Mafia with a Difference! Day 2. (locked)

153 posts

Flag Post

A different kind of Mafia that this is. The rules are the same as a mafia, but with one difference. The person who is voted/nightkilled out can choose a person to kill as well. Hopefully they will choose a player not very active, but that’s not all.

On the first day when you haven’t got any leads to go on, the story will give you some clues on whoever Mafia are.

This Mafia will relay on tasks as well so strategy will play a part heavily in this game.

Flag Post

Rules

Always follow kongregate/FGF rules.

Days/nights will be 24 hours or all the NK/votes in. (Whichever comes first.)

Active play is welcome.

Flag Post

1. Jaskaran

2. S_98

3. Igotnousername

4. Bethemoth

5. Stone

6. T6salt

7. Pulsaris

8. Ilovekirby

9. Racebandit

10. kashuushian

11. Efar

12. Wiiplayer

13. Mynameisnothing RG

14. Sebba

15. Gottasktheman

16. Mansw1

Reserves

1. Coolo

Flag Post

In normal kongregate Mafias, you get to see the roles, but not in this one. You’ll find out at the end of the game. If it gets that far.

Flag Post

Story will be here.

Flag Post

Just in case I need this.

Flag Post

A mafia. Finally.

Flag Post

whats with the R’s?

Flag Post
Originally posted by igotnousername:

whats with the R’s?

They mean "Reserved

Flag Post

heh, i thought he were spamming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

In normal kongregate Mafias, you get to see the roles, but not in this one. You’ll find out at the end of the game. If it gets that far.

Pretty sure most of the mafias made in the previous ~5 months have been closed mafias.

Sign.

Flag Post

Ooooooh. This game looknice.
Ohwait, it’s a walford game. Tempting, tempting.

Flag Post

sign me up

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

All four of you are in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:
Originally posted by Stone667:

Sign

Flag Post

You’re all in.

Flag Post

Eh, might as well polish my bad mafia skills.

Sign

Flag Post

Sign (Hmm. Vengeful kills should make this interesting… if I interpreted that correctly.)

Flag Post

Might as well sign

But is it true almost all of the mafias lately have had secret roles? I seem to remember being one of the first to do that…
That is, if no one did it during the Off-Topic days, since I wasn’t here back then.

Flag Post

You’re all in.

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

Welcome to The Kongregator Klash!

That’s right, I’m hosting another one of these things. It will definitely be better than my first two, which is difficult to accomplish, but it will happen.

First of all, yes, this is a qualifier for the tourney, but it is also a poll. The set-up of this tourney is currently undecided. So I am will be having you guys vote in thread for what kind of tourney you want this to be. The option that receives the most amount of votes will be the set-up that I will use for the tourney. I want you guys to be happy and have fun competing. The options will be posted in the post below this one.

Anyways, back to the actual qualifier. There is no limit to how many people can qualify for this. However, there is a six days and 21 hours and 12 minutes deadline for qualifying. I have made the qualifier really difficult so only the best of the best gamers can compete. The qualifier of this game is Easiest Game Ever! You must complete the whole entire game in order to qualify.

Normally, for your score to be counted, you need to post a screenshot of your end game screen, which includes your name in the top right of the game panel along side the green plug(or yellow plug, I guess), the game window, and the “High Score” section of the highscores tab. Any editing of the screenshot is not allowed. The score must be achieved during the given round. However, since this game does not have a high scores table, a screen shot of the end game screen with the chat is allowed for this qualifying round only.

You must also answer the poll in order to be considered as qualified.

Here is an example screenshot:

Before you go qualify, some things to take note of:
-No alts will be allowed. If it is found out that an alt is being used, both the alt and main will be DQ’d from this tourney.
-This tournament will likely run for about a month and a half, give or take two weeks.It may take longer or shorter based on how smoothly things actually happen and by what set up you guys choose to have.
-Cheating will not be looked kindly upon, and if solid proof of such action is found, the violator will find themselves removed from the competition. Forcibly by force.
-If you think you have found proof of someone cheating or a glitch/bug, Do not say so in this thread. Instead, whisper me Include proof and I’ll look into it.
-If you do not report a glitch to me that you have used, you may be DQ’d
-At any point during this competition I can ask anyone for video proof of a score. This must be provided or possible disqualification may occur.

Here’s the speadsheet for this thingy!
(I’m making the spreadsheet now)

This qualifier will end on Wednesday, November 13th, 2013, at 9:00PM EST.

(I feel like I’m forgetting something. Tell me if I am.)

Set-Up Poll

Ok, so basically I want you guys to be happy and I don’t want to force you to compete in a tourney with a boring set-up or a set-up that isn’t well liked. So, here are the options of different set-ups:

Option 1: This is the traditional Kongregate tourney set-up. After everyone qualifies, in each round the X number of people who score the lowest in a certain game or a combination of games get eliminated. After a certain number of rounds, which will be determined by how many people sign up, a final will be held with 2-5 people left in which there will be 3 or so games and the competitor to do best in the three games wins.

Option 2: This is a double elimination head to head tournament set-up. After the qualifying, there will be around 5 games for everyone to play. For each game, a player will receive a certain amount of points corresponding to how well they ranked in that certain game. The points for all 5 games will be added up and the top 32 or 64 players will receive a rank (depending on how many people qualify) Then, these players will be played in a double elimination bracket. The tournament will progress and the final person standing will win. (This was the set-up I was leaning towards, but I didn’t know how well it would be received)

Option 3: This is a points competition set-up. Similarly to Option 2, all of the competitors will be competing in a certain number of games, and they will receive a certain number of points based on their ranking in each game. The player with the most amount of points after all the games will be the winner. This set-up is similar to BestMte’s Rise and Fall, except without teams.

Option 4: This is a “beat the average” set-up. After the qualification round, there will be a certain number of rounds in which the competitors compete to get the highest score possible. At the deadline of each round, all players below the average score will be eliminated. This will continue until one player remains. It is also a possibility that scores could be so high that a majority are eliminated in a single round. In order to prevent this, the top few and bottom few scores will not be calculated into the mean.

If you don’t like any of the options, then feel free to suggest your own set-up. All set-ups that are considered possible and not too crazy I will be adding to this post so that they can be voted on.

All votes must be submitted in thread along with your qualification.