Your Tale 3(CYOP) (locked)

58 posts

Flag Post

(This should be slightly longer than the first 2. Also, I couldn’t figure out what setting I preferred so I just picked ALL OF THEM.)

In the Rit isles, a war is fought. A war with no beginning or end. Men call it The War or The Everwar. The War is fought with gun and blade and bow. It is fought on horseback, or from the belly of a grey machine that spews forth fire; It is mostly fought on foot. The West and East fight and die, as they have for thousands of years. But, for the first time, there is fear of the stalemate breaking.

Greater Western Rit
You shuffle down the long, ornate hall. You are not looking forward to this meeting. You are clothed in…

A. Chains and rags, to face justice.

B. Your old greatcoat, to make your military past clear.

C. A fine suit and ancient timepiece. Your wealth is quite plain.

Flag Post

A.)

Flag Post

B.

Flag Post

A, so mainstream

Flag Post

I chooce C. Like a sir.

Flag Post

Roughspun rags chaff your skin, but not nearly as much as the irons around your wrists. Two urban legionnaires drag you through the marble gallery. A large set of oak doors waits for you at the end of the foyer. You are brought through them quickly enough. You are dragged up onto a raised dais and forced to kneel. Before you sits an olive skinned old man. His hair is white and leaving him; his robes are bright gold and purple. He is a hard-faced man, and scowls at you for a few minutes before he begins.

“You look odd. Where do you come from?” He asks. though there is no courtesy in his manner, he sounds interested. You guess that he isn’t used to speaking the Low Tongue. Patricians mostly speak the High Tongue.

A. He must find your hay-colored hair and pale skin odd. After all, you are a foreigner in these isles.

B. He is used to seeing his people well groomed and untouched by the sun. Your ‘olive’ skin has been scorched and beaten to leather.

C. He must not be used to seeing Southern Islanders kneel. Your soot-black beard covers most of your pale taupe face.

Flag Post

A.

Flag Post

C.

Flag Post

A.

Flag Post

You tell him about your homeland far to the north and west. He is not pleased.

“A Telleri savage… I see it now. Well, I have news for you. While you were in your cell, Lord Robin dyed his banners blue and declared for Leo the Disloyal. What do you think of that?” He sounds curious. You wonder why this is important but answer…

A. “…The Southern Isle should rebel.”

B. “…I don’t care much for politics.”

C. “…Its always sad when a lesser lord forgets his place.”

Flag Post

C.

Also,
dyed*

Flag Post

B, thank you.

Flag Post

B.

Flag Post

(Lol I don’t know how I missed “died”.)
The old man smiles deviously.

“The Republic has need of men with your… views. I will not have you in the gladiator pits, and I dislike the notion of beheading you. The rebellion in the South has cut our garrison on the Isle of Truce in half. If the Easterners attack again, they could roll over our men in hours. We’d have enemies landing on this great island within days. Your help now would win you freedom… and citizenship.”

You consider his offer. It will probably involve travelling halfway across the world and fighting a losing battle. Then again, citizenship is valuable, and freedom is better than a cell.

A. Offer to travel to the Isle of Truce.

B. Offer to help put down the southern rebellion.

C. Refuse him and serve your time.

Flag Post

A.)

Flag Post

A/B, but ditch the first chance you get.

Flag Post

A

Flag Post

“I’ll go to Truce, but I don’t see how much help a prisoner would be…”, you say, rattling your chains.

“The Major-General will see to your freedom, but you won’t be a citizen of the republic until you finish your time. A year’s contract with an option for renewal when that runs out. Quite generous terms to give to a prisoner.”

The Major-General is a short, burly bulldog of a man. His Urbans give you a field officer’s uniform with no rank, legion, or even branch. He personally hands you the belt you lost when you were arrested. What arms does the belt bear?

(There are 9 weapon choices.)

A. A blade.

B. 2 blades.

C. A gun and blade.

Flag Post

A.)

Flag Post

C.
(A is for idiots.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:

C.
(A is for idiots.)

I feel like it will add more suspense to the story XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:

C.
(A is for idiots.)

I feel like it will add more suspense to the story XD

It will get us killed. Trust me. I’d rather have a gun and a blade, not a single blade.

Flag Post

a

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

A.)

Flag Post

He hands you the leather belt. The familiar weight of your blade joins the burden of your new uniform. What blade do you wear?

A. A huge greatsword that rests behind you.

B. A quick and silent shortsword.

C. An thin, elegant katana.