Co-op Speedrunning Showdown! page 2 (locked)

53 posts

Flag Post

Leldeath

Flag Post

Well, round end. LouShawn win with 4:11.28. Sam and Maist are eliminated. The competition ends due to lack of activity. If you both think it should go on for one more round, say on the thread. If no posts are made until tomorrow I’ll lock this.

Flag Post

Lou up for one last 1v1? Srs? Maybe we can choose The Tall Stump :p.

Flag Post

Meh, what game?

Flag Post

Sorry, I was going to post a score but I’ve been afk for two whole days. Weekends are not a good time to catch me at a computer. I’m totally up for an epic final round—since it’s Shawner, I’m guaranteed to win. So how does this work? We both choose a game?

Flag Post

Oh, too late.

Flag Post

Oops. Forgot about this, sorry. Got a little bit too carried away.

OK, so now both of you choose a game, I guess since it’s the final you could choose games that a run takes more than 5 minutes too (so up to 10 minutes). Preferentially games where your scoring is your time, so the winner is the one who takes the least time on the two games combined.

I don’t know, what schedule would be best for you?

Flag Post

Does Canabalt count as a speedrun game?

Flag Post

Yes.

(If you can get how).

Flag Post

Really? Better not though. What about 99 Bricks?

Flag Post

Same thing. Though THAT one I don’t recommend. (Well, I’ll spoil this already: you can set a task of “get at least 600 meters” or something like that, so what you want to do is reach that requirement as fast as you can. That would be a little luck based… But it’s your choice. I thought about this possibility when defining the rules, I thought Solipskier could be pretty fun if someone figured that out.)

Flag Post

Better would be make a tower of 99 as quick as possible. No, here’s my (serious this time) preferred options:
If I can choose a game that’s not on Kong, I choose GUR 2 hard mode. Score itself is not time, but is entirely dependent on time, and total time is displayed on the end game screen.
Otherwise, I’m happy for Shawner or you to pick one of the following:
Bullet Time Ninja – doesn’t have an overall high score stat for best time
Neon Maze – score not measured in time
Hexiom Connect – probably random size 4
Raider Episode 2
STTKY – no high scores
TITOLTOO – no high scores

I think they’re all doable in under 10 minutes.

Flag Post

I’m completely good with GUR2 hard mode. As a backup, I’m fine with Raider 2 and TITOL 2.

Flag Post

You get to pick a game too (I think).

Flag Post

Ok TITOL2 as my choice if GUR2 is being chosen.

Flag Post

May as well start then. By the way, you jelly?
EDIT: GUR 2 attempt #1:

pretty sure I can do it less than 10

Flag Post

No major mistakes.

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/FfsL6mG.png
Getting there. My excuse for level 8 is that I was refining my speedrun technique. My excuse for level 9 is that I suck.

Flag Post

Since you both didn’t answer when you think would be a good time to end the round, it’s going to end at Sunday midnight. And the games are fine, (really, if your opponent didn’t say a thing about it then it is ok).

Flag Post

If Sunday midnight means in about 10 minutes, then this is it for me (I would however prefer it to mean 11:59 Sunday, as I have started to get into this mode, having not played it before this):

Also, are we going to base GUR2 score on time, or the given score?

Flag Post

Well I got my sub 10 minutes.

Still a lot of room for improvement. I reckon the first 5 levels are doable in 1:20, probably less (I got to level 6 with 1:38 on the clock this run, and died 3 times). Level 6 takes about 30 seconds, level 7,8,9 are probably the hardest levels, but they’re short (10-20 seconds each), so say 45 seconds for them, 10 is doable in 10, and the last two probably another 45.
So an optimal run would be 3:30ish. I had another go at titoltoo, still about 30 seconds off my best (2:45, which is probably within 10 seconds of optimal)

Flag Post

By “Sunday midnight” I meant 11 hours from now. I thought it was well explained on the first post.
So currently Lou is winning, and Shawn must get a score of 9:48.69 on GUR2 to win.

Flag Post

Big improvement.

Flag Post

Yeah I give up. If it was midnight Kong time, like I thought it was, I might try some more.

Flag Post

I hope your serious, as I just got a massive choke on GUR2 (no deaths until level 11, followed by 5 really dumb deaths on the middle part for some reason). Anyways well played, I didn’t even know I could do that score in GUR2 with so little playtime.