[RP] Medieval Adventure (locked)

59 posts

Flag Post

I locked this game thread because i realised that im not really ready to take on such a game thread, not right now. I have been encountering alot of problems at home and its in my best interest to stop this thread.
I might resurrect this adventure (all the stories i have been working on have been saved on a document on my computer) or make a newer better thread in the future.

Sorry i had to stop the thread soo shortly, i have saved all the information here BTW so if i make a new thread in the future or resurrect it somehow you can just pick up from were we left off here.

Thanks for participating, see you guys later.

Flag Post

I expected this to be some newb spam topic that was going to get locked soon because of the title mispellings, but then I saw the huge wall of text. Meh … the title throws this topic off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

I expected this to be some newb spam topic that was going to get locked soon because of the title mispellings, but then I saw the huge wall of text. Meh … the title throws this topic off.

what would be more accurate?

Flag Post

Yes, I do agree that the title does mislead. =/

The lack of capitals mostly, but also a catchiness. Other roleplaying games tend to have a (RP) or [RP] before the title to specify it is a roleplaying game and a catchy title with capitals.

Also, if anyone else is interested in this, I will join. =3

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

Yes, I do agree that the title does mislead. =/

The lack of capitals mostly, but also a catchiness. Other roleplaying games tend to have a (RP) or [RP] before the title to specify it is a roleplaying game and a catchy title with capitals.

Also, if anyone else is interested in this, I will join. =3

name gender profession hobby
and any other details
oh and uh at least read the rules
i did make a summarised TL;DR version of them if you dont want to look at that hideous beast of a post

you characters profession and hobby decides his past and i decide their future. You pick the profession and the hobby from a list.
you may make your own profession but dont go crazy, this needs to be the beginning of your journey
Your character can die like people die in real life so don’t roll in recklessly or i will destroy you.

Flag Post

Try this title:
[RP] Medieval Ages

or

Medieval Warfare [RP]

Flag Post

All right then. How’s this?
Name: John Lithen
Profession: Traveling Musician (Starts with a Musical instrument, a few coins and a book full of music.)
Hobby: Bard
Other: Has Brown Hair and Brown eyes. Wears a Green Cloak over regular clothes. His instrument of choice is a Trumpet. Cannot stand seeing cute things die. EDIT-Keeps a dagger on hand just in case of trouble.

Flag Post
Originally posted by overfrost:

All right then. How’s this?
Name: John Lithen
Profession: Traveling Musician (Starts with a Musical instrument, a few coins and a book full of music.)
Hobby: Bard
Other: Has Brown Hair and wears a Green Cloak over regular clothes. His instrument of choice is a Trumpet. Cannot stand seeing cute things die.

you should tell me everything you have on you
anything could be useful

here

(You all start at a crossroads in a local forest, you cannot head back the road you are currently on.)

The first road leads to the north, a long road that supposedly leads to barbarian country. You’ve heard alot of bad rumors about them, that fathers marry their daughters and people eat each-other. Although you are sure that is not true you would not like to find out for yourself.

The second road leads to the east, a road that visits a kingdom influenced town but leads further into a neutral country ruled by a very religious faction known as The Zealous who is supposedly being led by the gods themselves.

The third road leads to the south, a very short road that leads to a port town that has tradeships that travel all across the Mediterranean sea. You heard that your kingdoms rebels are attempting to infiltrate the city and cause a riot but you know that town is very well guarded as it is very important to your kingdom.

which road do you take?

Flag Post

Once again, the title is not appealing.
Copy this exactly:

[RP] Medieval Adventure

Flag Post

This… while I am not interested, explains the situation involving my games rather clearly. Take this as a compliment, ok?

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

This… while I am not interested, explains the situation involving my games rather clearly. Take this as a compliment, ok?

you want me to explain what i am asking you to do?

just make a name
pick or make a profession (backstory that explains any possible skills you may have) and a hobby (what your character used to do in his spare time, to show us what other skills you may have or what you know how to do).

Its important that you start out as kind of a blank slate, a new person ready to experience new things, if you start out already knowing alot about what you are doing and already a colorful character then as a story we pretty much missed the first half of you development i dont know much about you like what you own, who you know, what your family does, this kind of information is really important in giving a good story.

when you are done describing your character (who must be human) you start off here

(You all start at a crossroads in a local forest, you cannot head back the road you are currently on.)

The first road leads to the north, a long road that supposedly leads to barbarian country. You’ve heard alot of bad rumors about them, that fathers marry their daughters and people eat each-other. Although you are sure that is not true you would not like to find out for yourself.

The second road leads to the east, a road that visits a kingdom influenced town but leads further into a neutral country ruled by a very religious faction known as The Zealous who is supposedly being led by the gods themselves.

The third road leads to the south, a very short road that leads to a port town that has tradeships that travel all across the Mediterranean sea. You heard that your kingdoms rebels are attempting to infiltrate the city and cause a riot but you know that town is very well guarded as it is very important to your kingdom.

which road do you take?

Flag Post

no, just commenting on here. but thanks.

Flag Post

So this actually look quite good. I’d like to sign, but I’d first like to ask whether we’re allowed to design and detail our own professions and hobbies for our characters. I assume we are, but better safe than sorry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

So this actually look quite good. I’d like to sign, but I’d first like to ask whether we’re allowed to design and detail our own professions and hobbies for our characters. I assume we are, but better safe than sorry.

yes

Flag Post

Name: Daniel Sauber
Profession: Doctor (Starts with a vial of healing potion, a Sharp Small Blade, and a book on the anatomy.)
Hobby: Magician
Other: Has brown-blonde hair and dons a blue cloth outfit. Very pacifistic.

