Kongregate Survivor V2 - TOURNAMENT - Finals:Part 3 - Jumping Man

397 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for lock.

photo 5a085ccb-2bd8-426f-883c-cac3387a53bd_zps556d7b96.jpg

photo d852d37a-0da3-49b4-8b24-d30ec505d085_zps89599706.jpg

Flag Post

photo survivorsmall_zpsd633130f.jpg

Welcome to Kongregate Survivor V2! Outwit, outlast, and outgame your competition to be declared Kongregate’s sole survivor! This is a traditional gaming tournament themed around the game show Survivor.

Tournament Format

Kongregate Survivor V2 will (mostly) follow the format of a “standard” game of Survivor. If you are unfamiliar with the show please refer to the link above. Essentially, the game will be split into two parts. The first half of the game will be done in two teams. Every three days a competition will take place and the losing team will be forced to vote one of their fellow team mates out of the tourney (Tribal Council).

Eventually the teams will be merged into one group and the process begins again. Once 3-5 players remain in the game the finale will occur and the new Kongregate sole survivor will be crowned!

Rules

• Each round will be split into one 48 hour immunity challenge phase, and one 24 hour voting phase (details to follow)

• An additional, optional game may take place during some of the voting phases.

• Only 16 players will qualify for the first round. Due to the small competitor base, activity will be expected. If you don’t post a score for the first round, you will be replaced by the next highest qualifier.

• Competitors will be arranged into tribes based on their position in the qualifying round. The top scoring player will be on one tribe with the second highest scoring player going to the other tribe. The process continues down the rankings to fill the entire roster.

• As with all other Kongregate tournaments, cheating will result in expulsion from the tournament and possible barring from future tournaments. If you suspect a player of cheating please PM me.

• Eligible screenshots must include: A visible green/yellow plug, the today score tab, and your username. (As per tournament standards). If this is inapplicable, screenshots instructions will be provided with the round.

•  photo exampless_zpsfa525ebe.png
  • Expect a few twists and turns to take place at random times throughout the competition. ;)

• Voting Procedure

As stated above, voting will be a major component in this tournament. Every round (except the qualifier and final) will have a voting phase.

• Votes will be anonymous and are to be cast through Kongregate’s private message system. Do NOT leave shouts on my profile to cast your vote.
    • To send a PM to my account the following link can be used: Linkeh
    • Alternatively, you can click the “Private Message” button on my profile page. It is to the right of my avatar, next to the friend button.
  • You can vote multiple times during the voting phase if you wish. The last vote cast prior to the deadline will be the one counted.
  • Voting is a requirement of this tournament. If you or your tribe is involved in the round’s voting phase you MUST vote. A non-vote will be counted as a vote against one’s self. Multiple non-votes may result in further actions, including tournament expulsion.
  • During the pre-merge portion of the competition, only the losing tribe will be required to vote a member off. However, the top scoring 33% of the tribe (rounded down to the nearest whole person) [i.e. 1.99 → 1] is ineligible to be
    voted for. Henceforth, know as immunity.
  • The 33% immunity rule will be in effect post-merge as well.
  • Unlike actual survivor, there will be no votes cast for a winner. Once the final round is upon us, the winner will be determined solely by game performance.
  • Any votes resulting in ties will result in a random draw between the tied parties to determine elimination.
  • Feel free to strategically lie, form alliances, and do whatever it takes to get to the end!

• That’s about it. If you have any questions, feel free to address them in the thread.

Good luck, and may the best kongregator survive!

(Credit to InfiniteHunter for the Kongregate Survivor logo. I am terrible with MS Paint and extrememly lazy. So, thank you InfiniteHunter.)

Flag Post

Qualifier: Skullface

photo skullface_zps30124aab.jpg

The goal of the qualifying round will be to get the lowest possible Chapter 1 time on Skullface

The top 16 times will advance to Round 1.

This is intended to be much more competitive than the average qualifier due to the low amount of progressing players. I also realize that some people may take issue with the game saving previous scores. If 4 people request a game change within the first 24 hours of the qualifier, the game will be changed. This will not be a rule for every round, but I would like the qualifier to be as fun and fair as possible.

The qualifier will end on March 2, 2013 at 12 PM PST .

Spreadsheet

Please PM if you are interested in spreadsheeting. The help will be appreciated.

While you are tournamenting around and stuff, you should probably check out Lou’s qualifier that is going on right now.

Flag Post

Let me start this.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Please have today’s highscores tab visible in the screenshot Pulsaris. :)

Flag Post
    Originally posted by travman301:

Please have today’s highscores tab visible in the screenshot Pulsaris. :)

edited

Flag Post

Because Skullface is totally a survival-type game.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by racefan12:

Because Skullface is totally a survival-type game.

The survivor theme is carried out through the format rather than the games themselves racenub.

Flag Post

is everyone allowed to participate in the qualifying round? because i would like to. also how do i post a screenshot properly?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by sirwoofy:

is everyone allowed to participate in the qualifying round? because i would like to. also how do i post a screenshot properly?

Of course everyone is allowed to participate in the qualifier. :)

You will want to play through the first chapter of skullface and then hit the achievement tab. Under that tab you can hit “high scores”. From there click the today tab and make sure that it shows your username and green plug like in the example screenshot.

If you are on a windows computer you have to hit the print screen button and then paste the image into paint. Then you can upload it to a photo hosting website like photobucket or tinypic, etc.

I wasn’t sure what you wanted to know precisely, so I hope that covers everything.

Flag Post

Load, and blam.

Credits to Toat.

Oh, and sirwoofy, feel free to participate in this game. How about we have a little talk in the corner? ;)

Flag Post

Improved to up the ante.

Flag Post

Use www.imgur.com and choose upload from web. Try pasting it there.

Flag Post

Originally posted by Benjie007:

it is telling me that type of file is not supported.

as much as i would love to participate i seem to be unable to post screen shots. i am on the high scores with a time of 137:30 though.

Press print screen, go to uploadscreenshot.com, and press paste.

Flag Post

Update:

it is telling me that type of file is not supported.

as much as i would love to participate i seem to be unable to post screen shots. i am on the high scores with a time of 137:30 though.

I can only suggest you try it again.

Flag Post

Flag Post

ok i got it. finally.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Put exclamation marks around the link. Image codes don’t work here.

Flag Post

Paste your imgur link in the ‘your link here’ bit.

Flag Post

Paste your imgur link in the ‘your link here’ bit.

ty benji. i had to do this using the direct link for layout to get it to work. i appreciate all of the help and patience.

i didnt know whether i should post a new image when i updated my score or edit my old one so since i have so many posts about screenshots already i just edited.

Flag Post

OH MAH GAWD, IT’S SKULLFAIC.

Not sure how much attention I’ll pay to this tourney, and I probably wouldn’t have joined in the first place, but… SKULLFAIC <3333

Flag Post

reserved for when i get the time.