Flesh and Bone

144 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

A small town, Oppidum, was mostly a town of goddamned gnomes, if you weren’t a gnome, you could be banished for entering, though that doesn’t really matter after the sixth of May passed, nothing mattered. Before I get ahead of myself, the gnomes of Oppidum were abnormally smart and didn’t defend their town by power, they used traps and persuasion. They were quite popular for their technology and everything they have done scientific wise, the gnomes even had the best and largest laboratory you would ever see, top notch security along with the nations best gnome engineers. Don’t ask me how this mess started in this ‘utopia’, but the laboratory’s goddamned security went haywire and opened all the fucking cages! Test subjects, animals, radioactive rats, you fucking name it, they all shoved their way down the corridors and bursted into the other rooms..

The lab was being butchered from the inside out, rabid and demented carnivorous animals spread about ripping people apart, fucked up test subjects stabbing others and eating their inside, radioactive humans and halflings would spread the radioactive waves through the air which only fucked the staff’s lungs up! The lab was filled with screams and the hallways were overran, corpses lining the walls, blood staining the tile, maggots already crawling into the open intestines of others.. Once the laboratory was abandoned, all the test subjects, critters, radioactive men, stampeded out of the lab’s iron doors and soon took over the region Oppidum lied in, Dry Gulch. Was it a damned sight to see.. Dry Gulch was infected and swarming about.

People started to panic, some tried to quarantine the region off. The quarantine seemed to work well for a small while, but they started to go in a frenzy, eating each other for fucking food, running across the region, eventually they climbed over the border and bursted the walls down. The surrounding regions weren’t prepared and taken over easily. The rest of the world started to burn their villages down, kill others, living without laws. The world was in chaos.. Eventually the test subjects brought heavy pestilence with them, people started referring to them as the infected, the flesh-eaters, the silent-ones, anything to strip them from any real identity, even though they once were people with loving families.

Anyways, the infected spread their disease through bites, death, and even just being around them would spread the sickness. Power plants were broken from the powerful bites of the infected, oil pipes, electricity wires, a nuclear power plant even exploded from one of the bites in the right spot sending an Electromagnetic Pulse, or EMP, across the regions for miles. The sky was painted brown with pollution, the river ran a sickly green with splotches of red, nothing was safe, not even the air, the water, or your life. There’s no safe water for miles, barely any animals safe enough to eat, the air is full of disease, not even a single person alive for town to come, and no electronics would work!

I thought it was all over for me, but a plan hatched in my mind. What if I could manipulate the world while its at its weakest point? I could have this world, though there’d be nothing for me, it’d still be mine, and afterwards I could clean it up for myself and have the world as my slaves reproduce so I have something to own, or I could rid of all the infected and make the world a new, better world. All these possibilities, so much to think about, I might have to take down others who stand in my way, but anything for my purpose.

Flag Post

Welcome to Flesh and Bone

This game is a Strategy/RPG game mix, the game is about you, a survivor of a zombie-like outbreak trying to make it in the new world without dying, the setting is in modern times. Posts will follow an RPG type format, which has your name bolded at the top with the post in the first person (Words using I, me, my). Feel free to do whatever, alot of this game is based on roles from random.org, this is an open world. You may travel anywhere whenever you want, make alliances and backstab people, have enemies, this is your life, you decide what to with it.

The objective of the game is to be the last man standing and obviously not die. The last man standing in this forum game will be given an FGF win. Don’t worry if you die, it’s just a game if you do lose.

Flag Post

How to Play

Every character will have the following basic stats, Health, hunger, sanity, and energy.

