[Picture/CYOP] Survival: Fantasy Edition (Signups- 1 Spot Left)

26 posts

Flag Post

r4l

Flag Post

Survival: Fantasy Edition

Welcome to my new forum game, Survival: Fantasy Edition where two unlucky men are stranded in a desperate survival situation. They will have to forge,hunt, and craft their way out of this. In the early stages of the game, players will have to worry about constant threats to their health, such as predators, hunger, and cold. The game will be loosley based on real life with a drop of fantasy inside.

Simply saying “search for flint inside rock.” may give the player said flint depending on their roll. Thats right, this is a roll based game. However, many factors may modify the roll, like using an axe to cut down a tree for wood, may yeild higher rolls than just searching for wood. There will be a hunger,thirst,hp, and mp bar when you unlock it.

During the late stages of the game, when I feel both players are flourishing and thriving in their enviorments, I will force them to fight each other, and the true survivor wins. However, do not abandon anything not related to battle [farms,clothes etc] because i will give a bonus to those so they do not feel like their efforts were useless. So it is advised to start getting your battle gear on later in the game.

~Good Luck

Flag Post

Game Mechanics

Welcome to the game mechanics! Please read the following section so you do not bug me with questions! Please remember that it is only loosely based on real life, and you could gain bear armies if you’d like :)

Signups and Players

This is an important part of the game mechanics, as it is not traditional. Players will signup, then I will split the players into two groups. Each group will be controlling a single player, similar to a CYOP. This will allow me to update fast, and give more detailed posts. For example: 3 players say “Eat the pig” and 2 players say “Lick the pig”, then the action "eat the pig will be held.

There are uncommon occasions where I will bump a player’s priority up. This makes them count as two people when deciding actions. A max priority of 3 may be achived. For example, if 1 person w/ a bumped priority says “Kill the turtle” and another person with a normal priority says “keep the turtle”, then the action “kill the turtle” will be held. Lets just say posting fast and detailed will be an easy way to get priority.

Rolls and Modfiers

Rolls are a constant in this game. They are rarely not given besides actions such as talking. The higher the roll, the better the outcome. Modifiers may include boosting+ in general, or maxboosing++. First, I may limit the roll range [maximum roll:100] to a lower range such as 50 when doing an action that seems unlikely.

For example, if you cut a tree without anything sharp, then I may limit the roll range to 50 so the max roll is 50, so your success is limited. Boosting+ modifiers boost the roll in general but cannot exceed the max limit, in this case 50. max boosting do not boost your initial roll, but rather the range of the roll. For example, 20maxboosting in this case will allow you to get a roll of 70 (50+20=70) so now your initial roll can go up to 70.

Crafting

Crafting is a very essential skill in this game. Crafting is very loose, so for example you could possibly attempt to craft a red gem shard and a stick to gain a fire wand. However, you cannot craft what you don’t have into some random object. They need at least a tiny percent of logic in your crafts, otherwise, they will fail.

Bonuses

Once it is late in the game and you are thriving, I will make the two players battle each other. Buildings and items etc that are not related attacking i will give a bonus to you, so they do not go to waste. The survivor of the battle wins.

Flag Post

In case I need a reserve

Flag Post

Signups

1. gammaflux
2. thecartm
3. arkenarken
4. Stone667
5. efar
6. undeadcupcake3
7. VictorGabriM
8. walfordking
9. danwar123
10. jrm115

Reserve

[Keep in mind that actions will be voted on!]

Flag Post

You may post now :3

Flag Post

I shall signup

Flag Post

sign.

Flag Post

[Sign]

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:

[Sign]

Originally posted by thecartm:

sign.

Originally posted by gammaflux:

I shall signup

added, any questions?
also, just to get an idea for the areas, what is your favorite territory? [in r4l post]

Flag Post

Pine woods

Flag Post

blump

Flag Post

[Sign]

The Valley thingy, number 1.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

[Sign]

The Valley thingy, number 1.

Your in.

Flag Post

what about Pixel?

sign number 4

Flag Post

I would like to sign up for this, but i’m SEVERELY restricted on my computer time (As in, only on weekends and some holidays), But i will try as hard as i can to be active.

Btw, i think maybe each character should be color-coded so that we can tell who is who. If you decide to go for this idea, may I be Orange?

So,

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by undeadcupcake3:

I would like to sign up for this, but i’m SEVERELY restricted on my computer time (As in, only on weekends and some holidays), But i will try as hard as i can to be active.

Btw, i think maybe each character should be color-coded so that we can tell who is who. If you decide to go for this idea, may I be Orange?

So,

Sign

Pixel ended, because i wanted to start a bigger game.

It’s ok, as others will just take actions. Players will be diffrented by clothes equips etc, plus they will not meet each other until the final battle + they are on diffrent maps.

Also, I do not think you have read all of the rules. There are only 2 Players. I will split you guys up into 2 groups, each group controlling one character by votes. However, the actions are limitless pretty much, and showing activeness/detail etc in posts might snag you a priority point, which increases your action’s chance of being used.

edit: isn’t it spring break?

Flag Post

Alright, we have 6 people, it would probably be better if we can get 8 or ten as more people can fill in if some people are being inactive.

But, if that fails, we could easily go with 3 people per team :P

Flag Post

last call before I make the game thread today or tommorow.

Flag Post

Sign,plz.

Flag Post

Sign please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Sign please.

added

Flag Post

sighn me plz.

Flag Post
Originally posted by danwar123:

sighn me plz.

accepted plz post accordinly in the next action in the game thread.

Flag Post

sign! this looks awesome! and, because i can, 4 = log 10 100 2