Darkness Rising EP1 (Game, open) (locked)

128 posts

Flag Post

Present Events:

None for now.

Flag Post

Shagar

Insolence! Shagar thought as he had been betrayed by the last of the officials who really appreciated him. There he was, stuck at the top of that building, with that advanced technological city, pondering a way to escape this area, which seemed rather hopeless. But on the flipside, now he was safe from all the constant battles that had sealed him a position of authority in this area in the first place.

All they cared about was their stupid laws… no matter how justified or not they may be in the first place. And for that, he swore that they would pay – and pay quite dearly for that.

But how would he escape, let alone exert his authority again? That alone seemed difficult, but doable.

Flag Post

Cora

Would Cora be intertwined with Shagar’s destiny? Being chaotic neutral, that made him a bit on the erratic side, so one could never tell. As far as he could tell, this was just another technological planet, and a rather typical one for one of the main superpowers out there. Needless to say, the area was generally strict about it’s laws, but a little on the friendly side of things – usually.

People here were used to unusual beings, so it would be rather easy to fit in with the croud, albeit weird. But at least the shuttle was fully staffed as well.

Flag Post

Cora

The shuttle landed.The door opened,and Cora was the first one out.The shuttle had landed at the end of a bridge.He then decided to go into the building the bridge was connected to.

Flag Post

Ragnerok
I look up at the bridge. “Under the blue light”, they said. SO MANY FREAKING BLUE LIGHTS! I walk along the under-bridge. There are few people here, considering that it was under a bridge. I see a credit on the ground and pick it up. Next to it is a hotdog so I feed it to my wolf. “Good boy.” The puppy eats it up quickly and I take it up in my hands. It was not but a minute after that that some sort of security guard popped up out of nowhere. “Hold it. You are in direct violation of law number blahblahblah…” There was a moment of standoff before I decided to run for it. I headed towards the edge that was guarded by rail. The guard got a shot me, but I shrugged off the pain to jump over. The guard just stared as I fell. I fell. On the road below was a truck carrying pillows. Lucky me. I still was hurt, but my puppy is fine. I just stare up. The guard starts cursing. I look up and enjoy the brief relief of stress. For now. I look up to see some sort of dragon in the sky, but I couldn’t focus for the pain was rushing back in. I decided to wait and see to where the truck would take me.

Flag Post

The Shadow
I find myself in a dark alley. In the shadows I felt at home. I had heard stories of a mighty dragon here. If this dragon was as mighty as they said, then killing it would make me extremely powerful. Sure I already was, but who doesn’t enjoy more power. As I stepped out of the alley I noticed just how out of place. With all the high tech things around the place, as here I am with armor made of bones and swords made of the orange material known as dragonsbane. I walked aimlessly down a street, towing above the other beings. I could see them staring at me, but I didn’t care. It was common for those pitiful mortals to stare at me in amazement. That is how it should be, of course.

Flag Post

Cora

Map location: Just above Rag….

The checkpoint officials examined your appearance and identity. “Alignment Chaotic Neutral. Frankly, there’s been too many of those lot lately. So, a word of advice, take caution in the remote sectors just below here. Also, here, a map of the place.” He said, giving one. “It’s standard issue. Also, I hear the warehouses below are looking for a few employees.”

Ragnerok:

Map area: The first picure on the ooc is the map. Your presently in the bottom, left corner there.

This was one of the remote sectors. The truck stopped at a warehouse, in one of the deepest remote places.
It was positioned near some markets. Nothing too special, just antiques, and a grocery store, mainly. But one place caught your eye. An unusual set of bikes that were being sold. Chronoskimmers, as they were called. So fast, you could arrive at your destination before you even began riding those bikes, but no doubt, rather expensive.

chronoskimmers are very complicated. You need extensive pilot training to use them.

The Shadow

It was one of the market districts… and an affluent one at that. Like usual, there was a few of the featured bikes of the area, chronoskimmers. In fact, a customer was just returning one. The merchant there commented, “Dang that Shagar. If only someone could find his weakness… but I am glad he was the inventor of these skimmers.” He said.

Shagar… something about that name seemed VERY familiar… due to your lore’s. But you couldn’t put your finger on that yet…

Flag Post

Cora

“Thanks for the advice.”Cora said,as he went down below to go to a warehouse.He was going to have a job,and a life that wasn’t made up of floating through space,looking for suitable planets to live on.He would finally have a chance to do something,after 3 millenia.

Flag Post

(open ended for now…. I will wait for about page 15 or so before generally taking action, ok?)

Shagar

His thoughts turned to the bikes he had helped to developed thanks to being an Eclyptian dragon. Astral dealt with time, space, and magics mainly, along with plenty of other special aspects. One of his older experiments had been dabbling with time, and thus, led to his rise in power and wealth. However, that project alone had made a few bitter enemies – namely the eastern justice forces, who opposed such freedoms rather bitterly.

Cora

It took about an hour just to climb down to the lower sections, almost near the edge of the sw area of the map…
But the warehouses were there, albeit risky to venture into.

