Defend your House! (RP) (Game) -- Day 1, Afternoon-- page 4

138 posts

Flag Post

Chet

As we’re done I see it fitting to go back to our cottage, so that’s what I do.

As I enter the cottage I see two people, I don’t know them. It looks like their talking to each other. I leave them be and sit in the corner facing outwards and ponder on if I will make friends or just be friendless.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

Bill floor, group 1
(also, 6 damage is still nice. by default, as long as I don’t miss I can kill these tax collectors in two hits.)
Hammer Newbie Tax Collector (2).

(Note you only got 6 damage because of the +5 strength bonus. If you rolled higher, you could’ve done 10 damage and would’ve pwned the tax collector.)

Flag Post

Melody

That’s why I don’t like violence. Karma comes back and hits you in the face three times harder. Though that would mean that I am supposed to die three times. Wait, did that Tax Collector really die? I squint hard, and try to make out his chest. Okay, he isn’t breathing, so unless he is practicing for some sort of diving competition, he is gone.

Now I have to spend an uncomfortable hour in the confession box. Plus, there’s no backing out of this now.

Only my elbow got nicked in that last attack, but since the dagger looked rusty as hell, it might bring about some unpleasant surprises later on. Payback time. With the flute still held aloft, I think back on something particularly hateful. Yes, that time I was asked to pay double the amount for making the double the noise of an ordinary person.

That should make for good magical impetus. Freedom is the abstract concept related to the wind.

Attack NTC whichever attacked me

Flag Post

Kalvin – Group 2
Kalvin frowns, quickly kneeling to the little girl’s level. “Hey hey, it’s alright. Okay, you did just bite that guy and drain his blood, but still…you did good.”
Kalvin pulls a handkerchief out of his overalls and motions for her to move toward him a little, so he can wipe the blood off of her mouth.
“I don’t really know what that was all about, and frankly I don’t care. You helped defend the house with whatever it was, and that makes it good in my mind.”

(He’s supposed to be acting sort of “older-brother-y,” not “creepy-old-farmer.” Guess I should have added he’s like mid-twenties in his description.)

Flag Post

Gwendolyn, Group 2

The man really didn’t get it. Sure, it helped defend the house that time, but what if it came back when there were no attackers? Would she feed on the rest of them too? And next time, what if she didn’t regain herself? Gwen didn’t know the answers to those questions, and she was afraid.

Seconds pass before Gwen actually sees the handkerchief in his hand. She pushes it away, deciding instead to simply drink it off. Perhaps if she kept herself full, she wouldn’t become like that again.

Flag Post

Оскар Group 1
I smoke more holy weed before chopping the NTC (2) up.

Flag Post

Kalvin – Group 2
Kalvin half-frowns at her pushing the handkerchief away, but she seems like a big girl. She can drink the blood off her face if she so chooses.

Standing up, Kalvin notices the cloaked figure standing in the door. Judging by the build, probably something similar to male underneath. Weird blue eyes peeking out, but given he just aided the group in their fight
“Howdy. I don’t figure you for a tax collector in the King’s Service.” Kalvin gives an overly dramatized bow, standing straight again with a roll of his eyes. “Thanks for the assist. What can I do you for?”

Kalvin really doesn’t get a lot of things about Gwen.
Also, I guess t6 is going with just now meeting the group and needing to be recruited?
(double also, t6, the fight was already inside the cottage.)

Flag Post

I believe all five members of group three have posted their second actions.

Flag Post

Group 3 – Update

Enemies

lvl 1 Newbie Tax Collector (1): 2/12 Hp
lvl 1 Newbie Tax Collector (2): 0/12 Hp Dead
lvl 1 Newbie Tax Collector (3): 0/12 Hp Dead

Players

Melody: 13/15 Hp, 12/18 Mp
Vāyu: 6/16 Hp, 12/16 Mp
Philip Nosterheim: Hp: 17/17, Mp: 4/16
Ragnerok: Hp 19/19, Mp 11/19
Consis Captor: Hp: 15/15, Mp 10/18

Player Actions

Ragnerok

I grab the dull part of my spinblade and stab it into NTC3’s torso. If he dies, loot him of his contents. (27)

