[Game] Contested Throne Mafia (Game is being restarted; no winners) page 2

215 posts

Flag Post

Yes, the King in a given day is known publicly (but not, I hasten to add, the Kingmaker in a given night).

Flag Post

Wwwwwell, since there’s only two people left to confirm, I may as well start this up. Let’s go.

Night 0
All in all, eighteen bastard sons and daughters of his majesty the king, God bless his soul, turned up to the palace within the allotted time period. That night, they were given aliases that they were told to remember and refer to themselves by, and subsequently instructed to head to their rooms and go to sleep with their masks on, and they would begin the contest to decide their new royal patron tomorrow. Yet even on this first of nights, some were not happy with their standing, and secretly convened under the cover of darkness to form a most disgusting, rule-dodging alliance, and thus hope to make themselves more likely to succeed in the long run. Their main plan: kill everyone who wasn’t eliminated from the running by the workings of the contest, then maybe hope that all but one of them was eliminated before they were left to fight to the death or something.
Meanwhile, the royal steward entered into the rooms of one of those scions who had not left their rooms, and requested of them a most odd resource: two aliases, in order of preference. The reason was left unnamed, and shortly after, the same steward left the scion’s room, prepared to name his new king…

So, first night. Mafia get to make their first kill Change of plans in that N0 is a Bloodless Night, as per player request; meanwhile, randomly-selected Kingmaker gets to name the first King. Also, helltank and walfordking haven’t confirmed their roles yet; you two must do so by the end of Night 1, or you will be replaced or otherwise modkicked.

Flag Post

I’d really suggest making it so mafia can’t NK tonight AKA Bloodless Night Variant.

Let me quote that from the last mafia I argued about that on.

Otherwise, this will basically ruin the game for me (or some other unfortunate player ) before it even starts off. At least in my case, it will cause my brain to explode and make me post in the thread repeatedly with philosophical questions and derail it to its ultimate doom.

Flag Post

…uh… well, sure, I guess that works too.

Flag Post

Right BC, I’m confirming my role now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Right BC, I’m confirming my role now.

Cool. Just helltank left now.

Flag Post

so, to be clear no NK’s tonight?

Flag Post

Thats what I would think yeah.

Mafia get to make their first kill. Change of plans in that N0 is a Bloodless Night

Flag Post

Day 1
The next day, all contestants were gathered in the throne room, and at precisely nine o’clock in the morning, as the sun dial measures, the royal steward entered the room, carrying the prize that all of them so desired upon a pillow of purple-red velvet – the royal crown, constructed of gold and platinum, with a single white diamond planted squarely at the center of the headpiece.
And, to great consternation, almost immediately placed the same crown upon the head of the scion with the alias of AdeebNafees. An uproar began, and was immediately quieted by the shuffling of guards into the room. With silence obtained, the steward began his explanation of the apparent crowning. The item was false, made only of base tin and pyrite, and for today only, AdeebNafees would be a “False King”, of sorts, whose job it was to pick one other person to remove from the competition, based on their behaviour and urgings. Perhaps a crude method at first, the steward adds, but almost guaranteed to be extensively decisive in the long run, as it measures the potential royal’s judge of character and ability to make decisions within a relatively short time period.
And the remaining scions may attempt to convince the current “King” of who to remove from the standings, too.
With that, the sons and daughters of the deceased king immediately began to try and persuade AdeebNafees of their place as the true King, and of the relative lack of royalness of everyone else around them.

Day 1 begins. The King today is AdeebNafees, who holds the sole vote for today; nobody else may make a vote, although they can try to persuade AdeebNafees to vote for a particular person. Aaaaand go!

Flag Post

Adeeb, you must vote BC. He’s clearly scum. Anyone’s up for making a questionnarie? I think it would be better that the king itself makes it

Flag Post

Vote for Zip or scum

Flag Post

Well, I haven’t got the slightest idea how to do this, but I am willing to give it a shot anyway. I consider NLing to be a moot idea D1 (and in Kingmaker, it usually kills the King anyway). How long’s the DL, host?

It is appreciated if you answer this survey because that will help me make a more educated decision on today’s lynch.

1) How much time are you willing to devote to this game (including analysis of previous posts)?
2) If you have to suddenly roleclaim (under threat of getting lynched by the King), would you fake/trueclaim Hero?
3) What kind of scumtells would you expect in this game? AKA what kind of behavior would likely be considered ‘scummy’ in a Kingmaker?
4) Is it better for the king to lynch someone based on his own suspicions, or peer suspicions?
5) Do you think there could have been a better choice of King for D1? If not, who would you consider, apparently, a better candidate for deciding the D1 lynch? Don’t fear a sedition charge, here.
6) Why shouldn’t you be lynched today?
7) Is there anyone you are suspicious of, even mildly, of being scum? If so, why?

