The Resistance - Epilogue (Spies won 3-2) - Questions Without Answers page 8 (locked)

351 posts

Flag Post

[Oh god, I forgot I was Captain. Sorry. D=]

Captain: Felineforumer
On Deck: efar
Mission: 1
Team Member 1: Felineforumer
Team Member 2: Behemoth542
Team Member 3: devourer359

The only problem that people had was sirwoofy, so I replaced him with myself.

Flag Post

yippee

Flag Post
Originally posted by sirwoofy:

looks like the spies might have this one in the bag. regardless of what team is posted (if a team is posted) we have to accept the mission.

This was actually addressed in an xkcdian game…
Originally posted by webby:

The vote on this mission is a waste of time as any resistance member will accept or they are playing against their win condition (as they lose if this team is rejected). I meant to put it in the rules at the start that such a team will be automatically accepted.

I don’t know how I forgot about that.

Since we have the same situation here, I’ll give you the 48-hour deadline as usual, but you do not need to send in an accept/reject vote this time; only a Pass/Fail (Spies only).

Flag Post

First mission, it was 5 all after the restart so how come the spies are 2 nil up?

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

First mission, it was 5 all after the restart so how come the spies are 2 nil up?

noone has scored any points yet.

Flag Post

Rejects are not points.

Flag Post

The vote on this mission is a waste of time as any resistance member will accept or they are playing against their win condition

Once this happened in my gamer ring.
The spies voted reject to see if anyone else would, and I did to see what would happen.
It was freaking hilarious.

Flag Post

…how did I forget to update the deadline?

The three of you head for the laboratory, making excellent usage of your stealth techniques.

Mission dispositions: Pass, Pass, Pass

The guards don’t even notice that you’re watching them, and you’re able to map out their schedule with ease.

Mission 1 has been cleared! The Resistance has scored a point.

“Don’t rest on your laurels just yet; that was the easy part!"

Mission 2

“The reason I haven’t taken it from here is … this.”

“I tried to remotely activate a Protoss Observer dubbed the Citrine Eye, but with no luck; the guards changed the password on me, so I need you to head back to the lab and map out the area. From there, I should be able to tell you what areas to hack.”

M2 requires four people, captain is efar, myhome16 is on deck, deadline is 3/16, 5 PM, UTC-7.

Flag Post

so. i believe it would be safe to assume the 3 people from that mission are resistance. i can also tell you i am resistance. that leaves 2 players out of the other 6 that are also resistance and 4 are spies. i know you probably dont believe me but its the truth.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sirwoofy:

so. i believe it would be safe to assume the 3 people from that mission are resistance. i can also tell you i am resistance. that leaves 2 players out of the other 6 that are also resistance and 4 are spies. i know you probably dont believe me but its the truth.

Self-claiming you are resistance increases how suspicious you look.

Flag Post

For the record, I didn’t bother with prods for that last TPP because we had an auto-accept. If you think someone needs to be prodded, feel free to request it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

For the record, I didn’t bother with prods for that last TPP because we had an auto-accept. If you think someone needs to be prodded, feel free to request it.

Prod myhome16? :D

Flag Post

Looks like there myhome16 isn’t the only one I should prod.

Flag Post

just prod everyone. i have a pretty good strategy thought up and i can identify a couple spies and most of the resistance. i cant really share it though because everyone thinks i am a darn spy and they wouldnt believe me anyway. grrr.

Flag Post

Another round of sirens goes off as most of the players seem to have fallen asleep. Two of them don’t wake up, and are promptly replaced.

MansW1 has replaced efar.
AdeebNafees has replaced platypuses27.
doctorew, devourer359, FelineForumer, myhome16, hamuka, and walfordking have been prodded.

“There’s probably a better way to get the message across,” the host grumbles to himself.

I’ll extend the deadline if I must.

Flag Post

hello. let me see what is going on.

Flag Post

Ok then.
Captain: MansW1
On Deck: myhome16
Mission: 2
Team member 4:MansW1

Just copypastaing R1 results, and adding myself since its good for me either way. Not much to say.

Flag Post

EDWOP: oops gotta bold it
Captain: MansW1
On Deck: myhome16
Mission: 2
Team member 4:MansW1

Flag Post

EBWOP:
Just read this: might be screwed

Pretend one of the players on the team is a Spy and PM’d me this.

Mission 2 (Bluji, Bluji/Punisher106/GoldenSniper93/Woon1957): Accept/Fail
(You may explain your vote/disposion.)

Flag Post

You are not the cur Oh wait yes you are, that’s the one thing I forgot to update when posting the replacement info.

Uh, right then! The deadline for voting on this team will be 3/17, 9 PM, UTC-7.

Also, devourer359 asked me to replace him, so Jaskaran2000, come on down.

I AM NOW OUT OF REPLACEMENTS. Until someone else signs, I cannot replace anyone else, so please don’t go inactive on me.

Flag Post

Rejecting

Why: Is basically the same team we had plus MansW1, so we can only make clear the role of one person (unless at least one of the previous persons in the mission was a spy and let it pass). We should try with other people, so we can get all the spies uncovered.

Flag Post

[Behe]

Is basically the same team we had plus MansW1, so we can only make clear the role of one person (unless at least one of the previous persons in the mission was a spy and let it pass). We should try with other people, so we can get all the spies uncovered.

Now, this is an excessively stupid reason, imho. We want to gain 3 points first, we don’t want to figure out who the spies are, plus, since we already have 3 resistance members ensured, and I doubt mansw would put himself in the danger of being revealed as a spy, either way. We want to figure out at max 5 resistance members, not all the spies. Get that into your head, alright?

Now then, I have this suspicion that there was indeed, a spy on Mission 1. He passed the mission, my reasoning is as follows-

He would be a certified choice (most likely) for mission 4, which requires 2 spies to sabotage. Since that is the hardest mission, all he really has to do is make sure a spy gets in the other two missions, and a spy gets in the same mission 4, thus guaranteeing (could be 2 spies in mission 1 too, but I digress) a win for them.

Due to my above two reasons, I am yet unsure about whether I will be accepting or rejecting, it will probably be in my next post.

Flag Post

This is my first mafia game so im a bit new. I read a bit of strategy and saw games on xvcd.
There is a 5/6 chance there is a M1 spy.
If there is no M1 spy, there is 4/7 chance im a spy.
If there was a M1 spy, its probably going to float it.
If the entire team is townies (1/14), we can repeat for M3 for the win.
If there was a spy (13/14), I get flagged as scum, and there is at most 3 spies in the other 6 players.
If there was 2 spies, we have it better since the spies can’t coordinate and have to risk exposing 2 or floating M2.

Flag Post

[Mans]

How exactly have you gotten those numbers?

After considering it carefully, I have decided to

[Reject: Mission]

Flag Post

Numbers from xvcd resistence 3.5