag Post

Nyxx
I lift my gargantuan sword and swing it into the mighty beast.

Flag Post

Kirb
Be stealthy and stab the beast in it’s left eye, obviously the weak spot.

(btw do we “observe”/ Scan the foe to learn more info and weakness/resistance, and unlock it in the bestidary?)

Flag Post

Wind

I take aim and fire an arrow at the monster.

Flag Post

Calga
Whatever, while everyone’s shooting at the mofo, I’m going to be gathering underground plants.

Flag Post

[Ardred Firebeard]

I cast flaming weapons on the entire party, giving them all bonus fire damage.

Flag Post

blump

Flag Post

UNDERLORD!!!

Flag Post

kick anyone thats inactive.

Flag Post

since this game isnt doing anything i will resign. thanks anyway.

Flag Post

Sorry, guys, I was away for a while. Anyway, update will be today in a few minutes.

You’re free to re-join if you want, woofy.

By the way, patience is a virtue…