Flesh and Bone page 4

144 posts

Flag Post

Leaf

Okay… Time to launch into action.

Putting the canvas on the palm of my hand, I proceed to place the stone hammer in it.

This may help against injury against myself if I hit the wrong way.

I slowly stalk up to the infected, and if he spots me, run at him. Try and bash his him in the head if possible.

Flag Post

Jonathan Atticus

Now I had fire, and I had food, and (presumably) I could melt the snow for water. I had nothing to do but walk towards Lorst, in hope of better findings.

After hours of walking, I come upon the city. It looks ever so slightly more worn than Norbank, and I really hoped that his did not carry over to the findings inside. As I pass through the outer boundry of Lorst, I spot five houses in a row, with intact glass. I thought back to the Walker in Norbank, and how it shattered glass. I decided that the glass could mean that there were no infected, something that I would have to test. I searched the houses, again for better clothing and food. After searching through these houses, I began to look for large houses, thinking that maybe the wealthy had better food and refrigeration, and possibly better clothes.

Flag Post

Equipped

Draco: Rags (1 Def)
Frank Starch: Rags (1 Def) Steak Knife (3 Atk)
Jonathan Atticus: Jeans (2 Def) Butter Knife (2 Atk)
Philip: Rags (1 Def) Screw Driver (2 Atk)
Leaf: Rags (1 Def)

Events

Philip

You rip a section of cloth off the middle section of your rags. You wrap it around your foot and tie it into a nice, comfortable knot. Getting use to the rag and the section of your foot feeling numb from the rag. You stumble along towards the city of Joes. Once you cross the border into the large town of Joes the streets looked busy, smashed cars, large apartment buildings. Large populations come with a price, you pass up a few zombies around the border, careful not to disturb them. The roads were lined with smooth stone bricks, the partments with very nice red. This was definitely a more classy town.

Frank

With your knife in hand you head towards to the town of Mesh, getting around this mountain will be troublesome alone, but you are up to the task. You carefully look for any edible food along side the food, to your luck, a large cargo truck with the Twinkies logo on the side. You go the trunk’s doors to find a metallic lock. You shift your knife in your hand to make the blade facing you and the handle glaring at the door, you slam the cap of the knife against the lock, the lock falls and pummeled on the dirt. A single box of Twinkies lies in the truck, you don’t question why there’s only one box in the entire truck but you don’t question it and take the sweet treats.

Draco

You back up out the door from which you came, as you leave a large chunk fell from the ceiling and out into the door way, the rest of the barn collapsed. You look back wondering what you could have done in there, everything is crushed and destroyed anyways. In the wreckage you look for a weapon, around in the grass, anything would do. You stick your hands into the ruble as you grasp onto a ball like item. You pull it out of the wooden mess and see it was a rubber ball with thorns from flowers, splinters of wood, and various nails and thumbtacks from the construction area in the barn. Your hand dripped with blood as you quickly threw the ball away into a field.

Leaf

You put the canvas around the handle of the hammer and hold onto your weapon tightly. You crouch behind the infected slowly and creep up. You raise your hammer as soon as the silent one turned around. You took a swing at his forehead furiously, the top of the handle hit his left temple as the hammer strikes the air around his ear. The infected seemed to scream in fear, he grasped your right arm firmly, much stronger than human ever could, he put a bone crushing thrust at the arm forcing you to the ground. As you fell in the air your hammer went across the field, while the hammer was in mid flight you could see a cloth fly from the head as a rock plummeted to the ground. The zombie snatches your hand and bends your fingers inwards. Life flashes in your head as drool drips from the monster’s mouth. You curl your fingers in your other hand and wail at the infected’s arm, he immediately releases your arm as you stand up and knee him in the stomach with a strong force knocking him straight down to the ground, landing on his back.

You stand over him, you drive your foot into the creature’s throat and grab the spare rock in your pocket and jam the rock into the forehead of the infected, driving it into his skull, you break his skull open and smash the rotting brain with your heel. You kick the guy’s head while stomping further on the throat. You turn and continue to walk the streets of Cros, shaking your head of this memory.

Jonathan

You enter the below average town of Lorst, the town is worse than you thought. Though it does seem like a grassy retreat from the ice and snow. Houses are spread crudely throughout with a few organized lines of houses throughout. You enter said houses and scavenge for clothing and food, though only crumbs of chips were found on the table, you browsed through a dresser and pulled out neat apparel, the man that lived here obviously liked to show off muscles, you take anything you can find from the shirtless man’s dresser and put it on, still looking through the house, nothing else interests you.