Health: Represented by a heart, once your health reaches 0, you will die and be kicked from the game. Your health can be lowered from illness, getting infected, fighting, and will drop greater if you lose a fight.
Hunger: Represented by an apple, once your hunger hits 0, your health will drop rapidly each turn. This stat drops gradually over time, your hunger will lower faster the more rigerous task you try to do.
Sanity: Represented by a brain, Your sanity must stay high, once your sanity hits rock bottom you will die and be kicked from t he game, just as if your health hit 0. This stat has a chance to drop over time and seeing things that arn’t normal, overwhelming sized hordes, etc. will cause a chunk of your sanity to drop.
Energy: Represented by a yellow bar, Your energy will be represented as #/100, the 100 may change depending on stats. Every thing you do lowers energy, to regain energy you must do nothing for a turn or sleeping on anything, hay, ground, bed, anything.

You may do many actions, you will roleplay what your character does, eating berries, sleeping, slashing at an enemy, climbing a mountain, traveling to another city, etc. City travel times are located on the map, larger the city, more supplies it has, but in exchange, its infected population will increase. Make sure you can handle the increased population before traveling. In return, smaller cities have less supplies, but also less infected.

You may sell anything you collect on your journey, but currency has become obsolete in a society like this, you must barter (Give an item for a different item) with NPC’s or other players, you can barter anything, items, weapons, followers, anything! Remember to always have a goal in mind, whether the goal is to kill a certain player, or possibly collect alot of items, or maybe even capture your own city under heavy terms. You may do anything, this is your life, go ahead and commit suicide, it’s your decision.

Flag Post

Races/Occupations

You have a choice of race and occupations, these will have an impact on how your character lives and what he’s best at. I recommend you build your character around how you think you will play.

Races

This is what your character looks like. This will have a large impact on your character.

Human: No Maniupulations
Halfling: Your hunger depletes quicker as you are use to more breakfasts, but your energy stays with you longer
Gnome: Your energy delpetes faster as your small body cant keep up with you, but your hunger drops a tad slower
Elf: Your more prone to accidents causing your health to drop greater, but your sanity will stick around more than usual
Orc: Your sanity depletes quicker because of your blood thirst, but your thick skin gives you a small boost in health

Occupations

This is what career your character had before the outbreak, this has a minor affect on your character.

Begger: Your lack of food has trained your stomach for this specific scenario.
Unemployed: Your time spent with the city has payed off well, you will notice travel time is much lower than usual.
Psychiatrist: Keeping your mind at bay all day keeps the insanity away..
Blacksmith: Your strength will be a good factor for keeping hordes off of your back.
Exterminator: Your experience with finding small bugs has very slightly improved your knack for finding items in the wild.

Flag Post

Signs

Name:
Race: (Your race will affect 90% of your character, choose from the list above wisely. Please pick a color for your race, Heres a race master sheet.)
Occupation: (Your occupation will affect the other 10% of your character, choose less selectivly).
Bio: (Optional, but prefered)

1.) Sebba: Draco
2.) gammaflux: Frank Starch
3.) myhome16: Jonathan Atticus
4.) MasterCheif987: Philip
5.) Nauthes: Xer’tuul