The attack was pretty unsuccessful. You only manage to stab his leg, which only weakens the foe. He’s really weak now, though. A small hit should take him down. (2+1=3 damage)

Consis Captor

Oh, how typical. The voices seem convinced that I did that on purpose, of course, and are trying to overwhelm me with rage of some form, as per usual. Count to ten, Consis, count to ten…
And relax. I reactivate the telekinetics, lifting the sword from its previous position and remotely swinging it at who I assume is the most heavily damaged tax collector [NTC3]. (6)

…Wow. That’s… extremely bad. Albeit you manage to shoot the sword through his neck (1+5=6 damage, NTC #3 dies), you can’t manage to control it any longer, making it suddenly fly over your head and give you a haircut, before slamming into the door. You can hear a small but chilling “crack” sound. You examine the sword. Surely enough, it has cracked. Not a huge crack which makes the sword fall into parts, but it’s certainly visible.
In the meantime, the tax collector dies, without anyone noticing, or even caring. -4 MP

Philip

Skill: Intimidate #1 while proceeding to grab #2’s loot, taking any hits necessary to achieve this feat. (53)

You’re not really being effective with intimidating, as you mostly concentrate on taking the loot. You manage to do that without any hits, as he’s busy thinking about the things you said to him, and doesn’t notice. Also, you do a minimal damage while convincing him. (1 damage) -6 MP

Vāyu

Stab NTC (3) with my dagger (31)

Seeing he’s dead, you attack the lone tax collector remaining (NTC #1). …Not a good stab, but not a bad one either. You stab his stomach, and he falls on the floor. Due to your strength, he’s kind of weakened now. (1+4=5 damage)

Melody

Yes, that time I was asked to pay double the amount for making the double the noise of an ordinary person.

That should make for good magical impetus. Freedom is the abstract concept related to the wind.

Attack NTC whichever attacked me (12) (Low roll galore FTW!)

That’s… not good. You manage to send him into slight craziness and make him whack his head onto the floor (-1+5=4 damage), but he’s still not dead. One more hit will take him down for good, though. -3 MP

Enemy Actions

NTC #1: Unsure about who to attack, he finally attacks Vāyu (RNG’d) for stabbing him earlier. (89) He stabs him many times with the rusty dagger, before falling on the floor again, passing out. Vāyu also falls down, crying out in pain. (4 damage)

NTC #3: After the ordeal with the flying sword, he dies, quickly and painfully. (68) He only holds 7 gold in his pockets. You put them in the inventory anyway.

Flag Post

Ragnerok
“Well, I’m pretty sure you got this. I feel like a walk.” Knowing i may or may not be intimidating, I walk out cautiously.
I walk out of the house and scout for any enemies. If there are none, search the area for loot.

Flag Post

Philip
The Leading School Council would go crazy over this if they knew a graduate is now a criminal. Oh well, tis’ life.

Grab any nearby furniture and use it as a(n unconventional) weapon against NTC #1.

Flag Post

tttttt

Never call me that again. I’m T6salt.

double also, t6, the fight was already inside the cottage.

EBTWOP:

As we’re done I see it fitting to go outside of our cottage, so that’s what I do.

Sigh Nothing fun to do out here

As I enter the cottage again I see two people, I don’t know them. It looks like their talking to each other. I leave them be and sit in the corner facing outwards and ponder on if I will make friends or just be friendless.

This person speaking to me. He seems eh. Trying to hard to impress me, or make me like him. Trying to joke with me. I don’t joke. I get in. I get on. I get out.

I reply to him: " It’s nothing really. I don’t think I need anything at the moment."

I also say to him: " Who’s that girl over there?"

Flag Post

Dragonice Group 1

I kneel down and look at the tax collector I just killed.Is he dead?Maybe.Maybe not.I stand back up and do a simple downward chop at NTC (2).

Flag Post

Kalvin – Group 2
“Her?” Kalvin looks over his shoulder to Gwen, before looking back to the cloaked figure. “Her name’s Gwen.”
Kalvin stares at the figure for a moment, trying to figure out his deal is. He just shows up for no reason, and waves off attacking tax collectors as ‘nothing’?
“Well…if you think of something, lemme know. Name’s Kalvin.” The farmer extends a hand, offering it for a handshake.