Flag Post

Philip
I begin searching the buildings randomly, in search of anything helpful, be it people, clothing, weapons, etc. I need everything I can get my hands on.

(How many hunger whatevers do the apples restore?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

(How many hunger whatevers do the apples restore?)

(Try to base it off of real life fullness or whatever you ever you want to call it, like a turkey would probably make you full, an apple would probably restore 10 points, graham cracker 5, Oatmeal bars probably like 7 or 8.)

Flag Post

Frank Starch
“Well I’ve got a long journey ahead of me.” I think to myself as I approach the mountain. Maybe I could find a shortcut through the mountain instead of going around it. I continue my journey, hoping to reach Mesh soon, the first waypoint to Dap.

Flag Post

I’ll need everybody’s input to continue.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

While we’re waiting, how does attacking and defending work?

Flag Post

Draco

I eat some cracker bits and rest up a bit afterwards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:
Originally posted by Stone667:

While we’re waiting, how does attacking and defending work?

Depends on the factors, a lot of it is done with random number generator. There are lots of factors, to name the most major ones in order

Stats: If your attack is high, the number shown next to the item you have, for example, “Steak Knife (3 Atk)”. On your attack roll, 3 will be added to the roll, if you roll a 68, 3 will be added to it making your final roll 71. The higher the number the more devastating the attack will be. Same with armor, “Rags (1 Def)”, when it’s the infected’s turn to attack, you will automatically defend. The zombie will roll an attack roll and you will roll a defending roll, the infected’s attack roll will subtract your defense roll. Judging how high your final defense roll is, the more you defend, you may completely block an attack, or even counter an attack depending how high it is, the defense roll is always small and has been taken into consideration.

Danger Zone: Every white area roll is rolled from 0-100, every green area has a roll from 10-100 while you stay at a 0-100 roll. Yellow green areas are on a 20-100 roll, yellow areas are 30-100, yellow orange 40-100, orange 50-100, red orange 60-100, red areas are rolled 75-100.

Current Condition: Low energy will decrease your roll, for every 7.5 energy you are missing, 1 will be subtracted from your roll, both attack and defense. For every 10 points of sanity you’re missing, 1 will be subtracted from your roll. For every 10 hunger missing, 1 will be subtracted from your final roll. If your health is below 20, 20 points will be subtracted from your final roll.

There are also a few more factors, but they barely have any influence on your roll, they only affect you under rare and uncommon conditions. The only common minor factor there is, is that if your inventory is full 2 points will be subtracted from your roll.

Flag Post

@Stone667: does this include if you’ve barely have any heavy things in your inventory? (example: I have some paper, and a worm, and a leaf.) (and other things that way that much)

Flag Post

[Can there be surprise bonuses? =?]

Leaf

Flee the scene, into a narrow spot that is open on both sides, but is out of the way.

Flag Post

Wait,when they look for a weapon,they get one.When I look for a weapon,I lose health.Do you see any fairness in that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebba:

Wait,when they look for a weapon,they get one.When I look for a weapon,I lose health.Do you see any fairness in that?

He rolls the dice, so its random.

Flag Post

@Stone667: does this include if you’ve barely have any heavy things in your inventory? (example: I have some paper, and a worm, and a leaf.) (and other things that way that much)

Sadly, it does. If you have things that would normally weigh about 1 pound or less, it still counts as an inventory item.

Originally posted by sebba:

I hate everybody who doesn’t have a capital at the beginning of their name, please die.

I use a website called random.org to decide the rolls. In fact, FelineForumer’s fight went terrible at first because she would roll 1-10 for attack while the zombie would roll 90-100 each time, luck wasn’t on her side that day.

Flag Post

(Whoops, sorry.)

Jonathan Atticus

As I begin to loot the next set of houses, I sing to myself, “I’m sexy and I know it, duh duh dudududah”. There has to be more in this town, there has to be.

Flag Post

OMG SCUD MISSILES.

Flag Post

Equipped

Draco: Rags (1 Def)
Frank Starch: Rags (1 Def) Steak Knife (3 Atk)
Jonathan Atticus: Jeans (2 Def) Butter Knife (2 Atk)
Philip: Leather Vest (5 Def) SweatPants (2 Def) Screw Driver (2 Atk)
Leaf: Rags (1 Def)

Events

Philip

You creek open each house’s door looting each one from the last, if there was even something to loot inside. You open a door to a grand house. You loot the jewelry box for anything that you could trade, the wife took most of it, but a pearl necklace lied inside. You take the necklace and move to the kitchen. You search through the fridge find carrots and corn, mostly corn was found though. You look through the dresser and find sweatpants, you look in a locked box underneath the bed and even find a leather vest.

