Kongregate Survivor V2 - TOURNAMENT - Finals:Part 3 - Jumping Man page 15

397 posts

Flag Post

Alright this is what we are going to do. Tournament will be paused for 24 hours.

Conditional upon SS agreeing upon another rematch, you will each both pick a game of your choice that either has kongregate api or mochi scoreboards.

From there, you each play both games. The winner will be determined by the following:

Lou’s game will be scored as: Lou’s score/SS score
SS game will be scored as SS score/Lou’s score

We will add the two together and whoever has the higher overall score will be the duel winner. I realize that that setup favors games that have massive differentials in scoring. Deal with it and find a game you are good at that takes advantage of that.

You have until 12 PM (noon) tomorrow to pick your games (and for SS to accept these terms), and then the 12 hours following that time to post scores.

If lou wins, he regains his spot and immunity. Woon loses immunity.

If SS wins, things stay the same.

All other ties will be dealt with via RNG. Please stop hating me. ;_;

Flag Post

So, um… Why don’t we just have a revote like they do in the real Survivor?

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

So, um… Why don’t we just have a revote like they do in the real Survivor?

When I was conceptualizing the tourney I was thinking about doing it like that, but

1. I didn’t want to have to extend voting phases (lol) to do it.

2. I figured that it could just retie and it would be random anyways.

So I figured, hey lets just cut out the middleman.

Flag Post

Sand won. Fair & square this time. A bit more time to get a score would have been nice, but whatever. Thanks for the (mostly) fun competition trav.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Sand won. Fair & square this time. A bit more time to get a score would have been nice, but whatever. Thanks for the (mostly) fun competition trav.

Sorry to see you go Lou!

Tribal council will continue as normal.

Final Tribal Council

Woon is immune from the vote.

-The final tribal council will end April 3 at 12 AM (midnight).

Reminder: This is the last time to play the hidden immunity idol.

Flag Post

The final tribal council has now ended!

The votes are as follows:

Lighnat0r – 1

Benjie007 – 4

Benjie007 has been eliminated :(

Congrats on making it to the finals guys!

Flag Post

So who had the idol?

Flag Post

Finals: Part 1 Super Tiny Leap

photo tiny_zps63baf4ad.png

The finals will be split into three parts. Each part will take place over 24 hours. Player’s will receive cumulative scores for all games. The player who comes in first place for each game will receive 1 full point for it. The other players will receive a fraction of 1 point corresponding to their scores/the #1 players score.

During the first two parts, the player in the lowest scoring position will also be automatically eliminated.

The goal of the first final game will be to get the higest jump possible in Super Tiny Leap.

Finals:Part 1 will end on April 5, 2013 at 12 PM PST (Noon) .

Spreadsheet

Congrats again guys!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

So who had the idol?

Wii had the idol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by travman301:
Originally posted by SilentSand:

So who had the idol?

Wii had the idol.

Which wasn’t really that hard to figure out, since he had the best score in the idol challenge. Kong high-scores kinda ruined the secret in that respect. Not that Wii was ever in danger of getting eliminated C:

Flag Post

Benjie007 has been eliminated :(

Woon, I blame you for this. Anyway, good luck finalists!

Flag Post

Oooooooh so close to Woon

Flag Post

Well there is no way in hell I am going to make it to midnight tonight, so I am going to end the round tomorrow at 12 PM (noon) instead. 12 hour extension! More time for you guys to practice, aye?

Flag Post

Well there is no way in hell I am going to make it to midnight tonight, so I am going to end the round tomorrow at 12 PM (noon) instead. 12 hour extension! More time for you guys to practice, aye?

Flag Post

Also rather close.

Flag Post

Let’s do this!

BTW, has anyone actually managed to master the awful collision system? Or do you try to work around it and hope for the best like I did? I usually die before even reaching 5000…

Flag Post

Flag Post

Probably won’t get a better score, too much collegework to do within the time that was given.

Flag Post

Ooooh Woon forgot to post her score. :o

Flag Post

Woon has been eliminated

Next part up soon.

Flag Post

Finals: Part 2 Paranormal Shark Activity

photo Shark_zps794cb28e.png

The goal of the second game in the finals will be to get the highest possible score in Paranormal Shark Activity.

The person with the lowest score will be eliminated. I decided that 36 hours are more suitable for these final rounds.

Finals:Part 2 will end on April 7, 2013 at 12 AM PST (Midnight) .

Spreadsheet

Cumulative scores:

Wiiplayer113 – 1

Lighnat0r – 0.947

SilentSand – 0.841

Edit: For some reason, the spreadsheet doesn’t accept .947 as a number. It rounds it to 1. So no cumulative scores on the spreadsheet unless one of the spreadsheeters can figure it out.

Double Edit: Lou is awesome.

Flag Post

Can we have a game change?
In this game, getting a high combo leads to getting a high score. When factors such as randomly getting knocked off your block and grass that takes too long to get off of that you get forced in the water destroying your combo, luck becomes a big factor in this game. Also, the shark deciding to take up 80% of the screen to kill me is also annoying. So, game change please?

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Can we have a game change?
In this game, getting a high combo leads to getting a high score. When factors such as randomly getting knocked off your block and grass that takes too long to get off of that you get forced in the water destroying your combo, luck becomes a big factor in this game. Also, the shark deciding to take up 80% of the screen to kill me is also annoying. So, game change please?

While a high combo leads to getting a high score, it’s not impossible to get a half-decent score without ridiculous combo’s. I got the score below without combo’s higher than ~50, which is easily reachable. The shark has pretty predictable patterns, while some can be annoying, it’s far less random than Super Tiny Leap’s spike patterns.
Grass doesn’t have to be avoided if you set it up right (again strategy, not luck-based). The block pattern seems to be random, but not more so than the powerups/spikes in STL.
Overall I’d say STL way more luck based than this game. Sure, a run in this game will take longer than in STL, but still more than reasonable especially considering that these are the finals.
The only problem with this game is that given enough time to optimize strategy (i.e. not 36 hours but more in the range of a week) it will become infiniwhory.

TL;DR While there are some situations in which you’ll have to abandon your combo, this is by no means the end of teh urn, unlike STL.

BTW, I’ve changed the final scores in the spreadsheet to calculate the actual formula instead of just having the numbers. It doesn’t change anything, but it’s more accurate (still shows the same numbers, but it now knows the exact number).

Flag Post

Takes really long to get a score.