Defend your House! (RP) (Sign-ups thread) (Signs are now closed, replacements always accepted) page 7

178 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Antigamefire:

Are the groups able to interact with members of another group or are they just extrinsic?

I am fairly certain each group is in its own world. Or, for those of you MMO-inclined, each party in its own instance.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

OOC: So, I guess you guys aren’t too much for heavy RP. :(

I’m not particularly RP-heavy, but that’s also just how Kalvin would act. If there wasn’t the pressing matter of bodies not going into closets, Kalvin would take a moment and talk with the vampire child.
I can keep a conversation going if you/Gwen wants to talk. I promise I won’t be like “Kalvin ignores the little girl and keeps digging.”

 
Flag Post

Nah, do what you feel is best. I didn’t mean you all had to drop everything and pay attention to the wangsty little girl. That would be silly. :P

I guess I’m just used to less-action-oriented RPs such as Pokemon and, ironically, D&D. >_>
(By that, I mean they’re not structured in such a way as to encourage “I do this right now” actions.)

 
Flag Post

@aturtledoesbite and BurntMarshmellow, you might want to rp so the other group can catch up. Without you pulling ahead to far.

 
Flag Post

I’m on it then.
>begins working on post
[edit]
And then it was there. Sort of.
I’m also just hanging out on the character doc if someone wants to talk without clunky use of threads or PMs.

[edit2]
Looking at our group bios, a decent amount are from living in the forest/ wilderness. Maybe our group relations should be something like:
Cottage: located fairly near the forest
Drayis Vale: went halvsies on the original cottage deal, does magic and stuff
Kalvin: left his familial farmland for reasons yet to be discovered, halvsies on the original cottage deal
Leaf: the fact the house is near the forest works well for hunting, showed up before Chet, able to provide enough gold for a portion of the taxes each month
Chet: the fact the house is near the forest makes you feel at home, while still providing a foothold into the human world. showed up before Gwen, assists Leaf in her hunting?
Gwen: you’re a little girl, Kalvin’s got a soft spot. He doesn’t really get that she’s a couple centuries old.

 
Flag Post

I like the reasoning for us being together. Funny how well we all fit with the forest. Kinda makes ya wonder why, other than plot reasons, we have a cottage in the first place. :P

 
Flag Post

Could be that everyone has that’s registered in the kingdom has to pay taxes. Drayis and Kalvin were registered when they were born, Leaf had to register to sell her animal hides in town, Chet and Gwen…I dunno.
Regardless! The idea is that each of the characters paid part of the tax on the property rather than attempt to pay it separately. Bulk rate or something.
Now that we’re not paying taxes at all, I suppose that point’s sort of moot, but we’re banded together by “group together or die quickly.”

 
Flag Post

I am leaving for military FTX at 4PM (UTC −6:00 time) on May 3rd (Tomorrow), until the 5th (Sunday), at 4PM again. I would appeciate it if you did not proceed without me during this brief time (of only 48 hours) when it comes.

I will try to post before I leave for my event and after.

 
Flag Post

I will RP more after this turn, btw, since our group all posted. =3

 
Flag Post

@Ilovekirby Your stats need to be reformatted. You didn’t do it correctly.

You must choose from: Strength, Intelligence, Precision, Defense, and Agility

You have a total of 25 stat points. You may only put up to 10 stat points in one stat. No higher. There is no minimum.

Hp = 1x Def. + 1/2 Str.
MP = 2/3Int. + 1/3 Pre.
Dam = Wep + 1/2 Str – (Enemy DR)
Magic Dam = Spell + 1/2 Int – (Enemy’s DR / 2)
Ranged Dam = Wep + 1/2 Pre – (Enemy’s DR)
DR = Armor + 1/5 Defense (DR = Damage Reduction)
Accuracy = 90% + Pre – (Enemy AGI x 1.5)
Crit = 2% + perks/skills/abilities

 
Flag Post

Something I should probably mention: Both hosts and at least three players (myself, AdeebNafees, and T6salt) are regularly in the chatroom Labyrinth ItBeARoomYo!, so if you’re looking to see if any of us are online, I recommend you check there.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

Something I should probably mention: Both hosts and at least three players (myself, AdeebNafees, and T6salt) are regularly in the chatroom Labyrinth ItBeARoomYo!, so if you’re looking to see if any of us are online, I recommend you check there.

I can also be found in “Gnarly Argle Ska”

 
Flag Post

…To fit BurntMarshmellow’s idea of how we’re all living together, ignore the part of my bio that says Gwen’s been around for a few years. Instead, assume weeks.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

Something I should probably mention: Both hosts and at least three players (myself, AdeebNafees, and T6salt) are regularly in the chatroom Labyrinth ItBeARoomYo!, so if you’re looking to see if any of us are online, I recommend you check there.

As due to recent events I am not visiting that room.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Consis Captor, Group 2
As I examine the shattered blade, a white-hot fury spurred on by an increase in the intensity and volume of the voices engulfs me, and an enraged scream is the next noise that comes from my direction. The noise after that is a loud “PSHOOOOM” as two beams of red and blue launch themselves from my eyes, vaguely directed at the final tax collector in an effort to reduce him to subatomic particles, or as close to those as can be managed with a single blast.

Consis Captor, Group 2
Group 2

*cough*

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Group 3 – Update


Philippe

Skill: Intimidate #1 while proceeding to grab #2’s loot, taking any hits necessary to achieve this feat. (53)

You’re not really being effective with intimidating, as you mostly concentrate on taking the loot. You manage to do that without any hits, as he’s busy thinking about the things you said to him, and doesn’t notice. Also, you do a minimal damage while convincing him. (1 damage) -6 MP

Philippe
Philippe

*cough*

 
Flag Post

Group 2
What should we do with the bodies?
My initial thought was to bury them in the back yard, but we’re (flavored) near a forest. We could just throw them some distance into the forest and be done with them. Or bury them in the forest, so there’s not bodies in the backyard.
Or we could put them back in the closet and just keep doing that until the closet’s full.
Or another plan?

 
Flag Post

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN THEM! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!

 
Flag Post

You could always try to use them to fertilize stuff :D

 
Flag Post

I guess we’ll do that then. Back to plan 1

 
Flag Post

Congratulations Kirby: Your stats are 100% complete!

 
Flag Post

>arknarken leaving
Better handled than the others, but I don’t understand why Kirby’s not just slotted in.
That…is the point of having a reserve, yeah?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BurntMarshmellow:

>arknarken leaving
Better handled than the others, but I don’t understand why Kirby’s not just slotted in.
That…is the point of having a reserve, yeah?

Kirby was slotted into VoodooCoffeeGuy’s position.

 
Flag Post

Well, I don’t think the whole group should control. Just 1 person.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Well, I don’t think the whole group should control. Just 1 person.

Its either someone else signs up to take his place, the group controls the player, or we have some bonus given to you :P