Campaign Against Humanity (discussion/signup)

53 posts

Flag Post

R4L

Flag Post

Campaign Against Humanity

You are an alien that has been sent to EA-447m, or to the locals, Earth, to process it by eliminating sentient life. You must compete with other aliens for the honor, raiding and conquering them as well. Your ship has only a few supplies and basic buildings. It is time to choose a planet to land on.

Flag Post

Planet Info

Each planet gives different bonuses and disadvantages. The chance of human detection is the chance humans will find you, each turn it goes up 1% if not already found, other events can also increase it.

Mercury: 40% detection chance
+ 15 supply/turn
20% chance of solar flare

Venus: 0% chance of detection
-5 production

Mars: 50% chance
+10 to defend rolls
+5 resource production

Jupiter: 10%
no bonus

Saturn: 20%
+5 to production

Uranus: 30%
+10 production

Neptune: 25%
+5 to attack rolls

1 person per planet

Flag Post

Signs

1. kirby (Saturn)
2. gamma (Jupiter)
3. behemoth (Uranus (Language!)(the planet!) )
4. Underlord (Neptune)
5. Sirfwoody (Mars)
6. Arkenarken (Venus)
7. Linue (Mercury)

Reserve:
1. Wallfordking

Completely ignore these players: (I really wish I didn’t have to do this)
1. Gottereka

Flag Post

Saturn plz.

Flag Post

I’ll go with Jupiter.

Flag Post

Uranus!

Edit: Post Nº 500!

Flag Post

do the planets seem a bit unbalanced?

Flag Post

Well what does solar flare do?

Flag Post

decreases supplies

Flag Post

Neptune, please.

Flag Post

Planets are ok in my opinion. When does the game start?

Flag Post

Here, this should help you.

I mean, Venus: 0% chance of detection? It’s one of the closest planets to Earth!

Flag Post

mars

Flag Post

How do you “land” on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune? These are gas giants. Do you want them to land on the liquid metallic hydrogen mantles inside Jupiter and Saturn, and the liquid water-ammonia-methane mantles inside Uranus and Neptune? That hardly seems sensible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

How do you “land” on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune? These are gas giants. Do you want them to land on the liquid metallic hydrogen mantles inside Jupiter and Saturn, and the liquid water-ammonia-methane mantles inside Uranus and Neptune? That hardly seems sensible.

your upset because the forum game isnt realistic enough for you? your not required to participate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but of course its not realistic. Why would aliens want to attack us in the first place? We don’t have anything too special on our planet. Its just a game, so don’t hate on it for being a little unrealistic. :P

Flag Post

your upset

Implying that I’m upset.

the forum game isnt realistic enough for you?

Does it not make you uncomfortable when logic is blatantly thrown out of the window like this? Again, it seems hardly sensible to land on the liquid mantle of a gas giant. How did these aliens get assigned to a job as important as conquering Earth if they aren’t intelligent enough and/or logical enough and/or sensible enough to decide to not “land” on a gas giant without a really, really good reason?

your not required to participate.

Implying that I want to participate.

Why would aliens want to attack us in the first place? We don’t have anything too special on our planet.

Our planet supports intelligent life. More living space, more resources. That’s a logical enough reason to invade.

Its just a game, so don’t hate on it for being a little unrealistic.

If I hated the game, would I care enough to post here? I was just wondering if the GM realized the parts of his game that are unrealistic and, if so, whether he has any responses when they’re pointed out.

Flag Post

@BloodShadow You’re right on the hate part. (Though there are some people who do do stuff like that :P) and I guess it isn’t to bad to point it out. I thought you were being a bit aggressive towards the game but I guess not. Sorry for the misunderstanding. (I’m about to go to bed so goodnight Blood_Shadow)

Flag Post

Though there are some people who do do stuff like that :P

I had it happen to my game so I know what you mean. But in my case it’s probably because the asshole just likes provoking me personally.

I guess it isn’t to bad to point it out.

The GM doesn’t even have to justify it. He could just say “this is a game where logic and realism are blatantly thrown out of the window so just enjoy it for what it is”. Or he could try to justify it. I’m just curious to find out which of the two he’ll do, and thereby what kind of game this is.

Flag Post

Solar flares should knock out all electronics. And they should happen on Mars, not Mercury. Mars has no magnetosphere and is therefore far more vulnerable. And I’m guessing that the bases are really in orbit or something?

Flag Post

We cannot say most games follow logic and realism…

Flag Post

And I’m guessing that the bases are really in orbit or something?

But players apparently need to build various structures, which implies that the alien ships actually land on their respective planets. Hence the gas giants seem questionable.

Flag Post

Gamma is right, Blood_Shadow. Aliens would not have any reason to attack Earth. We have an inhabitable planet right next door, and they’d anyway not need to live on planets. They’d be using space habitats or something. Just enjoy it for what it is.
Except the landing on Jupiter part. He probably meant that you’d land on one of Jupiter’s 60-something moons. Or just put your ship into orbit.

Flag Post

Actually, there might be a reason for an invasion, but is not “intelligent” life. Is water. The water is rare in most planets. So is an extremelly valuabe resource. Probably aliens would try to destroy us to avoid its contamination.