A Change of Terrain: A strategical "civilization" game page 6 (locked)

257 posts

Flag Post

Year: 1500
People: 50,000
Inventions:
Ideas: Sedentary Life, Conservation, Religion, Language
Elements: Meat, Ivory, Salt, Glass, Gold, Wood, Lenses
Inventions: Domesticated Cattle, Tools, Utensils, Cities, Telescopes, Microscopes

Originally posted by VictorGabriM:

(Why are someones killing the people?)
I send a small note writen by the gods on a paper, saying that only with faith they will achive happiness.

(Le note: with this, they should re-discover religion, or at least discover paper)

Why must i keep saying this… Unnatural, therefore invalid.

Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

I continue targeting windows in hopes that someone will remember that glass was a holy object and, you know, figures out whats going on. Otherwise I might have to be creative and think of another way to get their faith back.

The cult uses this opportunity to brainwash people into believing that the old gods still exist. Soon, half the people believe in the gods, but the other half still believes in science and logic. The city soon becomes divided between two factions: the Scholar Knights, and the Guardians of Sky. A fierce war breaks out, killing many innocent people.
- 1000 People

Flag Post

Burn the note with a firestorm occurring in a cloud over the village; see how they react to the intense “light show” that blocks the sun.

Flag Post

I make rain down a litle, creating a lake.

Flag Post

I send down a weird looking object from the heavens. It looks like a device of some sort. No wait… its just a rock.

Flag Post

On a cloudy day, I slowly open up a small lowly populated section of the town, into a small ditch that could quite easily have people get in and out without any deaths or injuries, then as it opens up a massive chunk of diamond 15x bigger then the hope diamond, with a symbol seemingly made like normal cracks formed by nature seem to form the words “ARKENARKEN” on it facing the entrance that just opened up in the center of the ditch. As the first person sees it, and goes to tell others, then when the others arrive a break in the clouds cause a single beam of light, heading directing on the diamond, as the beam of light touches it, the diamond lights up and the natural cracks that formed “ARKENARKEN” seem to become much easier to see.

[Edit:] [I hope you take note about the fact that everything I did in this post can occur in nature.]

Flag Post

i shook the ground, causing mild earthquakes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kilozombie:

Burn the note with a firestorm occurring in a cloud over the village; see how they react to the intense “light show” that blocks the sun.

The Scholars believe that this is a natural chemical combustion of chemicals inside the clouds, but the Guardians consider it an act of the gods.

I make rain down a litle, creating a lake.

It rains, making various oases around the desert.

Originally posted by gammaflux:

I send down a weird looking object from the heavens. It looks like a device of some sort. No wait… its just a rock.

The Scholars get a hold of the object first and study it, then discard it, making sure that the Guardians never get a hold of it.

Descriptions
Scholar Knights: The Scholar Knights are dedicated to defending the acquisition of knowledge, and will do anything in their power to gain more of it. The scholars have a relatively simple “Council” system, with two scientists and two normal people making up a council. A three-fourths majority must be had for any major decisions.

Guardians of Sky: Pretty much a tyrant organization, the Guardians rule their half of the city with an iron fist. Religion is a required course in school, people are required to attend temple services, and anyone who disrespects the gods will be publicly executed. Their leader is said to be elected by the god Masterchief himself.

Originally posted by arkenarken:

On a cloudy day, I slowly open up a small lowly populated section of the town, into a small ditch that could quite easily have people get in and out without any deaths or injuries, then as it opens up a massive chunk of diamond 15x bigger then the hope diamond, with a symbol seemingly made like normal cracks formed by nature seem to form the words “ARKENARKEN” on it facing the entrance that just opened up in the center of the ditch. As the first person sees it, and goes to tell others, then when the others arrive a break in the clouds cause a single beam of light, heading directing on the diamond, as the beam of light touches it, the diamond lights up and the natural cracks that formed “ARKENARKEN” seem to become much easier to see.

[Edit:] I hope you take note about the fact that everything I did in this post can occur in nature.]

The Guardiansget a hold of it, but they throw it into the lava river due to you being Satan and all. They now consider Diamonds to be unholy, and anyone caught wearing a diamond will be executed.

Originally posted by igotnousername:

i shook the ground, causing mild earthquakes.

Nothing happens.

Flag Post

I create a new species: Half dog, Half elephant.

Flag Post

Create a number of termites on the far side of the forest, making sure they make a nest that is somewhat hard to see, but not hard to trained individuals. Enhance their breeding so they make babies at a faster pace than Earth ones.

Flag Post

I create a controled holy fire on top of a lake, hoping people will start beliving.

Flag Post

i continue causing mild earthquakes an hour everyday

Flag Post

I cause a lightning storm, bringing lightning and fire down upon the Scholar Knights. I keep the fire mostly on the far end away from the Guardians of Sky so it is less likely that the fire will spread to the Guardian’s territory. Oh, and I’ll be keeping an eye on their leader…we’ll see how worthy he is of my endorsement.

