The Chronicles Of Indon (Game) (locked)

386 posts

Flag Post

Here are the links from the top!
Indon, the setting in which this game takes place.
Signups, the location in which you sign up.

Two humanoid beings stood near each other, a marsh to their backs and hills stretched on in front of them. One wore black robes, a skull on the back making sure all knew he was a necromancer. His hood was pulled back, showing his skeletal face. Next to him stood a taller being, though not by much. He too wore black robes, but along with them he wore a few small pieces of armor. He wore metal bracers, along with two metal shoulder-pads and crown. The crown was made of bones, and had a single ruby on the front of it. All of these things were etched with numerous runes. This other person also had his skeletal face showing. These two beings were liches. The shorter one looked to the taller. “The armies are ready. You can lead the attack on Vallea whenever you’re ready, my lord.” It was uncommon for a lich to be so…servile. Usually the unending life and massive power prevented that. “No, not this time.” said the taller, “I have one loose end left to tie up. You will have the honor of leading the first assault. Gather the commanders, discuss the plan, and wipe of Vallea.” The shorter lich looked away from his superior. “Yes, my lord.” The taller of the two nodded, and immediately shot upwards, leaving behind a black cloud as he flew off to tie up whatever loose end remained. The remaining lich walked away to gather the commanders.
(So, I will be starting the assault soon. For now everyone can do whatever as long as they don’t do something stupid. Interact with each-other, talk with the locals, whatever. Also, Arken, you will not be one of the commanders. Sorry.)

Flag Post

This post serves no real purpose as of yet but I like to have an extra reserve. Never know, I might have forgotten something.

Flag Post

[Are you confusing Arken with Jimbo?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

[Are you confusing Arken with Jimbo?]

(No, arken is a necromancer, and the lich just went to get the necromancer leaders.)

Flag Post

[Okay, my apologies. I assumed due to my biography.]

Flag Post

I edited, sry. My first strictly RP Rp.

Flag Post

(…….sigh…)

Flag Post

(I’d rather you remove the post if that’s alright. Oh, and bump in hopes that the players will come and do something. Please.)

Flag Post

Zakariah Malakai

“So, I’m finally here. Town is safe, no skeletons wandering around, so I guess they still havent attacked By the way, what day is it?”. After walking around the town, I find a nice place near a fountain. After sitting in a bench, I take out a sharpening stone and then proceed to whet the edge of the Bardiche, while ocasionally looking around to see if there’s some suspicious activity

Flag Post

Leeve

Walking aimlessly through the narrow rarely-used backstreets of Vallea, she feels in awe. Despite her being allowed to be seen in the open, she prefers to stay out of sight of everyone.

Amazed by the architecture of the town, despite it being slightly ruined where she was walking, she still keeps an eye out for anyone else.

I never believed there were buildings like this in the whole world before traveling here… The stories of the structures were true!

Spotting a pair of town guards appearing around the corner ahead, they immediately spot her. “What are you doing back-” but she already disappeared behind another side-alley.

Focusing her mana, with her back to a old brick building, she goes invisible. Watching the guards along the end of the side-alley, they look down it. “She is not here. Where did she go?” Walking down towards her, she holds her breathe. Narrowly missing her, they continue on in their fruitless search. She stays still for a good minute before ending the spell.

That was close… But still… The architecture is amazing. Brick like this would sink into quickly in the swamp…

(I will define my invisibility spell more. Any moving object will dispelled the invisibility, such as a touch of a sentient being, an arrow, sword, spell. But immobile objects like buildings do not. Of course, if it is a old building, and she is hiding up against it, and a brick falls on her head, it will be dispelled. Also, moving herself will dispelled it.)

Flag Post

Zakariah Malakai

“What’s that?”. I see a couple of guards coming out from an alley then split up and go around, apparently looking for someone/thing. _". After putting the whetstone back in my pocket, I get up and pick up the Bardiche, then start walking towards the alley, wondering what where those guards looking for

Flag Post

Leeve

Hearing another person approaching the alley, she quickly go back up against the wall and disappears, and hopes they will not spot here.

Why are these guys so suspicious of a Liraz wondering alleys and suddenly disappearing?

Oh…

Flag Post

Zakariah Malakai

“Nothing? Are these guards idiots or what?” After wasting my time looking for nothing, I angrily kick a wall then continue to look around in case I missed something

Flag Post

Entellus Raseac

I roam the cobblestone streets of Vallea, searching for a local blacksmith, or group of blacksmiths. My century could use their swords sharpened and their skills honed if we are to hold Vallea until further reinforcements are provided by the Empire. I am still flabbergasted that I, Entellus was given only a 100 men and sent to the most troublesome border. The Liraz in the southern marshes are rumored to have been behind a series of small attacks staged by dirty Necromancers. The dead should not be summoned, they have served their duty for this Earth.

