[Psychological Strategy] Crossing Lies IV: Deaths in Xville [Post-game discussion] page 5 (locked)

150 posts

Flag Post

No, cents, you don’t understand.
Helltank literally has lied through ALL THREE PREVIOUS INCARNATIONS OF THIS GAME IN EVERY SINGLE ROUND.
Honestly, if he told me “Chernobyl has not exploded again”, I would probably start buying canned foods, iodine, and a gun.
It is that bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

No, cents, you don’t understand.
Helltank literally has lied through ALL THREE PREVIOUS INCARNATIONS OF THIS GAME IN EVERY SINGLE ROUND.
Honestly, if he told me “Chernobyl has not exploded again”, I would probably start buying canned foods, iodine, and a gun.
It is that bad.

I somewhat followed those games and all I saw was a bunch of wall posts full of nothing by him. He might have done a hell of a lot of lying through PM but in the actual threads he wrote a small Seinfeld novel. Not trying to trash him, but I didn’t even read his posts since they were a waste of time if I was trying to follow the game, unless I wanted tips on how to make things overly and unnecessarily convoluted.

Flag Post

What you fail to understand is that in Crossing Lies, nobody posts anything of value in the thread except screenshots. It’s too public. To get juicy info, I strike some sort of information exchange deal in PMs and get my role conditions first. It’s usually very simple, there are always a bunch of people who for some reason repeatedly tell the truth in Crossing Lies. I always feed good info to them, to befriend them since I know it’s unlikely they’re going to backstab me. For the filthy bastards like myhome I will usually exchange very tentative information and lie to them a lot of the time. Then I doublecheck any info they give me with the trustworthies so I can tell if they’re trying something funny. If they are, I continue to feed bullshit to them. If they aren’t, it means they’re going straight and narrow for this round and I can safely get good info from them for the rest of this round(I haven’t encountered a single person who tells the truth but starts lying halfway through or vice-versa. It’s just not done for some reason).

Notice that a lot of the posts in the thread are posted by screenshot-happy people(and personally I do not use screenshots) or lurkers who want to post a few times and play the rest of the game through PMs(like me). Very few information is actually posted or received through the thread. Once I teamed up with someone(either tracy, myhome or Jask, I can’t remember, all of them are people I would team up with for such a thing) and unleashed a conspiracy in order to set the other PM-lurkers into fighting amongst each other and, it is hoped, screw up any plans they might have and thus make sure they can’t fulfill their role. It lasted a week and involved some pretty heavy lies. The conspiracy went off without a hitch(except for the unfortunate part where I refused to believe Sanda Claws was a real role and it was) and I triumphed well(along with my partner). And in that entire round, I only made 3 posts in the thread. One to request a PM conversation to set up communications, another one to stir the cauldron(spread clouds of confusion etc. claim that I got a juicy piece of info to get people to PM me) and a third to express my opinion that Sanda Claws was fake(it was not).

As you will soon learn, funiax. The secret to Crossing Lies is not to get people to trust you and believe the bullshit you spout, but rather for them to trust you ENOUGH to allow you to accomplish your goal. That’s why there’s no need to “preserve” my reputation(as a certain unnamed player once said to me when questioned as to how I can know he won’t lie to me) as a truth-teller. Yes, everyone says. Helltank is a lying bastard, I wouldn’t believe it if he said the sky was blue, took a screenshot and got Obama to admit it on national TV. But I know that in this case there’s no reason for him to lie to me, it’s in his best interests to tell the truth, so I’m going to believe it and give him good stuff in return.

Flag Post

The only time when screenshots were any actual real use was in the first ever psychological strategy game (SupHomie’s Paradise Lost). That was because back then, we weren’t used to playing games like this and hadn’t built up an ability to edit screenshot or be aware of other people’s abilities to lie so much.

Flag Post

I claimed Blue Leader then and got insta-counterclaimed by the real Blue Leader. It was so retarded gambit and I got voted out like a boss on suspicion of being a very noob Rogue.
(Or was it Red Leader I claimed to be?)

Anyway I remember thinking about faking a screenie but being too lazy to do so.

Flag Post

XoXoXoXoXoX

23 hours left

XoXoXoXoXoX

Flag Post

Results

Player ~ Number

Bluji ~ 1
Helltank ~ 2
NinjaMaster131 ~ 3
S_98 ~ 4
DragonArcherZ ~ 5
djrockstar ~ 6
hamuka ~ 7
Hyped ~ 8
2Cents ~ 9
MyNameIsNothing ~ 10
Tracymirkin123 ~ 11
Pulsaris ~ X
Funiax ~ Y
myhome16 ~ Z

PM X/Y/Z received:

Crossing Lies IV

You’re X/Y/Z. You must get a number to send your name to me.

