Choose Your Own Adventure page 2 (locked)

38 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

Um, to save work and actually get posts, maybye you should leave it up the players to “Choose” their own path?
Actuallyjust read the first post, but seriously delete all of that, and make one post of one scene, then we choose the rest. We don’t need this super long beginning “CYOP

Either method would have the story retain the same length. Players do choose their own path. You simply click on whatever option you want. The only difference between my method and yours is that I’m allowing people to simply click on a link that directs them to the correct chapter, while they would have to hunt it down in yours.

 
Flag Post

my adventure is to DESTROY ALL LIVING MEMBERS OF KONG

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

Um, to save work and actually get posts, maybye you should leave it up the players to “Choose” their own path?
Actuallyjust read the first post, but seriously delete all of that, and make one post of one scene, then we choose the rest. We don’t need this super long beginning “CYOP

Either method would have the story retain the same length. Players do choose their own path. You simply click on whatever option you want. The only difference between my method and yours is that I’m allowing people to simply click on a link that directs them to the correct chapter, while they would have to hunt it down in yours.

That’s not how Forum Games work?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TailsChao99:
Originally posted by michaelan:
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

Um, to save work and actually get posts, maybye you should leave it up the players to “Choose” their own path?
Actuallyjust read the first post, but seriously delete all of that, and make one post of one scene, then we choose the rest. We don’t need this super long beginning “CYOP

Either method would have the story retain the same length. Players do choose their own path. You simply click on whatever option you want. The only difference between my method and yours is that I’m allowing people to simply click on a link that directs them to the correct chapter, while they would have to hunt it down in yours.

That’s not how Forum Games work?

Please explain how a choose your own adventure game in a forum is not a forum game.

 
Flag Post
Please explain how a choose your own adventure game in a forum is not a forum game.

You see, this is how a CYOA game works.

OP: You wake up in a pyramid. There’s three paths. What will you do?
P1: Go to the first path.
P2: Call for help.
P3: Go in one of the paths.
OP: You go in the first path. There’s a huge cobra. What will you do?
P4: Find the nearest weapon and kill it!

Anyways, that’s how it works.
Not click on links and do nothing else.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TailsChao99:
Please explain how a choose your own adventure game in a forum is not a forum game.

You see, this is how a CYOA game works.

OP: You wake up in a pyramid. There’s three paths. What will you do?
P1: Go to the first path.
P2: Call for help.
P3: Go in one of the paths.
OP: You go in the first path. There’s a huge cobra. What will you do?
P4: Find the nearest weapon and kill it!

Anyways, that’s how it works.
Not click on links and do nothing else.

The above is exactly what this thread entails. It says:
OP: You see a man.
P1: Run away
P2: Talk to him

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

The above is exactly what this thread entails. It says:
OP: You see a man.
P1: Run away
P2: Talk to him

No.
P is player.
OP is the original poster.
The players have to post what they do, and not click on links.

 
Flag Post

Yes, otherwise, there is no participation. The players need to get involved.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

Just post the action that you chose, and I’ll try to write it as soon as I can.

Learn to read. The links are simply for repeated action. Every new action requires a post.

 
Flag Post

choose volunteer as assassin

 
Flag Post

michaelan, you are doing what Choose Your Own Adventure books do, and I understand that, but this is Forum Games. =/

The community likes to get involved and choose their own path for the story to progress down as a majority, not totally predetermined paths like in the books.
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

michaelan, you are doing what Choose Your Own Adventure books do, and I understand that, but this is Forum Games. =/

The community likes to get involved and choose their own path for the story to progress down as a majority, not totally predetermined paths like in the books.

Slothman is currently running a pre-determined one too, that is acceptable as a forum game.


[Tails]

You see, this is how a CYOA game works.

That’s a CYOP, CYOA has variable options which are given to you. It’s not WDYD in CYOAs, its “which option do you choose?”


There is no player interaction via posting, which is essentially what this forum is supposed to be, I’d think this would be more suitable in The Arts or General Gaming. You would undoubtedly complete the writing even without posts. Which rises a new point, CYOA games in this forum have only been a single path, however, you have gone with other paths also possible. In the end, this does not fit as a forum game, and this thread should be moved to another forum.


Also, I am against-thread, if that wasn’t clear already, just pointing out some flaws in people’s logic.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

michaelan, you are doing what Choose Your Own Adventure books do, and I understand that, but this is Forum Games. =/

The community likes to get involved and choose their own path for the story to progress down as a majority, not totally predetermined paths like in the books.

I feel like some people are missing the point. My thread is identical to Slothman’s, except for one aspect: repetition. As people will undoubtedly read faster than I can write, the reader must post the option they choose, and I’ll work on writing that choice next. However, another reader won’t be forced to take the same option as the previous reader and can choose a different one. Unless someone is reading the story after I’ve already finished it, they won’t come across any predetermined paths.



Anyways, I see my mistake. Gonna lock this and might move it to yet another forum.