A Simple [Game] of Chance (Game Info on First Page) page 13

675 posts

Flag Post

Victor
I go take a shower with EXTRA cauntion now.

Flag Post

Alex
Roll: 6
You finally succeed in healing over all the injuries of both yourself and Anne. Obviously, though, since emotions aren’t all that slow to pop up, Anne still ends up in a fairly fuming state, and you receive one punch to the head and an angry zombie minion for your efforts.

Bob
Roll: 5
Your arm is still fractured, man. Still, you finish your shower without too much bother, then redress yourself adequately afterwards. Hospital might be in order here.

Flag Post

Alex: Say “What was that for Anne? Also why was your killer so strong? Was he made out of lead or something?”
Anne: Answer his questions.

Flag Post

Bob
(Sorry, I mixed the names D:)
I put some clothes, and go to a hospital.

Flag Post

[togi]

we agreed to go to Gendim to drink some beers.

Flag Post

[sorry 4 absence, I can’t get to the computer very easily.]
Jayce
The city is small but has advanced technology and is quite eco-friendly.
I walk into a bar and buy some lemonade

Flag Post

Yellow
Dodge for my life.

Flag Post

Alex
Your eloquence check succeeds for once, and you manage to get the words out, albeit in a fairly annoyed tone, having just been slapped.

Anne
Roll: 2
You are further angered by his ungrateful manner, and refuse to say a word to him.

Bob
Roll: 4
You find your way to the nearest hospital, and are immediately taken in to have your elbow looked at.

Togi
Roll: 3
Yes, well… you can all go to Gendim, sure, but they aren’t likely to have beer. But whatever; just move in the appropriate direction, and you’re in the clear. Soon enough, you encounter the city in question… surrounded by hordes of demons, certainly, but still holding out well enough.

Jayce
Roll (Bar Walk): 1
Ouch.
Roll (Lemonade Purchase): 5
You find your way to an actual pub-type bar, and purchase some half-price lemonade, with sparkly bits in it. Snazzy.

Yellow
You proceed to engage in the best dodging you’ve ever engaged in, rolling out of the path of those bullets, and straight into the nearest wall. Pretty good technique, but try to look where you’re going when you do that.

[I should put any important tips and hints somewhere in the first few posts. You might want to check that whenever I make any points. That being said, I may as well put important points here too, due to this being related to the topic in question…

1. Death is a bitch that likes bananas, and no character is immune to it. Yes, your shonen hero or lich will die if you keep rolling 1’s, 2’s and 6’s whilst fighting the demon horde or abnormally tough mercenary, even if they’ve survived flawlessly and become extremely well-developed up to that point, although greater development makes a character less vulnerable to such a fate.

2. You can make new characters whenever you want. This may be what saves your current character from horrific death, if they’re in a tough spot.
2&1/2. With extreme bad luck, it may also be what kills them. Just keep both of those in mind.

3. Your characters do not necessarily have to start as human beings, nor do their fixed traits have to remain the same for the character’s entire lifespan – if a sudden change in, say, species or gender can be justified with, say, a sudden bout of magic and/or science, it will likely be allowed to happen, with a suitably good roll.
3&1/2. That being said, if you attempt something that has previously been noted as impossible or near-impossible, or should otherwise be obviously impossible at that point in time, you will be berated for stupidity, and end up not performing that action (“Roll: X…?” denotes action impossibility, where X is any available die value).

4. You can make new characters within the settings of characters belonging to other people, or have an incumbent character migrate to that setting somehow. This is encouraged, to allow for greater player interactivity.]

Flag Post

Bob
I let the medics do their work.

Flag Post

Alex: Go search for a place to sleep for the night for Alex and Anne.
Anne: Stay where you are and think.

Flag Post

KirbPaw
Determined to impress the senior warriors in the group, I attempt to catch as many prey as possible nearby.

Flag Post

[togi]

we backstab the demons as many as we can while their attention is on the city walls.

Flag Post

Name: Person McSomebody
Description: Small, thin, black hair, glasses, nerdy looking, blue eyes

Flag Post

Yellow
Recover from my run in with “The Wall”.

Flag Post

Bob
Roll: 1
Alas, your time in the shower has made the bone fragments in the arm impossible to maneuver… they’re sorry, but they’re going to have to remove it.

Alex
You head out of the building, returning to that one inn from before (and, incidentally, returning the guns you borrowed to their rightful owners with thanks)… looks like a reasonable enough place to stay, and with any luck, the bartender will help keep you and Anne safe from that murderer-type person if he shows up again.

