Wasteland [RP] [Game] page 2

48 posts

Flag Post

Jared
Walking out of the hospital, clutching a fairly large sack of priceless golden objects, I start walking in a north-eastern direction to Pit City. As I continue walking, I put my sack of gold into my backpack, and pull out a small canteen of water. As I unscrew the cap, I tilt it up to my head to take a greedy mouthful, but all I get is a small drop. I put the cap back on.
“Damn shame,” I mutter under my breath.

As I cross the ridge, I spot a fairly large manhole cover. As I walk towards it, i pull a foldable crowbar out of my backpack, and walk over to it. As I study the strange contraption, It becomes apparent that this is no ordinary tunnel. Instead of the usual “manhole”, this appears to be some kind of pressurized steam cover, with a wheel at the top of it. I walk up to the top of it, and start pulling the wheel to the left. It doesn’t move. I pull harder. Still no movement.
I let go of it and take a deep breath, then grab a hold of it. I pull it to the right with all the strength I can gather. At first, it doesn’t move still, but after a few seconds, I hear the sound of rust being scratched, and a rusty metal-on-metal noise. As I finally pull it to where I want it to go, I hear four blasts of steam (Or pressurized air) being jetted out from the sides of the manhole. I quickly let go of the wheel and leap off, taking care not to get hit by the jets. The manhole opens up slightly at the bottom, and I go over to it and lift it up, exposing a ladder that goes a long way down. I grab hold of the first rung of the ladder, then lower myself down into the shaft. The rungs creak slightly after centuries of misuse, but I dismiss the noises and continue down. As I reach the bottom, I enter a room that is pitch black with darkness. I pull a small chemical torch out of my satchel and shake it up, then pull the pin out of the top. As the air seeps into the chemicals, it causes a chain reaction which lights the chemicals up and provides light. I grab hold of the side of the glass beaker, and hold it up in front of me.
As the chemical lamp bathes the room in light, I apparently see that this is some type of storage room. I set the chemical lamp down on a nearby box and, while rubbing my hands together, quietly whisper, “This should be fun.”

(Continued later)

Flag Post

TWO
I stare at the now blank sky. I see a figure headed towards me in the distance, so I decide to go underground and try to find more fireworks, since they might be kept in bundles. I find one that fires 5 in a row. I quickly head back up and light up the fireworks. This time the fireworks glow white in the sky. The first one goes to the side because of rot, but the rest hit the sky. Beautiful white sparkles appear and I hope to have gotten the man’s attention.

Flag Post

John
Not long after the lights in the sky disappear more lights appear in the sky. I follow them and soon I see where the lights were coming from. There was a man standing there firing the lights into the sky. “How did you get those lights in the sky?” I ask the man.

Flag Post

TWO
As I see another man approaching, asking a question, I state, “Well, there are these rare things called fireworks. I come from many miles south, and I’ve always learned something as I went from place to place. You see, these fireworks are like rockets and use fuel to launch. Then they explode. Simple as that most likely. What are you doing here?”

Flag Post

John
“I’m looking for my memory. I’ve been looking for several days and I’ve found almost nothing.”

Flag Post

(cont’d)
Jared
I throw a filthy cardboard box aside, trying to clear a way through. When I toss a small metallic crate aside, I take my chemical lamp and put it down on a musty box nearby. I roll up my sleeves on my jacket, wipe a bit of sweat away from my forehead, and pull on the wheel of the door. It lets out a bit of steam, then quickly opens up, dozens of gallons of water all over the floor. Soon, the room is ankle-deep in water. I walk through the door, taking care to pick up my chemical lamp as I do. I then walk inside.

There appears to be a few boxes in here, but I can’t open them without some sort of special tool to remove the iron bolts embedded in the boxes. I sit down on one of them and think. How can I open these?

Flag Post

I’m gonna hate myself for abandoning this, but I guess I just lost interest in this rpg.
Next poster has permission to suicide me.

Flag Post

*RP

Well, I guess goodbye Dev.

Flag Post

sorry….

Flag Post

Emile

He remained unconscious for some time before being jolted awake by another one of his nightmares. They occurred more often now, for whatever reason. Emile pushed himself off of the ground, adjusting his clothes so that they weren’t glued to his body.

“Don’t move!” He hears someone from behind him exclaim, but before Emile could turn around, there was a blade pressed against the side of his neck. He eyeballed part of the hand resting on his shoulder, then quickly grabbed it and pushed it away from him as he simultaneously turned around to punch the assailant in the face.

Flag Post

TWO
I start digging around and find an old vending machine in the wall. I look at John and smash it open with the butt of my rifle. “Let’s talk over some.. Let’s see… Sn!ckers? You said you lost your memory? What have you forgotten? What do you know?”

Flag Post

Isaac

A few days since he began questioning his need in the town, he finds himself walking home again. I still do not know what to do… He slowly makes his way home when he hears an unfamiliar sound.

