Our Tale(Sign-up)

25 posts

Flag Post

R4L

Flag Post

I have diagnosed the problems with my games:

1.Characterization

Your Tale focuses on broad characterization, but people who are unhappy with said characterization are stuck with it. I have fixed this by changing the nature of the game.

2.Sameness

Your Tale was becoming repetitive. I drew too much from too few sources, and made 3 games that are almost the same thing. I have drastically changed the setting to fix this.

Hopefully, this is an improvement on my previous games.

Story:

Across an Ink-black sea of void, a light has grown. It is a mighty Resurrection, spreading its grip across the Terran Empire. It will soon touch Earth and catch fire.
It is a societal shift. Intellectuals across the Empire are considering the old philosophers again. The ancient notions of Freedom and Liberty are inciting the colonies to test the chains that bind them to Earth. Unbelief has grown to rival even the Old Faiths. The entire system is on the verge of war, and you happen to be on colony that starts it.

Sign-up sheet:
Name:(First and Last.)
Occupation:(Anything that currently exists, i.e. Doctor, Preacher, Soldier, and Farmer are all valid occupations. No scientists or politicians.)
Brief Description:(So I can see a little of your character; just enough for your intro. Include marital and financial status, as well as religion.)

Signs:
1. Alexander Bentz(gammaflux)
2. Michaelan Apted(michaelan)
3. Philippe Beauregard(MasterCheif987)
4. John Grimm(overfrost)
(More are welcome, up to 5)

Flag Post

Are we allowed to post?

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

Are we allowed to post?

Yes.

Flag Post

For clarification:
This game will be like an RP, but less free-form. It will play like a game of Your Tale that you play alone, in a setting including other players’ characters.

Flag Post

Name: Alexander Bentz (Goes by Alex)
Description: Alexander Bentz is a tall thin man in his early 20’s who is an overall weakling. He isn’t really able to talk to other people mostly due to his shy and reserved nature. (However he does want to talk to them) Alexander is also a chef specializing in a broad range of food. Local recipes mostly, but he does know a few recipes from other countries. He has medium length dark hair with no hair facially. He works in a small restaurant as one of the main chefs.
Marital Status: N/A Due to his shy nature he hasn’t been able to talk to girls outside of family. He would like to meet a girl one day.
Financial Status: Overall Alexander just gets by. The restaurant hasn’t gained much popularity over the few years its been up.
Religion: Alexander worships the god of happiness. He just wants to be happy and be appreciated for what he is.

(Is this good?)

Flag Post

That is excellent, gamma.
A few tips about the setting:
The population is one fourth christian, one fourth muslim, and one fourth atheist.
Today’s religions along with strange cults make up the rest of the population.
Many traditionally poor occupations can be quite wealthy. “Farmer” may refer to an overseer on a huge robot-labor plantation.

Flag Post

@slothman400 so does every player have their own story? Or are all the players in a “group”? and if not is it still possible to meet up with another player?

Flag Post

Every player has their own story, but meeting up will be the goal early on. Groups can break apart, and if different characters have different political views, they will unavoidably clash.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slothman400:

Every player has their own story, but meeting up will be the goal early on. Groups can break apart, and if different characters have different political views, they will unavoidably clash.

Ok also when does the game start? (in a few days and/or when more people sign up?)

Flag Post

I’m just waiting for two more signs.

Flag Post

Name: Michaelan Apted (can be referred to as mich or michael)
Description Michaelan is an experienced engineer, with a broad understanding of manufacturing utilizing modern or primitive technology. He is a born leader, used to giving orders and not used to them not being followed through. He is fairly stubborn and will rarely change his plan. His greatest weakness lies in his inability to fight with weapons ranging from fists to guns.
Marital Status: Michaelan is a widower; his wife “mysteriously” disappeared. Suspecting murder, this event has caused a mild affliction of paranoia in Michaelan.
Financial Status: Michaelan’s superb engineering skills have granted him a wealthy income, but not to the point where he his incompetent with menial, everyday tasks.
Religion: Michaelan is a bit of an agnostic atheist. He is primarily rejecting of the idea of a god, but he is open most religious views.

Flag Post

Accepted.
One more and the game can start.
I think it will start tomorrow.

Flag Post

Name: John grimm
Description: John is a 22 year old High school Janitor with Blue eyes, Brown hair and a Beard.
Marital status: Single
Financial status: He’s actually been losing money since he took his new job.
Religion: Undecided, Conflicted, Confused, Something like that.

Flag Post

Name: Philippe Beauregard
Brief Description:
Appearance: Philippe is 5’8 and rather average in size, a bit on the thin side. He has become a very successful artist due to his ability to pain anything from abstract the photo-realism with stunning quality. He has always been a bad person though, and loves stealing from his rich employers. He is trustworthy, sort of. He’ll probably betray you the moment a better option shows up, but hey, he might not.
Marital Status: Philippe is a strong independent caucasian man who don’t need no woman
Financial Status: Philippe is, how would you say, loaded. He doesn’t like to live like he is though, and it doesn’t stop him from stealing more. He does it more for the thrill than the money anyways.
Religion: Philippe doesn’t care about your petty religious opinions, he’ll make up his mind when he’s on his deathbed and it’s sorta important.

Flag Post

Overfrost, I think “janitor” might be a little unambitious. You could be anything from a brain surgeon to a special-forces trained commando. Please try not to be so boring.
Mastercheif, you are accepted.

Flag Post

Overfrost, I think “janitor” might be a little unambitious. You could be anything from a brain surgeon to a special-forces trained commando. Please try not to be so boring.

I think being a janitor might be an advantage in a situation like this. Although he might not have particular skills like a doctor or soldier, he knows how to get his hands dirty and do what needs to be done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

I think being a janitor might be an advantage in a situation like this. Although he might not have particular skills like a doctor or soldier, he knows how to get his hands dirty and do what needs to be done.

Not to mention he probably has a clean house. (and to an extent doesn’t get as sick as most people)

Flag Post

Alright, fine. Having one poor character might be interesting. The game will start sometime soon.

Flag Post

I hope Mr. Janitor can fight because right now I’m the closest thing to a fighter in our group, and I’m a thief. Unless I’m mistaken, thieves don’t do a lot of fighting. It’s mostly stealing and running.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

I hope Mr. Janitor can fight because right now I’m the closest thing to a fighter in our group, and I’m a thief. Unless I’m mistaken, thieves don’t do a lot of fighting. It’s mostly stealing and running.

Janitors are usually pretty physically fit. If we team up, I could craft a club or something for him to maul people.

Flag Post

Never underestimate the power of an angry Janitor.

Flag Post

The game has started.

Flag Post

The game has started.

Yayz.

Signs:
1. Alexander Bentz(gammaflux)
2. Michaelan Apted(michaelan)
3. Philippe Beauregard(MasterCheif987)
4. John Grimm(overfrost)
(More are welcome, up to 5)

I am so very happy to see this. Too many participants would be far too hard to manage, and the game would die fairly soon.

Flag Post

name:jackson joe
occupipation:soldier
apperance:standard issue military clothing,standard issue kelvar vest,standard issue military helm.,brown hair,blue eyes
breif description:a quite tough soldier.
even though he’s a private,he acts like a man higher rank than him.he also takes his trusty M4 and his glock 17 with him on most missions.
financial status:he has a average amount of money.
religion:cristian