Flag Post

Name Camilla Sawyer

Age 23

Gender Female

Profession Entertainer (actor, comedian, etc.)

Hobby Criminal

Other Has only a double-edged sword that comes very handy when she has to defend herself from the pursuing soldiers. Camilla dons a tattered long-sleeve shirt, vest, pants, and boots that make it easy for her to run and/or fight.

[I’ll take the first road.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kipdon:

Name: Daniel Sauber
Profession: Doctor (Starts with a vial of healing potion, a Sharp Small Blade, and a book on the anatomy.)
Hobby: Magician
Other: Has brown-blonde hair and dons a blue cloth outfit. Very pacifistic.

here

which road do you take?

Flag Post

I’ll head down the third road.

Flag Post

Name: Henry Saut
Profession: Farmer: Over the years of helping out on his family’s farm he managed to take over. However, when he couldn’t make ends meet due to a local drought he had to sell off the farm and search for work elsewhere.
Hobby: Magician – mostly miscellaneous support magic and a bit of fire/ice magic (Normally used to help him cook food, but can be used as a weapon.)
Other: Hardworking and friendly he wants to change the world for the better. Normally he searches for work, hoping to do good where ever he can. He carries a few kitchen supplies on him. He wears simple clothes, nothing fancy. He has dark brown hair and is about 5’ 10" with tan skin. (natural tan)

Flag Post
Originally posted by vixenated:

click here to return to the original post

Its been a few days on the road to the north. You are at least 1/6 of the way down the road to the nearest “barbaric” settlement. Very little people from your kingdom go this far north to the barbarian lands, and none have visited a settlement and returned to tell about it. You try to remain positive about your journey though. You are no fool, you know what it takes to survive on your own. Your intuition with danger and cunning with a blade will give you an advantage no other poor vagabond or unarmed merchant ever had on this path to the north. But without armor you will have to pick your fights carefully, Cloth and leather has never saved anyone from an arrow or a sword.

on the third night during dusk, while you were preparing yourself to sleep under the stars you hear an alarming and distant sound. To the west of the road, downhill you hear the whooping and feral cries of excited men. You quickly stand to guess their distance. They seem to be about half or three quarters of a mile downhill, probably where the river that this slope leads to. If they head uphill towards the road they could find you. You don’t know anything about these men or what their intentions are but you are sure they are not good.

What do you do

Flag Post

I’ll take the first road as well. (Barbaric land here I come.)

Flag Post

Camilla

“This is a nice area… I should not have to leave.”

But there was no other option. It was either stay here and die fighting, or relocate to a safer spot. Maybe if the group had been smaller I may have had a chance, but not this time. A skilled fighter knew when to retreat for their own safety. I wasn’t running away, I was surviving.

But then it hit me. There were trees all around. I could easily climb up close to the top and hide until the strangers were gone. Yes, that could work. Not giving myself enough time to second-guess my plan, I climb up the tree and find a sturdy branch to sit upon. All the leaves made me nearly invisible, and there was no way in hell they could tell I was up here once I got comfortable and stayed still as a statue.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vixenated:

Camilla

“This is a nice area… I should not have to leave.”

But there was no other option. It was either stay here and die fighting, or relocate to a safer spot. Maybe if the group had been smaller I may have had a chance, but not this time. A skilled fighter knew when to retreat for their own safety. I wasn’t running away, I was surviving.

But then it hit me. There were trees all around. I could easily climb up close to the top and hide until the strangers were gone. Yes, that could work. Not giving myself enough time to second-guess my plan, I climb up the tree and find a sturdy branch to sit upon. All the leaves made me nearly invisible, and there was no way in hell they could tell I was up here once I got comfortable and stayed still as a statue.

The group of of men walked towards the road frighteningly close to where you once where, you can barely see them through all the leaves around you but you can see enough. The men were laughing and gloating about their recent catch. The group of about six or more men had killed and taken an entire clan of very large wolves. They were dragging about two to three wolves per man from ropes tied to the wolves ankles, most of the wolves are covered in blood and some you could hear were still alive.

You consider the possibility of following them and killing them in their sleep but you notice that these men were very strong and tall, some carrying animal corpses over their shoulders and all equipped with bows and crude weapons. You couldn’t possibly take them all on your own, even in the night. They at least didn’t have any armor, they all wore mainly animal skins, some even had cloth pants but they were worn and torn. They continue on the road in the same direction you are headed but head off slightly north east of the road, probably towards their home or camp.

The men seem to be too strange to be bandits but they showed absolutely no mercy to the wolves they killed. If they were headed straight for their home its likely that you may see them again in the next few days even if you stayed on the road.

what do you do? (night time day 3)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

click here to see the original post

After six days on the road to the north your journey is going well, you are at least a third of the way to the nearest northern settlement. You kept yourself well fed by using your magic to freeze fish in a local river downhill from the road and saving them in your handy shoulder bag. You use your magic to keep them cold and preserved so that you do not have to eat them right away or dry them to preserve them and used your fire magic to cook them whenever it was convenient.

On your seventh day on the road at night an animal apparently foraged through your backpack and stole some of the fish you had, it also ripped the strap of you shoulder bag, making it impossible to carry over you shoulder any-more without repairing the bag somehow. But you don’t have any tailoring equipment or skills, everything in the bag (like your cooking equipment) seems fine and you still have three frozen fish but if you want to keep the bag your going to have to carry it in your arms which will slow you down and exhaust your arms.

What do you do. (morning day 8)

Flag Post

Daniel Sauber
I take the second path, knowing full well that my skills would be much more suited to a civilized area with many others about.