Dev's FGF Tutorials (locked)

32 posts

Flag Post

R4L

This post is not a game, but a training manual for people to understand even the most complicated fgf systems. By the time you learned all the lessons I would have to offer, it’s likely you could play some of the most complicated games out there.

But on that, the next post will be the first lesson.

Flag Post

Mechanics 101:

As a rule of thumb, there are several variants for gaming mechanics.

Base, which simply thows in virtually nothing save the game itself. One example of that would be This or that, or perhaps picture wars. Put simply, no internal mechanics.

Tactical is the next. In this one, math skills are advisable, with definite formulas and point values. While quite understandable, it’s often very limited due to its ‘numbers’ basis. As an example of such, warcards would be a prime sample.

Then… probably the most complicated of all – Intrinsic. Intrinsic systems requre a profound sense of ‘standards’ that cannot be explained, but felt. For example, rating games and thereabouts.

On that, today’s lesson is over.

Flag Post

lol Developous trying to teach people about forum games. A case of the blind leading the blind if i’ve ever seen one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slothman400:

lol Developous trying to teach people about forum games. A case of the blind leading the blind if i’ve ever seen one.

I’m wondering when the people will gain enough sense to create a successfull intrinsic game.

Flag Post

I laughed.

Flag Post

Rating games are against the rules in these forums, dev. But here are some rating just for you.

Rate how angry I am at you because you blame you behavior on being a christian, 8/10.

Rate how annoyed I am at you saying you don’t discuss religion despite you trying to reason that your behavior was because you were a christian, 11/10.

Rate how enraged I am you would blame your behavior on a disorder that affects me, and should be no excuse for rude behavior, nor the attempts of subjugation against our believes, 13497/10.

Flag Post

What would Ather City be classified as?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

What would Ather City be classified as?

Link, please.

Originally posted by FelineForumer:

Rating games are against the rules in these forums, dev. But here are some rating just for you.

Rate how angry I am at you because you blame you behavior on being a christian, 8/10.

Rate how annoyed I am at you saying you don’t discuss religion despite you trying to reason that your behavior was because you were a christian, 11/10.

Rate how enraged I am you would blame your behavior on a disorder that affects me, and should be no excuse for rude behavior, nor the attempts of subjugation against our believes, 13497/10.

There are plenty of other options for intrinsic games than that.

Flag Post

Main thread

Signups are linked to in the main thread.

Flag Post

Main thread

Signups are linked to in the main thread.

Semi-Tactical. It has the workings of a mechanics system, but its more rp oriented.

Flag Post

This is seriously hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. FGFs most hated troll teaching newbies how to not be hated (by knowing their shit). Oh my god the irony.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

This is seriously hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. FGFs most hated troll teaching newbies how to not be hated (by knowing their shit). Oh my god the irony.

One of my natures is knowledge. Live with it. But its subjective.
And I am dead serious about these lessons. Feel free to discuss which divisions certain games may fall under.

Flag Post

Everyone, notice that this soapbox is not a game. It appears to be a loophole – can’t lock it on account of it being another game.

Let’s just let him have this single thread, come over to have a laugh or ‘learn’ something, and as long as he doesn’t make more for the next few days it’s gonna be fine.

but its more rp oriented.

Is there a classification for a purely RP-oriented game, where all supernatural parts are completely unmeasured by numbers?

Flag Post

Since I was on a hiatus from FG when dev joined, can someone explain to me what he did? I haven’t seen him done anything strange after I came back.

Flag Post

Basically, it goes like this.

A typical game by Dev is some kind of RP, although it’s bogged down by having to fill out an excruciating amount of unexplained slots in the signup sheet using points. The general thematic appears to be a post-apocalyptic world, impossible to live in unaided, with military accents as well – somewhat like Stalker or whatever was that Chernobyl-centric game called.
The problem here is that I’ve made a rather narrow description and it applies to all his games. After the first three, they got kind of boring, especially since he made them every day, quickly gave up due to scarcity of signups and made another game just like the previous one – and that filled up the forums with quite a lot of detritus.
Well, maybe I’m overreacting – but all his games are overly complicated for people to join them, so they fail quickly and even now that making games too often is plainly illegal Dev still isn’t overly keen on being legal.