Characters

Player: Sebba
Character Name: Draco
Race: Human (1)
Bio: Draco is a very famous blacksmith,and has created very powerful weapons for adventurers…For a large fee,of course,but the power of them makes up for it.Other then that,not much is known about him other then his birth date:The 3rd of May.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Player: Gammaflux
Character Name: Frank Starch
Bio: Frank Starch was one of the beggar’s you’d see out on the street. His parents disowned him for absolutely no reason. So he tried to live as best as he could with money from other people. He had tried to get a job before but none would hire him because he didn’t meet the “qualifications”. When the outbreak first started he even ran back to his home to see if his parents were ok. He found a note stating that they were vacationing in some small village using Frank’s College money. Sick of all this nonsense Frank decided he’d prove that he was worth something. That is by reshaping the world, saving it from destruction, and pestilence. Frank would be a hero, and then he’d be worth something. It was time for him to start his journey.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Player: myhome16
Character Name: Jonathan Atticus
Bio: Born to a family of farmers, I was generally happy, playing around the farm, and wreaking mischief upon our one farmhand Micheal. When I became twelve, and it was time to choose my trade, I tried my hand at blacksmithery. My parents wanted me to remain on the farm, but something reached out to me about the forge. I wanted to be able to say that my hand made the armour which propelled a bandit to glory, or a knight to fame. The pay was nice, and when the Master Smith died suddenly, having no other people so dear, he gave his smithy and small house to me, with only the words “To the son I never had, everything”. When I first heard of the contagion, about a month before it broke the wall and escaped the quarantine, I began to save up some essentials, being as cautious as I had always been. A short time after I was forced to leave my smithy, I became depressed because I no longer could do what I loved. Soon, though, this depression was replaced by ambition. If I couldn’t have my smithy back, then I would have The World.
Player:MasterCheif987
Character Name: Philip
Race: Halfling (1)
Bio: Philip was never particularly special. He had some friends, not a lot, not to few. His parents weren’t massacred, he didn’t have some prophesy stating he was an almighty hero, he was just a normal gnome. Recently, he had fallen on hard times. He got fired, and while he didn’t have to resort to begging he was still unemployed and rather poor. Now, though, money doesn’t matter. This was obviously a good thing for Philip if you’re willing to ignore the high chance of death and all.
Player: Nauthes
Character Name: Xer’tuul
Race: Elf (1)
Bio: An old elf who has already lived most of his life. Though his body is not strong as it oncce was it is still nimble from the years spent as a youth moving silently and quickly with his elven friends. Xer’tuul has spent his later year sharpening his mind. Living alone as a hermit Xer’tuul lost nobody during the incident.

Flag Post

Name:Draco
Race:Human
Bio:Draco is a very famous blacksmith,and has created very powerful weapons for adventurers…For a large fee,of course,but the power of them makes up for it.Other then that,not much is known about him other then his birth date:The 3rd of May.

Flag Post

Name: Frank Starch
Race: Human
Bio: Frank Starch was one of the beggar’s you’d see out on the street. His parents disowned him for absolutely no reason. So he tried to live as best as he could with money from other people. He had tried to get a job before but none would hire him because he didn’t meet the “qualifications”. When the outbreak first started he even ran back to his home to see if his parents were ok. He found a note stating that they were vacationing in some small village using Frank’s College money. Sick of all this nonsense Frank decided he’d prove that he was worth something. That is by reshaping the world, saving it from destruction, and pestilence. Frank would be a hero, and then he’d be worth something. It was time for him to start his journey.

(How’s this look?) Also is it possible to gain back more sanity?

Flag Post

Stone, PM me when you start a game, I’m presigning to all of them.
They are just blatant awesomeness.

Character Name: Jonathan Atticus
Race: Human
Bio: Born to a family of farmers, I was generally happy, playing around the farm, and wreaking mischief upon our one farmhand Micheal. When I became twelve, and it was time to choose my trade, I tried my hand at blacksmithery. My parents wanted me to remain on the farm, but something reached out to me about the forge. I wanted to be able to say that my hand made the armour which propelled a bandit to glory, or a knight to fame. The pay was nice, and when the Master Smith died suddenly, having no other people so dear, he gave his smithy and small house to me, with only the words “To the son I never had, everything”. When I first heard of the contagion, about a month before it broke the wall and escaped the quarantine, I began to save up some essentials, being as cautious as I had always been. A short time after I was forced to leave my smithy, I became depressed because I no longer could do what I loved. Soon, though, this depression was replaced by ambition. If I couldn’t have my smithy back, then I would have The World.

Eum factum est.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

Looks great, and yes, to regain Sanity, you must either find pills or medication and take them, use drugs for a temporarily sanity boost, or go long enough without seeing something that would ‘spook’ your character, such as huge hordes or things that cannot be.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

Looks great, and yes, to regain Sanity, you must either find pills or medication and take them, use drugs for a temporarily sanity boost, or go long enough without seeing something that would ‘spook’ your character, such as huge hordes or things that cannot be.

