Builders CYOP (locked)

297 posts

Flag Post

R4L ART

Flag Post

January, Year 1

We crash landed on to soft ground. Though Lorna and I ain’t complaining, ground is ground to me. Lorna is in perfect health and so am I, but I have a strange feeling that’s not gonna last very long. I went to go check out our crash sight at near the opening of the river. It wasn’t pretty but I scavenged what I could, I couldn’t take the whole thing, in fact, most of it was scrap. Most of the wood sunk, the food supply is tainted from the swampish water. I recieved some wooden sticks from the boat and very little iron. I made a pickaxe, but it ain’t great, a bucket which I managed to fill with a few uses of clean water. I reccomend that we either travel east looking for civilization or we’re gonna have to become the civilization.

-Shane Klug

Flag Post

Welcome

Builders is a CYOP game where you, the community, will be making decisions for this group of people. They will either survive minimally till help comes or go the extra mile to make a whole new civilization on the island. You will control them using a map which will expand and extend based on your actions. Gather resources and survive in order to build a new village, which might turn into a thriving town with enough effor. There are plenty of other sides along with it, the survivors must eat, drink, and breath while keeping the germs out of their body. A large tech tree that will surely help you sink or swim in the struggle. A recipe book allows you to see what you can make to milk all the food one item is worth, along with many blueprints to make simple things, such as bowls, pickaxes, swords, and many more!

Glass Box

Important

How this game works is that you will be needing different people in order to survive, scientists, soldiers, explorers, etc. The different class types will be introduced slowly throughout the game to not overwhelm anybody. You will need to find different materials throughout the maps you come across, as soon as you get enough resources or find a blueprint sheet, a blueprint will be added. You may suggest an idea privately through PMs or publicly on thread if you really want to make something that I have not thought of. All people require a house to live in, if there are people that are homeless, they are very vulnerable to sickness. In order to survive you need to populate, breeding the humans will happen naturally, though humans make sure there is enough food, water, and a reason to live before thinking of having a child. Random Number Generator is decided for fights, sickness, and other events in the game, more humans will increase the chance of success while defending/raiding a camp. Every human has a skill level shown on the humans page. Skill Level is how good the human is at what he does, higher it is, the better he does it. Townie humans will always have a skill level 0, the skill level ranges from 0-100.

You will use materials for building weapons, tools, and buildings. Buildings have different effects on your civilization, over time humans will build a school which is needed to tranform useless townies into builders, adventures, scientists etc.

Clock Tutorial

Flag Post

Resources/Classes

Gold: Common Currency, used to buy livestock, meat from the market, and every thing built.
Coal: Needed for some objects and all fires
Iron: Needed for most/all weapons
Oil: Needed for any machinery.
Wood: Used to make most basic buildings
Stone: Used to make most advanced buildings
Clay: Used to make some objects, tools, and utensils.
Glass: Needed for all buildings
Aluminum: Needed for some tools/objects/machinery
Wool: Used to make light armour
Leather: Used to make heavy armour.

TOWNIES: Useless, no skills, can be converted into any class using the school. Can make very limited basic buildings.
BUILDERS: Builders are required to make a lot of basic, all of the intermediate and advanced buildings.
ADVENTURERS: Collects ores more efficiently.
SCIENTISTS: More Scientists will increase the speed of the current research.
SOLDIERS: Increases the chance of successful raids and better chance at holding off enemies.