After half an hour of walking through the streets, I find a forge ran by the Vallea itself. If the guards of the city trust these weapons, then my men certainly can. After brief discussion with the senior blacksmith, I work out a deal. They have decided to sharpen their weapons for a small settlement and the job should be finished in under a week’s time. I gave them the location of my men and took my leave.

As I was on my way back to our camp, I saw a small scene take place. Guards of the city were clearly seaching for somebody, perplexed by their inability to do so. Maybe I shouldn’t of trusted their weapon manafacturers. I approach the two guards. “What seems to be the problem? You seem rather perplexed by something.”

The smaller of the two guards informs me about their dilemna ,but he seems rather misinformed. He talks about how he saw a Liraz walking through these streets and when they went to make contact she fled and disapeared in record time. Does he not realize that we are in a world of magic where such thing could be very well possible? I recall how in the battle for Redreach I turned one of my men into a behemoth, with a height of easily 30 meters. Such a magical display one us the battle, however my man died minutes later, and I never used such a spell since.

Flag Post

Leeve

Seeing the man kick a wall, a few bricks dislodge from the wall.

Falling all around her, one clips her shoulder. Her spell dissolves and she becomes visible again. “Dreadful Dwarves!” She curses, going down on one knee.

Quickly glazing to the wound, she sees blood trickling down from beneath the scales. This is not good…

Looking down the alley, she sees the man still at the end of the alley.

Flag Post

Rome
What a wonderful place this is! So many tall buildings to run around on! And the best part is nobody can notice me! Yes they will. I mean they might notice me but they won’t know who I am. That’s because you’re a squirrel. Whatever my point still stands. Wait. Why am I talking to myself? You need someone to talk to. Are there any other squirrels around? No. Okay what about people are there people? Yes. Good let’s talk to one. Bad Idea. Okay what about birds? Wanna talk to birds?! No. They never have anything to contribute to intelligent conversation you idiot. Well then we’re talking to people! Okay!? Okay. Good let’s find someone to talk to then. I look around for a bit and see a bunch of soldiers walking down the street. I decide to head up the street. I’m about to jump to the next building when I see what looks like a female lizard person. Interesting. Another person walks up and the lizard disappears. Where’d the lizard go? The other person seems angry. “Maybe talking to people isn’t a good idea right now.” Did I just say that out loud? Yes you idiot Oh poop.

Flag Post

(Oops. Removed post. Here’s a better intro.)
Frakwitz
After getting kicked out of an inn because of my fucking “racist” and colorful language, I found a cool tavern. Sitting down at a bar stool, I ordered a glass of mead and waited for my next job. It better not be another shitty “intimidate someone into giving the quest giver stuff” job. I hate those fucking jobs. I JUST WANT TO KILL AND CRUSH AND KILL AND CRUSH AND KILL AND CRUSH. WHAT’S SO FUCKING HARD ABOUT IT? After all, there is a war going on between the Empire and the Liraz. We better win this war. Even if I’m not a fucking soldier anymore, I still root for the Empire. They said that I “violated” some hippy-ass peace treaties. The only definition of violation that I know of is…eh. It’s offensive. Anyways, I was about to get another glass of mead when some fuckwit Empire mercs came up to me. I gripped my hammer in anticipation of a fight. “Excuse me sir, have you seen a man called Frakwitz? We have orders to kill him.” the leader of the mercs said. I got up, still holding the hammer. “Yes I have, Sir Douchebag of Faggotropica.” I said back. “Where have you seen him?” the merc leader said. I didn’t respond because I was starting to get even more pissed off and THE RETARD HAD A BOW. I HATE BOWS. THEY SLAUGHTERED 2ND BATTALION WITH FUCKING BOWS. God I miss their snarky comments.

