Control TCG page 4

94 posts

Flag Post

1) I have been talking with DAZ about that, since I personally find it weird that I can’t use my Placebo and have a shot at reclaiming a nearly lost game (playing a card that doubles my DRK generation for a while or something).

Yes, well, Darkness is HP and MP combined, so I can only assume that 0 Darkness has the logical consequence of immediate game loss, as per most games.

To protect them also, I assume, from cards which have Devour?

Or any other cards that would eradicate them in an undue fashion.

And not to nitpick, but could you use Consumption? I have a weird pet peeve when you use Consummation, since I recently played 5 Days a Stranger.

…suuuuuure? I guess consumption condition works too…

That was bad phrasing on my part, hah. It doesn’t mean that the cards are not OP, though. It is pretty easy to show how nearly every combination of 2 horsemen seals the win for the lucky guy who started off first.

If you play two Horsemen, you end up at either exactly 0 Darkness, assuming Darkness generation doesn’t apply to the first turn when you’re already starting off with 15, or 2 Darkness, which leaves you in a very bad spot indeed when it comes to defending yourself from your opponent’s next attack, since nearly any monster of worth in terms of damage will be able to destroy you immediately.
Incidentally, we’ve always assumed monsters can attack the turn they’re played, as well as being able to attack on the first turn of the game at all. Should that be the case, or do we want to prevent “instantly defeat your opponent” situations like “two Conquests in the first turn”?

And I disagree. Conquest, at the very least, should be a top-rank monster.

Conquest, maybe, given that the worse your opponent is doing in terms of monsters, the easier it gets to deplete all their Darkness. The others, uh… probably not Pestilence and Famine, but possibly Death and War, given that they can potentially gain a lot of damage each if you don’t get rid of them. That being said, do we intend to have card rarities dictating general power and deck presence?

Flag Post

Look at the changes in deck composition please. Also, feel free to ue these not requirement cards from these…

Basic Guardian

Cost: 5
To consume: Enemy pays darkness equal to this card’s cost, or discards the top 2 cards of their deck.
Damage: 3
Specials:
Guardian Source – As long as this unit is in play, other allied forces cannot be consumed, but in situations where that makes this or that unit invincible, those conditions are ignored.
Protectorate – If an enemy attacks, this unit can apply it’s damage to reduce the darkness damage of that unit by that amount, not lower than 0. Damage used in this fasion cannot be used to inflict damage against an enemy, and is applied only once per turn.

Elite Guardian

Cost: 8
To consume: Enemy pays darkness equal to this card’s cost, or discards the top 2 cards of their deck.
Damage: 5
Specials:
Shield – This card must be the recipient of any and all enemy actions. If this makes for a situation of invincibility, those parameters are ignored.
Protectorate – If an enemy attacks, this unit can apply it’s damage to reduce the darkness damage of that unit by that amount, not lower than 0. Damage used in this fasion cannot be used to inflict damage against an enemy, and is applied only once per turn.
Antimagic Source – This unit is immune to any magic that costs less than his damage value after protectorate.

Transparency

Special: Until your next turn, nobody may defend against attacks.

Periscope

Cost: 3
Special: This card can only be played if you control a delta ironclad. Look at the top 3 cards of any deck, then place this card at the bottom of your deck. Then return those cards in the same order.

Flag Post

Three Second Rule
Cost: 3 darkness
Effect: Only play after 1 or more monsters were killed. Pick one and return it to your hand.

Flag Post

… when can I expect to be dueling?

Flag Post

dev, this isn’t the full version of the game. It’s just a pre-game card making session thing.

Flag Post

K…. I’ll wait for the 2nd phaze then.
Plz pm me. I am planning to keep my card ideas hidden, but progressive during duels.

I see nothing wrong with making cards as I go…

Flag Post

The Consumer
Cost: 10
Damage: ?
To Consume: ? (Without Equips: Pay 3 darkness)
Abilities:
Absorb – If this card is on your side of the field, you can kill one of your monsters and equip it to this. If the sacrificed monster is alive at the end of this turn, kill this card.
Morph – If this card has equips to it, it’s attack is the sum of the equip’s attack. To remove equips, either player must pay the equip’s consume.
Morph2 – This card has all of the abilities of it’s equips.

