Your Tale 2(CYOP) page 2 (locked)

130 posts

Flag Post

B the shrine might be protected by gods (this is an RPG anything can happen)

 
Flag Post

You draw your dagger and kick in the door of the hovel. Inside is a woman and her child. You clutch your dagger but something stops you. The image of a mother and her son speaks to something deep in your being. You’re just here for the gold. Your fighting arm grows weak. You never signed up to kill innocents. What do you do?

A. Steal something and walk out, so no one else checks that hut.

B. Kill them both.

 
Flag Post

A.) We don’t need mindless bloodshed.

 
Flag Post

A

 
Flag Post

I love murder B

 
Flag Post

You kick around the hut, looking for something of value. You find a bag of strange seeds. You tie the bag to your belt and leave the house.

You look around the town and see someone on the edge of the nearby forest. The feminine figure turns toward you and you see her face. She is a girl around your age(I have neglected to include that this year is your 18th spring.) She flees into the dark woods. You are reminded of a tiny voice in the back of your head, and the thoughts that danced in the back of your mind when you saw a woman walking alone in the night. You also see the standing stones again. Perhaps this has been too much action for one day. The ship is just over on the beach, waiting for your return.

A. Chase the girl into the woods.

B. Rob the shrine.

C. Go back to the ship and rest.

 
Flag Post

A rape time!

 
Flag Post

A) The girl might be significant and know something, and if not, we can rest. (Not with her, on the ship.)

 
Flag Post

C) She’s been through enough.

 
Flag Post

c

 
Flag Post

c) Actually, let her go. =/

 
Flag Post

You decide not to go off into the woods. They are dangerous and the girl has been through enough. The shrine seems pretty risky as well. You head off toward the ship. You pass a demonstration that you thought was just a rumor.(This was an actual practice from the time of vikings.) The veteran vikings don’t bother with the fleeing womenfolk. The surrendering men are lined up in a central area and raped. You hurry back to the ship. Before long you are underway again.

The next morning men compare loot. Your crewmates show bits of jewelry they looted from corpses. You show them the seeds and they all agree that’s a fine thing to take on a single raid. The ship soon begins to slow, and you see why. There is a strange cave surrounded by sharp rocks and shallow water. The veterans agree it may hold mermaids or havsras. The younger vikings seem eager to explore it, but the veterans don’t want to see any magical creatures. The veterans decide that any man who wants to go explore it will have to swim. One brave man decides to make a point of swimming out. Some of his friends follow. What will you do?

A. Stay with the veteran raiders. You don’t like the look of this place.

B. Stay, waiting for a better way to get into the cave.

C. Swim over.

 
Flag Post

B, I think that a sea monster will pop up soon

 
Flag Post

A)

 
Flag Post

B.) Swimming might be dangerous.

 
Flag Post

A) Staying with protection and support is good. And it gives a chill down my back

 
Flag Post

You wait onboard with mixed motives. A few minutes after the men swim in to the cave, there is screaming. One man flies out of the cave, skipping like a rock across the water. They pull him onto the deck, but it is for naught. His body is twisted and broken. He lets out a single word with his last breath. “Trolls”

The ship lists and makes for the cave. Trolls are no small matter. Some men charge into the cave, across rocks slimy with algae. The others stay behind to watch the ship.

A. Charge in with bow and dagger at the ready!

B. Carefully navigate the rocks and shoot into the cave for support.

C. Stay on the ship.

 
Flag Post

B.) It seems like the best choice to me.

 
Flag Post

B.

 
Flag Post

B. Let the farmer navigate!

 
Flag Post

b

 
Flag Post

B

 
Flag Post

The men who stay are the ever-cursed argr. They follow any suitable leader, but rarely make their own decisions. You easily remind the weak garrison of the stag you killed for the crew, and your trophy wolf. They take up their bows and sail at your command.

You maneuver the ship to fire into the cave, and lead the archers. Huge lumbering figures fight men in the gloom. Arrows bounce off of them like so many pebbles. You stare deeply into the cave and see that each figure has tiny points of light glinting in their head. The figures are all different, with as many as 4 eyes to as few as 1. You shout a very bold command now, “Their armor is to thick! Aim for their eyes!”

The fire is more concentrated now, and arrows are picking away at the trolls’ heads. You manage to loose one arrow straight into an eye. The creature falls dead. Your archers cheer!

The battle is done and the trolls’ hoard is set upon. You have no use for swords and axes, but you manage to find a very nice dagger. It bears no jewels, but the hilt is adorned with woven steel. You also look at jewelry. Most troll jewelry is cursed or otherwise magical. You pass up on many strange symbols on shining chains. Finally you find something you might take a chance on. It is a small, rusted iron chain. It would fit easily over your bracers, and wouldn’t make a sound as you drew your bow. You also find a warhorn. It is small; too small to be from any magical creature you’ve ever heard of. You guess it is safe. But you will be with this crew for a few more moons. You may not want to seem greedy early on.

A. Take the dagger

B. Take the chain

C. Take the horn

D. Take 2 of the above.

E. Take all of it. The crew can think what they wish.

 
Flag Post

C

 
Flag Post

C