Flag Post

Blueprints

Tools
Fire: 1 Coal.
Furnace: 2 Iron, 1 Coal
Pickaxe: 3 Wood, 2 Iron.
Shovel: 4 Wood, 1 Iron.
Torch: 1 Wood, 1 Coal

Buildings
Basic Bridge: 10 Wood
Bridge: 15 Wood, 2 Iron.
Cabin: 15 Wood, 1 Glass. Holds two people.
Farm: 10 Wood, 1 Glass.
Laboratory: 10 Iron, 10 Aluminum, 5 Oil, 3 Rocks
Ladder: 10 Wood
Pipe: 2 Iron. (1 Pipe will connect one building)
School: 20 Wood, 4 Glass.
Teepi: 5 Wood. Holds one person.
Well: 5 Rocks, 2 Wood

Utensils
Basic Bowl: 1 Clay
Bucket: 2 Iron

Resources
Clean Water: Water, Fire
Glass: 1 Sand, Fire
Steel: 2 Iron, 1 Gold, 1 Coal

Flag Post

Shane Klug: Waiting for action..
Lorna Lazzaro: Waiting for action..

Humans
Recipe Book

Flag Post

both should look for blueprints for a house

Flag Post

That is some very nice art for the humans.

Both: Walk around, looking for resources in order to make a pickaxe.

Is that leather design inspired by minecraft?

Flag Post

they already have a pickaxe, scroll the pic

Flag Post

Derp. Look for resources, then.

Flag Post

Resources are all around! For example, gather wood by chopping down trees, though it might take much longer since you only have your bare fists.

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Is that leather design inspired by minecraft?

Yeah, spent at least a whole day trying to make leather that is recognizable as leather, not a brown worm or a pile of dirt, so I decided to get that leather and recolor it slightly. Same went with the aluminum but luckily for me there was no aluminum pixel art on the web!

Flag Post

Shane Klug: Looked for roughly two hours, I ain’t got nothin’ in my hands..

Lorna Lazzaro: Looked with near the west cove and found a Basic House blueprint in between the tree and rock!

Humans
Recipe Book

Flag Post

Shane: try to chop tree with pickaxe

Lorna: look for basic saw blueprint

Flag Post

Shane Klug: Three hours in and I cut down the tree, the pickaxe was little to no help. I had to tear it down limb by limb. On the bright side I got about 9 sticks from that.

Lorna Lazzaro: Tried looking while Shane struggled with the tree, I found a few blades of grass, but not much else..

Humans
Recipe Book

Flag Post

Shane: Collect 1 more wood then look for blueprints

Lorna: build a teepe

where can we see the need for food/water?

Flag Post

Lorna: Find blueprints to make an ax.
Shane: Mine the rocks with the pickax.
(Why the hell would you cut a tree down with a pickax?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:
(Why the hell would you cut a tree down with a pickax?)

it is better than with bare hands

and you can’t use rocks yet except for a pickaxe, which is not needed

Flag Post

Lorna: build teepe

Shane: mine for ores with pickaxe

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:

where can we see the need for food/water?

They 1 food automatically eat every 12 hours. They will tell you when they are hungry or thirsty, though im thinking of just making it a bar on the humans page.

Originally posted by platypuses27:

mine for ores with pickaxe

There are no ores around, only in the ditch to the right. Though the river is too deep and dangerous to cross.

Flag Post
Originally posted by platypuses27:

mine for ores with pickaxe

There are no ores around, only in the ditch to the right. Though the river is too deep and dangerous to cross.

oh, then collect more wood

Flag Post

Shane Klug: I collected all I could from the tree, there’s nothing much left of it..

Lorna Lazzaro: The Teepi isn’t great, nor sturdy, or even safe and complete, It’s not even a house at this point. It’s more of a wall but it’s better than nothing, right? I might be able to improve… might..

Humans
Recipe Book

Flag Post

L: try to improve teepe

S: build another teepe

Flag Post

Shane Klug: I tried to make my teepi, I was having trouble until Lorna came.

Lorna Lazzaro: I made an okay teepi, it will get by for a while. Shane was having a few problems with his, I finished mine and had a few moments to help him out. The sun is setting and we’re losing daylight. That’s alright with me though, Shane might not feel the same way..

Humans
Recipe Book

Flag Post

Shane: Mine the rock next to the lower left tree.
Lorna: Look around for more blueprints.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:

Shane: Mine the rock next to the lower left tree.
Lorna: Look around for more blueprints.