Skies Alight (Game on!) (locked)

85 posts

Flag Post

Game Mechanics:
1. Teams consist of 3 or 4 players, with an underhanded team, one with one less player, (if any) being given a slight buff (see Game Mechanic 12)

2.Each player can move up to 4, 5, or 6 spaces in any cardinal direction, depending on the ship you choose. Please number your actions, ( 1] move left, 2]move right, etc.)

3. Machine guns: Can fire up to 5 spaces in a cardinal direction, but does only 1 hit point of damage to the opposing plane or shoots down one missile. ( 3] fire machine gun left, 4 fire mg up, etc.)

4. Missiles: It moves five spaces a turn, always towards the nearest enemy. They explode on their own after 2 turns. It kills a ship on impact, but can be shot down by machine gun fire. If a missile occupies your space, you explode into a fiery death (3 damage to boss). Can only be used by dreadnoughts. (5] missile up) (Unfortunately, due to my MSPaint skills, only one missle onscreen per dreadnought)

V. Each player has to send their moves to me by PM. No exceptions. If you fail to send me a pm, you get prodded. If you fail to send me a pm twice in a row, your plane explodes into fiery death, and a reserve pilot replaces you.

6. There is friendly fire. If you shoot your friend, he explodes into fiery death.

7. When two planes occupy the same space, they both explode into fiery death.

8. If you explode into fiery death, you will be respawned at the end of the next round. I.e., you skip a turn, and restart on your side of the screen. If all pilots of a team are down, the spawn switches sides (right to left and vice versa) and all players are immediately respawned.

9. When one pilot explodes, the opposing team gets a point (including from inactivity). When a team gets seven points with a 4 person team (five with 3 player teams), a boss appears (his stats are hidden). A boss is worth 2 points to the team that deals the most damage to it while it is alive, and one point to the team that killed it. The game ends when all bosses on screen are killed (At 25 points, a second boss is spawned, if the game has not ended.)

11. If both teams are completely inept, and the boss kills the number of players minus 2, doubled, you all lose. (Ex, 8 players, 8 – 2 = 6 × 2 = 12)

12. Final score determines winner. Final score is the total number of points you have. Underhanded teams will get one extra point before total score is calculated, after all bosses are killed.

13. To begin, choose a type of ship to play.

Rules:
1. I am law. More rules can be added.

II. My rules and game mechanics shall be obeyed.

3. Breaking my rules is responded with a warning. A second offense is decimated with your immediate replacement and explosion into fiery death.

4. Criticism is accepted and encouraged, and will be worked into the sequel, if there is one.

7. In your sign up post, note something weird about the Game mechanics or the rules section.

TYPE OF SHIPS:
Dreadnought;
Moves at 4 spaces per turn and has 4 hit points. Dreadnoughts are the only ship able to use missiles.
Mig21;
Moves at 5 spaces per turn, and has 3 hit points.
Interceptor;
Moves at 6 spaces per turn, and has 2 hit points.

Flag Post

This is for the player list.
RED TEAM
1. efar (dreadnought)
2. Gotterakathing (Mig21 [F – 104])
3. Jaskaran2000 (dreadnought)

NOT RED TEAM
1. Felineforumer (interceptor [now under control of MansW1. If you want in, PM me.])
2. Gammaflux (mig21)
3. MansW1 (Dreadnought)

Flag Post

MAP:

Flag Post

Sign. =3

Not Red Team.

Interceptor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

Sign. =3

Not Red Team.

Interceptor.

missing something.

Flag Post

Sign
I will choose the Mig21 (any team)
Also in your rules you skipped 5, and 6.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

Sign. =3

Not Red Team.

Interceptor.

missing something.

Name, right? =?
I did not know whether or not to put a name in because it does not say it anywhere.

Meöwlnir

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

Sign
I will choose the Mig21 (any team)
Also in your rules you skipped 5, and 6.

you’re in.

Sign. =3

Not Red Team.

Interceptor.

missing something.

Name, right? =?
I did not know whether or not to put a name in because it does not say it anywhere.

Meöwlnir

read rules. Better.

Flag Post

facepalm

5 is in roman numerals…

I saw that but I though nothing of it…

Flag Post

sign red team

dreadnought

it does not explain an underhanded team

Flag Post

Red team.
I want to pilot a F-104 Starfighter (If it can count as a Mig-21. Otherwise, I want to pilot a Mig-21.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:

sign red team

dreadnought

it does not explain an underhanded team

actually, thank you.

All three of you are in. (Using Gamma as a team balance)

Flag Post

Sign.

You’re not law, you’re a person. I am sorry I am just blind and i dont no how to join becoz every thing i rong i already see has been post :c

Red Team.
DreadNought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Sign.

You’re not law, you’re a person. I am sorry I am just blind and i dont no how to join becoz every thing i rong i already see has been post :c

Red Team.
DreadNought.

Ooook. I guess that works.

Flag Post

Sign. Not red team interceptor.

( 3]

(5]

That counts as something weird, right?

Flag Post

That counts as something weird, right?

The cool part of doing this sign up technique is not only does it make the players look at the rules, but it makes me look at them, too.
You’re in.

Game will begin in 24 hours (or 2 more players showing up), and will be updated every 24 hours.

Flag Post

The Game
Has Begun
Send in your actions within 24 hours!
(No, I am NOT 17.7 minutes late)
THE MAP:

Flag Post

Yay. =D

Red Team is based on power, while Not Red Team is based on mobility. =3

Flag Post

blink
blink
I planed it that way.
Totally.

Flag Post

Looks like i’m the only defensive type on my team :P

Flag Post

Waiting on Jaskaran.

Flag Post

MADE IT WITH 2 MINUTES REMAINING
WOO

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

MADE IT WITH 2 MINUTES REMAINING
WOO

That you did.
(Thanks to my digging you up on chat (With 5 minutes to go on the clock).)
UPDATE:
MAP:

Actions:
efar moves 3 left and launches a missile.
Gotterakathing moves a net of three right (R,U,R,D,R, I have no idea…).
Jaskaran launches a missile right, but does not move.
FelineForumer moves left three and up one.
Gammaflux moves five left.
MansW1 moves left six.

Just a clarification, you CANNOT move/fire ordinance off of the map.
Just for the two of you who tried.

NEXT UPDATE IN 24 HOURS.
SEND ME YOUR NEXT PMs.

Flag Post

Just a clarification, you CANNOT move/fire ordinance off of the map.
Just for the two of you who tried.

that was an accident!

Flag Post

In these battles, some of us have 6, 5(including missile), or 4 turns. Can you tell me the order of the turns? Such as