Jask, what do you mean?

IDEA PROPOSAL THING

Okay guys, here’s what I suggest. We play this like a NORMAL VANILLA Mafia. Ignore the setup for now. Think that it is (I assume) 14 Vanilla Townies and 4 scum. Basically, here’s what I suggest:

1) Everyone uses FoS’s in place of votes. Use the traditional bolded FoS for my convenience. UnFoSing is the equivalent of unvoting. FoSing multiple people is okay, but I will only consider FoSes after the first FoS if they sound good to me.

2) I will count up the FoS’s and post a FoS count from time to time. That will act as our vote count. Anyone can count up FoSes, but you have to be brain dead if you botch up the accounts since that will get you instantly FoS’d by everyone for scummy behavior.

3) When someone reaches enough ‘votes’ for the lynch, I will execute him immediately. Otherwise, plurality is in effect, so someone dies at deadline.

4) No one bothers mentioning the King. For all intents and purposes, this is Vanilla Mafia.

At least, while I am King, this is how things will work out. Any questions/suggestions?

Flag Post

[Adeeb]

1) How much time are you willing to devote to this game (including analysis of previous posts)?

I have a life yolo

2) If you have to suddenly roleclaim (under threat of getting lynched by the King), would you fake/trueclaim Hero?

I have a life yolo

3) What kind of scumtells would you expect in this game? AKA what kind of behavior would likely be considered ‘scummy’ in a Kingmaker?

I have a life yolo

4) Is it better for the king to lynch someone based on his own suspicions, or peer suspicions?

I have a life yolo

5) Do you think there could have been a better choice of King for D1? If not, who would you consider, apparently, a better candidate for deciding the D1 lynch? Don’t fear a sedition charge, here.

I have a life yolo

I have a life yolo

7) Is there anyone you are suspicious of, even mildly, of being scum? If so, why?

I have a life yolo

Jask, what do you mean?

I have a life yolo

IDEA PROPOSAL THING

I have a life yolo

Flag Post

…Seriously, now.

[AdeebNafees]

I am willing to give a lot.

If I was a Hero, then I wouldn’t roleclaim. If I wasn’t, I would fakeclaim.

The usual scummy, since you proposed that idea, which I think of to be a good one.

Both. If a king denies to hear about someone else’s suspicions, he seems extraordinarily scummy, which he wouldn’t want to be.

Honestly, I don’t mind either way. I would just simply prefer an open-minded king, preferably one that follows the idea.

I don’t see anything particularly scummy about myself. I don’t see why I should be lynched today, honestly. You should ask who should be lynched today.

Too early in the game to tell anything.

Jask, what do you mean?

Vote for Zip or scum

Idea Proposal Thing

I honestly would prefer that we just do use Vote, since our votes won’t count, and play this like a normal vanilla mafia. Are you, allowed, to vote in this idea, though? Or do you act as a slave to our will?

Flag Post

@Jask: I thought using the “vote: X” thing is prohibited for players. If it isn’t, that mechanic will actually be more handy.

And yes, I am. It wouldn’t be a town decision if it excluded anyone.

Flag Post

There wasn’t even a rules post, why did you think that way?

Also, if we do use the vote mechanic after being fully confirmed by BC, I believe your vote would have to be unbolded? Furthermore, when are you going to answer your own questions?

Flag Post

I played Kingmaker in chat once, and that’s how we had it over there :S

I would think so. And when a significant number of answers have been received.

Flag Post

I’ll allow people to falsevote via FoS, but in a given day, only the King’s vote will count for anything, and the King isn’t bound to do what everyone else says either. As a reminder, though, the King cannot unvote or unlynch a person – once they’ve put their vote down, the day ends immediately.

Flag Post

(Almighty king AN)

My week is mostly free now, so I’m willing to devote as much as I can while managing DyH.

After that… unsure about how much time I’ll have, but on Wednesdays I mostly won’t have any time to spare.

Nope. I’d rather claim my true identity instead of falseclaiming. (Mafia noob logic FTW!)

I never played a Kingmaker, and don’t really know what’s it like. I guess general scummy behaviour, with a side of extreme disrespect towards the king. If the player’s a King, and hastens the lynch, then he’ll also be really scummy IMO.

Both. Peer suspicions should be pretty important if the king considers him/herself a general noob. (e.g. I’d surely consider all suspicions if I’d be king :P) However, if (s)he has an own suspicion, certainly (s)he should think about it when making his/her decision.