Thanks for answering :D Also one more question: Will some towns be more “racist” to certain races? and possibly hinder you (for instance: I go into a town where human’s aren’t liked very much. I try to trade with some npcs and they jack up the price to where I get ripped off.)

Flag Post

A small town, Oppidum

Love the tautology here. Its almost as if you know Latin…
Also, am I safe to assume that this takes place with near modern day science? The nuclear power plant seems to suggest it.

Flag Post

Thanks for answering :D Also one more question: Will some towns be more “racist” to certain races? and possibly hinder you (for instance: I go into a town where human’s aren’t liked very much. I try to trade with some npcs and they jack up the price to where I get ripped off.)

Some towns are slightly more racist in that way, though since if you were the character you wouldn’t know which town is racist towards who, so the ‘racist list’ shall be hidden. No town will kill you on sight because of your race though.

Originally posted by myhome16:

A small town, Oppidum

Love the tautology here. Its almost as if you know Latin…
Also, am I safe to assume that this takes place with near modern day science? The nuclear power plant seems to suggest it.

You are correct, though most scientific things won’t work since the Electromagnetic Field went off in the regions, some that aren’t heavily based on electricity or batteries will though.

Flag Post

Also,don’t repeatedly use words repeatedly.Like “Fucking”.

Flag Post

I received help from a few others, but it was suppose to add a ‘dramatic’ affect giving off a verge of insanity feel.

Flag Post

(Dang it, I have to use bold instead of italics. Fine.)
Name: Philip
Race: Halfling (1)
Bio: Philip was never particularly special. He had some friends, not a lot, not to few. His parents weren’t massacred, he didn’t have some prophesy stating he was an almighty hero, he was just a normal Halfling. Recently, he had fallen on hard times. He got fired, and while he didn’t have to resort to begging he was still unemployed and rather poor. Now, though, money doesn’t matter. This was obviously a good thing for Philip if you’re willing to ignore the high chance of death and all.
Color: Pink

Flag Post

You can still use Italics, just most people use bold to put there names in.
When you sign with your race, please select a color for your character using This chart.

Flag Post

You can still use Italics, just most people use bold to put there names in.

Yay, I get to be different!

Flag Post

Name:Xer’tuul
Race: Elf (Color 1)
Bio: An old elf who has already lived most of his life. Though his body is not strong as it oncce was it is still nimble from the years spent as a youth moving silently and quickly with his elven friends. Xer’tuul has spent his later year sharpening his mind. Living alone as a hermit Xer’tuul lost nobody during the incident.

Flag Post

You misspelled colour.
Colour 1.

Flag Post

Oh crap, I meant to be a Halfling instead of a Gnome. Can I change that please?

Flag Post

You misspelled colour.
Colour 1.

“Color and colour are different spellings of the same word. Color is the preferred spelling in American English, and colour is preferred in all other main varieties of English. The distinction extends to all derivatives of the word. Colored, coloring, colorer, colorful, and discolor are the U.S. spellings, and coloured, colouring, colourer, colourful, and discolour are preferred outside the U.S.”

Source, Thought that was interesting

Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Of course, you can edit anything before the game starts, also, can you pick a color of your character?

Flag Post

Can I sign as reserve, as registration only lasted an hour as it seems. =P

Flag Post

You misspelled colour.
Colour 1.

“Color and colour are different spellings of the same word. Color is the preferred spelling in American English, and colour is preferred in all other main varieties of English. The distinction extends to all derivatives of the word. Colored, coloring, colorer, colorful, and discolor are the U.S. spellings, and coloured, colouring, colourer, colourful, and discolour are preferred outside the U.S.”

Source

Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Of course, you can edit anything before the game starts, also, can you pick a color of your character?

Thanks, and can I take green?