Looking behind himself, he finds himself looking at an object going up in the sky before a loud bang is produced. What… What is that!?! That is not natural! Several more go off.

I… I should draw this… I never saw it happen before!

Getting out his nib pen, a piece of paper, and his ink well, he draws as fast as his mind can remember. Finishing the drawing, he finds himself surprised at the quality.I bet someone might want this to remember the events… Maybe I can earn more then just enough for food.

He begins to draw out more papers, trying to match the detail of the first drawing.

Flag Post

John
I know I’m 5’6" tall, I have Red hair, Green eyes, a Wool cap, and Amnesia. Oh and I know my name is John.

Flag Post

TWO

“Amnesia? Never heard of such a thing.” Opens a package of skittles. All of the preservatives that we found harmful to our body are now useful. “Want one? Either way, I like to forget stuff too. I know of the fact that there is some thing out there in the world better than this besides death. Somewhere, something is waiting for us. You know, I don’t have much past worth remembering. All I know is that I’m hunted. Have you ever heard of the silver bullet clan? Yeah, they don’t like me.” I lead John to my home after grabbing as many snacks as possible. I show him what I’ve constructed. “You can stay here if you want. Of course, if I could, I’d stay in town, but I’m unwanted.”

Flag Post

ba da bump
(I don’t want this to die, post guys)

Flag Post

Jared
I can’t figure out how to open these damn boxes, so I settle for the wooden and cardboard crates. In the cardboard boxes, I find a few emergency supplies, with small trays of food, a few canteens of water, a candle lamp, and a bedroll. I take the bedroll and put it in my pack. Now i won’t need to give away all my loot in exchange for a bed, i thought somewhat gleefully. I also grab the food and water, but I leave the lamp there, as I don’t need it. I have plenty of chemical lamps anyway.

The chemical lamp!

I quickly rush back into the room I was in. The chemical lamp was doing alright, but the box it was sitting on looked like it could tip over at any moment. I quickly grab the lamp, and head back into the room. Looking through all the other boxes, i didn’t find anything much better except for a box of what looked like metal scraps, a few silver eating utensils (The fork poked a hole in my pack, damnit), and some more food and water, which I gladly took. When I got done, I carefully held the box of scrap metal below my arm, and headed back up to the surface with my loot.

Flag Post

John
“Why aren’t you wanted?”

Flag Post

TWO
“No one likes unwanted visitors.” I start digging into the trash of my home to tidy it up. I use a long piece of wood to hold my ‘bed’ (the multiple pieces of cloth found) up and stop it from spilling out. It seems there was only a thin layer of trash here and that I’ve hit tile. “What do you remember earliest? How do I know you won’t betray me?”

Flag Post

Emile

What an idiot, he thought to himself, the guy had planned to attack me even though I clearly didn’t have anything on me, not even a damn can of food.

Emile kept walking after taking the man’s knife and searching him just in case he had anything else on him. He was as empty-handed as Emile, which may be the reason why he went for the attack in the first place. Like they always say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Flag Post

John
“The earliest thing I remember is waking up somewhere, seeing the name John written on a stone and walking around asking people where I was.”

Flag Post

TWO
“Really? Well, I guess you have no interest in stabbing me then. Feel free to do what you want, but be warned, I do not tolerate looting. I’m going to get working on cleaning this place up and finally settle down.” I dig around throwing useless things to the halls and eventually scavanging enough to build a frame for my ‘bed’ (I found a hammer and nails along with the rest of the needed wood).

Flag Post

Jared
After I get up out of the chamber, I push the hatch back down and do my best to re-seal it, covering it in as much junk as I can to hide it. After I do, I pick up my box of scrap metal and start hauling it off, heading in a north-eastern direction to Pit City.

Flag Post

Emile

“Pst, over here!”

Emile turned around, almost startled by the unexpected voice. “Whoever’s there, show yourself!” He gripped the knife tightly and brought it up into a defensive position.

Olivia stepped out from the bushes, her eyes fixated upon his new weapon. “It’s only me, EJ. I sneaked out of camp to track you not too long ago. I want to come with you, wherever it is you’re going. My brother’s still fixated on what happened, and it’s only getting worse. If I were to stay another minute—”

“You’re not coming with me, Olivia. I’ve already been attacked, my stomach remains empty since the scraps I had yesterday, and even worse, I’ve yet to have a single drop of water. I passed out on this very road a while back, but for some miraculous reason, I woke up unscathed. Basically, it’s too dangerous out here for you, and you probably won’t make it past a week or so.”

She looked hurt, but she knew he was right. Still, he was so emotionless, almost as if he was relieved to not look after her. “So that’s it then, I’ll never see you again?”

“Probably not.”

Tears formed at the corner of her eyes, but she remained silent, knowing that arguing with him would get her nowhere. Instead, she turned around and never looked back. Emile only looked at her, unsure of his emotions.