Exploding Leech
Cost: 4
Damage: 8
To consume: The turn ends.
Abilities:
Suicide – This card can be killed to kill another monster with less attack.

Power Leech
Damage: 2
To Consume: Pay 5 darkness
Abilities:
Leech Power – This card’s damage is equal to 0. Equip this card to any monster. Every turn the monster loses 1 attack. If the monster has 0 attack when this activates, kill the monster.

Armor
Cost: 7
Damage: 0
To Consume: Receive damage from an attack / effect that deals over 9 damage.
Abilities:
Armor – All damage that the owner of this card receives is reduced by 1. Cannot have attack over 0.

Betrayer
Cost: 0
Damage: 1
To Consume: Pay 7 darkness.
Abilities:
Fierce – When this enters play, your opponent takes 6 damage and this card is controlled by the opponent.

Flag Post

Holy Shield

Effect:

Monster of your choice (one that is in play) must now be consumed twice in order to get rid of it. The first time it is consumed, the monster’s damage is halved.

Flag Post

I guess I better explain all the cards then… and how I will progress….
it’s likely that you won’t accept cards midstream, knowing your ways, right?

Phaze 1: deepsea expedition

Goal: Most the forces are relying on rebreathers at this point. The goal is to stop relying on subs, make a proper environmental base, and try to surface as quickly as possible through a series of duels. Recently, resources are running low, and conflicts are rising, so the forces have little choice in that matter.

The Goblin menace
I noticed some goblins. Goblins are known to be good crafters, so that works nicely towards my development plans for cards.
Goal is simple. Just duel well enough to impress the goblins to join our ranks. That’s it. These cards will emerge:

My Cards:

Goblin Raider
Atk: 2
To consume: Enemy must have at least 3 cards who’s costs are equal or higher than this one.
Special:
When this card attacks, you may search your deck or grave for a seamine and put it into play.
When this card has ‘rebreather’, each turn, flip a coin, on heads, enemy discards the top card of his deck, on tails, this unit can attack twice.

Seamines
Atk: 2
To consume: Enemy must have more forces than your own.
Specials:
When this card does damage, flip a coin, on heads, the enemy discards the top card of his deck, on tails, this card is destroyed.
When this card is consumed or destroyed, inflict double the attack to a chosen enemy.
This card has the rebreather special.

His New Cards: (if approved)

Goblin Saboteur
Atk: 5
To consume: Flip a coin each turn. On tails, this card is destroyed. On heads, loose 1 darkness.
Special:
If an enemy has monsters with more damage than this one, you steal 1 darkness per turn from that person for each one.
If this monster is consumed and has rebreather, you may search you deck for a goblin or orgre that costs less than this units attack value from your deck and put it into your hand.

Probe Mines
Atk: 6
To consume: Tally how many goblins have been consumed. At 3 goblins, one of these is destroyed.
Special:
If the enemy has less monster than you have, damage is cut in half. If they have more, during each attack, you may search your deck for a goblin costing equal or less than the damage and place it into your hand, shuffling the deck.
When this card is destroyed(not consumed), inflict double the attack to a chosen enemy.
This card has the rebreather special.

Flag Post

I’ll write a detailed post tomorrow; holidays start tomorrow so yeah <3

Flag Post

I have two card series(ie. cards based around a single theme, like BCLEGEND’s Four Horsemen):Nightfall and Clockwork.
-

Duskbringer
Cost:4
Attack:2
Consume:Choose two creatures that do not have the Dusk effect. Give them the Dusk effect.
Abilities:
Shadow Harvest:As long as there is at least one Duskbringer on the field, both sides get 1 more Darkness per turn. This effect does not stack with itself.

Duskstricken:Gives a creature the Dusk effect. Creatures that have the Dusk effect on them have their attack reduced by 1. The Dusk effect lasts a maximum of 3 turns.

Moonbringer
Cost:6
Attack:4
Consume:Discard the top card of your deck. If its cost is higher than that of Moonbringer’s, destroy Moonbringer. Otherwise, destroy Moonbringer on your next turn.
Abilities:
Inscrutable Lunar:You may search through your deck for a creature and swap it with a creature already on the field. If its cost is higher than that of the creature it is swapped with, you must pay the difference in Darkness, minus one.