Frank

You approach the mountain, your neck cramps as you look up at a ledge that’s barely hanging on the mountain. You see movement upwards, worried you call out. The figure looks down from the ledge and waves, he shouts something but this distance is too great for you to hear him. He grabs a backpack and pulls a bar out of it and tosses it downwards with a sticky note attached. He can barely see you from the clouds blocking his way, in fact, you start to wonder how you can even see him, he must have binoculars. The very small bar lands in front of you, a man in a blue hat is on it, it’s labeled “Quaker Oats Granola Bar”. You pick it up and put it in your pocket.

The man on top of the mountain looks down at you, he’s about to head back down the mountain. He picks up his backpack and his feet stumble and slide to the edge of the ledge. His backpack’s strap holds onto a rock atop, he tries to pull himself up using his arms but to no use, the straps give away and the man begins to plummet from the top. His arms and legs flail in the air as he screams bloody murder. He falls inches before your feet as blood splatters on your clothing, his intestines splatter on the mountain, and a glob of pink squishy stuff flies onto your cheek and stays there. You back up slowly, fear of the sight overwhelms you, trying to shake the memories.. you sit down and stare at the blood stained mountain.

Draco

You look around at the wreckage of the barn, you sit down and eat a few bites of a cracker as you lay in lush grass. Trying to clear your mind from any silent ones in the area getting to you while you sleep. You look up at the sky, painted brown as you think about the infected. You shut your eyes, resting. The ground isn’t a great place to sleep as you turn and toss. You stand up, not fully awakened or rested, but it will do.

Leaf

Finding a narrow area won’t be hard since you are in the rocky grounds of Ashport. You move to two rocks almost smashed together. You lay down and look at the dead zombie, plenty more are off in the distance but you are confident in your skills. You peak out the hole in which you entered from and looked at the corpse, the infected surrounded it as a foot lumbered by your vision. The infected sniffed and fell to his knees glaring at you into your eyes, he screams and starts to reach into your hole. You look behind you for an exit and see a pair of legs walking this way. You know you must act quickly.

Jonathan

You come across a house that was more obvious than the others, you don’t know what it was about that house, but it was calling your name. You go into a room with an army cot, antique guns lined the wall, but too old to call safe to shoot. Stuffed animal heads hung on the walls, and a big black box in the wall. You approach the black box and see a dial on it. An LCD light up screen was implanted onto it with a few scratch marks, you look at it trying to guess what the light up screen was able to say before the EMP went off. You grab your rock from your inventory and smash the box where the dial and the frame of the box met. The door swung open and one grenade was inside. You examine it and see that it’s definitely a grenade, but was coated with something. It was a sticky grenade, you knew you could have some fun with this.

Flag Post

Frank Starch
“He…he’s dead.” I start feeling tears coming down my cheeks as my eyes water. I star running towards Mesh as quick as possible. I need to get away from that body.

(That took a big chunk out of my sanity, this isn’t looking good)

Flag Post

Philip
I take a seat to rest in the house, eating two of my apples just to stay full. Things are going pretty good right now. My injuries are minor and I’m not really tired. I just want to be completely full and ready before scavenging some more. Seems like that’s all I’m going to do, scavenge. Always more and better stuff to find that will help me not die horribly.

Flag Post

Jonathan Atticus

After a few minutes of prancing around, looking cool with some guns, posing and what not, I decide that it has been a long day. I push the cot up against the door and attempt to sleep, figuring that with me and the cot there, since doors open inwards towards me, the door would be unopenable without me being wakened. When I wake, some time later, I begin to move to Tort.

Flag Post

Draco

I move up to Caul.

Flag Post

I’m guessing there’s no more room for signs. anyway, I’ll reserve a backup place.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

I’m guessing there’s no more room for signs. anyway, I’ll reserve a backup place.

We’re still waiting on FelineForumer (who mysteriously dissapeared)

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

We’re still waiting on FelineForumer (who mysteriously dissapeared)

Maybe he saw puts on sunglasses. a dog.

edit: feline has exactly 1111 posts. funny.
double edit: I just realized: sanity, stone hasn’t given any way to recover sanity. From his description, sanity depletes over time, meaning everyone will eventually die from insanity. just saying.