Flag Post

I create a new species: Half dog, Half elephant.

…No.

Create a number of termites on the far side of the forest, making sure they make a nest that is somewhat hard to see, but not hard to trained individuals. Enhance their breeding so they make babies at a faster pace than Earth ones.

The carrot-people soon discover the termites. They take them back to their carrot-people city, and start farming the termites for food.

I create a controled holy fire on top of a lake, hoping people will start beliving.

The Scholar-Knights are at a loss to explain this, and the Guardians seize their opportunity. They easily take control of the city, leaving the Scholars with little more than 3 districts out of the total 13. Soon, the Guardians start enslaving the populace, forcing them to work on grand projects for the gods. Thousands of people die working on these projects.

NEW: Slavery

- 3000 People

Originally posted by igotnousername:

i continue causing mild earthquakes an hour everyday

Still, nothing happens.

I cause a lightning storm, bringing lightning and fire down upon the Scholar Knights. I keep the fire mostly on the far end away from the Guardians of Sky so it is less likely that the fire will spread to the Guardian’s territory. Oh, and I’ll be keeping an eye on their leader…we’ll see how worthy he is of my endorsement.

The Guardians soon control almost all of the city, with the Scholars only controlling a few parts of the city. Soon, Scholarism spreads to the underside of the city, and they set up a small settlement underneath the city.

Meanwhile, the Guardians continue to rule the city with an iron fist, and more people die as the massive construction works on the city kill many slaves.

- 1000 People

(Jeez, this sounds like a really good RP.)

Flag Post

I send down a meteor emanating a strong energy near the Scholar-Knight’s kingdom.

Flag Post

I didn’t mean it D:

Create heavy rain to show my discontentament and sadnes, hoping that the guardians will BLOODY STOP ENSLAVING PEOPLE.

Flag Post

I send down a meteor emanating a strong energy near the Scholar-Knight’s kingdom.

Unfortunately, the Scholar Knights live under the city, so when the meteor hits, it busts through a large portion of the city and destroys much of the Guardian leader’s palace.

I didn’t mean it D:

Create heavy rain to show my discontentament and sadnes, hoping that the guardians will BLOODY STOP ENSLAVING PEOPLE.

A heavy rain soon pounds down onto the city, destroying homes and damaging property. The Guardians enslave even more people to build shades to protect the city.

- 2000 People

Flag Post

I shall now permit the scholars to survive. For now. Now, I observe the leader of the guardians, make sure that he preforms his daily rituals and doesn’t abuse his power. I shall not let an unworthy leader rule my people.

Flag Post

Create a small fire in the guardians’ city.

Flag Post

From the rift that the diamond with Arkenarken came on, again rises another one, but made of malachite ore:

SLAVERY = DIAMOND

DIAMOND = SIN

Flag Post

I shall now permit the scholars to survive. For now. Now, I observe the leader of the guardians, make sure that he preforms his daily rituals and doesn’t abuse his power. I shall not let an unworthy leader rule my people.

(Too bad that humans are way too greedy.)

The Guardian leader continues enslaving people to build grand temples. Meanwhile the Scholars start praying to the god Arkenarken to help them in their quest for knowledge.

On the top of the city, more people die from the moldy food and stagnant water that the Guardians give their slaves.

- 1000 People

Create a small fire in the guardians’ city.

The fire soon spreads around the city, burning down many buildings. Many Guardian clergy die from the fire.

- 1200 People

From the rift that the diamond with Arkenarken came on, again rises another one, but made of malachite ore:

SLAVERY = DIAMOND

DIAMOND = SIN

The Scholars take this malachite gem and study it.

Flag Post

i sent a prophet to give the 10 commandments

Flag Post

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Try to send a signal to the guardians, so they stop killing people.

(BTW, can I send a my custom bible to the people of the guardians?)

Flag Post

I do not care for the slaves unless they do something like a mass repent or request my help. As far as the construction of grand temples, as long as they are built to honor me I do not care. If they don’t, though, I’ll blow them up. For now I wait and watch.

Flag Post

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

(No, the Guardians worship MasterChief and consider all other gods to be EVIIIIIIIIIIL.)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

The Guardians consider this to be a signal from MasterChief, so they start a “Great Purge” to rid the city of unbelievers. Many people die.

- 5000 People

I do not care for the slaves unless they do something like a mass repent or request my help. As far as the construction of grand temples, as long as they are built to honor me I do not care. If they don’t, though, I’ll blow them up. For now I wait and watch.

(Jeez, you’re an evil god, man.)

Flag Post

Try to give hope to the scared citizens under the guardians by making a cloud formation of the word “gammaflux”