[Game] Hunted -- Game over: WooFunWeed wins! (locked)

249 posts

Flag Post

What is Hunted?

Hunted is (I assume so) the first puzzle hunt ever hosted on the Forum Games Forum. I’m not gonna go into detail about what a puzzle hunt is, you can go google it yourself, but I’m going to tell you how Hunted works.

The game is split into three rounds, called ‘sets’. The sets have eight to eleven puzzles of varying difficulty, some easier, some ridiculously hard, and each set also features a metapuzzle. Each of the set puzzles give out an answer and once you think you have enough answers, you can try to solve the metapuzzle. Here’s an example from Wikipedia. At the end of set 3, solving the last metapuzzle unlocks the meta-metapuzzle, which uses the metapuzzle answers from the three sets.

Elimination Pattern

The players will be split into teams of up to three in the pregame phase. These teams (you can also work alone if you wish to) will be given quicktopics that are used for answer submission and puzzle unlocking.

You start each set with 15 tokens and you need 5 tokens to unlock a new puzzle, so you can unlock 3 puzzles at the start of each round. Correctly solving a puzzle gives you 5 tokens. In order to unlock the metapuzzle, you need to use 10 tokens. It might sounds complicated, but it isn’t really. If you ever get stuck, there is a set-neutral bonus puzzle which can be used to earn 5 tokens.

In order to survive to the next set, you need to be in a later-specified amount of teams to solve the meta quickest. Too slow and your team is out.

Sign-up Sheet / Team Sheet

Submit in the thread. Sign-up and team sheets must be submitted before June 18, 12:00 PM.

1. Are you familiar with solving (difficult) puzzles? Have you participated in puzzle forum games before?
2. Are you willing to make a quicktopic account?
3. If you sign, you give up your right to complain about the puzzle difficulty. Do you understand?
4. Are you willing to actively commit to solving puzzles for the next month?
5. If you are not in a team by the end of the sign-up phase, do you want to be randomly assigned to a team?

///

Team name:
Members:

Rules

1. Team members cannot contact people from the other teams regarding this forum game after the game begins.
2. Removing or editing posts in the quicktopics after the game begins is forbidden.
3. In a team of three, no member may submit consecutive answers. In teams of two, neither of the members can submit more than two answers in a row. Solo players aren’t affected.
4. Pre-game, all members must agree to be on a team.
X. These rules can be changed by Bluji whenever he feels the need to do so.

Helpful Links

Puzzle Tools and Resources: https://www.collegepuzzlechallenge.com/PuzzleTools.aspx
Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com

Flag Post

Player List (alphabetical)

aturtledoesbite
funiax
hamuka
Jaskaran2000
LouWeed
MaistlinRajere
Minnakht
racefan12
S_98
WiiPlayer113
Woon1957

Team List

Bad-Ass Minds ~ hamuka, Jaskaran2000, Minnakht
WooFunWeed ~ funiax, LouWeed, MaistlinRajere, Woon1957
Host-Made Team #2 ~ aturtledoesbite, racefan12, S_98, WiiPlayer113

EVENTSTBC

#1: Keep Running

Flag Post

Sign

1. Are you familiar with solving (difficult) puzzles? Have you participated in puzzle forum games before?

Yes, I think so. I have participated in Timespace, Deepspace and similar puzzle FGs.

Sure. Already have one.

3. If you sign, you give up your right to complain about the puzzle difficulty. Do you understand?

Perfectly okay.

Definitely.

Sure.

Can I fill up the Team Sheet right now, or should I wait?

Flag Post

[Adeeb]

Sure, feel free to fill up the team sheet if you know the team mates will approve.

Flag Post

Sign.

1. No. Yes.
2. Already have one.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Will wait a bit before Team Sheet, if possible.

Flag Post

Sign
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) NO SCREW YOU, I’LL COMPLAIN ALL I WANT, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes

I also recommend reading the posts.

Flag Post

Signification-prosignationisming.

Yes to both.

Have one.

Eeyup.

Yes, I’m willing to do that. (However I’m away on July 7-11, so :/)

5. If you are not in a team by the end of the sign-up phase, do you want to be randomly assigned to a team?

Yes, though we almost finished making a team.