“Just tell me where you saw Frakwitz, and we’ll ignore the colorful language.” the merc said after a few minutes. “IN FRONT OF YOU!” I yelled as I kicked the merc in the groin. The mercenary gasped and fell over. I then hit him in the head with the hammer multiple times, stopping only when the hammer caved in his hippy head and splattered the brain. Then I noticed the weapons pointed at me. I got back up after stomping what remained of his face to make sure I killed the hippy merc, and examined the mercs. Aside from the leather wearing merc leader who carried that bow, the rest of the mercs were wearing chain mail. And they were carrying short swords and axes. Some of them had-WAIT. WHAT. SHIELDS? I HATE SHIELDS. THEY TAKE UP YOUR WHOLE FUCKING HAND AND FORCE YOUR OTHER HAND TO CARRY AROUND ONE HANDED WEAPONS. THEY ALSO MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO BASH FUCKTARDS IN THE HEAD. And there were 4 of them. Then the tavern door opened. “I’m looking for a Mr. Dv-Ohhhhhh.” some mail delivery guy with a envelope said as he came in and saw the fight. He noticed the dead merc, and then he saw the 4 other mercs. “Never mind then. I’ll come back when the place is cleaned up.” the mail guy said and walked away, obviously looking surprised. Using the mail guy’s distraction as an advantage, I smashed the back of one of the mercenaries’ head in with the hammer. Then I WENT BERSERK. I GRABBED THE RETARD’S CORPSE AND USED IT AS A MEAT SHIELD. WHY? I HAVE NO IDEA. THEY KEPT STABBING THE CORPSE INSTEAD OF ME. AND THEN I RAMMED INTO ONE OF THE MERCS AND KNOCKED HIM DOWN. I THEN LET GO OF THE CORPSE AND PROCEEDED TO HIT THE MORON UNTIL HE SUCCUMBED TO DEATH. Then I calmed down. And saw the pulverized corpse. THEN I GOT SLICED IN THE GUT. FUUUUUUUUCK. “That hurt you son of a bitch!” I yelled. I then staggered back after grabbing the same corpse I used as a meat shield. I then tossed the corpse at the remaining few mercs, who decided to charge at me. One of them bashed me with his shield. I couldn’t have been more proud of him.

But he was an enemy. AND I HATE HIPPIES. I TORE THE SHIELD OUT OF HIS HAND AND HIT HIM TO DEATH WITH IT. Then one of the mercs got the bright idea to use a bow against me. I GOT AN ARROW IN MY CHEST. I pulled it out and tried hard to ignore the pain. NOW I WAS EXTREMELY PISSED OFF. I CHARGED AT THE REMAINING MERCENARIES AND COLLIDED WITH THE BOW WIELDING MERC. I HIT HIS CHEST WITH MY HAMMER REPEATEDLY UNTIL IT CAVED IN. GOD DAMN IT CHAIN MAIL TAKES TOO LONG TO CRUSH. BY THE TIME I WAS DONE, THE OTHER MERC WAS KICKING ME AND TRYING TO STOP ME FROM KILLING HIS BUDDY. Feeling more calm, I got back up and stared at the merc who was kicking me. He got back. “Oh god please don’t hit me.” He begged. I decided to ask him one question. “How’s the war going for you guys? Are you winning against the Liraz?” I asked. He did a double take. “What?” he stammered. “HOW’S THE WAR GOING FOR THE EMPIRE? ARE WE WINNING OR ARE WE GETTING OUR ASSES KICKED BY THE SCALY QUEERS?” I yelled. “The war ended like…I don’t know, 4 years ago? I haven’t bothered to check. Anyways the war is over!” he replied. “DID WE WIN?” I yelled at him. “No. We lost.” He replied. Wait. The war ended? AND NOBODY TOLD ME? Huh. I decided to pay the tavern owner the gold pieces for the mead. I then staggered out, surprised at how there wasn’t a war going on at the moment.

Flag Post

A bird plops down from the sky near one of you, bleeding.

Kardel
“Hoo, boy!”
That was a nice shot. I wonder where’d that thing fall, though – was quite far from me laterally, so I’m probably not going to find it. Eh, best just revel in my glory – as it seems I’ve got some watchers here.
“If you have trouble with pigeons, just supply the ammo! It’s all my pleasure.”

Flag Post

Zakariah Malakai

“Dreadful Dwarves!”. “What the…”. As I turn around, I see a Liraz girl down there. “How did she… Is she bleeding?” I get near her and ask her “Are you ok? And how you made yourself that wound?”. I look in my pockets and in a bag I have in my belt for something to try to heal her wound

Flag Post

Leeve

“Yes, I am fine, other then this bleeding shoulder!” She growls. “Do not waste your supplies, I know healing magic, but thanks anyways… A brick fell from the wall when you kicked it and hit my shoulder… I think I may also be going crazy… I am hearing voices…”

Using the last bit of mana, she heals the shoulder to a suitable state.