Anne
You consider your current lot in life, and as you do so, your mind begins to drift to rather dark thoughts, relating to your nigh-invulnerable opponent, and the reasons he ended up killing you…
Roll (Memory Lane): 4
With respect to yourself, you were a spy of sorts, sent by the one who paid you to keep an eye on a rival lord and his riches. Alas, it seems that you never made it there; the guy who killed you may well have been a mercenary hired by the same rival lord, although how he found out you were making your way to him you have no idea. Regardless, you were not trained to kill people effectively, and as a result, the murderer in question planted a bullet in your skull long before you landed a hit on him. Next thing you knew, you were in a forest, and had just been kissed by some guy who’d promptly turned into a zombie, apparently due to what you’d done to him; figuring out you were now a relatively low-level member of the undead ranks was a simple matter of putting two and two together. And you’re now bound to follow this guy forever, if only because you’ll eventually die in a fairly gruesome manner if you don’t. That being said, you may want to chance going it alone, given that so far, your lifespan has very nearly ended quite a few times by this point.

Kirbpaw
You catch a few mice, sure, but jar your damaged ankle in the process, and swiftly decide not to keep doing that, since you don’t know if you’re doing additional damage to the joint or not.

Togi
Roll: 5
With unparalleled success, you charge up to the appropriate section of the demonic army, who are mostly occupied with the castle, and quickly cut a path straight through their ranks, almost reaching the walls of the building before any real resistance begins to build up against you and your lot.

Person
You begin your adventure within the confines of a rather luxurious castle. Describe your surroundings in detail if you so wish; otherwise, dictate your first action.

Yellow
Roll: 2
You remain dazed, allowing several more blanks to hit you in the process. At this point, the rest of the gang cease the ritual, and suggest that they try the same again tomorrow, when you’re being less immobile than you are at the moment. In the meantime, they’ll do their best to keep your status a secret.

Flag Post

Anne: Decide whether to stay or leave. (low roll leave, high roll stay)
Alex: Head back and tell Anne the good news about where we can go to sleep.

Flag Post

Person

The room is a bedroom, with a bed and various Star Wars and Lord Of The Rings posters everywhere. There’s also several huge tvs and game consoles. I go and see if I can find the king.

Flag Post

Kirbpaw
I eat the remainder of the painkiller herb, and slowly continue with the group to search for the odd sightings by the trail.

Flag Post

Bob
Brace for impact.

Flag Post

[togi]

we continue to kill them in their confusion. but this time heading to the gates.

Flag Post

Jayce
I drink the lemonade and then walk out of the bar to look for my house

Flag Post

Yellow
Try to stand up

Flag Post

Anne
You decide that staying put would be a good idea for the moment. You’ve made yourself kind of sad after all that remembering stuff, anyway.

Alex
You run back over to the place where Anne is, and inform her that you have a place you two can sleep in for the night. She doesn’t perk up much. Pity, that.

Person
You depart your quarters and head to the throne room, where the king currently resides with his queen next to him. He asks what you are here for.

Kirbpaw
You eat the rest of the herb without issue, and continue following after your group. One suddenly finds an oddly-shaped print on the ground – nothing like any foot you’ve seen before, too many circles in it. How strange…

Bob
A meteor suddenly explodes into fragments over the hospital, and subsequently pelt the place with pellets of molten rock. A lot of peiople in the hospital are killed outright; in your case, your damaged arm is struck by one of the fragments, and gets melted off in an extraordinarily painful manner. At least you don’t have to pay anyone for the surgery now… you are, however, completely unconscious due to extreme shock.

Togi
Roll: 3
You continue hacking away at any demons that come near you, but do not make it as far as you could have done with more skilful swordplay. The horde is really starting to press in on you now…
(Enemy Roll: 3)
A stray claw suddenly flies at you. Flailing wildly, it succeeds in scoring shallow gashes into everyone’s flesh, but is quickly beaten off before it can cause any real harm.

Jayce
Roll (Lemonade Drink): 1
Your attempt to drink the sugary liquid utterly fails, as you spill the drink down your face like some kind of uncoordinated baby. So humiliated, you force yourself to buy another glass of the stuff, and to ignore the laughter of those near you.
Roll (House Search): 5
Finishing the drink, you head out of the bar, and find your house located right next to it. Of course, that’s right… you live right next door, which is why you can visit the bar so often. How convenient!

Yellow
You manage to stand on your own two feet, having given yourself a short while to regain awareness of your surroundings. Everyone else in the gang seems to have returned to their own business… now what?

Flag Post

Alex and Anne: Head to the inn and get ready for bed.

Flag Post

[togi]

I keep on hacking at them, and told my team to block of incoming attacks.