People Eliminated

Name ~ Reason

Bluji ~ Sent in an incorrect name
MyNameIsNothing ~ Sent in an incorrect name
djrockstar ~ Did not send in
hamuka ~ Did not send in
Hyped ~ Did not send in
Tracymirkin123 ~ Did not send in
Pulsaris ~ Did not complete task
Funiax ~ Did not complete task

Flag Post

Meh. 5 people left? Errr…

Flag Post

For the filthy bastards like myhome

HehnobhneHHHHHng.

No. I only lie SOME of the time. And if you are entering into a long lasting mutual agreement pact, you’re an idiot and SHOULD get backstabbed.
The only time where I laid out a net of lies so completely was in the Lawyer scene in Crossing Lies 1. I actually contacted a person who I was competing against, told him how I was his allied role, and then got him to feed me verified true information. It worked all the way up until 24 hours remaining, by which time it was irreversible.

(Also, Jask, the title.)

Flag Post

TBH, myhome, you’re sorta obvious. Sorta.

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

TBH, myhome, you’re sorta obvious. Sorta.

This challenge was hard to lie in. I essentially had to get everyone’s number, send them ‘my’ number, and hope that none of them talked to each other.
I’ve done some pretty devious stuff.

Flag Post

This is no longer any strategy. You randomly send a name in and cross your fingers to pass, because almost every single fricking person lies. It’s just not fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

This is no longer any strategy. You randomly send a name in and cross your fingers to pass, because almost every single fricking person lies. It’s just not fun.

It’s all about alliances, that’s how PL2 was won.

I agree though. I was lucky because I just went with Hyped and hoped for the best. XYZ were extra hard to play though, because of a counterclaim basically nullifies your chance by a lot. Jask, learn to host an actual psychological strategy game :s

Flag Post

PLPLPLPLPLPL

i suxed.

Flag Post

Do a prisoners’ dilemma round, or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

For the filthy bastards like myhome

HehnobhneHHHHHng.

No. I only lie SOME of the time. And if you are entering into a long lasting mutual agreement pact, you’re an idiot and SHOULD get backstabbed.
The only time where I laid out a net of lies so completely was in the Lawyer scene in Crossing Lies 1. I actually contacted a person who I was competing against, told him how I was his allied role, and then got him to feed me verified true information. It worked all the way up until 24 hours remaining, by which time it was irreversible.

(Also, Jask, the title.)

Yeah I remember this. I don’t know what information you could have gotten from me since I had none. The other lawyer didn’t bother PMing me until like 36 hours left and the judge didn’t bother coming online for the last 24 hours when I sent him information that you admitted you’re scum.

I did the same thing there and here, pretty much nothing since everyone automatically believes counter-claims undoubtedly for some reason and this just isn’t a fun task to do PM work in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Challenge 2: Numbers

I am too original.

In this task, 11 of you have been given a number. What you must do is send me the name of a person who is at max 3 numbers ahead of you, you may change answers, but only your last one is counted. If you’re number 11, 10, or 9, then you must send me a name of a person is at max 3 numbers behind you. For example:- You are number 1. You must send me the name of either 2, 3 or 4 without any specification which number the person is. Example 2:- You are number 11. You must send me the name of either 10, 9, or 8 without any specification which number the person is.

You have a whopping 120 hours to complete this challenge, remember, answers must be PMed to me.

Good luck.

I sent Hyped, who was number 8. So why did I lose?

Flag Post

When is the next round?

Flag Post

Challenge ???: Target!

Redemption round for all people who got eliminated in C2.

All you must do is send me a PM about who you target, if a player gets an even number of targets, he is revived. If a player gets an odd number, he stays dead. If you do not send in a PM, you stay dead. You may change your answer but only your last one is counted. You have 96 hours for this.

Good luck.

Flag Post

What about people who get 0? Do you consider that even or odd?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

What about people who get 0? Do you consider that even or odd?

Even.

Flag Post

Official bump of questioning: Is this dead or not?

Flag Post

Funiax and Tracymirkin123 are redeemed!

Flag Post

Exact scores, please?

Flag Post

Ah, sorry, missed one PM that was sandwiched between other large PMs I received.

Bluji → Pulsaris
Tracymirkin123 → Pulsaris
Pulsaris → Bluji
Funiax → Pulsaris

Funiax: 0, Tracy: 0, Bluji: 1, Pulsaris: 3

The even numbers got redeemed.