Another idea of his was an oversystem of sorts, using personal beings in the oversystem to interfere with existing games, as well as roleplaying the beings themselves. That’s not a flawed idea in itself if people agree to it, but…
The problem here is that Dev considered his oversystem non-consensual. Unlike the European Union or the United Nations, every single game was entered in the system by default, much to the dismay of… everyone else, who didn’t want the overhead tacked on, nor did they want outside meddling. Dev preached this idea with the stubbornness and zeal of a Jehovah’s Witness, and with the rage of houseowners everywhere we shot him with metaphorical houseowner shotguns.

Flag Post

Just went through his post history. Anything he posted doesn’t make any sense and was probably posted for the sake of posting it. One thing I can conclude is that dev’s trying to develop a really, really bad facade on FGF (or just the internet in general). But I guess FGF likes to feed him with attention and make it a bigger deal than it is.

Flag Post

Your right, they cluttered this place rather horrificly, even by my standards. Practicly a clear example why those 2 laws exist no thanks to me.

And yes, the nexus is exactly that, like the UN or EU. But its also adaptable, being able to support any gaming purpose.

The reason I make it non-concentual is due to truth actually. You see, justice backed with such must not be opposed. Yes, I hate force, but I dare not deny what I see as truth, no matter how hated it may be.

Originally posted by CowFriend:

Just went through his post history. Anything he posted doesn’t make any sense and was probably posted for the sake of posting it. One thing I can conclude is that dev’s trying to develop a really, really bad facade on FGF (or just the internet in general). But I guess FGF likes to feed him with attention and make it a bigger deal than it is.

Wrong, most my games usually have a purpose in mind. Last game, for example, intended to abolish the law that I provoked this site into.

Flag Post

Wrong, most my games usually have a purpose in mind. Last game, for example, intended to abolish the law that I provoked this site into.

Make your purpose something like ‘offer having fun to the other people on this forum, of the kind of fun they like’, and it’ll be a better purpose.

And yes, the nexus is exactly that, like the UN or EU.

If a country doesn’t want to join those, it’s not forced to. It has to apply by itself, and not all are accepted – there are requirements.
If the nexus was like that, it’d be much better.

Flag Post

Teach me how make forum game successful. I need tips on how not gather hate from whole forum.

Flag Post

Basically, it goes like this.

A typical game by Dev is some kind of RP, although it’s bogged down by having to fill out an excruciating amount of unexplained slots in the signup sheet using points. The general thematic appears to be a post-apocalyptic world, impossible to live in unaided, with military accents as well – somewhat like Stalker or whatever was that Chernobyl-centric game called.
The problem here is that I’ve made a rather narrow description and it applies to all his games. After the first three, they got kind of boring, especially since he made them every day, quickly gave up due to scarcity of signups and made another game just like the previous one – and that filled up the forums with quite a lot of detritus.
Well, maybe I’m overreacting – but all his games are overly complicated for people to join them, so they fail quickly and even now that making games too often is plainly illegal Dev still isn’t overly keen on being legal.

does this mean that rule about 1 game a week is Dev’s fault?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Teach me how make forum game successful. I need tips on how not gather hate from whole forum.

The first lesson on hate is, unfortunately, comformity. I wish it was respect, but most people only judge by actions.

Originally posted by efar:

Not directly, but yes, it is my fault. I am often cursed with causng the very opposite of my nature and intents.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

The first lesson on hate is, unfortunately, comformity. I wish it was respect, but most people only judge by actions.

if by that you mean obeying the rules you are right

Flag Post

You could say so.

You have neither.

Flag Post

You could say so.

You have neither.

Half the battle is realizing the truth. But how can I prove emotions in the first place? It’s stastisticly impossible.

Nuff said, lesson’s over today.

Flag Post

Jokes aside, shouldn’t a thread about making forum games be run by someone who has made successful forum games?