Flag Post

1. I kind of helped out with this a little, and I tried making sort of my own game of this sort, but it wasn’t really participated. Maybe I set the bar too high.
2. oh man this is totally harshing my mellow – eh, I suppose I could, or I did already because it was pretty quick
3. At worst I’ll take another vacation
4. Just give me time to blow through my remaining three exams (shouldn’t take me TOO much time), and other than that my time’s free.
5. I’m already being teamed with someone as far as I know. If that doesn’t happen, I don’t mind being RNGed.

Flag Post

I’m good at puzzles, but my participation in puzzle FG’s is completely and utterly your fault

Those icky things? Can’t you find an alternative or something? EDIT: Whoops, I don’t. I was thinking of something else: http://i.imgur.com/RQGUuin.png

lolblu. People will complain regardless of difficulty, but I definitely won’t :)

Definitely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Are you familiar with solving (difficult) puzzles? Have you participated in puzzle forum games before?

Yes. No.

If you sign, you give up your right to complain about the puzzle difficulty. Do you understand?

Yes.

Are you willing to actively commit to solving puzzles for the next month?

Yes.

If you are not in a team by the end of the sign-up phase, do you want to be randomly assigned to a team?

Uh, sure.

Flag Post

1. No, m’lady. Yes, m’lady.
2. Of course, master.
3. Understood, master.
4. Errr… Must not give spot for Bluji game up YES.
5. No probbo. Sure, but I’ll try my best to forge an alliance.

Flag Post

NOTICE!

Question 5 has been added into the sign-up sheet, please answer it as well by editing your posts. Quicktopics will not be used, ignore that question. You will instead PM your answers to an alt I will be making later on.

Flag Post

First blood team.

Team name: Bad-Ass Minds
Members: Hamuka, Jaskaran2000, Minnakht

Flag Post

I can confirm I did sign up for that

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

I can confirm I did sign up for that

Me 2.

Flag Post

1. (censored) please, I was solving puzzles before some of you were born. And yeah, I’ve done puzzle FGs.
2. /ignored
3. I’ll probably be cheering for it.
4. Yeah. As long as one of the puzzles doesn’t involve something like “Meet Bluji on Kongregate in the middle of the day for a super-secret rendezvous and sharing of important information”.
5. Sure why not.

Flag Post

[race]

No, there aren’t any live puzzles, for the luck of all of you. But, instead, there are all kinds of other frustratingly difficult puzzles.

Flag Post

1. I consider myself a pretty okay puzzle solver. As long as the answers aren’t extremely obscure, I can probably hold my own. As for past FGs, not in a long while.

2. N/A

3. Yep.

4. I won’t have anything better to do, so sure.

5. I’d prefer to go solo.

Edit: Changed answer to number 5, when skimming through the rules I passed over it saying you can go solo.

Flag Post

Looks at race

Ohai. Am I getting the definition of “indefinite” wrong?
Anyway, good to see you’ve returned?

Flag Post

However, I will not be in chat or active in the forums (other than to play Bluji’s puzzle game that I promised him I would play).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

However, I will not be in chat or active in the forums (other than to play Bluji’s puzzle game that I promised him I would play).

Once again, my reading comprehension skills fail me.

Flag Post

SIGN

Yes

Question is too hard, wtf (Yes)

Aye.

Yes.

Flag Post

i am can puzzle gud

Sure.

Ye—wait a minute, this is a puzzle, ain’t it! I know I ain’t signin’ my rights away! (But yeah, sure.)

Eh. Not like I’ve got anything to do all summer. Hooray for empty schedules!

Only on the condition that I’m not in a team by the end of the sign-up phase. If so, you may randomly assign me to a team.

So. With all that said…

Flag Post

1. Yes, to both of those questions.
3. Here are my limbs, get the shackles. But yeah, sure.
4. It is summer, and I have no plans, so yes.
5. That would be fine.

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

I’m familiar with solving puzzles, though I don’t think that I’ve played a puzzle forum game here before.

Sure.

Sure, I need something to help me procrastinate to distract me from summer work anyways.

Sure.