I think there could’ve been a better choice. Both mafia pros (you) and noobs are dangerous choices for the king position.
If the king’s a pro, and scum, then everyone’s square fucked as we won’t really know he IS scum.
If the king’s a noob, then chances are (s)he won’t know what to do, randomly will decide, and then… see above.

I can’t really think of a better decision, though. Maybe Sabin or SE.

I’m not a scum, and don’t think I have shown any signs of scumminess.

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Too early in the game to tell anything.

IDEA PROPOSAL THING

I don’t really think I could remember I should use FoS’s instead of votes. :P Maybe we should use the normal mafia system, with votes, FoS’s, HoS’s and all that, with a slight change in “voting”?

Flag Post

Thanks for clearing the vote issue, Host. Can you clear the other query regarding DLs later?

Also, is anyone allowed to claim Kingmaker? Answer this question with a yes or no, please. Also, is anyone allowed to claim Hero? Answer this question with a yes or no, please.

Whoever is the Kingmaker, keep your goddamn mum even if the Host decides that claiming Kingmaker is allowed.

@Ham: Does 2 exclude scum? You didn’t mention it.

I like your answer to 3 because it makes me feel important on the second sentence. What falls into the scope of extreme disrespect? Why would scum be likely to display that behavior?

At 5, do you think you’d be able to figure it out if I was scum and King?

At 5, again, are Sabin and SE between ‘pro’ and ‘noob’, then?

Flag Post

After some thought, I’ve decided that no roleclaiming is allowed whatsoever – essentially, one’s role will only be revealed upon death, unless you happen to be a Hero who gets chosen for contest kick, in which case it’s automatically revealed.

@AN: Day Phase lasts until the King makes his or her vote, since that’s pretty integral to the structure of the game. That being said, it occurs to me that there’s no reason for a given King to choose to No-Vote, if they so desire, although as per ordinary votes, they cannot undo this decision once it is made.

Flag Post

You guys’ve heard what the host says. This invalidates (2) on my survey.

Quoting in context:

On sites other than mafiascum.net, claiming in any context is not allowed. This is usually considered a sign of a weak setup that can be broken (by a mass nameclaim, for instance).

The bad thing about the no roleclaiming thing is that if X is King and wants to lynch Y, who is a Hero and finds X very much town, Y cannot claim Hero in order to save X, which might be a nuisance.

Flag Post

The bad thing about the no roleclaiming thing is that if X is King and wants to lynch Y, who is a Hero and finds X very much town, Y cannot claim Hero in order to save X, which might be a nuisance.

That’s kind of the point – if the King lynches a Hero, sucks to be them. Also, considering that anyone can feasibly claim to be a townie, or a hero, or a kingmaker, and since providing evidence of one’s role is something that generally isn’t allowed in most mafias, there’s no point to roleclaiming in the first place, so there’s no real point in allowing it.

Flag Post

Not eager to argue with you, Host, but there’s something I want to point out.

Roleclaiming is a powerful tool in mafia that can be used by scum and townie alike. Mathematically/logically speaking, anyone can claim anything so it is useless. Psychologically speaking, that’s unlikely. You mention ‘providing evidence for their role’, but actually, a simple statement such as “I am a Hero” carries significant gameplay quirks regardless of evidence (Evidence, here, would be quoting one’s role PM. That would be illegal according to mafia rules).

A kingmaker claim makes for a confirmed innocent (if only person claims and no one counterclaims), or a 1-1 lynchable scum (someone counterclaims. Townies have no reason to counterclaim, so one of the people claiming Kingmaker is scum).

A hero claim has subtle implications that I am not going to go into depth right now. My answer to (2) would have clarified it but the point is currently moot.

In other words, roleclaiming is useful to us. If you do prohibit it, it has to be for something other than it being useless. I even have a good logic you can use to make it illegal to claim Kingmaker only. Note that IMHO, you should allow for claiming Heroes, but it’s your game, and your rules.

1) Every day, Kingmaker claims. That will give us either confirmed townx1 or lynchable scum.
2) If King lynches scum, he is likely to be town. However, this King cannot be killed by scum as they have to kill the confirmed town during the following night.
3) Repeat in order to always have a town King.

It’s something that somewhat increases town’s chances of borking the setup.

That’s all.

I know only 6 hours have passed, but I kinda expected more posts :(

Flag Post

…okay, then, let’s have a vote on it. Who wants to be able to roleclaim, who doesn’t mind, and who definitely doesn’t want roleclaiming?