A pigeon falls from the sky. “Yep, I am going crazy if you didn’t see that pigeon that just fell…”

Flag Post

Rome
Was that who I thought it was? I look down into the alley. "NOOO! ICARUS! MY ONLY BIRD FRIEND! He was the smartest bird in the world and now HE’S DEAD! sobs I look down into the alley again. “Wait. That’s not Icarus. That’s some other bird. Nevermind. false alarm.” Did I just say that out loud again? YES! Oh double poop.

Flag Post

Zakariah Malakai

“No, you are not crazy, I saw that pigeon and heard those voices too. Sorry for harming you, wasn’t my intention. I’m Zakariah, and you?” I stand up and lend her my hand to help her stand up

Flag Post

Frakwitz
I decided to stagger around. Then, remembering something, I returned to the tavern to loot the bodies. The only thing I thought was useful that were on the corpses were some health potions. I’ve heard they tasted like iron, so I decided to drink one of them. Although my wounds were somewhat healed, my tongue was left with a taste of iron. Ugh. I then walked out of the tavern. I decided to hide from the guards by hiding near a brick building. Then I heard a guy say “…made yourself that wound?”. I then snuck over to where the voice came from and found a fellow human AND A SCALY QUEER. I then stopped sneaking about and walked up to the human. “What the shit is going on ’ere?” I said.

Flag Post

Ragnerok
HOLY SH!T”
A woman catches a glimpse of my form. A short scream comes out before I could notice. Maybe coming out into the open was a bad idea. I wonder if I can find anyone who won’t panic at my sight. After all, elementals are known for aggression. I quickly duck into an allyway. What have I done? No one is going to accept me… Or are they? I duck into a brick building. I catch a glimpse of a figure, but I hear a few guards behind me. “Kill it before someone gets hurt!” I quickly grab a few bricks and toss them. They land a few feet in front of the guards. “… Heh.” The guards start to walk away, laughing to themselves, when an arrow comes flying towards my direction. I am able to duck away, where after a guard says, “It can’t hurt anyone.” No… You must all DIE!!! It was difficult to get my aggression under control, but the thought of being insulted really made it hard to control.

Flag Post

Bas-Olt-Craghnell
My approach to the town of Vallea is not particularly quiet, on account of my size and subsequent weight, the latter of which is further compounded by the armour encasing my body – padded leather under chain mail under plate steel, all adjusted from human sizes to giant sizes, such that the overall construction adds about 80 kilograms to my own considerable weight, not to mention the additional mass of weapon, ammunition, and coin sack (calling it a coin “purse” would be an understatement at that size). Basically, what this means is that my feet are sinking into the ground below me with each step, and once I’m in the marsh itself, it’s not going to get better. One might wonder, then, what exactly I’m doing here.
Earning money, that’s what. I’ve been hired to help take out some necromancers that have been harassing the town lately, possibly alongside anyone else who feels a need to also remove such threats from the area; do that, and I receive a reasonably large sum of gold to add to my sack. One can only pray that they do not own the Pestilence spell; more than once have I barely avoided certain undeath at the hands of a necromancer with this spell in their arsenal. A quick, accurate hand can attest to my continued lifespan in those and other life-threatening situations. But now…
‘Halt, giant.’
Now, I am being surrounded by a number of guards. A small number, and nowhere near enough to stop me if I wanted to get past them badly. But I have no quarrel with them, and thus I will fall back on my preferred weapon in these situations: diplomatic negotiation.
‘Good day, guards. And how might I help you?’
‘You, uh… you a mercenary?’ asks one of the guards, apparently the leader of this particular patrol.
‘Yes.’
‘…mmwhat’re you doing here?’
‘Actually, I’m here to help deal with the necromancers harassing you. I apologize if my appearance startled you; I normally remain in full armour for the majority of my time, since my presence tends to have a bad effect on the more paranoid characters I meet. Yes, I have occasionally been accosted whilst I slept, in case you were wondering, and I hope I will not have to deal with such assaults in this particular location.’
Another guard pipes up at this point: ’That’s a lot of fancy words for a giant, isn’it?’
’I’m a good diplomat. Now, may I pass?’
‘I… guess so,’ states the first guard. ‘Not like we can stop you if you just wanna, y’know, barge past, or whatever, so sure, go ahead.’
With a nod of gratitude, I continue into the town proper, checking out the scenery as appropriate. Unsurprisingly, few of the incumbent inhabitants remain on the streets I walk down – a giant in full plate armour is perhaps one of the more terrifying sights a human might encounter in their lifetime, never mind one with a large crossbow strapped to his waist.