Flag Post

The Shadow
I quickly walk up to the merchant. “You. Who is this Shagar you speak of?”

Flag Post

Shadow

Buck: “A dragon. But not just any dragon. Some rumor that he’s a son of Tiamat, but I doubt even a dragon slayer like you could beat this formidable dragon.”

Just then, your lores kicked in. Shagar, rumored to be virtually impossible to kill. A rare eclyptian dragon. But only one kind of being would know how to destroy this kind of dragon, and worse still, rumors abound such beings were long since gone.

Flag Post

The Shadow
“Sir, don’t you dare underestimate my abilities. No dragon can stand before me.” I already knew of my inherent abilities. No draconic abilities could protect my prey from it’s inevitable demise. I especially enjoy it when dragons can normally only be killed by a specific weapon or when the slayer has a certain object fights me. They thing they are all high and mighty, that I can’t even hurt them. Then, a few stabs to the skull and they die like all the rest.

Flag Post

Buck

“You want to wager on that? Some say that his power even exceeds the natural course of dragons, bordering on the hypernatural. He is not bound whatsoever to any conventional means of destruction, as they say. We’ve seen your kind before, about 35 years ago, and that Slayer, as the legends foretold, didn’t even last 5 minutes against Shagar.

You name it, it’s been tried – practically. But if your able, see one of these bikes? Free of charge, including training, and a lifetime supply of fuel to boot."

Shagar

rumors abounded that another slayer had entered the society of all beings. But shagar’s golden power didn’t directly come from his draconic heritage. It came from a remote heritage of forbiddens, some of the last sprititsts that wandered this reality… but… it was still on the natural side of things, so shadow had a chance, but only if he executed a critical hit… so far.

But time was not on shadow’s side. Just another 5% on the Eclyptian aura… and that hope would be lost.

Flag Post

The Shadow
“Hah. If you didn’t make such a compelling offer I would crush your damn skull right now. But, you still sound useful. How do I reach this Shagar?”

Flag Post

Cora

Hmmmm…I go into the warehouse.

Flag Post

Buck

“Top of the tallest building here. Can’t miss it. But I warn you – the security is extremely tight. And some say there are worse horrors in that tower than just the dragon.”

Shagar

36% etherian achieved.
Shagar made a serious realization at that point. His invincibility wasn’t just dragonic in nature, but spiritual as well. His oversoul ability was no mistake, in fact, it was inherited from his descendants. But that left questions about just how invincible he really was… namely, situations involving why the main city council was withholding information from Shagar….

New Training: Shagar’s Origins(now 8%) – Shagar has realized a serious connection involving the corruption of the council.

Flag Post

The Shadow
I nod and immediately begin walking off in the direction of the tower. Time to kill me a dragon.

Flag Post

Shagar

It was time to take action. Somehow, Shagar knew he wasn’t the conventional kind of dragon, and it showed. This left serious questions for the meeting that was to begin involving the council there. It was time for such anyhow, so it made good sense to ask them at that time.

After 35 minutes of negotiations with the council, he began his inquiries about his past, with approval, but they granted only 3 questions thus far.

Q1: Exactly how spiritual am I in the first place?
A1: Only 35% at last trace. But your origins came from an eldritch spirit, as the records show, but oddly enough, your also 100% draconic in nature as well.

Q2: Do you know anything about the rumors involving me being a son of Tiamat?
A2: It’s no rumor. You are a child of that dragon. But Tiamat was killed about 600 years ago.

Q3: Why do you have so much resentment over me?
A3: Because your the only being able to eventually become truly invincible. But we dare not explain any more than that – ever.

Then he was dismissed…

S-O: Now 35%.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebrex:

Cora

Don’t forget about me!

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebba:

Cora

Don’t forget about me!

When I make it open ended, not responding is approval.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:
Originally posted by sebba:

Cora

Don’t forget about me!

When I make it open ended, not responding is approval.

O.K.

Cora

Upon entering the warehouse he saw someone at a desk.Cora walked up to the man.Cora said"Can I get a job here?"

Flag Post

Cora

It was quite uneventful in that matter. And apparently, they had a few openings in that matter. You could practicly pick your job, whether it was security, labor, or whatever.
However, something was amiss about this, though you didn’t have the training to deal with it – yet?

Flag Post

Cora

“I pick security”,Cora said.

Flag Post

The Shadow
Walking walking walking. Walking walking walking. Going to go kill a dragon.

Flag Post

Shadow

You reached the building, but now was the tricky part. It was likely you could ascend to a decent floor, but the top floors were probably heavily secured. As you entered, you noticed the usual elevator, and it showed 90 floors. There was a receptionist, but also a guard at the elevator. What did you do?

Cora – The Trial

Sometimes I will test to see if you have better potentials for roleplaying… it’s part of my goals.
In this case, you are facing 3 thugs, only slightly tricky, but if you do well enough, a nice new bonus awaits you.

Careful, one of them will require use of your gazer ability. Further, please try for at least a 3 full-line post this time around. Quality doesn’t matter much at this point.

A decision awaits you. Support the thugs, or enforce the security. Pick well, its part of your major decisions.