Campaign Against Humanity (discussion/signup) page 2

53 posts

Flag Post

Besides, it could be that the alien species are advanced enough to space travel, but not advanced enough to terraform Mars or something. Then Earth is actually a planet that can already support life, and it’s entirely possible that aliens would want to take over our planet. That is, assuming that the aliens have physiologies that are at least remotely similar to ours.

Flag Post

Blood, have you considered that the aliens might be capable of surviving within the atmospheres of planets without solid ground, e.g. the gas giants of the Sol System? For all you know, they might have sealed facilities with rings filled with something that floats on stuff like liquid metal hydrogen, or something to that effect.

Flag Post

If they can easily survive by floating on the mantles of gas giants, it could mean two things: 1) they’re so technologically advanced that they shouldn’t even need to colonize Earth, or 2) their physiologies are so different from Earth organisms that they shouldn’t need to colonize Earth. If they can’t easily survive inside gas giants, then they shouldn’t be trying to survive inside gas giants in the first place without some really good reason.

Flag Post

Again, sealed facilities. They might be able to survive on the planet’s surface, or they might not; either way, a sealed facility would be better protection from the atmosphere outside than nothing at all. Especially so in Jupiter’s case, given the storms covering its surface.

Flag Post

Don’t nitpick with me, BC; you know what I meant. Survival means tool-assisted survival if necessary, for example sealed facilities. It depends on how easily they can do it, by any means necessary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

Here, this should help you.

I mean, Venus: 0% chance of detection? It’s one of the closest planets to Earth!

well yes but it is covered in gases and has like no probes

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Actually, there might be a reason for an invasion, but is not “intelligent” life. Is water. The water is rare in most planets. So is an extremelly valuabe resource. Probably aliens would try to destroy us to avoid its contamination.

hence the movie Ice Pirates

Flag Post

ok having read the heated discussion that happened I am making this the discussion thread

EDIT: I still need Bloodshadow and BC to choose planets if you guys want to join

Flag Post

No, I’m not joining. I’m just curious to hear what you have to say about “landing” on a gas giant. But apparently you’re ignoring me, so I guess I’m done here.

Flag Post

Ill ride some comet by the outer planets

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoodooWaterGuy:

Ill ride some comet by the outer planets

you must choose a planet I have listed

Flag Post

one person per planet

Flag Post

one person per planet

what does that have to do with you? there are still 2 planets available

Flag Post

Uranus then

Flag Post

Uranus then

that’s already taken

Flag Post

Earth.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:

Earth.

that is not an option because it is inhabited

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:

Earth.

that is not an option because it is inhabited

Who cares, I’m still taking it.

Flag Post

Heading to Mercury!
Lets take out those pesky humans.

Flag Post

what do we do?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

what do we do?

these are only the signups.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

If they can easily survive by floating on the mantles of gas giants, it could mean two things: 1) they’re so technologically advanced that they shouldn’t even need to colonize Earth, or 2) their physiologies are so different from Earth organisms that they shouldn’t need to colonize Earth. If they can’t easily survive inside gas giants, then they shouldn’t be trying to survive inside gas giants in the first place without some really good reason.

3) They are living beings that can fly/float/air swim/teleport/levitate and are able to breath most of the gases without dying.

Flag Post

Uh, excuse me? Water is NOT a rare resource. There are lots of crappy movies (and the occasional good one) about aliens attacking, but the truth is that Earth has nothing special. Comets are made of ice.
And anyway, if they can survive in gas giants it follows that they’d have no reason to attack Earth.

Flag Post

[Sign-Up]

Planet: Venus

Flag Post

And I’ll have the last one. Mercury.