Overwhelming Force:Destroy this creature, along with another creature, cost 4 or higher, on your field. You and your opponent swap Darkness stock.

Slumbering Wraith
Cost:8
Attack:1
Consume:Destroy all creatures on your side of the field with a cost of less than 3 OR that have the Dusk effect.
Abilities:
Awaken:This creature’s attack grows by one. This effect caps at a maximum of 10 attack.
Sleep:This creature attack is reduced by one. You gain 1 Darkness and your opponent loses 1 Darkness.

-

Golden Cog
Cost:2
Attack:X
Consume:Pay 2 Darkness. Your opponent receives 1 Darkness.
Abilities:
Cogworks Together:This creature’s attack is X, where X is the number of Golden Cogs on its side of the field.

Cogbeast
Cost:Destroy 5 Golden Cogs.
Attack:5
Consume:This creature’s attack is doubled. After its next attack, it instantly dies.
Abilities:
Replacement Cog:Sacrifice a Cog. This creature cannot have its consume effect used on it for this turn.

Tick Tock:Gain 1 attack for 3 turns, then decrease 1 attack for 3 turns.

Coghorde
Cost:Destroy 2 Cogbeasts and a single Golden Cog.
Attack:8
Consume:Sacrifice the two highest-cost monsters on your side of the field.
Abilities:
Replacement Cogs:Sacrifice 2 Golden Cogs. This monster may not be consumed for this turn.

Lifetime Ticking Away:The opposing player loses 1 Darkness for each turn that the Coghorde is in the field. Every three turns that the Coghorde is in the field, the opposing player loses 1 extra darkness in addition to the 1 Darkness they normally lose.

Flag Post

:o Another card game! Hopefully this will turn out better than mine, Im going to try to think of something.

Flag Post

Eh, Helltank… you know, Lifetime Ticking Away is basically just adding 1 damage and then 2 every 3 turns.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

:o Another card game! Hopefully this will turn out better than mine, Im going to try to think of something.

x) I just went straight to Hellfire actually; but this will be twittling around in my head for a while and I hope 1 day I’ll be able to create this FGF.

Flag Post

Kilozombie. There’s a subtle difference. Let’s say you have a card that says,“Select a creature. That creature cannot attack this turn.” Then LTA would have no effect, but since its in ability form it would take effect.

Gonna add four spells-two Nightfall and two Clockwork.
-

Delayed Dawn
Cost:3
Effect:Choose a monster that was summoned onto the field through the use of Inscrutable Lunar and another monster that has the Dusk effect. The two monsters swap attack strength for the next turn.

Waxing Moon
Cost:5
Effect:Choose a monster that has just been affected by Delayed Dawn. That monster keeps its new attack strength permanently, instead of just for one turn.

-

Oracle of the Future
Cost:6
Effect:You can choose between gaining a 10% chance of ignoring all attacks next turn OR a 15% of negating an enemy ability if it is used next turn.

Oracle of the Past
Cost:2
Effect:You can put the card you just drew this turn back into the deck and draw a new card.

Flag Post

FAIL
Cost: Look Below
Effect: If your opponent plays a spell, you can pay it’s cost to have the effect canceled

Wabajack
Effect: Select any 1 monster. Replace it with a random other card from either player’s deck.

Self Destruct
Cost: X
Effect: Select an integer value for X. Select any monster with less or equal cost.. It dies at the end of the turn regardless of effect. It’s attack is either doubled or increased by X; Whatever’s greater.

Flag Post

See… I’m fairly certain people are developing the Consume conditions of monsters based on their own point of view. That’s why I’ve clearly distinguished between the owner of a card and the opponent the card is attacking – presumably, it’s the opponent who wants to get rid of/consume the card, unless otherwise specified in the card’s Consume condition.

Flag Post

Don’t see why you would want to destroy your own monster.

Flag Post

Maybe some kind of sacrificial effect? I know I like the idea of sacrifice attacks. It usually involves me making some card that spawns a lot of itself. Which usually leads to me breaking the game. :D