Flag Post

Consis Captor, Group 3
As I examine the shattered blade, a white-hot fury spurred on by an increase in the intensity and volume of the voices engulfs me, and an enraged scream is the next noise that comes from my direction. The noise after that is a loud “PSHOOOOM” as two beams of red and blue launch themselves from my eyes, vaguely directed at the final tax collector in an effort to reduce him to subatomic particles, or as close to those as can be managed with a single blast.

Flag Post

Chet

“Oh. Thanks” I replied to Kalvin.

“Well then Kalvin, nice too meet you, name here’s Chet. Chet Cline.”

I offered my hand out and shook Kalvin’s hand and went in for shoulder touch.

Flag Post

Kalvin – Group 2
>handshake
After releasing the handshake, Kalvin just sort of nods. After a moment, he says “Well…these bodies aren’t gonna take care of themselves. So, if you figure out what you want…just lemme know.”
Kalvin gives you final nod before starting back outside, intending to bury the bodies adjacent to his crops.

Flag Post

Chet

Sigh, these people not recognising the signs of the shoulder touch.

After releasing the bodies I sit there.

I hear what Kalvin says and I dismiss it.

I let Kalvin walk over to where the bodies were/are. I follow after.

I make sure to avoid this ‘Gwen’ person.

I walk over too the left most body and get on my knees and say a few words. I do this too all 3 of the bodies and go back too sit in the corner.

Flag Post

Why hasn’t group 1 gotten an update?

Flag Post

So, since Kirby didn’t post yet regarding his stats, we started thinking about options to replace Voodoo in Group 1.

The first one was to get efar in, but after I have heard what he posted (that was a “vulgar and untasteful” joke), we quickly agreed that this option isn’t possible. Sorry, efar, but we can’t risk.

After a bit of throwing ideas, we finally decided that everyone in the group gets to create a new character if they want, then they can vote on them. Please do that in the sign-ups thread, though.

Update coming up in a moment, by gamma.

Flag Post

Group 1 Update

Enemies

lvl 1 Newbie Tax Collector (1): 0/12 Hp Dead
lvl 1 Newbie Tax Collector (2): 0/12 Hp Dead
lvl 1 Newbie Tax Collector (3): 0/12 Hp Dead

Players

Dragonice: 22/22 Hp, 13/13 Mp
Оскар: 24/24 Hp, 11/11 Mp
Bill Floor: 21/21 Hp, 15/15 Mp
Philippe Beauregard: 16/18 Hp, 14/14 Mp

Bill Floor

Hammer Newbie Tax Collector (2) (15)

You manage to smash the Tax Collector into the ground. The sheer power of your hammer swing manages to snap every single one of his ribs with a loud cracking sound. A pool of blood rests at your feet. He’s dead. (7 damage)

8 GP gained

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

So, since Kirby didn’t post yet regarding his stats, we started thinking about options to replace Voodoo in Group 1.

The first one was to get efar in, but after I have heard what he posted (that was a “vulgar and untasteful” joke), we quickly agreed that this option isn’t possible. Sorry, efar, but we can’t risk.

After a bit of throwing ideas, we finally decided that everyone in the group gets to create a new character if they want, then they can vote on them. Please do that in the sign-ups thread, though.

Can i sign?

Flag Post

Philippe Beauregard, Group 1
I take a look at the corpse in front of me for a moment. “Well, good job I guess.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by CYrusmaster:

Can i sign?

Woah. A replacement in 12 minutes. That’s gotta be a record. Former idea scrapped instantly, I guess. :P

Of course you can, just do it in the sign-ups thread linked there.

And please oh please don’t be inactive, we already had problems with that – . -

Flag Post
Originally posted by CYrusmaster:

Can i sign?

Woah. A replacement in 12 minutes. That’s gotta be a record.

Of course you can, just do it in the sign-ups thread linked there.

Aww, I was already writing up a replacement. Oh well.